PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

SincereTheRebel
05-01-2018, 06:15 PM
I have over 400 MLS players at my club and about 100 serie a. Is it worth selling them or pack collect for the league SBC just released .

The Merse
05-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Did the Serie A SBC for 7k and with that spent just where my teams were overrated, allowing me to pick up cheaper players in place of the likes of the Miranda, Chiellini and Pjanic's I had in my club.

Pulled Hazard, Baby Deco, Mertens and another Miranda from the packs, along with 10+ 83 and above rated players.

Happy with that. Will likely sell my MLS players as I only have 70 or so and can't be arsed with it.

Yevrah
05-01-2018, 08:23 PM
The Baby Deco is a great pull. 450k right there?

Yevrah
05-01-2018, 08:27 PM
The 90? Fucking hell.

Yeah, I can afford him and I can't see how he won't be the best player in the game right now and probably by quite some distance.

5 star weak foot and 6 foot three with those stats is just ridiculous. Stick a hawk on him and he looks more or less flawless as an attacking force.

The Merse
05-01-2018, 08:59 PM
The Baby Deco is a great pull. 450k right there?

Yup, have easily pulled a million in total, with Hazard still going for 250k.

May sell Hazard, do the Rui Costa and Schmeichal SBC's and then look to get prime Henry.

Trancemeister
05-01-2018, 10:54 PM
Done 8 Serie A and 10 MLS and got Alaba (who I already have ofcourse) and some Melbourne player as the only one worth something.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2018, 02:13 PM
49 games, 84 goals and 33 assists. All games on legendary bar about 5 or so from online seasons.

Ben Yedder is bonkers.

Yevrah
06-01-2018, 02:47 PM
While still amazing he's slowed down a bit for me, while Dembele is weighing in with more and more.

He still has 182 in 154, but it's been a while since he dominated a game for me.

Just caught up with the overnight games in squad battles (refreshing before I went to bed) and with another 4 wins I'm back up to Elite 1 (effectively with 4 games in hand too) and have 51,947 from 25 games, an average of 2,077 a game. If I can maintain that over the last 20 games I'll hit my highest score yet at around the 93k mark, but that would still leave me somewhere in the region of 20k short of top 100, which I'll need to average 2,555 to hit. Fucking tough that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Just refreshed my opponents and saw this:

https://i.imgur.com/Vn7JBKq.jpg

Jesus.

Danny
07-01-2018, 01:22 AM
And I was just about to come in and say how happy I am to see 1m in the bank for the first time ever on FUT. Granted I took 3/4 years off and only got back into in July and missed the years where the coins skyrocketed but still, that fucking team.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 01:32 AM
When you look at it they've spent the coins really badly.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 01:33 AM
I assume that most are loans or at least I'd hope so.

Only Ferdinand is the non-prime.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Henry's non-prime too. The guy has coins.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 01:46 AM
Ofc it is. I forgot about the 93 ST one.

Just put 10 against one of my opponents though which was nice. Pogba got 4 which is his second hattrick since I upgraded to the IF.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 01:52 AM
I just got battered 3-0. :moop: Worst defeat for ages.

12 games left and sat on 66k points, need another 14k from those games to all but guarantee Elite 1. Feels like quite a slog now and if I'm honest I'm enjoying trading more at the moment. Made a fair whack on MLS silvers today inbetween games and also spent some time clearing the crap out of my club.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 02:03 AM
I got done 3-0 just now too.

Defence went full mong twice in the first 15 minutes and I just couldn't break their defence down at all for some reason. They added the third in injury time when I was pushing.

Hardest game I've had in some time, felt like it was on Ultimate at times.

I'm blaming it on being tired.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 02:06 AM
The impact Custom Tactics have is absolutely huge and when you come up against a team that has good ones, it makes it so much harder.

If the difficulties are to be believed (i.e. EA haven't fucked with the settings for SB vs. Seasons) then they make the world of difference.

It was an 87 rated side with a full bronze bench, but I couldn't get near the bastards.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 02:15 AM
What teams are you gents sporting now?

Danny
07-01-2018, 03:59 AM
Bundesliga
https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/1922989

Prem
https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/1922984

Rocking these.

Had Blind (bought for like 15k expecting an SBC needing them) and Mustafi (will be used in the Shearer SBC) in the club and Eriksen is untradeable so I ditched the few Bundesliga players I had for them so I could get Meunier in the team.

Not sure what to do to the Bundesliga team aside from the really expensive players. For the Prem side I think the following will be in order:

De Bruyne in for Gundogan (flip KDB infront of Meunier).
Get Shearer permanentely (38 goals and 11 assists in 19 games)
Replace Baka with a beast, my Loan TOTW was 88 Desailly so I am going to see how he is in there,
Fix the left half of the defense.

SincereTheRebel
07-01-2018, 08:18 AM
Https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/2857940

All time leading scorer (370 games, 226 goals, 143 assists) thomas muller has now lost his place. I need that left footed flair at CAM. Added Junu over the FUTMAS and he has now replaced thiago and tolisso in my team. Guilavogui is still the best CDM ive used. He stays exactly in the CDM position. Using him with a powerhouse card and he is superb. I also put it down to his offensive workrate being medium. Lewandoski disappoints me though. He isn't as good as I expected him to be. He just feels like a stronger muller. His shooting stats suggest he can shoot from anywhere on either foot, but that's not that case. His left foot is poor.

I'm going to look at getting the IF version of either tolisso or goretka. That will be my next upgrade. Who is better? I have zero interest in getting an ICON. No idea why, but they just don't excite me.

Baz
07-01-2018, 08:31 AM
Shearer has 81 pace? :cab:

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Thought you'd done Shearer Danny?

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 01:53 PM
https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2236506

That's what mine looks like in game.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 02:01 PM
What's Viera like Mahow? So tempted to bring him in, but then I've got an untradeable Rui Costa to consider.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 02:08 PM
He's a monster. I have shadow on him and he's pretty much a perfect CDM.

He breaks up so many attacks and due to his height he wins loads of headers which puts me right back on attack. He's basically one of the best defenders who plays in midfield.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Yeah, thought as much. I'll whack the team up later, but I basically have a midfield trio of Kante, TotGS Kimmich and Rui Costa. It's a flat three, Costa is wasted there and I'd love to replace him with Viera. Don't fancy doing the Prime SBC as it's crazy to sink that many coins into an untradeable for me currently, but then I'm left with Rui Costa doing nothing if I buy a Viera instead.

I've got a fair number of the Serie A players to do that SBC, which given the packs is monstrous value, so may do that ahead of TotY and see what luck it brings.

Oh and just hit half a million match coin earnings, which is nice. 501,475 to be precise.

Danny
07-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Thought you'd done Shearer Danny?

Not yet. I did the loan and then the most expensive SBC while the prices were down on the 87s. The rest should be a bit of a breeze as I bought the IFs I need too. It’s just actually committing to a non tradable player and being willing to pay the, still, slightly inflated 84s prices.

Thinking about TOTY as a good time when people open a lot of packs.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Have EA fucked with crossing by stealth? My full backs were providing loads of assists, don't think I'm doing anything different, but the defenders are now always in front/ahead of my attackers.

This post is sponsored by an infuriating 2-1 loss.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Ben Yedder just broke a club record.

He and Mbappe held the record for most goals in a match at 5 but Ben decided to go mental and just popped 7 in during a 9-0 win (and an assist). The 7th was his 100th club goal which he achieved in 58 matches.

Hero.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Jesus Mahow, that's impressive shit. Where are you likely to finish?

Have 8 games left myself and need 7k to secure Elite 1 (maybe less even) so that's all but a done deal, but fuck me is it a slog.

Makes me laugh at all the pros and Youtubers who can't be arsed with Fut Champions in January when it's their job.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 04:58 PM
4 games left and I think I've got a 6k-7k buffer for Elite 1.

I missed at least 4 though and I'm never going to finish in the top 100.

SincereTheRebel
07-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Been playing 41212 (2) for a while now and ive noticed my CAM goes walkabouts at times. Looks like he swaps with the RCM at times. Type it in and it looks like there is a bug affecting users. I'm now testing the defensive line on 'offside trap' Watching every youtube tactic video, they all state not to use it. I'm tired of the AI on legendary playing killer through balls between my central defenders and fullbacks. I'm now playing deeper and offside trap. It works well so far. AI often gets caught offside and ive yet to have a scenario where I thought 'If the defensive line was on cover, that wouldn't have happened' I imagine online, its probably suicide.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Yeah, the CAM/RCM thing happens a lot to me. I thought it was just Mbappe thinking he's a defender and Pogba not being arsed to get back.

SincereTheRebel
07-01-2018, 05:32 PM
I'm going to try the 4312 with three CM. I have four games left in SB. Missed all of yesterdays games. I should be safe in elite two regardless of the results of the last four games.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 05:40 PM
I missed at least 4 though and I'm never going to finish in the top 100.

Yeah, after the post above with the 2,550 pint average it dawned on me that I won't either. To get that on Legendary, you'd probably need to average 5-0.25 wins in every game, or wank around accumulating corners and shots on goal to boost the skill points. I'm never going to be arsed to do the latter as that takes enjoyment to new lows, which leaves Ultimate difficulty as the only remaining option and I'm not good enough.

They could do with another layer of rewards between Elite 1 and Top 100 really. I don't play it (again, not good enough) but I understand FUT Champions could do with the same.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Here's the current team.

https://s10.postimg.org/feb0dr83t/New_1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

And bench.

https://s10.postimg.org/4sr51eejd/New_2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Can't post the stats as only on the web app (no assists on there bizarrely) so I'll whack those up later.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Dawned on me that I've got a shitload of coins tied up on that bench and a couple of players I'd like to move to it. Some more business required tonight I think.

Danny
07-01-2018, 06:34 PM
For alll that money still having that centre back and keeper :lol:

Did you say you were looking at Gullit? Isn’t he like 4m? How much would prime Vieira be? He looks like and end game player to me

Edit: just seen it’s 2.4.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 06:51 PM
:D

Rico and Lenglet are perfectly fine. The former saves everything he should and some he shouldn't, while the latter often gets subbed off at half time to make way for PotM Sane in an Ultra-Attacking CB role - sounds mental but it works a treat most of the time when trying to break down stubborn teams in Squad Battles.

I can't speak for FUT Champions, but for offline modes keepers are a myth. There are indeed some shit ones, but get one of the competent ones (Begovic, Fahrmann, or indeed Rico) and that's all you need. He's played nearly 600 games for me and the only way I'll get rid of him is if chemistry requirements dictate that I should.

As for the coin situation, I have 5.9m now, which will be 6.0m come tonight's rewards and (having just totted up the unsold IFs I've invested in) there's another 300k there of players if I cashed in now.

I generated about 2-3 million early doors with the packs I paid for (with the two icons I pulled helping massively) and I've just built it up ever since. I do want to spend it, but it always feels like I'm waiting for something. ToTY will be when I stop waiting though (albeit I'll probably keep a million) and suggestions are welcome for where I should spend it.

90 Gullit and (any) Viera are two players I'm mad keen on. Albeit I'd probably play the former at ST which means dropping Ben Yedder and I love him.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 06:56 PM
I'd buy a keeper with the saves with feet trait tbh.

It gives them extra animations so they save more than a standard keeper.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I'd buy a keeper with the saves with feet trait tbh.

It gives them extra animations so they save more than a standard keeper.

If I was playing online where every shot is a low driven then I probably would, but for Squad Battles, it's just not needed.

Raoul Duke
07-01-2018, 08:21 PM
You have 6m coins and you've got some bloke you could pick up for buttons at centre back?

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 08:36 PM
You have 6m coins and you've got some bloke you could pick up for buttons at centre back?

Yep, and at this moment in time, and for the modes I play, it genuinely wouldn't make any difference if I had one who cost 1,000 times that instead - I finish Elite 1 in Squad Battles without a £1m/meta centre-back and I'd finish Elite 1 with one.

Centre-Backs aren't quite as noticeable as keepers, but they're another position where it doesn't matter that much - Manolas will be as effective as almost all of the others available, for example.

Danny
07-01-2018, 08:48 PM
I just turned this on to think about finishing my games (I have played about half I think) and turned it right back off. Can not be bothered with it today.

Think ill stick to the WebApp and trading. 2 more SBCS to go for Shearer though. 85 and 86 and I reckon about 100k outlay left.

SincereTheRebel
07-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Been playing 41212 (2) for a while now and ive noticed my CAM goes walkabouts at times. Looks like he swaps with the RCM at times. Type it in and it looks like there is a bug affecting users. I'm now testing the defensive line on 'offside trap' Watching every youtube tactic video, they all state not to use it. I'm tired of the AI on legendary playing killer through balls between my central defenders and fullbacks. I'm now playing deeper and offside trap. It works well so far. AI often gets caught offside and ive yet to have a scenario where I thought 'If the defensive line was on cover, that wouldn't have happened' I imagine online, its probably suicide.

I'm going to try the 4312 with three CM. I have four games left in SB. Missed all of yesterdays games. I should be safe in elite two regardless of the results of the last four games.

Also played with pressure and aggression on 100 and I went undefeated in the last four games. I didn't create as many chances as I would like but defending from the front with pure aggression worked well. You could actually see the AI get into a panic once they were closed down in groups. Finished this weekend with 65327 points. I missed 8 games yesterday. As already stated, unless I start playing on ultimate or getting 2200+ points per game on average. Elite 1 just isn't possible for me at this time. Ive played 3 games on ultimate and conceded four goals each time and barley creating any chances.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 10:09 PM
I've got a 3.5k buffer with 2 games remaining which I can't be arsed to do.

Hopefully it will be enough.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Do you play Online Danny?

I think I might start doing that soon. SB is getting quite tedious and it's almost a part time job to get Elite 1.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 10:24 PM
85k points and Elite 1 is more than secured.

Part of the reason I've been clearing my club out is that I'm going to have a go at the Bronze Pack method over the next month and see how we go.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2018, 10:52 PM

I think I might start doing that soon. SB is getting quite tedious and it's almost a part time job to get Elite 1.

Don't jump to DKT/WL then.

You'll lose your whole weekend playing the worst of the worst dickheads.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 11:08 PM
Was thinking more of online seasons.

Danny
07-01-2018, 11:25 PM

Nah. I have no interest in playing that amount of games during a weekend league and at this point of being out of online play for so long I would probably be crap at it anyway :lol:

Currently SBs will satisfy my need for FIFA. Some weeks I play them all, most I probably do between 1/2 and 2/3. I think I enjoy the trading more to be honest.

If you are going to BPM you should sell your coins. First site I pulled up is offering $83,72 for 1m coins :drool:

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 11:36 PM
If you are going to BPM you should sell your coins. First site I pulled up is offering $83,72 for 1m coins :drool:

Blimey, didn't realise it was that much. How you transfer that many without getting banned is beyond me though. Oh and out of interest, what makes you think I should sell my coins if I'm going to give BPM a go?

I'm gonna give it a crack as I'm curious to see how much you can earn. People like Nepenthez swear by it. I did it ages ago on FIFA12 or FIFA 13, but with the 750 coin bronze packs and definitely made money, but apparently that's the wrong pack to be opening.

Yevrah
07-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Anyone used SIF Harold Lozano? I'd invested in him, but he looks mustard and so tempted to just use him off the bench instead.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Got Dendoncker as my loan IF, which while a bit shit did make me take a second look at his stats. He'd make a beastly CDM with the right card.

Danny
08-01-2018, 12:35 AM
Blimey, didn't realise it was that much. How you transfer that many without getting banned is beyond me though. Oh and out of interest, what makes you think I should sell my coins if I'm going to give BPM a go?

I'm gonna give it a crack as I'm curious to see how much you can earn. People like Nepenthez swear by it. I did it ages ago on FIFA12 or FIFA 13, but with the 750 coin bronze packs and definitely made money, but apparently that's the wrong pack to be opening.

Was thinking you would be looking at something of a "fresh start". Obviously keeping the beast team and maybe some of the coins. That's decent money for them though!

Got Dendoncker as my loan IF, which while a bit shit did make me take a second look at his stats. He'd make a beastly CDM with the right card.

I was watching someone when they pulled him who said the same. I think he had a TOTS last year that was a bit of a monster.

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-01-2018, 12:53 AM
Willian as my loan TOTW which isn't too bad at all, easily the best I've had.

IF Lovren in my packs was the best. Only had one other at 83.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Decided to keep my Mega Packs for ToTY (I Know I've said this before...) and am hammering through Serie A now to bolster that. 7 down so far and it's not been too bad. Skipped Beneveto as I'll probably leave that until last to offset the pain of the 30k cost with the overall reward.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Was thinking you would be looking at something of a "fresh start". Obviously keeping the beast team and maybe some of the coins. That's decent money for them though!

If I could guarantee selling them without getting banned halfway through doing so (or ripped off) I'd probably just do it and start again on the other Xbox account I have so I'd still be able to use the decent stuff from the catalogue to get me going.

What was the site you were looking at? I found a UK one for £5 something per 100k, but they didn't seem to want that many.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Finished the Serie A SBC. Not sure exactly how much it cost but I had a fair number of the players needed in the club. Only Beneveto and Juventus were real bastards.

EDIT: Oh and had a look a bit more at coin selling, it looks pretty dodgy and EA basically ban anyone with suspicious activity on their account.

Danny
08-01-2018, 02:37 AM
https://www.mmoga.com/FIFA-Coins/FUT-Coins-Sell/

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 02:40 AM
Cheers, that was the one I saw with the low demand. Only 760k of coins wanted on Xbox. Seems odd.

Danny
08-01-2018, 02:41 AM
Pulled Ibra from my Gold weeklys. He was the striker I was looking at before Shearer ffs. Who I am now 1 SBC away from getting and I feel it has cost me a lot less than I thought it would. I should have totaled up really. Cant be near 500k tho.

Cheers, that was the one I saw with the low demand. Only 760k of coins wanted on Xbox. Seems odd.

Shit yeah, forgot you were on the xbox not PS4.

Trancemeister
08-01-2018, 06:22 AM
Didn't play any matches at all last week. Just did some selling and sbcs and am up to 800k in coins now.
Anyone tried that Arnautovic striker card?

Trancemeister
08-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Pulled a silver player that goes for 20k+ yes please. Ié from Lille.

SincereTheRebel
08-01-2018, 10:48 AM
I bought FIFA coins recommended by The Agent. I didnt get banned, but my team got wiped clean. Not sure what punishment you get if you sell coins.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 12:37 PM
I bought FIFA coins recommended by The Agent. I didnt get banned, but my team got wiped clean. Not sure what punishment you get if you sell coins.

It'll be the same and I don't know how they'd administer it so as to be worth it without selling 200 coin cards to me for 10k a pop, which would take ages and would surely be so obvious I'd be all but guaranteed to be banned.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Didn't play any matches at all last week. Just did some selling and sbcs and am up to 800k in coins now.

I think I'm going to try and do that this week. I need a week off of the 40+game slog. I could just play the midweek games and then take the weekend off, but I know if I get to Friday with 40k+ of SB points I'll just carry on.

SincereTheRebel
08-01-2018, 07:39 PM
TOTY has been announced. Some voting system
https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/950426935867265025

The Merse
08-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Don't jump to DKT/WL then.

You'll lose your whole weekend playing the worst of the worst dickheads.

Cheers mate.

Yevrah
08-01-2018, 11:51 PM
Not a fan of that TotY structure. With it being community chosen there was an opportunity to have subs and reserves and instead it'll end up with 11 92+ players with miniscule pack rates.

Think I'll open the 34 packs I'm sat on now as a result.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-01-2018, 12:10 AM
I really hope Kimmich gets one and I can afford him.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I'll look forward to that. His pace should be upgraded to a level that'll make him phenomenal at right back.

It's strange, of the 55 cards that could be in the team, I had a surprising lack of interest in most of them.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-01-2018, 12:25 AM
There's only Kimmich, De Gea (who I'll never afford) and Mbappe (only if he's at RW) so it's the same for me.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Opened all of the packs and they were mostly dogshit then in the last one I pulled Boateng.

Danny
09-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Get him and Farhmann in the team?

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Got him in the team already.

Just looking at options currently though - I'm definitely going balls deep.

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-01-2018, 01:42 AM
I've heard that he's the best non-icon CB in the game.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 01:47 AM
I'd quite like to get PotM Sane in the team on full chemistry somehow. Just had a re-look at his stats, they're ridiculous and he plays well enough off the bench on 6 chemistry.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 01:49 AM
I've heard that he's the best non-icon CB in the game.

He is immense, but a bit chunky, which might not cause a problem, but it just looks/feels a bit odd. He's definitely the best I've used, but then I haven't tried any of the ludicrously overpowered Serie A or Prem centre backs.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 02:26 AM
The lack of properly good right sided forwards in this game is a real shame.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 02:53 AM
I think I can just about do this:

https://s10.postimg.org/dwlvrabvt/newter.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Prices for the 4 players I need must surely come down after TotY so I'll wait until then and that might be the side.

Danny
09-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Got him in the team already.

Just looking at options currently though - I'm definitely going balls deep.

So you do. I couldn’t remember who the good centre back you had was :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
09-01-2018, 11:47 AM
You really don't need Kante if you're getting Vieira and I'd just get the 85 version. 600k for a bit more dribbling (not needed on a CDM) and 4 more pace isn't worth it. The 85 still has 97 acceleration and 90 sprint speed with shadow.

Danny
09-01-2018, 12:17 PM
How set on Neymar are you?

Was thinking you could slide Henry left, get TOTGS Ben Yedder in the middle then Messi on the right. Move Vieria into the center of the three and put Ronaldinho on the left the three.

Edit: never mind. Messi’s chem would be crap wouldn’t it? Even with Icon and La liga link.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 12:37 PM
You really don't need Kante if you're getting Vieira and I'd just get the 85 version. 600k for a bit more dribbling (not needed on a CDM) and 4 more pace isn't worth it. The 85 still has 97 acceleration and 90 sprint speed with shadow.

Yep, fair shout on the lower version of Vieira. Definitely want Kante still as I'm after a midfield 3 that win the ball back before short passing to the front three who work their magic.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 12:40 PM
How set on Neymar are you?

Was thinking you could slide Henry left, get TOTGS Ben Yedder in the middle then Messi on the right. Move Vieria into the center of the three and put Ronaldinho on the left the three.

Edit: never mind. Messi’s chem would be crap wouldn’t it? Even with Icon and La liga link.

Not 100% on Neymar, but I'd like to try him. Didn't get on with Messi as I found him too weak to cope with the outright physical cheating the AI employs on Legendary. Neymar might suffer from the same problem, but his agilty and 5 star weak foot look unreal. I carried on tweaking the team last night and ended up reverting back to trying to get PotM Sane in it from the off on full chemistry. When you look at his card and employ the right chem style he's up there with most at the moment.

Danny
09-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Makes sense.

There’s a few icons I would love to give a try at some point. Outside the more obvious Van Basten, Laudrup and Zanetti stand out. Although the middle wouldn’t fit in anywhere and the latter is a lot of money for full back!

The Merse
09-01-2018, 08:40 PM
That's fucking ludicrous Yevrah

Think I'm about 150k short of getting Prime Henry SBC completed if I sell about 2000 odd players.

Given the high reward packs, I could expect to hit that value en route to the final part of the SBC, so I've decided to go balls deep and sell my club in pursuit of him. It may seem foolhardy, but I figure I've only got another 6 months playing this game, hoarding continues to diminish in value and at some stage I really want that Henry, and he's not going to be knocked off his perch by a TOTS player.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Those Marquee Matchup SBC's tie into a lot of players I have. Sadly no Montpellier ones on the books and I had to pay through the nose to complete it as a result, but if I can be arsed tonight could generate some serious coinage. :chief:

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 08:41 PM
That's fucking ludicrous Yevrah

Think I'm about 150k short of getting Prime Henry SBC completed if I sell about 2000 odd players.

Given the high reward packs, I could expect to hit that value en route to the final part of the SBC, so I've decided to go balls deep and sell my club in pursuit of him. It may seem foolhardy, but I figure I've only got another 6 months playing this game, hoarding continues to diminish in value and at some stage I really want that Henry, and he's not going to be knocked off his perch by a TOTS player.

Today might be a good time with Bundesliga, Prem and Ligue 1 players going for quite a bit.

The Merse
09-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Today might be a good time with Bundesliga, Prem and Ligue 1 players going for quite a bit.

Only problem is the list size. Only being able to sell 90 odd items at a time (the other 10 being high rated dup's going into the Henry SBC) is a ball ache.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 08:57 PM
A concerted effort and you'll hammer through a lot tonight. Price them right and they're snapped up in minutes.

The Merse
09-01-2018, 09:53 PM
A concerted effort and you'll hammer through a lot tonight. Price them right and they're snapped up in minutes.

Price too low and I could run out of funds.

10 of the SBC's down, 275k remaining and not a single fucking walkout.

Only had two sodding boards - for Pisczek and Jonas. Mental given the packs on offer.

Yevrah
09-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Yeah, the players seemed to have dropped off in price for the marquee matchups too. :moop:

I don't think I've pulled anything decent from any of the icon packs I've got yet and I've done bloody three of them.

The Merse
10-01-2018, 02:13 AM
Mane is about the best I've got, from the Schmeichel SBC I did to get a cheap icon for the 89 rated Henry SBC. Considering the pulls I've had from other SBC's this year it's disappointing.

I'm down to the last one - the 88 rated, having skipped to the 89 to utilise Schmeichel. I just need 87 rated Okocha to complete it. He's knocking about for 400k or so, and I'm down to 90k with 1700 players left and most of my supply of Gold players depleted, though I can also sell Lacazette for 40k as Henry will replace him. Were I to go down to one team I'd be able to do it with ease tonight, with Valencia, SIF Mooy, IF Alli, IF Goretzka, Boateng, Alaba, Bailly, IF Sterling and Valencia in my supposedly weaker team which won't feature Henry.

I've got another 20k coming on Thursday, and a couple of packs for FUT Champs rewards. I kinda wish I'd played all my games now, as I finished Silver 1 with 15 wins having only bothered playing 23 games. That put me on course for Gold 1, which would have been 50k and better packs. Still, if I can bring myself to carry on flogging players I should have it wrapped up for Thursday, and in time for the new WL commencing.

Yevrah
10-01-2018, 02:32 AM
Tempted to just move to one team and get it done?

The fake shot, which I'm now managing to use semi-regularly without completely fucking, must be one of the most overpowered moves going - It's revolutionising my attacks.

In other news, I've been using Hamsik off the bench at right full back and I think I'm going to sell my trio of Germans to accommodate him. He's better than Goretzka, Kimmich is bound to get a ToTY and Boateng isn't worth sinking 100k of coins into.

That does however mean that it may be the end for Lenglet and Rico, which I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear. :D

Danny
10-01-2018, 04:10 AM
:D you know it.

Still haven’t finished Shearer but it will cost me about 30k more to do so and I’ll still be over 1m in the bank. I feel like I did it for buttons as the coins were still always going up but I know it wasn’t the case.

Thinking of revamping the side to pair him with Van Basten.

Yevrah
10-01-2018, 12:43 PM
So after last night's business this is the current team:

https://s10.postimg.org/c5umooi9l/New_2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Sold IF Goretzka, TotGS Kimmich, Boateng, IF Rooney and SIF Lozano, so the coins are now at 6.6m. Good bit of business I think as I doubt I'll notice much of a drop in quality (if any) between the new Serie A trio and the old Bundesliga one.

In terms of next steps, I need to get an Icon in at right forward (which will get Hamsik on max chemistry), which I'm 99% sure will be one of 90 Henry, 90 Gullit or 91 Ronaldinho, but want to wait until TotY as I'm pretty sure they'll drop in price a bit between now and when it's released next week. Which one of those three would you gents go for in that position? I'm veering towards Ronaldinho myself and I have the flexibility to start him in midfield to maximise his chem if I do that.

83 and 84's are dropping in price, so I'll be stocking back up on those over the next day or so and I'm tempted to go very deep in Shadow and Hunter cards if their prices drop below 3.5k when the promo packs are out, which they might not due to not being rare cards.

EDIT: Shit, I didn't actually sell TotY Kimmich, he's still on my trade pile. :chief:

Yevrah
10-01-2018, 12:51 PM
I've just been totally screwed by the sticky/broken d-pad movement and listed IF Alessandrini for min bid. I didn't even necessarily want to sell him. :moop:

SincereTheRebel
10-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Yevrah I need to test out that IF Naldo. Wouldn't mind swapping him with my IF Ginter. Is IF Naldo slow?

Yevrah
10-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Seems fine so far Sincere, but only a couple of games in.

Danny
10-01-2018, 04:38 PM
https://www.futwiz.com/en/compare/37424_18-37298_18

Looks like he would be slower all round with accelleration being the only positive for him

The Merse
10-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Acceleration outstrips pace in significance for CBs for me anyway.

The Merse
11-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Got the fucker last night. :drool:

He’d better be worth it.

SincereTheRebel
11-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Lewandoski being average has turned me away from gameplay for the moment. Im on this trading vibe now. Im not fucking with gameplay for now. Managed to pick up a SIF Dost for 26k and then sell 10 minutes later for 30k.

Yevrah
11-01-2018, 06:14 PM
I'm selling up everything I can/want to (leaving Budesliga, Premier League and La Liga players in the club for their respective league SBC's) ahead of the weekend, when depending on prices I might invest heavily in 83 and 84's. If prices aren't low enough to be worthwhile I will wait until the toty promos come into play as I'm pretty sure any 83 and 84 required SBC won't launch when the first TOTY players do, it'll be after, so that should generate a further drop.

In terms of players for the team I've started looking seriously at IF Neymar - stick any attacking card on him and he looks absolutely ridiculous. Might bin off Kante for Allan (who I kept) to accommodate him.

The Merse
11-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Picked up IF Wass in my WL rewards. Shame he’s been position changed, the card is pretty nice. Either way, nice to recover from the Henry SBC with about 80k of rewards. I’ll be turning my attention to investing for SBCs again shortly.

Danny
11-01-2018, 10:12 PM
I'm selling up everything I can/want to (leaving Budesliga, Premier League and La Liga players in the club for their respective league SBC's) ahead of the weekend, when depending on prices I might invest heavily in 83 and 84's. If prices aren't low enough to be worthwhile I will wait until the toty promos come into play as I'm pretty sure any 83 and 84 required SBC won't launch when the first TOTY players do, it'll be after, so that should generate a further drop.

In terms of players for the team I've started looking seriously at IF Neymar - stick any attacking card on him and he looks absolutely ridiculous. Might bin off Kante for Allan (who I kept) to accommodate him.

The the IF Allan? He looks a monster.

I really want to try that IF Sessegnon

Danny
11-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Nabbed him for 14k with an Anchor on him. Going to try him coming on for Blind early on. He just looks fun.

Danny
11-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Start like this

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2954237

Go to this:

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/2975184

Yevrah
12-01-2018, 12:17 AM
The the IF Allan? He looks a monster.

Yep, I packed him from some set of rewards and decided to keep him. I've used him off chem and he was ok, but his stats suggest he should be obscene. I do love Kante though, but bringing Neymar in would make it worth doing the last Ligue 1 SBC I have left (that God awful Lille one) so I could try out Cavani on full chem too.

Yevrah
12-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Start like this

Go to this:

Shearer and van Basten. :D

What's the latter like?

Danny
12-01-2018, 12:22 AM
I haven’t done it yet (in fact I haven’t played a game this week) but I think I am going to. People on Reddit seem to suggest he finishes everything.

Yevrah
12-01-2018, 12:39 AM
My bloody internet is down again. FFS.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-01-2018, 12:54 AM
I've seen people on Reddit say that Van Basten has the most powerful shots in the game.

SincereTheRebel
12-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Kane winning POTM sneaked up. I was watching IF alli last night and could have bought him for 180k. Looks like he is need for Kane POTM

Danny
12-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Big money on him and Alli if you have them

SincereTheRebel
12-01-2018, 04:22 PM
You can use the Journey version of Williams if he plays for Tottenham to get the POTM Kane. Can be quick completely in about 6 hours. If you can get a save file from someone online who is half way through, would that work or are save files unique?

SincereTheRebel
12-01-2018, 04:57 PM
You can use the Journey version of Williams if he plays for Tottenham to get the POTM Kane. Can be quick completely in about 6 hours. If you can get a save file from someone online who is half way through, would that work or are save files unique?

Its been patched. They have added a minimum team rating. They have fucked up quite a lot with these SBCs

Danny
12-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Damn that’s hilarious you could do that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
12-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Shit, I think I might still have my Williams and Hunter. Shame it's dead.

Danny
12-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Had to be Spurs, shame I never tried journey this year.

Also a shame that they will patch that so quick but ignore all the other things....

The Merse
12-01-2018, 06:27 PM
I did get incredible pack luck to be fair.

Since then I’ve had an icon and a load of 86+ including Hazard so I’m now less offended.

My teams include Prime Henry, IF Sanchez, Pogba and IF Mbappe as a result.

Gonna need to take POTM Kane. Looks like 60k for a 91 rated POTM. Worth a go.

The Merse
12-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Or maybe not. Seemed too good to be true and drunkenly bought a NIF Kane while tout for beers only to realise it’s an IF required. Fuck that.

The Merse
12-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Although...

IF Alli has doubled in price as he’s usable. Time for me to cash in to the tune of 350k and re-buy all the Bundesliga players I need.

Edit- instasold for 350k. Only paid 180k and can easily put IF Mooy back into that position along with IF Fernandinho (who I previously had as defensive minded CM, which Mooy took up after I bought Alli and sold Fernandinho) for 180k, which I’d already been considering as Alli has been only as good as Mooy was as an attack minded CM.

Ideal way to recover from the Henry outlay.

SincereTheRebel
13-01-2018, 06:28 AM
I bought 20 IF Nkoulou af 12500. 82 rated serie A defender. Seems cheap and i exspect to sell at 15000+ once he is out of packs.

Yevrah
13-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Pulled an 82 IF from a two player gold pack daily reward. Pretty spesh that.

Also just bought IF Neymar for 930k. Only played one game with him, but first impressions are that he's basically a cheat player. I only had him on 7 chemistry as well.

Yevrah
13-01-2018, 05:42 PM

As soon as I saw the way that SBC was set up my first thought was that I bet there's a way to frig it.

The Merse
13-01-2018, 09:32 PM

As soon as I saw the way that SBC was set up my first thought was that I bet there's a way to frig it.

You could use Hunter for the Delle Alli POTM last season, albeit only for a matter of about a day before it was patched out.

Edit - and they have already by adding the team rating requirement.

SincereTheRebel
13-01-2018, 09:49 PM
They can patch that after a few hours. Yet its 2018 and the shirt numbers of my players are still changing game after game.

Yevrah
13-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Shirt numbers changing and the d pad delay are absolutely inexcusable.

Sir Andy Mahowry
13-01-2018, 11:04 PM
I fucking hate the numbers.

I'm genuinely seething that De Gea has the number 7 shirt.

The Merse
14-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Configuration change vs code change. They’re vastly different and bring entirely different risks.

Yevrah
14-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Of course, but every game I've played for the last 30 years has managed to be competent at worst in d pad movement, until this one....

How's Henry?

The Merse
14-01-2018, 02:41 AM
Haven’t been able to play with him as I only had enough time to play 20 WL matches last weekend so only made it to Silver 1 and spent so much time selling players I didn’t play the DKT at all. Hence, no weekend league this week for me. Which, as I can’t get a P2P game now due to router, means I can’t actually play until the DKT open up tomorrow.

SincereTheRebel
14-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Configuration change vs code change. They’re vastly different and bring entirely different risks.

Dont make excuses for them. Its unacceptable.

SincereTheRebel
14-01-2018, 08:56 AM
There was a section on FUTBIN that shows the most profitable SBC. I cant find it. Assistance required.

Baz
14-01-2018, 11:09 AM
There was a section on FUTBIN that shows the most profitable SBC. I cant find it. Assistance required.From Reddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o-7lReq3Om539fhRJF710f8G50Eq0R3a5m65EA0TbIc/edit

http://futtradinghelper.com/en/sbc-checker

Second one seemed easier to navigate.

Raoul Duke
14-01-2018, 11:32 AM
I don't know if it's something they've done in a recent patch or if I'm just noticing it now, but every time I have a corner and then my opponent breaks, my fullbacks and wingers end up inverted for ages (usually until a break in play where I guess it resets positions).

I only play career mode, so it's not that big a problem, but I swear it's a recent thing.

Yevrah
14-01-2018, 11:42 AM
That's been happening for me for a while, but it might depend on who takes your set pieces.

SincereTheRebel
14-01-2018, 12:52 PM
Thats a feature i like. Cover the positions. Im still trying to figure out how to select who takes throw-ins. Basic shit. It should be set in the set piece instructions.

Raoul Duke
14-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Thats a feature i like. Cover the positions. Im still trying to figure out how to select who takes throw-ins. Basic shit. It should be set in the set piece instructions.

It'd be awesome if you could specify who goes up for corners. I'm fed up of my midget fullbacks standing on the penalty spot whilst my gigantic CB twiddles his thumbs on the halfway line.

SincereTheRebel
14-01-2018, 07:58 PM
It'd be awesome if you could specify who goes up for corners. I'm fed up of my midget fullbacks standing on the penalty spot whilst my gigantic CB twiddles his thumbs on the halfway line.

Its just basic stuff the game is missing. For me, there shoukd be FM levels of stats in the game. Not just appearenes, goals and assists. . Cant even see how many clean sheets my GK has ever had. Just basics.

SincereTheRebel
14-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Making investments, i went ahead and bought 50+ hearts and hiberian players for possible MM. You can get berra who is the highest rated silver rare hearts player (i think) for 400 coins right now. Im going to sell before MM at 6pm tuesday. Looking for triple coins

Yevrah
14-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Only played to Elite 2 in squad battles this week and enjoyed it much more than the usual 40+ game slog. Think it took around 20-25 games instead and felt much less like a part time job and something I wanted to do.

Yevrah
14-01-2018, 11:25 PM
https://s18.postimg.org/4zxpua0d5/image.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Team at the moment.

Anderson's only in there for chemistry reasons until I bite the bullet on another icon, but he's not dreadful (4 goals and 4 assists in 9 games). Neymar is great (20 goals in 15 games) and Cavani (11 in 9) is surprisingly mobile.

Florenzi is the best right back I've used so far (even better than SIF Kimmich, when played at right back) and the Hamsik card is lovely to use.

John
15-01-2018, 12:55 AM
SIF Son is absolutely bonkers. Forty games gone and he's basically running at two goals a game. His finishing is absolutely flawless.

Danny
15-01-2018, 03:57 AM
Who are you looking at Yev?

Edit: IF Dybala might be a solid option.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Ronaldo, Kane and Messi are TOTY attackers.

He was always going to be in there but Ronaldo doesn't really deserve it this year.

SincereTheRebel
15-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Kane getting in is nice. I agree ronaldo shouldnt be there but he is on the front cover.

Sir Andy Mahowry
15-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Plus it was largely a popular vote.

He could shit on the pitch every game whilst smoking a fag and still get into the TOTY.

SincereTheRebel
15-01-2018, 06:13 PM
I do like how EA have intergrated real life players into the game with the promotion videos.

Yevrah
15-01-2018, 08:07 PM
How much are the three going for and have 83's and 84's gone through the floor in value yet?

Danny
15-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Messi = 3.8m and 3.6m
Ronaldo = 5.4m and 5.8m
Kane = 1.6m and 1.6m

Prices from FUTWIZ and are xbox then PS4.

I havent checked too many of them but I packed Benatia earlier and he is down to the mid 3's. Matic is down to the mid 1's

Might have to pick up a few of those.

Yevrah
15-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Just spent the last hour sniping 83's and 84's. Spent 160k so far, which I should double if and when the TOTW SBC comes.

That Kane card looks beastly.

Danny
16-01-2018, 12:40 AM
I only have about a half of my coins liquid as I bought something like 25 of my usual investment today. Might pick up a few though.

Today was odd. Someone (EA? do they even inject cards?) chucked about 40 (certainly more than 30 as I bid on 30 and had to keep coming back when my max got met as my watchlist was full) of a card that hasn't been in packs for months on the market. All set to sell within seconds of each other and all started out a min bid, max price.

The price has dropped around 7/8k in the last month so if someone was hoarding to sell they have missed their chance.

Yevrah
16-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Did a bit of business.

Sold IF Naldo and brought in IF Koulibaly, brought Boateng back and finally pushed the button on Henry for 1.4m.

Sir Andy Mahowry
16-01-2018, 04:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA77Wul3J5I

Oh my :drool:

Danny
16-01-2018, 05:13 PM
If you have any of the Leipzig version of Compper in your club his price has skyrocketed.

Someone posted about him on Reddit a while back and I bought like 10 of him for like 8k. Just kept relisting at 4/5k and half of them have sold today.

He is, iirc, one of only two gold centre backs they have but he moved to Celtic in the window so is no longer in packs. When the SBC drops he could be worth a chunk more.

SincereTheRebel
16-01-2018, 09:41 PM
If you have any of the Leipzig version of Compper in your club his price has skyrocketed.

Someone posted about him on Reddit a while back and I bought like 10 of him for like 8k. Just kept relisting at 4/5k and half of them have sold today.

He is, iirc, one of only two gold centre backs they have but he moved to Celtic in the window so is no longer in packs. When the SBC drops he could be worth a chunk more.

I also read this. I bought a few of him and forgot about him. I'm going to check him out now
Edit: Looks like I have 18. He isn't selling for that much now on PS4 but still nice coins.

SincereTheRebel
16-01-2018, 09:42 PM
I seem to remember some of you saving packs for TOTY. Anyone pull anything?

Danny
16-01-2018, 10:01 PM
I also read this. I bought a few of him and forgot about him. I'm going to check him out now
Edit: Looks like I have 18. He isn't selling for that much now on PS4 but still nice coins.

It will rise again, especially around Bundesliga SBC hype

Yevrah
16-01-2018, 10:23 PM
I seem to remember some of you saving packs for TOTY. Anyone pull anything?

I sacked mine off as there's no chance.

SincereTheRebel
16-01-2018, 10:25 PM

Surprised I bought so many. I though only bought about 4 on opening bid.

The Merse
16-01-2018, 11:11 PM

Doubt it - I thought that with many of the sole golds, but firstly, there is also Orban and a decent silver, and secondly the team rating requirements are a piece of piss this year.

Yevrah Henry is great. 8 goals and 5 assists in 8 games. Not much for some, but I score a lot from midfield and across the front three, with the wider men generally scoring a little more and the striker assisting more, and all these games are in the Daily Knockout tournament. Assume that's the young Henry you've got?

His strength is great, a real upgrade on anyone else I've had up front. Nothing needs saying in terms of pace and finishing obviously, and he just seems to constantly get the better of the opposition and does everything perfectly - passing, crossing, even recovering the ball.

Might need to put him in both my teams and just fitness card him. Either that or, I am considering cutting down to only one squad for the first time in years, what with squad fitness being so cheap this year. I'll see what coins are to be made, since 3 of my starters are untradeables, and likely make a decision over the weekend.

Also - got James Rodriguez from MM's and David Silva from the TOTY Nominee SBC :drool:

The club is building back up again.

John
16-01-2018, 11:55 PM
TOTY Kane looks fucking obscene. The only thing stopping his normal card from being a monster is pace, and that one makes landing him on 99 pace a possibility. 1.6m is buttons for that player.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Yep. He was going for as low as 1.1m yesterday.

I've got 90 Henry (the middle one) Merse and he's great, but I'm trying to pull back from playing this game quite so much, so might sell up (particularly the 83s and 84s when the new TOTW lands tomorrow) and go back in a month or so with a completely new team.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 12:04 AM
And part of the above is motivated by wanting to have more fun with the game - when you're in a 50+ game a week slog to get the best team possible for you it's hard to do that.

For example, Shearer was my favourite player as a kid, so why haven't I bought him? It's because I know he's not meta (vomit), but that really shouldn't be what matters.

The Merse
17-01-2018, 12:14 AM
And part of the above is motivated by wanting to have more fun with the game - when you're in a 50+ game a week slog to get the best team possible for you it's hard to do that.

For example, Shearer was my favourite player as a kid, so why haven't I bought him? It's because I know he's not meta (vomit), but that really shouldn't be what matters.

I've enjoyed having a fortnight or so off, following a quiet spell over Xmas actually, so I get the motivation.

It was also a big part of going after Henry. Ok, he's as Meta as anyone, but had I been thinking just in terms of economy and maximum value across my teams, I'd likely have waited for TOTY and picked up Kane, [ John yes, he looks monstrous with a hunter, and now I kinda want him] but I made prime Henry my aim for this game for the reason that he's my favourite player of all time and it would be fun having a long running, hard to achieve aim. Now, I'm back to aiming to complete the other three major league SBC's as soon as they come out, as I like it and the packs are fun. But, I'm over the full WL slog. I may complete 40 games some weekends, but I've definitely got past the feeling of needing to complete them all.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Listed up all of the big hitters for the next 6 hours at reasonable overnight prices. Basically I'm left with the untradeables I have and TotGS Ben Yedder, who I couldn't bring myself to sell, plus a load of <83's (Dembele, Martial etc).

The other 83s and 84s (I have shitloads) will be fired into the market tomorrow night, which will take me to well in excess of 7m coins. I've got another account which I'm going to bronze pack method over the next couple of weeks and if I'm having more fun with that than I was on this one I might just risk the banning and flog the coins to one of those websites.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 12:55 AM
I sacked mine off as there's no chance.

And as if to prove that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4luMdjVhE8

The first 8 minutes of that suggest that they fuck with the regular pack rates for these events, let alone the TOTY cards.

Danny
17-01-2018, 01:05 AM

He wasnt my favourite but of the icon options he was the one, thats why I did him. However I am going on 10 days without even bringing myself to open the game.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Already having more fun on the new game than in the previous one for a while. Just packed Ribery from a two player reward pack as part of my started objectives. He's untradeable, but it's an interesting player (who isn't meta) that I'd never have used otherwise.

Raoul Duke
17-01-2018, 07:47 AM
WTF is "meta"?

SincereTheRebel
17-01-2018, 09:36 AM
WTF is "meta"?

I think it means being the best. God-Like. The 1% when using the word in FIFA.

The Merse
17-01-2018, 11:08 AM
And as if to prove that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4luMdjVhE8

The first 8 minutes of that suggest that they fuck with the regular pack rates for these events, let alone the TOTY cards.

I dunno. Those packs are never great anyway and I pulled a Hamez walkout and a TOTW from my MMs this week. I think the weights remain the same or are dynamic based on market values and doubt they fuck with them manually.

The Merse
17-01-2018, 11:15 AM
WTF is "meta"?

I think it means being the best. God-Like. The 1% when using the word in FIFA.

Nope.

Meta is a big term in videogaming and tabletop/card gaming etc. It’s used where there is more than one playstyle available, hence it’s been around for many years in tabletop and card games but only the lasts decade of sophisticated multiplayer in video games.

The Meta represents the current strongest or most adopted playstyle/strategy employed by players. The best games actively change this up. At least on PC and tabletop/cards where the player base is dedicated and sticks with the games for a long time this is generally seen as essential to the game remaining competitive and keeping strategy relevant (as if the strategy element is important then everyone adopting the same meta strategy leads to a stale scene).

In consoles, this is often complained about - look at the tonnes of users bemoaning the nerfs in patches for FIFA or COD.

Anyway, the Meta for Fifa this year is the 4121 or 4321 formations, low pressure counter attacking with three quick and agile attackers, with Bakayoko at CDM etc etc.

Shearer isn’t Meta (as Yev first mentioned) because he’s not quick or agile enough.

Danny
17-01-2018, 11:40 AM
“In games, the "meta" is referring to what are the strongest strategies currently. For example, in League of Legends the "meta" is a phrase that means whatever champions are strongest at the moment. This can fluctuate because of patches that change balance and just because champions that are counters to the strongest then become strong themselves”

Stolen from Reddit

Raoul Duke
17-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Ah ok, got it. Like "Stealth Archer/Sniper" in Bethesda games or something. Interesting.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Most Effective Tactic Available.

It's a vomit inducing phrase, but it sort of makes sense.

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Thinking of bringing in either Baby Gullit or Prime Petit.

Smart answer is Petit but Gullit is tempting.

Edit: Bought Petit.

Danny
17-01-2018, 03:24 PM
IF Martial and Valencia incoming (apparently)

Sir Andy Mahowry
17-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Not sure where you're getting that from:

Danny
17-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Was lot of posts going around on /R/FiFA figures it would be too good to be true.

Quite a large chunk were right. More Sonaldo!

The Merse
17-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Oh ffs. I can’t stand playing against Son. Loved his POTM card early doors last year, mind. POTM Sane feels very similar.

Yevrah
17-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Annoyed I sold my PtG Ox card. I only bought it because I thought Klopp would do something with him and he has.

Not a TOTW that will encourage too many people to pile into the SBC I don't think though, which is annoying from an investment perspective.

Oh and sold almost everyone of the above on the main account overnight, for reasonable fees as well, so hopefully the Icons continue to plummet in value.

John
17-01-2018, 07:32 PM
86 Son is mad enough, I might not bother getting the 87.

SincereTheRebel
17-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Just spotted this austrian CB Hinteregger in the TOTW. Looks like a perfect CDM for me. He has a high attacking and medium defensive work rate. As a CDM, you must have a high defensive and medium attacking work rate for it to work.

John
17-01-2018, 08:36 PM
Callum Wilson from the latest TOTW looks properly good too. Hawk card on him and he's Henry in his prime.

Danny
18-01-2018, 02:10 PM
The lad who has been very good about icon leaks reckons there will be 4 today.

He also said the leak is out.... if its this :drool:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7r9086/from_twitter_todoultimateteam_reliable/

Danny
18-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Now to decide if picking up a central icon makes sense....

Bought Laudrup and Hagi for 470k each :eyemouth:

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-01-2018, 06:31 PM
I've done Van Basten and Yashin's (the fucking cap :cool:) loan versions and will do Ronaldinho's and Matthaus later.

Yevrah
18-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Ok, not only has that Ronaldinho got me back interested, it's getting done. :drool:

Yevrah
18-01-2018, 06:41 PM
But I might do the loan first....

Stick a Hawk on him and oh my word.

Yevrah
18-01-2018, 06:51 PM
John, the cap version is here and only 600k. :D

You on it?

Danny
18-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Icons right :cool:
Investments :uhoh:

Yevrah
18-01-2018, 07:08 PM
I dunno. Those packs are never great anyway and I pulled a Hamez walkout and a TOTW from my MMs this week. I think the weights remain the same or are dynamic based on market values and doubt they fuck with them manually.

I think they manipulate the fuck out of it. It's obviously very hard/impossible to prove, but why wouldn't they do that when it'd clearly increase the revenue the game makes?

They don't have to publish any weights ever either, so they're accountable to no-one as result of any manipulation they employ.

Sir Andy Mahowry
18-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Decided to try a draft and got 90 Gullit, 94 Neymar and 99 Ronaldo.

The rest of the team are shit but those 3 up top in a 4-1-2-1-2 :drool:

Raoul Duke
18-01-2018, 10:15 PM
I think they manipulate the fuck out of it. It's obviously very hard/impossible to prove, but why wouldn't they do that when it'd clearly increase the revenue the game makes?

They don't have to publish any weights ever either, so they're accountable to no-one as result of any manipulation they employ.

I tried looking for it but couldn't find an article from some data science team at EA who published research papers on how they fiddle with loads of variables around matchmaking in order to increase stickiness of people playing.

I'd be astonished if there isn't some heavy machine learning/AI kinda stuff in pack weighting/rewards/market availability etc.

Danny
18-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Start like this

Go to this:

I did the Prime Van Basten Loan and the Ronaldinho loan. I dont have KDB yet so I am going to mess around in Squad Battles with the above. We are going to get bummed in midfield but likely score a ton :drool:

edit: scratch that I have a 7 game loan for Desailly. Hes going in for Eriksen.

Yevrah
18-01-2018, 10:57 PM
I tried looking for it but couldn't find an article from some data science team at EA who published research papers on how they fiddle with loads of variables around matchmaking in order to increase stickiness of people playing.

I'd be astonished if there isn't some heavy machine learning/AI kinda stuff in pack weighting/rewards/market availability etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c26GWc9qTkA

Nepenthez's video above on the great pack swindle subject is great. £800 during TOTY and he's essentially pulled fuck all.

Danny
18-01-2018, 11:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxs-2QvLXQw

His first shot :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2018, 12:02 AM
I've read a lot on Reddit about him having the most powerful shots in the game.

Can't wait to try his loan out.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2018, 12:40 AM
First game in and I love them all (although Yashin didn't have to do anything other than model his flat cap), Van Basten is a ludicrous finisher and a monster in the air, Lothar can do anything and Ronaldinho is probably the perfect CAM, he feels like a player you made up with all the right stats.

Danny
19-01-2018, 01:34 AM
I didnt do Lothar or Yashin. I am going to do the former but not that bothered about the latter.

Ronaldinho was fun but I dont think I have seen the best of him yet. Some good runs and banging one off the post aside, I think there is more to come from him.

Van Basten will be a must.

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2018, 03:27 PM
4 games into the loans and I feel like Van Basten is probably the best.

Yashin is fairly mediocre, I prefer De Gea as he has the saves with feet trait which really is the best for a keeper. Matthaus and Ronaldinho are the best of the four but I just don't think they're worth the money needed for them.

I've been using Van Basten on Hawk but he feels a little too slow but at the same time a hunter card seems like it would be a bit pointless as his finishing stats are borderline perfect.

Yevrah
19-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Yeah, on the 2.7m for Ronaldinho, that's come to put me off. Were he tradeable then fine, but as he isn't it's not worth it.

Think the only one I'd sink that much into would be Ronaldo and he'll probably cost about 4m, won't be out until May and not be worth it anyway as a result.

SincereTheRebel
19-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Jumped back into squad battles and I'm now at 500 victories. Only play on legendary now. Lewandoski just does not play good for me, however looking at his stats, it says otherwise.

84 games
81 goals
26 asssits

L.Goretzka in any position is a beast. I've never really seen him play a standout game in real life and I understand this is just a game. I want to see him play in real life. Ive got a reminder in my phone to checkout the next Schalke game. I'm now playing a 4231 with Vidal in one of the CDM positions. So many interceptions from this position. It is a little more solid than the 41212(2) with the two CDM. Again, I say it every update. Josuha Guilavogui with a power card is perfect for me. Never goes forward. So strong in the tackle. I want to test out the IF Rodriquez and also try the IF versions of Goretzka, Tolisso, etc. He looks good. I've dropped IF Kruse as he is a little to slow to play as a wide CAM. Bellarabi and Griezmann off the bench are devastating. So much pace to exploit the AI defensive out wide.

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/3182457

SincereTheRebel
19-01-2018, 06:17 PM
FUTBIN import is annoying when silvers and bronze 2nd L.BIN prices are wrong. However, i had Lombardi from Benevento. 10k buy it now within 20 seconds of listing. Man is extinct.

Yevrah
19-01-2018, 07:16 PM
His max price will surely get bumped up soon. Are there any bronzes already over 10k?

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2018, 10:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H45btW7.jpg

Pissing hell.

Danny
19-01-2018, 10:28 PM
You bastard

Sir Andy Mahowry
19-01-2018, 10:38 PM
https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/929472

Not sure what to do when he sells though.

Wouldn't mind trying the TOTY Kante but I can't drop any of the midfielders. RW would be ideal but there's no one really who would work at CAM or CM.

Probably just upgrade Vieira to his prime, maybe Prime Carlos and upgrade Maldini to his middle. I'd also get TOTY De Gea too just because.

I might be able to just scrape enough for that actually, after selling the current spots.

Edit: I could actually just go to 4-1-2-1-2(2) permanently. Get rid of Martial and Mbappe and bring in Prime Van Basten and TOTY De Bruyne/Kante.

Yevrah
19-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Mahow. :cool:

Surely the best pull ever on here.

John
20-01-2018, 02:34 AM
Comfortably.

I think Merse got a Ronaldo from his third pack or something last year, and I vividly remember Sama punting his whole team and blasting the 800k or so coins on packs, getting absolutely fuck all, and then pulling a TOTY Thiago Silva in the very last one. Those are the only two that come close.

Danny
20-01-2018, 03:52 AM
http://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showthread.php?1198-FIFA-17-sponsored-by-Visa-MasterCard-McDonalds-etc&p=135579&viewfull=1#post135579

SincereTheRebel
20-01-2018, 04:12 AM
Told you. He is an agent.

Sir Andy Mahowry
20-01-2018, 12:02 PM

I think that's what I've decided on now. With KDB and Pogba swapping in game.

Wont make any of the changes yet as I still have like 15 games on my loan icons this week.

Edit: Forgot about TOTY Kane, I might bring him in instead of Van Basten actually.

SincereTheRebel
20-01-2018, 04:52 PM
Bundesliga

Borussia M.Gladbach 2 : 0 Augsburg

Matthias Ginter 1 goal and 1 assist from the center of defense :cool:

He already has two IF. Will there be a third or is there some other magic card he may get?

John
20-01-2018, 05:21 PM
He'll get a third IF, if anything.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-01-2018, 01:48 AM
https://i.imgur.com/tlV7BsF.gif

Amazing.

Danny
21-01-2018, 01:55 AM
He'll get a third IF, if anything.

Yep, simple TIF. Like Son.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-01-2018, 11:44 AM

Decided on that. Sucks that Kane will only ever get to 8 chem but he still looks bonkers.

4m or so in the bank right now and I've just stuck Azpi, Maldini and Mbappe up.

Will be a bit short based on Futbin prices but I'm hoping Kane and KDB will go down a bit tomorrow and I might do Carlos's SBC or bring in Blanc's CB card instead.

Yevrah
21-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Reading all of the threads on Reddit and looking at some Youtuber pack openings there's absolutely no doubt in mind that EA have fucked with the pack weights of all cards worth anything dramatically.

Which is interesting to me as it now appears that not only are players pulled down to pack luck, but that luck can vary significantly depending on when you're opening them. There are also stories about EA directly injecting players into the market.

It's shady, shady, shit.

Yevrah
21-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Oh and Slightly unrelated but still on the subject of pack weights, it took Castro (some Youtube tosser) 700,000 FIFA Points to pack TOTY Ronaldo. Seven Hundred Thousand. That's the best part of five grand.

And actually, looking at that video from ChrisMD few pages back, Castro probably got lucky in doing that.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Fucking hell, did he at least get some decent shit from that?

700k is mental.

SincereTheRebel
21-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Dont act like you are unaware Agent. You are part of the problem. You on the EA payroll.

Danny
21-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Reading all of the threads on Reddit and looking at some Youtuber pack openings there's absolutely no doubt in mind that EA have fucked with the pack weights of all cards worth anything dramatically.

Which is interesting to me as it now appears that not only are players pulled down to pack luck, but that luck can vary significantly depending on when you're opening them. There are also stories about EA directly injecting players into the market.

It's shady, shady, shit.

I think I posted it here but I swear 100% I saw EA do that with a scream card I invest in. 35 or so just popping up on the market at min list max bin for no reason.

Danny
21-01-2018, 03:59 PM

Decided on that. Sucks that Kane will only ever get to 8 chem but he still looks bonkers.

4m or so in the bank right now and I've just stuck Azpi, Maldini and Mbappe up.

Will be a bit short based on Futbin prices but I'm hoping Kane and KDB will go down a bit tomorrow and I might do Carlos's SBC or bring in Blanc's CB card instead.

Ok, so this will be a pain in the arse but

Ddg
Kimmich, Ferdinand, Maldini, Carlos
Ben Yedder
Petit, Vieira
Pogba
Kane, KDB

Should see them all on full chem.

SincereTheRebel
21-01-2018, 04:10 PM

Ddg
Ben Yedder
Petit, Vieira
Pogba
Kane, KDB

Is it worth having your team on 100 chem and individually on 10 chem each and then swaping formation, players in game? That sounds like a massive ball ache.

Danny
21-01-2018, 04:14 PM
I would say its worth it. For Mahow there it wouldnt be a formation change just flipping a couple of players around. I more meant pain in the arse buying all the position changes. Assuming he doesnt have most of them in his club.

If you play squad battles its about 10 seconds worth of clicks, especially once you have done it a few times.

Baz
21-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Any of you lot want a FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Rare Icon Packs voucher?

Danny
21-01-2018, 04:47 PM
PS4? I would be interested but not sure if would work as I think I bought the icon edition.

Yevrah
21-01-2018, 05:55 PM
I think I posted it here but I swear 100% I saw EA do that with a scream card I invest in. 35 or so just popping up on the market at min list max bin for no reason.

Yep, I guess we'd notice the standard and rare gold cards less, but the examples I saw were all for Special players, some of which had been extinct for weeks.

Sir Andy Mahowry
21-01-2018, 08:06 PM

Ddg
Ben Yedder
Petit, Vieira
Pogba
Kane, KDB

Cheers.

Would have to buy some position changes as I sold a load the other week but I'll do it.

I was hoping I'd buy them now but Kane has jumped up by 200k.

SincereTheRebel
21-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Any of you lot want a FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Rare Icon Packs voucher?

You get an icon tradable?

Danny
21-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Nah

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/what-is-the-fifa-18-ronaldo-edition-and-icon-edition-6954354/

SincereTheRebel
21-01-2018, 10:46 PM
I've gone past the 90k for the first time in SB. 90619 points in total this week. I've got a 14k gap with 2 hours left. It should be enough for elite 1. This new formation and tactic works great. The two CDM have really changed the game for me with the tactics and player instructions ive used. Keeping position is the key. I usually pass between both CDM until there is an opening. Patience is the key.

https://i.imgur.com/F9fE6Qx.png

Tactics

60 - Speed
50 - Passing
Organised

90 - Passing
40 - Crossing
65 - Shooting
Organised

50 - Pressure
50 - Agression
45 - Team Width
Offside trap

Player instructions

LB - Stay back while attacking
RB - Stay back while attacking
CB - Stay back while attacking
CDM - Cut passing lanes, Stay back while attacking
Wide CAM - Stay forward
ST - Stay central, Get in behind, Press back line

Baz
22-01-2018, 08:09 AM
PS4? I would be interested but not sure if would work as I think I bought the icon edition.Sorry I missed out on it.

SincereTheRebel
22-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Part of the 1% in SB for the first time :cool:

During the TOTY, from about 15 packs that I won during the week. The best pull was from my last pack which was an SIF 84 rated Wilson currently going for about 60k. Looks like a nice card.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-01-2018, 05:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qJED2cU.jpg

:drool:

Had to pay a little more than I'd have liked which means no Maldini but I'm happy.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-01-2018, 05:52 PM
ffs, EA gave 'Arry Kane the number 1 shirt.

I really need to fix that.

5-3 win against Glik's team on Legendary after extra time. Kane and KDB have mental long shots, I didn't score one from outside the box but I hit the woodwork a few times. With Catalyst, Kane is pretty much perfect too. I'm annoyed that I conceded 3 but it happened because of EA spazzed out when I was defending with button lag.

Danny
22-01-2018, 06:34 PM
That team is just filth.

Sir Andy Mahowry
22-01-2018, 06:49 PM
I'm surprised by how good Carlos is as well.

I knew he'd be an upgrade but he's brilliant. I've already scored a few with him including a header at a corner somehow.

He just shuts things down on his side and then starts galloping up the sideline.

Yevrah
23-01-2018, 12:44 AM
Carlos is indeed brilliant. He has something like 25 goals in 50-odd games for me, obviously from left back.

I've invested 6m of my coins on the main account. Buying TOTY Kane, Kante, Marcelo and Modric. They all seem to have gone up in price, so happy days.

My shitty account is up to 104,000 coins and I'm enjoying it much more. Interestingly (having barely played) I finished Gold 3 on that account and packed a discard IF and Carrasco in my rewards, which is more than I've packed from any of my Elite 1 or 2 finishes on the other account. It's almost as if EA know my club isn't stacked....

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-01-2018, 02:17 PM
6 goals in 9 games for Carlos with 3 of them being headers from corners. I know he's a midget but you expect someone to try and mark him.

Trancemeister
23-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Packed Modric from the Sheffield Wednesday SBC. Sadly not TOTY.

SincereTheRebel
23-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Packed Modric from the Sheffield Wednesday SBC. Sadly not TOTY.

If he was still in TOTY packs, it would have been a TOTY version?

Sir Andy Mahowry
23-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Yes.

When a special card of a player is in packs you can't get their normal versions (or previous specials).

Trancemeister
24-01-2018, 08:34 PM
I bet Kessie is in like 90% of all the TOTW packs one would've had saved for this week. Ofcourse I pulled the only 81 rated player in the team.