PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

Foe
01-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Packers have an extra first rounder and some cap space in 2019.

Bills would make a lot of sense though. They've got a tough defence, there's future franchise qb who likes to bomb it. They might want to replace their retiring DT though, and there's load of really solid options available at that end of the draft board.

I don't think the steelers will let him walk. They've lost leveon, Bryant and then brown? That would be really leaning on Conner and juju. Depends if Big Ben decides to give it up I suppose. If he does, they're in rebuild anyway unless mason rudolph is a silent superstar.

Foe
01-01-2019, 08:46 PM
UCF are in danger of losing their streak too. About to be down 14 with 20 minutes left.

Foe
01-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Thirteen even but a muffed lsu punt reception opens it up again.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Packers need 3 linemen, a tight end, 2 outside linebackers, and a pair of safeties in a massive way before they even think about anything else. I'd be happy enough with Valdez Scantling and St.Brown with another year under them being 2 and 3 after Adams and fill other holes anyway.

Dan
01-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Packers have an extra first rounder and some cap space in 2019.

Bills would make a lot of sense though. They've got a tough defence, there's future franchise qb who likes to bomb it. They might want to replace their retiring DT though, and there's load of really solid options available at that end of the draft board.

I don't think the steelers will let him walk. They've lost leveon, Bryant and then brown? That would be really leaning on Conner and juju. Depends if Big Ben decides to give it up I suppose. If he does, they're in rebuild anyway unless mason rudolph is a silent superstar.

Sounds like he didn't actually request a trade, so most of this is probably irrelevant, but if I was the Jets I'd be trying to get them both. Ben will stay as long as he can in spite because the team dared to draft a QB who might replace him, but Bell is gone for sure. They're really not in a good place at the moment though, so they might have to deal with a couple more seasons like this before they can actually get a proper rebuild underway.

Packers need 3 linemen, a tight end, 2 outside linebackers, and a pair of safeties in a massive way before they even think about anything else. I'd be happy enough with Valdez Scantling and St.Brown with another year under them being 2 and 3 after Adams and fill other holes anyway.

Agreed about the WRs - Adams, MVS, ESB, Kumerow & J'Mon Moore is a solid enough set of guys, especially considering it seems to take a year or two for people to get chemistry going with Rodgers. I'd imagine they'll use one of the first rounders on an edge rusher, and the other on a safety or a lineman, depending on who falls.

---

Latest declarations for the draft include Florida OT Jawaan Taylor, TEs Jace Sternberger (Texas A&M) & Kaden Smith (Stanford), hyped up Duke QB Daniel Jones & his teammate, LB Joe Giles-Harris & NC State WR Jakobi Myers. Meanwhile, potential first rounder CBs Bryce Hall & Levonta Taylor are going back to school. Full list of who's in & who's out from the underclassmen can be found here. (https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/26/2019-nfl-draft-underclassmen-tracker/)

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Word is that some teams have contacted us about trading for Harbs :sherlock:

Foe
01-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Sternberger was really good at A&M after transferring in from a small school (or JUCO?) so hope he works out.

Just been reading through a mock draft in cbs (yep, already) and there's a whole raft I've never heard of. Interestingly they had ed Oliver all the way down at thirteen and drew lock going to the broncos. Not buying that. Haskins at six to the giants though I could see...

Giggles
01-01-2019, 09:32 PM

I had seen a few bits about Cleveland wanting him.

Foe
01-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Cleveland need to give the job to Williams. If they don't he's going to be a head coach somewhere else.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 09:37 PM
I had seen a few bits about Cleveland wanting him.

Cleveland and Broncos seem to be the most linked.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Packers need to go get Rivera and then let him hire a young hotshot OC. The likes of Daniels won't bring the required attitude change.

Even Williams if the Browns are stupid enough.

Dan
01-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Sternberger was really good at A&M after transferring in from a small school (or JUCO?) so hope he works out.

Just been reading through a mock draft in cbs (yep, already) and there's a whole raft I've never heard of. Interestingly they had ed Oliver all the way down at thirteen and drew lock going to the broncos. Not buying that. Haskins at six to the giants though I could see...

I've been reading them for months :D Who were the names you didn't recognise?

Ed seems to be slipping in mocks just because of Quinnen Williams & the number of teams who need other positions more. Drew Lock's going all over the place, but he does kinda seem like a Bronco QB (big arm, athletic white dude with questionable ability as an actual QB, hopefully better than Osweiler & Lynch), although maybe the second round is a better value (then again it's QB so value goes out the window).

Dan
01-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Anyone trading for a coach is mad.

Giggles
01-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Only one I recall it working for was the Buccaneers for Gruden.

Foe
01-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Anyone watching the rose bowl? Got a feeling the buckeyes are going to fuck up washington.

Hopefully Haskins makes it through unhurt.

Gray Fox
01-01-2019, 09:58 PM
What we need is Rex Ryan to return. Jeff Fisher maybe.

Sir Andy Mahowry
01-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Anyone trading for a coach is mad.

Yep, especially for the price.

Apparently we're looking for at least two first rounders.

Dan
01-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Anyone watching the rose bowl? Got a feeling the buckeyes are going to fuck up washington.

Hopefully Haskins makes it through unhurt.

Yeah, i'll be keeping an eye on it. Hoping Byron Murphy & Taylor Rapp play well for Washington too.

Just seen that Clifton Duck has declared for the draft. Would've expected him next year, but he's a first rounder in the name draft.

Dan
01-01-2019, 10:08 PM
What we need is Rex Ryan to return. Jeff Fisher maybe.

:drool:

I heard Rex Ryan's name mentioned for the Miami job in the two hours between Mark Richt retiring & Manny Diaz taking over, so maybe he could still be persuaded for the right job.

Yep, especially for the price.

Apparently we're looking for at least two first rounders.

:roflol:

In related news, Lincoln Riley has signed a contract extension with Oklahoma.

Foe
01-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Decided I'm going to record it and watch it tomorrow instead, as with the Georgia Texas game after. Will be a nice conclusion to annual leave before the doom and fear emerges.

Dan
01-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Have we even mentioned the Jags voiding all of Leonard Fournette's guarantees? That's turned out to be a terrible pick. Wonder if he'll end up being traded/cut this offseason.

EDIT: Just about to watch the couple of Josh Jacobs games that have gone up on YouTube the last couple of days, and saw what I'd written down about Saquon - "potential to produce a 2000 all purpose yard season" as a rookie. He had 2028, hire me Oakland :cool:

Browning
01-01-2019, 11:30 PM
Two 1sts for Harbaugh is exactly what the Browns need to do to fuck up all their hard work.

Gray Fox
02-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Have we even mentioned the Jags voiding all of Leonard Fournette's guarantees? That's turned out to be a terrible pick. Wonder if he'll end up being traded/cut this offseason.

He also went and sulked with Yeldon throughout the entire of the last game of the season. Both were seen sat and giving no shits for what went on in the game.

There's also talk of him legally challenging them for the money owed as they are guarantees. That can surely only end in him being shown the door. He's missed 11 games in 2 seasons through injury and suspension. Given they're needing a QB, I'd look to ship him about for one or a decent draft pick to see about picking one up.

Dan
02-01-2019, 12:45 AM
I guess you'd probably still get a second for him, but I'm not entirely convinced it wouldn't end up being a third. Why give up an early pick for him when he's had all these issues, and we've seen time & time again you can pretty much plug anyone you like in at RB if you have a good line/scheme - just look at Pittsburgh every time Lev Bell has been out or the Rams the last two weeks with CJ Anderson. Heck, even on the Jags it's not like TJ Yeldon was much of a difference, and Carlos Hyde keeps getting kicked out the door despite being an above average back.

With Foles & Teddy being available this year in free agency I'm not sure there are many great QB trade options, but how do you feel about these options?

1. Fournette & a third rounder for Jameis
2. Fournette & a second for Carr
3. Fournette & a fourth for Tannehill
4. Fournette & a fifth for Jacoby Brissett & a fourth

Dan
02-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Man, the Texas offence is just AIDS - chuck it up to the big WRs until you get a third down or hit the redzone, then just run your QB as many times as it takes to get the first down/TD. Works in college though, as proven by Sam Ehlinger's three TDs, none of which were passes, and which all came from about two yards out. The last one came after four consecutive QB runs at the goal-line :cab:

Georgia's offence is AIDS in a completely different way - they try too hard to be classic Alabama & pass the ball about five times in the first half, then when they remember they have a first round QB & some good receivers they cruise up the field. It sounds like they could have given less of a fuck about the game if they'd tried though, so they deserved to get dicked on.

Gray Fox
03-01-2019, 01:17 AM

I really, really like this :D

Dan
03-01-2019, 07:49 AM
:D

I like ‘victory’ & ‘slow victory’ as well. Not sure I’d call ‘take a safety’ enough to have it on the sheet though.

John
03-01-2019, 08:34 AM

It feels a bit early to say the daftest opinion of the year has already been expressed, but I think the daftest opinion of the year has already been expressed.

Giggles
03-01-2019, 08:37 AM
He's going balls deep in trying to back himself on it too.

Dan
03-01-2019, 08:50 AM
I mean, he’s kinda right. AB went in the sixth because he was an alright college player who had a shit combine, but character issues probably would’ve had something to do with it too if they were there.

EDIT: AB has even tweeted a draft profile of himself that mentions attitude/character concerns taking him off draft boards.

It’s LOL to try to pretend he hasn’t completely blown every conceivable expectation anyone has had for him out the water, and if anyone had thought he’d become what he has he’d obviously have been a first rounder, but he went where you’d expect given what teams knew about him at the time.

niko_cee
03-01-2019, 11:37 AM
It's nice to try and be revisionist and all, but 34th all time on receiving yards and 35th for receiving TDs (currently, probably with potential to go top 10 in both) probably says the scouts didn't know what they were doing more than an apparent hissy fit 8 years down the line says they did.

Dan
03-01-2019, 05:32 PM
If Pittsburgh thought there was any chance AB was going to become an all-time great WR they would’ve taken him earlier than round six. This isn’t scouts being clueless, this is AB working his arse off & improvising every aspect of his game to a degree that’s almost unheard of.

The guy’s an idiot for trying to say a couple of arguments proves he went in the right spot, because he’s basically saying everyone knew he’s be what he’s become & the only reason he fell was because he threw a few strops.

He went in the sixth 90% because nobody thought he was very good, and 10% because people thought he might be a dick, not the other way round.

Everyone knew Manziel was going to be trouble off the field, and yet he still went in the first because teams don’t give a fuck if you’re difficult if they also think you’re amazing at football. Meanwhile, there are loads of outstanding professionals who go undrafted every year because teams don’t care how great you are as a person if you’re also shit at football.

Evaluating AB then is like looking at Antonio Callaway in college. If he becomes a superstar everyone will say he should have gone round one, and it’s entirely possible he does, but I don’t hear anyone saying that now given what we know at this moment.

It’s why scouting is so hard. You can only make your best guess based on the information available to you at the time - tape, testing & interviews - and you pretty much have to accept you’re going to be wrong twice as often as you’re right.

Dan
03-01-2019, 11:41 PM
More declarations for the draft, including:

- Five Penn State guys, the most notable being Miles Sanders (RB), Connor McGovern (C) & Shareef Miller (EDGE)
- Dawson Knox (TE, Ole Miss) - that's the QB, three starting WRs, TE & LT all gone.
- Vosean Joseph (LB, Florida)
- Darius Slayton (WR, Auburn)
- Joe Jackson (EDGE, Miami)
- Taylor Rapp (S, Washington)
- Both David Long's (West Virginia LB & Michigan CB)

Also a few names confirmed to be going back to school:

- Tyler Biadasz (C, Wisconsin). Look for him to be a high first rounder next season - he's a stud already as a redshirt sophomore.
- Collin Johnson (WR, Texas)
- All three starting linebackers for Miami (Shaq Quarterman, Michael Pinckney & Zach McCloud)

Deadline for underclassmen to declare is 14th Jan, I believe, so ten days until we have the final list of draftable players :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-01-2019, 12:08 AM
I'm not too sure where we'll go via the draft.

I'd assume some more O-line help (Yanda, Stanley and Brown are great, the rest meh), CB (Carr is 33 and Jimmy is 31), Safety (Jefferson hasn't performed, Weddle is getting on) and I guess WR (like we'll be fucking throwing) are the obvious holes.

Do we draft a RB? Before Gus broke out I'd say no but he and Dixon are doing so well. Perhaps an edge rusher due to Suggs age.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/contracts/

Just seen our contacts actually. Suggs apparently wants to stay (he deserves to) and depending on what the contract types are I can only see us keeping Za'Darius Smith, Pierce, Onwuasor, Gus and possibly Urban along with Eluemenor or Skura.

So a MLB would also be on the cards as I can't see us working a deal with Mosley.

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Finalists for the Hall of Fame have been announced:

Tony Gonzalez
Isaac Bruce
Edgerrin James
Ed Reed
Steve Atwater
Champ Bailey
Ty Law
John Lynch
Tony Boselli
Steve Hutchinson
Alan Faneca
Kevin Mawae
Richard Seymour
Dan Coryell
Tom Flores

Reed, Bailey and Tony G first year guys. Oh and will John Lynch finally make it? Sixth time in a row he's been a finalist now.

Foe
04-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Collin Johnson looks pretty nifty So happy he's going back. Sam ehlinger seems to be warming into the tebow bulldozing role but can actually throw it too. Have to think he needs to throw it more often if he wants NFL attention. Bulldozing won't come so easy in the NFL, despite him being 6'3 and 230.

You watch the Michigan "all or nothing" dan? Would be interesting for you with rashan Gary and Devin bush heading to THE LEAGUE.

thommo
04-01-2019, 09:56 AM
You watch the Michigan "all or nothing" dan? Would be interesting for you with rashan Gary and Devin bush heading to THE LEAGUE.

Is that "All or Nothing" a college version of the Amazon Prime show? Do you have to know a lot about college football to enjoy it?

Dan
04-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Collin Johnson looks pretty nifty So happy he's going back. Sam ehlinger seems to be warming into the tebow bulldozing role but can actually throw it too. Have to think he needs to throw it more often if he wants NFL attention. Bulldozing won't come so easy in the NFL, despite him being 6'3 and 230.

Yeah, Ehlinger is a stud college QB who would probably go on day three in the draft - Trace McSorley will be that guy this year.

Not watched All or Nothing as I don’t have prime, but should probably look into it. Chase Winovich is the character guy from there, but I seem to remember hearing Gary comes over well from it, even if the show itself is a bit meh.

Foe
04-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Is that "All or Nothing" a college version of the Amazon Prime show? Do you have to know a lot about college football to enjoy it?

That's the one yeah. Nah,
Not really. It's quite interesting as it sort of follows a team. It's not as in depth as NFL hard knocks mind, but mildly entertaining. Harbaugh is not at all how I would have imagined him.

Foe
04-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Ehlinger is a stud college QB who would probably go on day three in the draft - Trace McSorley will be that guy this year.

Not watched All or Nothing as I don’t have prime, but should probably look into it. Chase Winovich is the character guy from there, but I seem to remember hearing Gary comes over well from it, even if the show itself is a bit meh.

I absolutely love trace mcsorley. Such a good dude. Hope he hangs onto a roster.

Giggles
04-01-2019, 08:12 PM
All Pro Team:

Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
Running back: Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams
Wide receivers: Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints; DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
Tight end: Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs
Flex: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs
Left tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay Packers
Left guard: Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis Colts
Center: Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles
Right guard: Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys
Right tackle: Mitchell Schwartz, Kansas City Chiefs

Edge rushers: J.J. Watt, Houston Texans; Khalil Mack, Chicago Bears
Interior linemen: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams; Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagles
Linebackers: Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers; Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks; Darius Leonard, Indianapolis Colts
Cornerbacks: Kyle Fuller, Chicago Bears; Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots
Safeties: Eddie Jackson, Chicago Bears; Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers
Defensive back: Desmond King, Los Angeles Chargers

Kicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens
Punter: Michael Dickson, Seattle Seahawks
Kick returner: Andre Roberts, New York Jets
Punt returner: Tarik Cohen, Chicago Bears
Special teamer: Adrian Phillips, Los Angeles Chargers

Sir Andy Mahowry
04-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Second team:

Quarterback: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

Running Back: Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys

Flex: Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers

Tight End: George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers

Wide Receivers: Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons; Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs

Left Tackle: Duane Brown, Seattle Seahawks; Terron Armstead, New Orleans Saints

Right Tackle: Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans Saints

Left Guard: Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns

Right Guard: Marshal Yanda, Baltimore Ravens

Center: Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh Steelers

Edge Rushers: Von Miller, Denver Broncos; Cameron Jordan, New Orleans Saints; Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns; Danielle Hunter, Minnesota Vikings

Interior Linemen: Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs; J.J. Watt, Houston Texans

Linebackers: Von Miller, Denver Broncos; C.J. Mosley, Baltimore Ravens; Leighton Vander Esch, Dallas Cowboys

Cornerbacks: Byron Jones, Dallas Cowboys; Xavien Howard, Miami Dolphins

Safeties: Jamal Adams, New York Jets; Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings

Defensive Back: Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers

SPECIAL TEAMS

Placekicker: Aldrick Rosas, New York Giants

Punter: Johnny Hekker, Los Angeles Rams

Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, New England Patriots

Punt Returner: Desmond King, Los Angeles Chargers

Special Teamer: Cory Littleton, Los Angeles Rams

I'm a little surprised that Littleton wasn't in the first team. He blocked a couple of punts and I think he got a special teams TD.

Dan
04-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Hang on, Saquon didn't get in either team? Was Zeke really better than him this season (honest question, don't think I've seen much of Dallas all year)? Also, how come Tyreek gets to be first team flex AND second team WR? Surely you could boot him out of a flex spot for Saquon. Same for Derwin James, actually.

Michael Dickson first team all pro punter as a rookie :cool: Braden Mann could be the next stud in 2020, if anyone's looking for punters of the future.

EDIT: RBs Elijah Holyfield (Georgia) & Trayveon Williams (Texas A&M), CB Julian Love (Notre Dame), TE Isaac Nauta (Georgia) & WRs JJ Arcega-Whiteside (Stanford), Riley Ridley & Mecole Hardman (both Georgia) all declared now as well.

Half the Georgia offence leaving might help explain why they didn't give a fuck about playing Texas. They've also had Justin Fields transfer to Ohio State, which surely means Haskins is gone now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Zeke was rushing leader so he was always going to get it.

Dan
05-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Just remembered I was going to do an end of season thingy:

Following on from the one at the start of the year, here are the same individual awards for you to vote on:

MVP:

Offensive Player of the Year:
Defensive Player of the Year:

Offensive Rookie of the Year:
Defensive Rookie of the Year:

Comeback Player of the Year:

The Oakland Raiders Award For Being Unexpectedly & Completely Abysmal:
The Alvin Kamara Award For The Player Who Comes From Nowhere To Be A Stud:
The Peyton Manning Award For The Great Player Who Suddenly Becomes Total Shit:

For reference, I'm classifying MVP as 'the player who was most critical to the success of their team', and OPOTY/DPOTY & OROTY/DROTY as 'best offensive/defensive player/rookie regardless of positional value'.

You can also have another chance at predicting the playoffs:

AFC Conference Champion:
NFC Conference Champion:

SuperBowl Champion:

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 08:26 PM
I'm keeping my predictions from the start of the year.

AFC Conference Champion: Ravens
NFC Conference Champion: Rams

SuperBowl Champion: Ravens.

Loomar, Gus the Bus and Kenneth 'THE TRUTH' Dixon running all over everyone.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Such a pity these weren't 6 and 9pm games. Another bloody hour to go.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Texans and Dallas for me here, intriguing games though.

Gray Fox
05-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Texans and Seahawks for me.

Hawks a very sneaky bet to go far. Come in very under the radar.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Clowney to snap Luck in on the first drive :drool:

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:27 PM
I've Indy, Dallas, Ravens, Bears.

Limoutsonik
05-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Offensive Player of the Year: Mahomes and it's not even close
Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Mayfield mainly because he took over games as a rookie and changed the culture.
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Darius Leonard

Comeback Player of the Year: Captain Andrew Luck

The Oakland Raiders Award For Being Unexpectedly & Completely Abysmal: Kelvin Benjamin
The Alvin Kamara Award For The Player Who Comes From Nowhere To Be A Stud: James Conner
The Peyton Manning Award For The Great Player Who Suddenly Becomes Total Shit: Rob Gronkowski

Also,playoffs picks are Colts,Seahawks,Ravens,Bears.

thommo
05-01-2019, 09:43 PM
TY Hilton, what a catch. Colts with a great opening drive!

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Hilton owns this stadium.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Thought that should have been interference live but that's a good call.

thommo
05-01-2019, 09:52 PM
As I didn't do any of these predictions at the start of the season, I've gone through the whole list.

MVP: Patrick Mahomes

Offensive Player of the Year: Pat Mahomes
Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Donald

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Darius Leonard

Comeback Player of the Year: Andrew Luck

The Oakland Raiders Award For Being Unexpectedly & Completely Abysmal: Jags in general. That defence should not be lounging around bottom of the AFC South
The Alvin Kamara Award For The Player Who Comes From Nowhere To Be A Stud: George Kittle. :cool: The man is a beast!
The Peyton Manning Award For The Great Player Who Suddenly Becomes Total Shit: Chris Boswell (I know he wasn't "a great" beforehand, but after signing that mega contract, he went off a cliff this year)

AFC Conference Champion: LA Chargers
NFC Conference Champion: LA Rams

SuperBowl Champion: Rams in an 80 point+ Superbowl.

I'm in on the Colts and Seahawks tonight. I'd love the Colts to win the whole thing too, they've been great to watch recently.

thommo
05-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Hilton owns this stadium.

I did enjoy ESPN's ridiculous graphic to make that point.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:56 PM
I did enjoy ESPN's ridiculous graphic to make that point.

The whole ESPN graphics setup looks like they were done by a child after a few red bulls.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 09:56 PM
This looks like the makings of a complete blowout.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 10:00 PM
I voted for Lindsay in the Alvin Kamara award but the Colts o-Line probably deserve it.

From 56 sacks given up last year (worst in the league) to just 18 this year (best in the league).

Giggles
05-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Only game I'll get to see all weekend and it's as good as over before the 2nd quarter :(

Though you can always count on the Texans to shit themselves.

thommo
05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
The Texans are always a team that just pass me by, even when they have a good record like this year. I can only think of one game in the past 2 seasons that impressed me (@ Seahawks last season), and that takes some doing when you have Hopkins at WR.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Watson will never be a proper NFL QB anyway. Lots of flashes and lots of fuck-ups.

Dan
05-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Brett Kollman will be absolutely seething right now.

EDIT: Yup.

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 10:19 PM
Big men doing things :cool:

Dan
05-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Did we mention Brent Grimes getting pissy because he wasn't thought he getting paid enough to have to follow a WR?

thommo
05-01-2019, 10:29 PM
:D We'll have Miko signing up any second now you've posted that.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Can't believe how rubbish this Texans defense is. It's like watching the Packers.

Giggles
05-01-2019, 10:49 PM
How do they miss that facemask?

Sir Andy Mahowry
05-01-2019, 10:50 PM
I think Watson could have run for that.

Dan
06-01-2019, 12:01 AM
Here are my picks for the end of season awards:
MVP: Patrick Mahomes
Offensive Player of the Year: DeAndre Hopkins
Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Donald
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Saquon Barkley
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Derwin James
Comeback Player of the Year: Andrew Luck

The Oakland Raiders Award For Being Unexpectedly & Completely Abysmal: Jacksonville
The Alvin Kamara Award For The Player Who Comes From Nowhere To Be A Stud: Phillip Lindsay
The Peyton Manning Award For The Great Player Who Suddenly Becomes Total Shit: Rob Gronkowski

Playoff picks:
AFC Conference Champion: Chiefs
NFC Conference Champion: LA Rams

SuperBowl Champion: LA Rams

Had a shot at my all pro teams too, since this game was over in the first quarter:
QB - Patrick Mahomes -> Drew Brees
RB - Saquon Barkley -> Christian McCaffery
WRs - DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Julio Jones -> JuJu Smith-Schuster, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams
TE - George Kittle -> Travis Kelce
LT - Terron Armstead -> David Bakhtiari
LG - Quenton Nelson -> Ali Marpet
C - Jason Kelce -> Matt Paradis
RG - Zack Martin -> Shaq Mason
RT - Mitchell Schwartz -> Ryan Ramczyk

EDGE - JJ Watt & Khalil Mack -> Cam Jordan, DeMarcus Lawrence
DTs - Aaron Donald & Chris Jones -> Fletcher Cox & Grady Jarrett

LBs - Bobby Wagner, Luke Keuchly, Darius Leonard -> Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith & Demario Davis

CBs - Stephon Gilmore, Kyle Fuller -> Byron Jones, Patrick Peterson
Nickel - Desmond King -> Kareem Jackson
S - Derwin James, Eddie Jackson -> Jamal Adams, Kevin Byard

K - Aldrick Rosas -> Justin Tucker
P - Michael Dickson -> Thomas Morstead

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 12:04 AM
That was a fumble but at least it gives a bit of excitement to the game.

thommo
06-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Definitely a pity ruling from the refs, the ball is loose some way before it breaks the plane. They have to keep those TV numbers up for the 4th quarter I guess.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Rosas over Tucker, THAT'S A GOOD JOKE MATE.

thommo
06-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Tucker's past it. 4 missed FGs AND a missed PAT? Sack him off.

Dan
06-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Rosas over Tucker, THAT'S A GOOD JOKE MATE.

Dude missed one kick all year, and it was a 52 yarder just after he came back from a quad injury.

Gray Fox
06-01-2019, 12:15 AM
Mahow right now:

https://i.gyazo.com/6699005a761ced7df92403c6e0b01efb.png

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Salty wankers.

Texans are taking so fucking long, they need to quicken it up or they've got absolutely no chance.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 12:35 AM
Guess we're beating the Patriots next week then.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 12:36 AM
That was about as shit a start to the playoffs that could have happened.

thommo
06-01-2019, 12:38 AM
Guess we're beating the Patriots next week then.

Chiefs - Chargers will be the conference game so I doubt it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 12:41 AM
Chiefs defence is too shit to win a playoff game.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Irsay attempting to dance :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 01:39 AM
That Hurns injury :sick:

Absolutely destroyed his ankle there.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 02:14 AM
Was thinking about watching this all but fuck me it's shit.

There's been nothing good about it.

wullie
06-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Fully deserved to lose that, can't complain.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 11:27 AM
What was that onside about at the end?

Limoutsonik
06-01-2019, 12:26 PM
FUCK. A missed chance for this young team to progress. Oh well,i guess you can't teach an old dog(Carroll) new tricks.

Dan
06-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Yeah, glad I fell asleep before that one :D

We've got another cornerback with a first round name in the 2019 draft class - Hamp Cheevers of Boston College :cool:

Giggles
06-01-2019, 01:01 PM
I quite enjoyed it. Way better than the first game.

niko_cee
06-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Excellent start by Baltimore.

:face:

Dan
06-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Probably going to miss most of the first half as we’re taking our tree down :moop: Has it just been a load of fumbles & pressures given up so far, as the play log would suggest?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 06:38 PM
I thought it kicked off at 6:40, argh.

niko_cee
06-01-2019, 06:40 PM
As a Ravens fan that's probably not a bad thing.

thommo
06-01-2019, 06:42 PM
3 fumbles in the opening 8 snaps for the Ravens, but it's still only 6-0. Not the worst outcome all things considered.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 06:44 PM
That bad? Wow.

Interesting to hear that Badgely was struggling with the wind at the other end of the pitch, could be key in the second half.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 06:46 PM
At least we've backed them up.

Edit: :moop:

Dan
06-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Baltimore have been a shambles by the sounds of it. Lucky they have a defence that can cover for it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Yeah, we're a mess on offence right now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:02 PM
They can't run for shit on us.

*Long run imminent now ofc.

Dan
06-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Derwin getting chatty :cool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Jackson looks nervous as fuck.

Every throw is fucking shit.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Are you alright Mahow?

Ravens shitting it?

Dan
06-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Aldrick Rosas would've got off that block & made the tackle.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 07:45 PM
What a shit field goal :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:45 PM
That might be the shot in the arm that we needed.

Great block by Za'Darius.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:46 PM
What a shit field goal :D

It was blocked.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Had that gone in, I'd have turned to Flacco.

As it is we might as well give Jackson one more possession.

Chargers have done well in shutting down the run game and Lamar looks so fucking nervous when passing right now that it's not great. The blocked field goal might lift him though.

Dan
06-01-2019, 07:47 PM
This Chargers offence is looking super conservative. It's like they're trying to lose. Standard Chargers.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 07:48 PM
The kick was still shit though despite the block.

Jackson getting sacks I see :sherlock:

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Hurst gives up two sacks in a row.

Cock.

Dan
06-01-2019, 07:54 PM
I mean, Ingram destroyed him on the second one, but that's more a good move. The first one was less good.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Yeah, you'd struggle to find a guard that could deal with that Ingram move.

He got absolutely bullied for the first one, he can't let someone push him back that easily.

Anyway, I think Flacco should come in now.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:55 PM
YES LADS, YES.

We need to fucking capitalise now motherfuckers.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 07:56 PM
Peanut fucking loves going against the Chargers.

Pleb
The Patriots must be laughing their ass off over this game.

Dan
Can we put the Ravens defence through on their own?

Pleb
06-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Jackson getting booed off the fucking field.

Start Flacco Mahow.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Peanut is everywhere.

He's such a good player.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Come the fuck on lads now.

We can fucking do this.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:06 PM
This is a weird game :D

That holding call :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:08 PM
I thought he had that.

Great stiff arm by Loomar.

Pleb
Mahow right now:

https://i.gyazo.com/6699005a761ced7df92403c6e0b01efb.png
Accurate.

Sir Andy Mahowry
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Time to get another kicker?

Gray Fox
Is Tucker RATTLED?

thommo
Rosas looking pretty good right about now. :D

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Accurate.

Or not, as the case may be :harold:

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:10 PM
I honestly don't know why we didn't go for that.

Yeah you'd expect Tucker to make that and would only have us down by 6 but it was a 4th and 1 in Chargers territory. I'm sure we could have gotten it and could have led to a TD.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Justin Tucker definitely a number one fantasy draft pick Mahow :chief:

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Fucking hell, the Chargers look to have been inspired by the Seahawks' offensive playcalling yesterday. It's excruciatingly passive.

EDIT: Look at that, they actually try to move the ball more than two yards & they start getting some success!

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

:(

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:17 PM
That looked nearly in :D

Someone check on Mahow.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:20 PM
He's in, it's over.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Refs want us to win...

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Gordon :harold:

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Nah, he's down.

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:23 PM
This is just the worst.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Again though, why do the blow the whistle so quick?

thommo
06-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Fucking brilliant :drool:

If that was a Texans TD yesterday, Gordon is definitely down by contact.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:25 PM
He was down by contact, Weddle got his ankles.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:26 PM

Amazing.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Guys, Tyrell Williams is shit and not Mike Williams.

He needs to be covered.

Browning
06-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Chargers :drool:

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Fucking scenes if this turns out to be a Chargers-Rams Super Bowl.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Get Flacco in, we need to fucking pass and Loomar can't do it.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Why is he rushing? :D

I'm surprised the crowd haven't invaded the pitch yet.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Why is he rushing? :D

I'm surprised the crowd haven't invaded the pitch yet.

Because Mornhinweg is a fucking mong.

Browning
06-01-2019, 08:35 PM
That drive :lol:

This is amazing.

Bring in Flacco and let him throw a pick 6 to cap it off.

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Loomar better be spending all offseason working on his passing, or the Ravens will be fucked next year.

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Rivers first down celebration :D

niko_cee
06-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Old man bowl warm up next week then.

'mon Rivers and the road warriors.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:48 PM
He's really bad at sensing pressure too.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Well that was a good pass.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Sshhhiiittttt.....

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Sshhhiiittttt.....

Don't worry, bar a miracle the Chargers have this wrapped up.

Dan
06-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Wait, you can throw the ball in the air to people?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:54 PM

The joys of Mornhinweg playcalling.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:54 PM

The joys of Mornhinweg playcalling.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Surprised you didn't go for two Mahow :sherlock:

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 08:57 PM
I just heard Stone Cold's theme tune, that's cheered me up a bit.

niko_cee
06-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Why did Andrews step out when he could clearly have got a first there (not that it mattered)?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Mahomes-esque that.

Pleb
06-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Ravens have woken up.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Why did Andrews step out when he could clearly have got a first there (not that it mattered)?

Stop the clock.

Had he gotten the first down he wouldn't be able to step out and thus the clock would keep running.

niko_cee

What a play.

Browning
It's the hope that kills you.

niko_cee
06-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Stop the clock.

Had he gotten the first down he wouldn't be able to step out and thus the clock would keep running.

I see, but then they had to run the first in the end and clock it so where was the gain?

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Pleb
Well then :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
I see, but then they had to run the first in the end and clock it so where was the gain?

Don't try to use logic when Marty Mornhinweg is calling plays.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Also, Crabtree was in.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Surprised you didn't go for two Mahow :sherlock:

Had we not gotten the 2 points we'd have been down by 14, by taking the point we were down by 13, had we converted it would have been 12.

13 and 12 are basically the same in NFL terms, 14 would mean 2 TD's would be just a draw.

Maths says always go for 1.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:17 PM
One drive to win it...

thommo
06-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Someone shut up whoever that is screaming on the broadcast. Fucking irritating.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 09:21 PM
This is mental.

Ian
Ah.

Pleb
Amazing :D

Sir Andy Mahowry
Well shit :(

thommo
06-01-2019, 09:22 PM
:D :D :D It's the hope that kills you.

niko_cee
06-01-2019, 09:22 PM
What a way to end it.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Kind of poetic that it finished as it started I guess...

We were only in it because of our defence and them not taking advantage of all our fuck ups.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Jackson is so bad. They really need to draft a QB and use him to return punts or something.

Foe
06-01-2019, 09:25 PM
That game was way closer in the score line than it should have been.

Chargers just kind of gave up in the 4th. That Lamar completion where he lofted it up was wild, Darwin James really should've picked that, just seemed to jump really early.

Flacco sitting there ignoring Lamar the entire game (and season?) was great.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Rivers sounds like he smokes 60 a day.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 10:11 PM
If the Bears win the whole thing it'll finally top the 2000 Ravens for a defense carrying a QB to a Superbowl.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Not even close.

Gray Fox
06-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Broncos under Mannings last season was a mess on offence.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 10:29 PM
He might actually need to be carried now :drool:

Ian
06-01-2019, 10:38 PM
That is dreadful from Foles.

Giggles
06-01-2019, 10:42 PM
No way that interception stands.

Sir Andy Mahowry
06-01-2019, 11:01 PM
A fumble with no recovery :D

How was that not a completed pass, fumble and then no recovery?

Refs are fucking shit.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 12:10 AM
Maddox is getting fisted.

Gray Fox
07-01-2019, 12:11 AM
It took them this long to expose our weakness. Done well to contain this far but I think that's us done. Need last year's Foles back for this.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 12:38 AM
Foles :uhoh:

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 12:40 AM
I thought he got that in but I think the refs were right.

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Trubisky :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 12:49 AM
Parkey you fucking shithouse.

Gray Fox
07-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Good lord he hit the post again.

We live to shit it up another day!

Sir Andy Mahowry
07-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Post AND bar.

They should have cut him after that Lions game when he hit the post 4 times.

Giggles
07-01-2019, 06:15 AM
Fuck "da" Bears :drool: :drool: :drool:

Dan
07-01-2019, 01:36 PM
When we get Dallas v Philly in the NFC championship game :drool:

Dan
07-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Natty tonight Foe :alan:

Might watch it live even though I have work tomorrow. Should probably try to nap before but I won’t.

Giggles
07-01-2019, 05:40 PM
College football needs a Game Pass.

Dan
07-01-2019, 05:48 PM
100%. I’d happily pay to get condensed games & all-22 film.

Giggles
07-01-2019, 05:52 PM
I'd happily pay just to see games. When I could get NASN (as it was called then) I used to watch way more college than NFL.

Dan
07-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Haskins has declared. Byron Murphy (CB, Washington, probable first rounder) & David Montgomery (RB, Iowa State, top three back in the class & likely second rounder) too, and Tyree Jackson (QB, Buffalo) has decided to fuck off his plan to transfer & has declared instead.

Giggles
07-01-2019, 11:18 PM
The fuck?

Giggles
07-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Wiki updated and all. I remember watching him play in college :(

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_LaFleur

EDIT: Actually no, I'm thinking of Matt Mauck.

Dan
08-01-2019, 12:35 AM
Interesting. He's moved up pretty quickly, but I guess that's what happens when you can put Sean McVay & Kyle Shanahan on your references at a time when everyone's trying to get the next Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan.

On the other side of things, Mariota's going to have had four different OCs before the end of his rookie deal. No wonder he's barely developed.

And of course I've been trying not to fall asleep for the last hour, having failed to nap earlier :moop: 11pm coffee has failed, so I guess it's time to get on the sugar.

Dan
08-01-2019, 01:09 AM
God, I fucking hate anthem time.

Dan
08-01-2019, 01:22 AM
Oh shit :drool: :drool: :drool:

This could be a cracker going by the first three minutes. I was just about to say Clemson's offence has looked iffy so far, then they get a big chunk & convert on the next play. 21pts in less than five game minutes :cab:

Dan
08-01-2019, 01:48 AM
Okay, so here are all the potential top 50 selections playing in this game.

Quinnen Williams, DT
Raekwon Davis, DT
Joshua Jacobs, RB
Damien Harris, RB
Irv Smith, TE
Deionte Thompson, S
Jonah Williams, LT

Christian Wilkins, DT
Clelin Ferrell, EDGE
Trayvon Mullen, CB

Tua Tagovailoa, QB
Najee Harris, RB
Mack Wilson, LB
Jerry Jeudy, WR
Dylan Moses, LB
Devonta Smith, WR
Henry Ruggs, WR

Tee Higgins, WR
Travis Etienne, RB
Isaiah Simmons, S

Jaylen Waddle, WR
Patrick Surtain, CB

Trevor Lawrence, QB
Justyn Ross, WR
Xavier Thomas, EDGE

And that's a fairly conservative list.

Dan
08-01-2019, 02:23 AM
Josh Jacobs is a stud - bangs ahead for a short fourth down conversion from the wildcat twice, then jukes a defender out of his shoes a few plays after the second one.

Shame Tua chucked one up to Trayvon Mullen afterwards, mind.

EDIT: Anfernee Jennings is the new JJ Swat. Two batted passes already, and I think they said earlier he has 11 this season :cab:

Look at this. What scenes :drool: You know 'bama are going to come out pissed in the second half though.

And still more scenes before the half:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwWxt6aX4AAwiGU.jpg

Matt Miller will be wanking himself silly over Trayvon Mullen having a pick & a sack already.

Look at Trevor Lawrence's arm - slung that miles out of bounds & barely looked to try. He's just strolling his way through this game as well.

Dan
08-01-2019, 03:07 AM
What a compelling first half of football that was. And now, Imagine Dragons sound like shit featuring Little Wayne, who also sounds like shit, and is dressed like this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwW3-uEX4AE61NK.jpg:large

I'd have rather had an entire show consisting of 'different' renditions of Star Spangled Banner.

John
08-01-2019, 03:08 AM
I stuck this school sports day on about ten minutes ago and immediately I've got Dabo fucking Swinney on my screen being full of shit.

I watched the 'Hawaii Bowl' a couple of weeks ago, in which an edge rusher named Jaylon Ferguson broke Terrell Suggs' college sack record and generally looked very good throughout. I looked him up afterwards and several draft predictor chappies were saying he'll be lucky to get drafted at all, and doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL player. That seems mad.

I know the college and pro games aren't the same, but surely someone breaking records in one is at least worth a serious look in the other?

Dan
08-01-2019, 03:23 AM
He'll get drafted, but probably on day three. He plays in Conference USA, which is trash, as you can see by their schedule (https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jaylon-ferguson-1/gamelog/2018/), so that's probably made it easy for people to doubt him. He's been consistently productive all four seasons though, and got 2 sacks against the only good team he played all season (Mississippi State) so someone will give him a shot. I'd imagine he'll be on the all star circuit too (can't remember if he's at the Senior Bowl or not), which will help him.

I've been watching Daniel Jones, the Duke QB who some people have talked up as a first rounder, and I just don't see it. He's got some size, he can run a bit, and he's done some pro-type stuff, but his arm isn't anything special, he puts too much air under the ball a lot of the time, he's not that great under pressure & he has Alex Smith Syndrome - I saw him throw a 1yd drag route on a 3rd & 9 against Miami & he still didn't hit the receiver in stride. He's okay, but I'm not sure he's going to be anything special - probably in the Keenum, Dalton, Smith tier. I'd say third round seems fair.

EDIT: That fake FG from 'bama :harold:

OOOOHHH SHIIIIIIIITTTT :alan: Justyn Ross just killed Saivion Smith, and Deionte Thompson has not been having his finest game today.

John
08-01-2019, 03:36 AM
I know nothing about the organisation of the college game, other than that the players don't get paid which is a shambles, so I take less than nothing from that link.

Dan
08-01-2019, 03:53 AM
He beat up on guys who will be working at Burger King next summer, basically. If you take out Mississippi State there are probably 10 NFL players on all the other teams they played combined. The level of dominance he had will get him a look, though, especially if he has a good run to the draft.

Dan
08-01-2019, 03:54 AM
Justyn Ross is going to be a stud in a year or two. I bloody love Hunter Renfrow as well.

Mitch Hyatt, on the other hand, fucking sucks. That sack he just gave up with embarrassing.

Three calls reversed in favour of Clemson now :D

Scratch that, he's already a stud.

EDIT: And I may have cursed him :D

Nope, still a beast.

We have two more years of Lawrence throwing to Ross :uhoh:

Dan
08-01-2019, 04:04 AM
This is just unreal. Have we ever seen Alabama get completely crushed before?

John
08-01-2019, 04:04 AM
He beat up on guys who will be working at Burger King next summer, basically. If you take out Mississippi State there are probably 10 NFL players on all the other teams they played combined. The level of dominance he had will get him a look, though, especially if he has a good run to the draft.

So he's essentially compiled a good goalscoring record over a few years in League Two but those draft guys are correct not to be telling Harry Kane to watch his arse?

For future reference, and I said this earlier in the thread, I'm a Browns man. From my limited draft prospect awareness I want them to take N'Keal Harry in the first, but beyond that I know fuck all.

Dan
08-01-2019, 04:12 AM
Yeah, that's about right :D

I have family in Cleveland, so they're my second team. I like N'Keal Harry, and I think I've seen that pick suggested once or twice, actually. They could use an offensive tackle & a cornerback as well. CB is probably the position with the least talent this year, but O-line is solid & WR is really deep, so they can probably go about it in any order depending on who falls to them in the first round.

Dan
08-01-2019, 04:16 AM
This is just an all time great performance from Clemson.

EDIT: Bama have given up & sent Jalen Hurts in. They've been dominated so much that NICK SABAN has waved the white flag.

John
08-01-2019, 04:27 AM
This is my first year being interested in the sport, beyond the hilarious names it throws up and the occasional YouTube clip of some outrageous athleticism.

I picked the Browns before the season because they'd been the worst two years running. I reckon if you're getting into a new sport and want or need to pick a team, you should always take the team at the bottom of the pile.

As it turns out, though, I've taken a team with serious promise.

Dan
08-01-2019, 04:32 AM
Yeah, if you'd got in two years earlier the Browns probably would've been bad enough to put you off the NFL altogether.

John
08-01-2019, 04:47 AM
Nah, I got interested in the sport thanks to a mate, so I was already on board with the sport as a whole before I picked my team.

As it turns out, I've chosen the team with the second brightest future in the league, with only the Chiefs and that mad prick they've plonked in at QB as a more obviously promising side. Baker, Njoku, Garrett, and Ward all look like they have the potential to be number one players in their positions.

Foe
08-01-2019, 07:48 PM
Clemson were so fucking good there. Recorded it and watched it today and my god that was satisfying.

Trevor Lawrence and justyn Ross have two more years together. Two more years.

The clemson defence just donned it. Bama just gave up. What a great sight.

Also, I bloody love Maria Taylor. :wub:

Foe
08-01-2019, 07:50 PM
So he's essentially compiled a good goalscoring record over a few years in League Two but those draft guys are correct not to be telling Harry Kane to watch his arse?

For future reference, and I said this earlier in the thread, I'm a Browns man. From my limited draft prospect awareness I want them to take N'Keal Harry in the first, but beyond that I know fuck all.
If you dominate and have he physique you can make it big though. Look at ali marpet coming from division 3 and being a second round pick by the bucs.

Need to properly stand out though, because if you're that talented, you should do.

Dan
08-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Yeah, you get one or two a year from the tiny schools. Nasir Adderley, a safety from Delaware, is another one to look out for this year - he's got a growing number of draft guys tipping him as a serious player, and I've seen him projected as a first rounder more than once.

Sounds like we're getting Bruce Arians to the Bucs & Kliff Kingsbury to the Cardinals. Both should be good moves for their offences. Meanwhile, the Broncos are picking between Vic Fangio & Mike Munchak.

Giggles
08-01-2019, 08:16 PM
That's some jump for Kingsbury.

Dan
08-01-2019, 08:16 PM
I've just seen that there is a WR in college called Lil'Jordan Humphrey after browsing a Ravens mock draft.

I thought the Lil was just the author taking the piss.

He's declared now :drool:

Sir Andy Mahowry
08-01-2019, 08:17 PM
We need him.

Dan
08-01-2019, 08:18 PM
That's some jump for Kingsbury.

Fired as head coach of Texas Tech, quickly gets a job as offensive co-ordinator at USC & leaves within a few weeks to be head coach of an NFL team. The well trodden path to the NFL.

Foe
08-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Yeah, spotted he was at USC and thought it was a really odd move. This ones even weirder, but hey ho. Maybe they want him to mould Rosen into a mahomes he had at texas tech.

Dan
08-01-2019, 10:22 PM
You mean the Mahomes he couldn't win with? Also had Baker & chose Davis Webb instead, so 'good judge of talent' might not be the first line of his resume.

Still, he should scheme up something interesting for Josh Rosen & whatever the fuck else they manage to scrape together to make an offence,

Foe
08-01-2019, 10:30 PM
It's Arizona. They don't win anyway.

Might as well try the air raid. Remember that machines vs baker battle that lasted hours... ?

Dan
09-01-2019, 08:29 AM
I like that Mahomes got autocorrected to machines there.

Bucs had to trade Arizona for Bruce Arians as they still owned his rights :D Sixth for a seventh, so nothing actually significant, but still. They’ve also got Byron Leftwich & Todd Bowles in as co-ordinators to continue the reunion.

Falcons have given Dirk Koetter their OC role. Kingsbury has been confirmed in Arizona, and apparently the Browns are down to Freddie Kitchens & Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski.

EDIT: It's Kitchens in Cleveland, who've got rid of Gregg Williams, & Fangio in Denver, who have hired Gary Kubiak as OC. Also talk that Todd Bowles hasn't actually finalised a deal with Tampa Bay, and is in talks to take over as the DC in Chicago.

Dan
09-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Tre Lamar, Dexter Lawrence & Trayvon Mullen have all declared from Clemson, as has Oklahoma OT Bobby Evans. I did wonder if the suspension would be enough for Dexter to go back to school, but he should still be fine.

I've been watching Daniel Jones recently & I've come to two conclusions:

Dude is not a first round QB - his accuracy isn't spectacular, his arm's nothing special, he throws short of the sticks on third down all the time & he's the least athletic 'mobile' QB you can imagine.
Motherfucker has THE WORST receivers I have ever seen - must be ten catchable passes dropped every game. He's not putting them all in perfect spots, but NFL guys would be expected to catch them all. TE Daniel Helm is the only guy with two functioning hands on the entire team.

Giggles
10-01-2019, 06:08 AM
Gase to NY. McCarthy must be sickened.

Dan
10-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Vance Joseph & Dowell Loggains likely to be the co-ordinators

It’s becoming a serious possibility that Kyler Murray is going to declare :drool:

Giggles
10-01-2019, 06:49 AM
The Baylor guy apparently turned them down as he wouldn't have been allowed pick his own staff.

Giggles
10-01-2019, 06:51 AM
This Murray lad sounds like a complete fuck about merchant. Could you really risk a first overall pick in him (like Kingsbury said he would), or any high pick, when he could easily fuck off to baseball anyway?

John
10-01-2019, 07:26 AM
Really he'd be 'fucking off' to the NFL. He's already been drafted in baseball, and he's already received a five million signing bonus. It's an interesting situation. If he does go to the NFL the baseball team that drafted him with the ninth overall pick get nothing.

Giggles
10-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Really he'd be 'fucking off' to the NFL. He's already been drafted in baseball, and he's already received a five million signing bonus. It's an interesting situation. If he does go to the NFL the baseball team that drafted him with the ninth overall pick get nothing.

He sounds like someone that'll fuck off to both football and baseball about twenty times over the next six months.

John
10-01-2019, 07:37 AM
The comparison for him is Russell Wilson. He actually played in a baseball game last year for the Yankees.

Sir Andy Mahowry
10-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Brandon Mebane's daughter has died.

"She passed away Jan. 3," Mebane told reporters, per the Chargers' website. "She wasn't getting better so we had to make a decision. She kept having bleeds from the stomach, and then when they tried to feed her, it wasn't good for her liver."

:(

Dan
10-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Well that sucks :(

In lighter news, Alabama DT Raekwon Davis has, surprisingly, decided to go back to college.

Sir Andy Mahowry
11-01-2019, 02:35 PM
We've removed Mornhinweg as OC, Greg Roman has taken his spot.

Dan
11-01-2019, 05:30 PM
Well that sucks :(

In lighter news, Alabama DT Raekwon Davis has, surprisingly, decided to go back to college.

Deionte Thompson going back as well. Quinnen Williams is gone though, as are Jonah Williams, Irv Smith Jr & Josh Jacobs :drool:

Still waiting on official Kyler news, but at this point they should probably be calling a press conference for an hour before the deadline to declare.

Ohio State QB Tate Martell is looking to transfer now they’ve picked up Justin Fields. He & Jalen Hurts are probably the two most interesting guys up for grabs.