User Tag List

Page 70 of 373 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,500 of 18633

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they delaying the Smackdown Divas so it's dark for Naomi's entrance?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that wasn't bad at all, really. Smackdown DDT, failed Shooting Star Press and holding up his end of the bargain for a few other spots.

Still a total waste of AJ though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Owens doing while this package plays? Fucking about getting in and out of the ring? Or rolling down the ramp?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ is so good

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this rate the Undertaker will get to the ring early on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominos is on the way

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That KO shirt is brilliant.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    If so Charlotte wins.
    I'm properly seething.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That women's match was alright. Started off great, but slowed down a bit. Sasha's elimination seemed weird. I was surprised that Sasha didn't turn.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually teared up a bit hearing Angle's music, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will this be the Hardyz?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This alone was worth staying up for.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking amazing

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much RAW in a row. It's going to be so tough listening to the shite commentary for like 3 matches in a row soon.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Hardyz are back

Fucking scenes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the first truly garbage match of the night. Two great performers and two passable women and they serve up that shower of shite?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of scripts on display in this match is a disgrace.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldberg Vs Lesnar was garbage, but it was fun garbage.

Taker going on last, presumably with JR on commentary, suggests he really is hanging them up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either Taker is retiring or he's doing a strip tease to send the fans home happy. Either way it's gonna be tough to watch.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, that was sad watching Taker leave his stuff in the ring. Wish I'd been there, to be honest.

I actually thought the show was really good. I've sat infront of the fucking tv for seven hours somehow, but it was worth it. There was far more good than there was bad. The only match I truly disliked was Orton / Wyatt which was just flat and the special effects just looked corny.

Hope Raw will be good tomorrow.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first third/half of the show was pretty good and it slowly went downhill from there to end on that colossal, botchy wet fart of a main event.

Goosebumps at the Hardys though, I'd bought the 'they're not joining yet' news articles and thought the New Day were about to announce their own entry.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed it overall. It did go a bit flat for a while - I didn't particularly care for Orton v Wyatt or the Smackdown women's match. I actually really enjoyed the main event. There was the obvious botch with the tombstone reversal, but if anything, it played into the storyline - especially with Taker trying to situp and not being able to.

The final scene will go down as one of the most memorable of all time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also buggered up the finish. I thought the whole match was a tedious drag and the HISTORY of it wasn't enough to keep me engaged any more than it was the crowd.

Rollins and HHH was rubbish too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruiserweights were decent for the time they had, as expected really.

The Battle Royal was bizarre but fun and unpredictable so that's about as good as they can be.

IC Title I didn't care about 1 bit going in and they did nothing to change my mind.

Shane Vs Styles was better than I expected although I feel like it'll be one of those matches that isn't as good on repeat viewings. The commentary did ruin it almost completely for me though, so many awkward silences.

Owens Vs Jericho didn't live up to my expectations but it was alright.

The RAW Women's title match was probably about the same as Owens/Jericho compared to what I expected. The eliminations were all garbage and I didn't much care when Bayley won which is a huge sign of how flawed the booking is in the division given I marked out when she won the title but everything in the division has been nonsensical since.

Tag Team match was decent just because the Hardyz were there. I feel like the Fatal 4 Way Ladder match I saw at WCPW was a better match, but the Hardyz made this an incredible moment.

Cena match was shite, which is a shame because the build up was good and Miz has been on the run of his life. He dominated the whole match and then lost to 2 moves. Fuck off.

I quite liked HHH Vs Rollins, a few spots aside. Showing about 12 scripts while they were outside really annoyed me and then the 76 pedigree reversals in a row was so annoying. The ending was fine. Solid match but not great.

Orton Vs Wyatt I barely watched and had zero interest in.

Lesnar Vs Goldberg was garbage but fun garbage, as I said last night.

SD match was decent enough for the short time it had. Mickie looked really good in a short spell in the middle.

Main Event felt off but not terrible. Taker absolutely killed him for ages and the kicking out of the Tombstone was BS. But then it did get to the point where I said to my mate "If Taker wins now it's bullshit" because Reigns had absolutely slaughtered him for what felt like 10 minutes but was probably less. The ending was incredibly emotional even more so watching it again today.

All in all I would say the show was decent. It delivered more than I expected. Nothing stands out to me as "That'll be in the top 100 matches of all time" but, Cena match aside, there were no total duds either. People calling Taker/Reigns the worst main event ever are clearly forgetting last years was infinitely worse, and that Taker has had much worse matches too recently (Shane, Wyatt).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taker's done for real according to the dirtsheets.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's probably saying his goodbyes on Raw tonight, then.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did the Dirt sheets feel the need to confirm that? Not sure how much more obvious he could have made it short of a flashing neon sign saying "I'm fucking done".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could have reported it years ago and it would have been just as true. I won't miss him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't bother watching the main card in the end. Might watch the ladder match, or possibly just a highlights package on YouTube.

Sounds pretty patchy, but that's not exactly shocking. Guess I should probably take a peek tonight to see how RAW goes, but it's unlikely.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a fair few matches that are worth checking out, but there's nothing that is must see.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone watch NXT Takeover? Fucking hell, the triple threat tag match was probably one of the most mental matches I've ever seen. If you watch absolutely nothing else from this weekend, at least give that a look.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Did anyone watch NXT Takeover? Fucking hell, the triple threat tag match was probably one of the most mental matches I've ever seen. If you watch absolutely nothing else from this weekend, at least give that a look.
    Yeah, match of the weekend so far.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard reviews from "Match of the year" to "utter shite made to put over the least deserving team at the expense of the other 2". Sadly, I'm not sure if I care enough about NXT to watch it. It's really died a death since the brand split robbed the talent.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The brand split hasn't had much of an effect, I'd say. NXT weekly tv went downhill straight after they called up Owens, Zayn, Neville, Charlotte and Sasha in such a short space and of course when Dusty died. The drop off was very noticeable after Dusty so it looks like he might have been the brain behind a lot of it.

I don't understand the AoP hate. They're perfectly fine and they look even better after this win.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caught a couple of matches of interest on YouTube. Nothing stood out at all apart from AJ easily being the best bloke in the company. All in all Wrestle Kingdom is still very much the show of the year.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I've heard reviews from "Match of the year" to "utter shite made to put over the least deserving team at the expense of the other 2". Sadly, I'm not sure if I care enough about NXT to watch it. It's really died a death since the brand split robbed the talent.

There's no doubt it would have been a better finish had one of the other teams won but it also wouldn't have made much sense in a wider context. I thought Wrestlemania was pretty good on the whole, a couple of slightly duff matches along the way but for something that could have gone horribly wrong it was a hell of a show.

Not sure what Mojo fucking Rawley is doing winning the BR but I was distracted by Big Damo somehow being there almost to the end.

Corbin/Ambrose - I didn't really care very much before, during or after.

AJ/Shane - Surprisingly good, extremely pleased that AJ won and (shit punches apart) I thought Shane was great. That shooting star press was mental.

KO/Jericho - Decent, nothing amazing.

Raw Womens Title - I liked this, all three of them bundling Jax was great. Charlotte is still amazing but I see the sense in Bayley winning, plus it looked like a crazy reaction.

Tag Ladder Match - Fucking mental scenes, marked out like a little bitch when that music hit. Fat Matt being the standout #moment (fuck off JBL) at Wrestlemania, what a bizarre thought that would have been a year ago.

Mixed Tag - Awful. Miz got completely buried in a feud the demonstrated how good he's been lately. I skipped the inevitable proposal, good for them and all but I can't think of many things I care less about.

HHH/Rollings - What a fucking stupid entrance, HHH looked an utter berk on his little trike. He then gobbed all over his wife which was nice. Match was decent enough, I liked the end but it went on a bit long.

SD Womens Title - Do people care about Naomi? I'm not sure I do, and whoever was cueing up the entrance music was in a hurry because at one point there were three people on that ridiculously long ramp.

Orton/Wyatt - Eugh, bit of a stinker. Especially when you consider that Bray oooh, the ring is beetles Randall, what are you gonna do now!! Wyatt got buried by the blandest man in wrestling.

Lesnar/Goldberg - I thought it was great, silly big red men knocking lumps off each other non stop for 5-10 minutes. I hope that's the last oe they do as it was a good way to end it.

Roman/Taker - The match was pretty turd and Undertaker has hung around for a few more years than he should have, he was walking like Khali ffs. I'm not sure what the point of this was, it's not like people could hate Reigns more than they do.

Horribly distracted all through by the insanely long entrance ramp. Wyatt took about a year to get to the ring and if the Undertaker had had to do the whole thing I think we'd still be there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty similar to my thoughts on most of those. I'm fairly sure Lesnar/Goldberg didn't even reach 5 minutes though (not that it matters, it was what it was).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baroque Lesnar vs Goldberg was Hogan vs Andre levels of shit, but at least it gets Lesnar back over as being almost unbeatable. I wonder who will come out tonight and cha... Roman Reigns mate obviously.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonga Jeff would be better.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully it's MoJo Rawley. His battle royal win should entitle him to move to RAW or just do whatever he wants really.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that knobhead who helped him (who seems to be quite good according to Wikipedia) a popular figure, or is he one of those dickheads that even his own fans think is a cock?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at that spot, though. The big freak jumps the barrier and that security bint obviously wasn't in on it. Cue the refs having to drag her away whilst at the same time looking as if to stop the geezer. Shambles.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Caught a couple of matches of interest on YouTube. Nothing stood out at all apart from AJ easily being the best bloke in the company. All in all Wrestle Kingdom is still very much the show of the year.
    After watching a bit more of the independents recently, I'm seriously considering signing up to NJPW World to give it a go. Will Genesis be good this weekend, you think?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    After watching a bit more of the independents recently, I'm seriously considering signing up to NJPW World to give it a go. Will Genesis be good this weekend, you think?
    Okada v Shibata could very well be another 5 star match. Okada is just a freak and can have classicss with anyone.

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/1855?showCards=1

It will be a lot better than Wrestle Mania with the last 3 matches pissing on the top of the card. Kenny Omega will probably be more wacky in his tag match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw was mostly good fun, though I was wondering if last night/tonight we'd be seeing a bit of Nakamura so I was disappointed (even though I should have realised exactly what was going to happen) when Pap O'Shango came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Is that knobhead who helped him (who seems to be quite good according to Wikipedia) a popular figure, or is he one of those dickheads that even his own fans think is a cock?
    He's a bit of a monster as a player and other than low-level bellend-ery he's largely popular, I think.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does play for the Patriots, so that doesn't help.

I skimmed through RAW in about 15 minutes... it seemed alright, but returns/call ups aside seemed pretty standard. If they really do try for Lesnar Vs Braun it'll be a farce.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kur Tangle.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying hard not to be cynical but can't help thinking they'll ruin him within a month. Not having Stephanie there to immediately cut off his balls does help, though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince: Hey guys I've just shown up to tell you that Wrasslemania is over and GUESS WHAT?!? DRAFT NEXT WEEK!!

TTH:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a draft is needed to be fair. So many people need to move.