User Tag List

Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2996

Thread: The Football Manager 2017 Thread - Sponsored by Brexit.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole point is that you're at the mercy of fortune and could end up without a decent left back for 20 years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could prove problematic. I seem to get wingers, goalkeepers or full backs.

Other than those already on the books at the start, I would say this geezer has been the best midfielder we've had and he's struggling to get a look in this season.

I found the players I sent on loan for six months in January mostly benefited more than they did featuring for our U23's, I figured the facilities and coaching we have would have made a bigger difference as I'm sure I read that somewhere.

I should probably look to change tactic but it's working well despite meaning wingers aren't high on my list.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet jesus, why have you not turned player faces off? I'd not ever want to click on him again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunter is worse. I'm sure he's a bit...inbred.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must make newgens creepy on purpose. The 'random face' generator when you create a manager is way better; they actually look like real people.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand why they all look so fucked. They were fine in previous versions.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they don't properly QA stuff before they release it

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of stuff in this version would make you wonder if they even play it at all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post

Same happened on my save, although they didn't chuck Mourinho.

They've won the Premiership 11 times in my save (8 in a row right now), 4 Champions Leagues, 1 Euro Cup, 2 FA Cups and 5 EFL cups.

Not too bad.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Because they don't properly QA stuff before they release it
    Well obviously I'm aware of that, but the game is what, 2/3 months old now and they're still fucked. How hard can it be to patch it?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 19/20

After the really disappointing end to last season I decided to clear out a lot of the Norwich players I'd inherited that were either a) getting old or b) were never that good in the first place.

I had planned to relax the purse strings a bit more, but through a combination of work permit fuckwitery, clubs asking for obscene amounts and just losing out to bigger clubs, only these three joined.

Toggle Spoiler

Overall that meant I've had to rely a lot on the youngsters I've brought in over the last 3 seasons, which I was worried would harm us, but once again we're firmly mid-table as we hit the halfway point.

van Ginkel's contract expires in 18 months and the git wants £80k to renew, which would totally fuck my wage structure. Real are sniffing around him (even though I've set an asking price of £50m) so I might try and force that move in the 2020 Winter window.

The training facilities are now state of the art, with Youth Facilities currently being upgraded again from superb. We've also just tipped over £100m in the bank for the first time and with the wage spend down to £630k p/w (only |Fulham in the Premier League are spending less) so we should be well set towards building a new stadium as soon as the board will let me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my third consecutive Champions league and Premier league double with Bolton. Lost in the FA cup final again (the only thing I've been unable to win). Spent the summer harnessing the best youths in Europe, but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with this save as my team is just too good. Southampton and West Ham are both in the Championship and I'm hoping one of them will sack their manager so I could move there.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of players are you able to attract now, Yev? I'd have thought you might sign a bigger name that season.

The left-back looks a find.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really attract that many players, not being in Europe really does damage that.

I could have spent a lot more than I have I guess, but I was trying to keep things reasonably realistic and in the realms of what Norwich would do in reality, which sadly, isn't spend much money.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play. You must be looking forward to the next couple youth intakes with those facilities.

Have you decided on any goals or taking it as it comes?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to miss this lad in a big way. Season and a half on loan but they won't budge under his release clause of €82m.

PFA Player of the Year, FWA Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year, and Golden Boot. Absolute beast.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I forgot to mention, I could sign a 34 year old Wayne Rooney (for the lols), but it'd be such a mistake. His technical stats are reasonable still, but physically, he's a wreck.

First actual signing of the window is this chap.

£9m from Twente.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Fair play. You must be looking forward to the next couple youth intakes with those facilities.

Have you decided on any goals or taking it as it comes?
    I'd love to get a new stadium actually, probably more than anything else at the moment. I think Carrow Road can only be expanded to fit 33,000 in (which we've hit and haven't been able to ask for an increase on for ages now). Delia keeps knocking back my requests for a new one though, citing that we don't have the demand.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marco Veratti has just joined Man Utd in my game for £110m. Must be the biggest transfer I've ever seen from the cpu in FM/CM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the downside to starting with a big club, I guess.

Maxed out too easily.

If I understood how to get 5 star coaches better then my youth will improve more, right? I've never been able to fill get them all to 5 stars.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I've never understood about coaches, is what gains do you get by having youth ones as opposed to just training the kids using the first team ones?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've changed pace for a bit and gone to an international game with Antigua & Barbuda, for a little break before I go back to a club game which tend to end up doing my head in. The squad is pretty fun, the biggest name probably being Dexter Blackstock, as well as whom there are a couple of players from the lower reaches of the Football League, several from non-league and the rest based in Antigua who, apart from legendary frontman Peter Byers, are all shite. There are a few others in the English leagues who have Antiguan nationality but won't play for us as of yet, most notably Che Adams at Birmingham, so hopefully a couple might switch allegiance at some point once they realise that the England call will not be coming.

Early doors we find ourselves in the Caribbean Cup, but first an odd friendly double header against Bonaire, which I didn't know was even a country or indeed a place of any kind, but apparently it is. It was nice to shake hands with their head of state, the Fresh Prince. A 1-1 draw over in wherever the fuck Bonaire is (from the names I'm guessing it's an old Dutch colony) was followed by a 2-0 win at home once I switched to 4-2-4, which gets the best out of our meagre talents.

For the Caribbean Cup itself, to make the semis and qualify for the Gold Cup we had to top a three-team group which also featured Jamaica and Barbados. Jamaica started the party by thrashing Barbados 5-1, so we had to do the same but could only manage a 4-2 win. We therefore went into the Jamaica game needing to beat them, which is a tall order given all of their players are better than all of ours. Nevertheless, we raced into a 2-0 lead, with goals from Grimsby and Margate players, before this happened:

Toggle Spoiler

Pretty much writing the book on second half collapses but the skill and fitness differentials made it rather inevitable. I thought that was our long shot at the Gold Cup gone but no, apparently if we get through another labyrinthine set of playoffs we may yet get there. We now have another three-team group involving Cuba and Suriname, which we have to top to get into yet another round of playoffs. It's all quite fun though and doesn't yet make me want to smash the laptop to pieces like club football does.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got bob hope getting Che Adams to Antigua, Jimmy. He's a beast of a player.

You should have relived Botswana!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not going to play for England, though, so he should bloody well be playing for me.

The sheer excitement when I discover some two-bit midfielder at Woking with an Antiguan passport that hadn't come up in previous searches could not be replicated with Botswana.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do a story if you get into it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't got that much time, pithy updates are all you'll get.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton 2021/22.

Premier League

Champions League

Transfers

Squad Stats

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're back in the league cup final again.

To play Guardiola's Man City.

Europe would be teh awesome.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I've never been able to fill get them all to 5 stars.
    You can get a max 5 stars in all but you'll need like a 50/60 year career. At the start, with opening coaches and going off Geniescout, its impossible to get 5 star in all categories unless you can attract Guardiola and other managers to your coaching team. Occasionally some regens/retired stars can reach 5 stars, but its rare as feck.

I used Genie Scout for my entire coaching staff and I think 3 or so of the categories are still 4 and a half stars, in 2022 going on 2023.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much are you enjoying Colidio, Giggles? Why so few starts?

I've just hit January after a month long slog. Nine matches in five different competitions, four different countires with one being Egypt for the Club World Cup. Not so bad except I have a squad of 24. two of whom were injured throughout. In that run we knocked Fulham out the EFL, beat LA Galaxy and Gremio in the nonsense cup, victory over Shahkter ensured top spot in the Champions League. Final four teams drawn for the knock out was ourselves, Dortmund, Man United and Basel. I'll let you guys guess who got who.

We actually have Man United next, traiing them by eight points and ten behind league leaders City althrough we have three games in hand. Touch and go but again I think top four is going to be a good result. Media have predicted 6th.

Look at the state of that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    You can get a max 5 stars in all but you'll need like a 50/60 year career. At the start, with opening coaches and going off Geniescout, its impossible to get 5 star in all categories unless you can attract Guardiola and other managers to your coaching team. Occasionally some regens/retired stars can reach 5 stars, but its rare as feck.

I used Genie Scout for my entire coaching staff and I think 3 or so of the categories are still 4 and a half stars, in 2022 going on 2023.
    Would you say it makes a great deal of difference?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    Would you say it makes a great deal of difference?
    Nah I'm always happy with 4 star or above to be honest. 4 and a half star is fecking amazing, 5 star is just a wee bump up. Its fairly easy to get 5 star in GK and Fitness though.

Plus I always make my manager at least a 4 and a half star coach (5 star with the top badges) in Attacking as that seems the hardest to find.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost 2-3 to Cuba and 3-4 to Suriname, which sounds fun enough but the game between the other two finished 5-5. Maybe everyone's been smoking the usual Caribbean fare. Or maybe, as with all recent versions of FM, there are simply too many shots and too many goals.

Giggles: Hauling Flotow in the Champions League final

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking of staff, Boro just nicked my Assistant Manager and upon looking for another one I can across this beast.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Lost 2-3 to Cuba and 3-4 to Suriname, which sounds fun enough but the game between the other two finished 5-5. Maybe everyone's been smoking the usual Caribbean fare. Or maybe, as with all recent versions of FM, there are simply too many shots and too many goals.

Giggles: Hauling Flotow in the Champions League final
    He started right wing for the first time as I wanted him and Colidio to both play. He's definitely a striker.

Keeps dedicating his awards to me and Southampton are his favourite club. I'm still contemplating stumping up the €82m to get him and going with 2 up front with him and Colidio.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's scoring better than a goal a game and has those stats, surely it's worth sinking part of the city in order to make it happen.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 5 in fitness and tactics (I gave Raul Herrera quite a bit to come to ours as a coach). The rest are 4.5, I can't find 5s in the rest in my game.

I also use genie scouts for coaches (fuck filters, I've been burnt too many times), they say one of my GK coaches should be a 5 star but he isn't :\

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Talking of staff, Boro just nicked my Assistant Manager and upon looking for another one I can across this beast.

I've got Jaap too, he was 5* in defending for me but he's dropped down to 4.5 this season.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's scoring better than a goal a game and has those stats, surely it's worth sinking part of the city in order to make it happen.
    I must have a look at the finances too. I think the club is rich again after a brief spell of okay a couple of years ago. I've renewed some contracts lately though and they're astronomical - Kerkhofs, van Dijk, Suarez, and Keita are all on over €200k a week.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So despite having the best youth facilities I've ever had, my youth intake this season were all absolute shite.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck yeah!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    So despite having the best youth facilities I've ever had, my youth intake this season were all absolute shite.
    That comes from youth recruitment doesn't it?

You need to get into the Norfolk schools.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, yeah, meant Youth Recuitment.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my transfer kitty; €96m, happy days, but they've given him a new deal with a €117m release clause. He only cost them €82,000 a week too

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barter, you can get him.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've turned down up as far as €92m as it is. Looks like Colidio it is next season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youth intake arrived and I got well excited.

But no. Not mine.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't had a son and it's now 2013 (11/03 for the intake this year, Smiff) so they're right on the realism with that

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you put a Genie Scout shortlist into the game itself? Every time I try to import one it errors out.