Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we get Dallas v Philly in the NFC championship game

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natty tonight @Foe

Might watch it live even though I have work tomorrow. Should probably try to nap before but I won’t.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    College football needs a Game Pass.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100%. I’d happily pay to get condensed games & all-22 film.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd happily pay just to see games. When I could get NASN (as it was called then) I used to watch way more college than NFL.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haskins has declared. Byron Murphy (CB, Washington, probable first rounder) & David Montgomery (RB, Iowa State, top three back in the class & likely second rounder) too, and Tyree Jackson (QB, Buffalo) has decided to fuck off his plan to transfer & has declared instead.
    Last edited by Dan; 07-01-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wiki updated and all. I remember watching him play in college

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_LaFleur

EDIT: Actually no, I'm thinking of Matt Mauck.

Last edited by Giggles; 07-01-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. He's moved up pretty quickly, but I guess that's what happens when you can put Sean McVay & Kyle Shanahan on your references at a time when everyone's trying to get the next Sean McVay or Kyle Shanahan.

On the other side of things, Mariota's going to have had four different OCs before the end of his rookie deal. No wonder he's barely developed.

And of course I've been trying not to fall asleep for the last hour, having failed to nap earlier 11pm coffee has failed, so I guess it's time to get on the sugar.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I fucking hate anthem time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit

This could be a cracker going by the first three minutes. I was just about to say Clemson's offence has looked iffy so far, then they get a big chunk & convert on the next play. 21pts in less than five game minutes
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so here are all the potential top 50 selections playing in this game.

Quinnen Williams, DT
    Raekwon Davis, DT
    Joshua Jacobs, RB
    Damien Harris, RB
    Irv Smith, TE
    Deionte Thompson, S
    Jonah Williams, LT

Christian Wilkins, DT
    Clelin Ferrell, EDGE
    Trayvon Mullen, CB

Tua Tagovailoa, QB
    Najee Harris, RB
    Mack Wilson, LB
    Jerry Jeudy, WR
    Dylan Moses, LB
    Devonta Smith, WR
    Henry Ruggs, WR

Tee Higgins, WR
    Travis Etienne, RB
    Isaiah Simmons, S

Jaylen Waddle, WR
    Patrick Surtain, CB

Trevor Lawrence, QB
    Justyn Ross, WR
    Xavier Thomas, EDGE

And that's a fairly conservative list.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Jacobs is a stud - bangs ahead for a short fourth down conversion from the wildcat twice, then jukes a defender out of his shoes a few plays after the second one.

Shame Tua chucked one up to Trayvon Mullen afterwards, mind.

EDIT: Anfernee Jennings is the new JJ Swat. Two batted passes already, and I think they said earlier he has 11 this season

Look at this. What scenes You know 'bama are going to come out pissed in the second half though.

And still more scenes before the half:

Matt Miller will be wanking himself silly over Trayvon Mullen having a pick & a sack already.

Look at Trevor Lawrence's arm - slung that miles out of bounds & barely looked to try. He's just strolling his way through this game as well.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a compelling first half of football that was. And now, Imagine Dragons sound like shit featuring Little Wayne, who also sounds like shit, and is dressed like this.

I'd have rather had an entire show consisting of 'different' renditions of Star Spangled Banner.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stuck this school sports day on about ten minutes ago and immediately I've got Dabo fucking Swinney on my screen being full of shit.

I watched the 'Hawaii Bowl' a couple of weeks ago, in which an edge rusher named Jaylon Ferguson broke Terrell Suggs' college sack record and generally looked very good throughout. I looked him up afterwards and several draft predictor chappies were saying he'll be lucky to get drafted at all, and doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL player. That seems mad.

I know the college and pro games aren't the same, but surely someone breaking records in one is at least worth a serious look in the other?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll get drafted, but probably on day three. He plays in Conference USA, which is trash, as you can see by their schedule, so that's probably made it easy for people to doubt him. He's been consistently productive all four seasons though, and got 2 sacks against the only good team he played all season (Mississippi State) so someone will give him a shot. I'd imagine he'll be on the all star circuit too (can't remember if he's at the Senior Bowl or not), which will help him.

I've been watching Daniel Jones, the Duke QB who some people have talked up as a first rounder, and I just don't see it. He's got some size, he can run a bit, and he's done some pro-type stuff, but his arm isn't anything special, he puts too much air under the ball a lot of the time, he's not that great under pressure & he has Alex Smith Syndrome - I saw him throw a 1yd drag route on a 3rd & 9 against Miami & he still didn't hit the receiver in stride. He's okay, but I'm not sure he's going to be anything special - probably in the Keenum, Dalton, Smith tier. I'd say third round seems fair.

EDIT: That fake FG from 'bama

OOOOHHH SHIIIIIIIITTTT Justyn Ross just killed Saivion Smith, and Deionte Thompson has not been having his finest game today.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about the organisation of the college game, other than that the players don't get paid which is a shambles, so I take less than nothing from that link.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He beat up on guys who will be working at Burger King next summer, basically. If you take out Mississippi State there are probably 10 NFL players on all the other teams they played combined. The level of dominance he had will get him a look, though, especially if he has a good run to the draft.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Justyn Ross is going to be a stud in a year or two. I bloody love Hunter Renfrow as well.

Mitch Hyatt, on the other hand, fucking sucks. That sack he just gave up with embarrassing.

Three calls reversed in favour of Clemson now
    Scratch that, he's already a stud.

EDIT: And I may have cursed him

Nope, still a beast.

We have two more years of Lawrence throwing to Ross
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just unreal. Have we ever seen Alabama get completely crushed before?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He beat up on guys who will be working at Burger King next summer, basically. If you take out Mississippi State there are probably 10 NFL players on all the other teams they played combined. The level of dominance he had will get him a look, though, especially if he has a good run to the draft.
    So he's essentially compiled a good goalscoring record over a few years in League Two but those draft guys are correct not to be telling Harry Kane to watch his arse?

For future reference, and I said this earlier in the thread, I'm a Browns man. From my limited draft prospect awareness I want them to take N'Keal Harry in the first, but beyond that I know fuck all.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's about right

I have family in Cleveland, so they're my second team. I like N'Keal Harry, and I think I've seen that pick suggested once or twice, actually. They could use an offensive tackle & a cornerback as well. CB is probably the position with the least talent this year, but O-line is solid & WR is really deep, so they can probably go about it in any order depending on who falls to them in the first round.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just an all time great performance from Clemson.

EDIT: Bama have given up & sent Jalen Hurts in. They've been dominated so much that NICK SABAN has waved the white flag.
    Last edited by Dan; 08-01-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first year being interested in the sport, beyond the hilarious names it throws up and the occasional YouTube clip of some outrageous athleticism.

I picked the Browns before the season because they'd been the worst two years running. I reckon if you're getting into a new sport and want or need to pick a team, you should always take the team at the bottom of the pile.

As it turns out, though, I've taken a team with serious promise.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if you'd got in two years earlier the Browns probably would've been bad enough to put you off the NFL altogether.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I got interested in the sport thanks to a mate, so I was already on board with the sport as a whole before I picked my team.

As it turns out, I've chosen the team with the second brightest future in the league, with only the Chiefs and that mad prick they've plonked in at QB as a more obviously promising side. Baker, Njoku, Garrett, and Ward all look like they have the potential to be number one players in their positions.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clemson were so fucking good there. Recorded it and watched it today and my god that was satisfying.

Trevor Lawrence and justyn Ross have two more years together. Two more years.

The clemson defence just donned it. Bama just gave up. What a great sight.

Also, I bloody love Maria Taylor.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    So he's essentially compiled a good goalscoring record over a few years in League Two but those draft guys are correct not to be telling Harry Kane to watch his arse?

For future reference, and I said this earlier in the thread, I'm a Browns man. From my limited draft prospect awareness I want them to take N'Keal Harry in the first, but beyond that I know fuck all.
    If you dominate and have he physique you can make it big though. Look at ali marpet coming from division 3 and being a second round pick by the bucs.

Need to properly stand out though, because if you're that talented, you should do.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you get one or two a year from the tiny schools. Nasir Adderley, a safety from Delaware, is another one to look out for this year - he's got a growing number of draft guys tipping him as a serious player, and I've seen him projected as a first rounder more than once.

Sounds like we're getting Bruce Arians to the Bucs & Kliff Kingsbury to the Cardinals. Both should be good moves for their offences. Meanwhile, the Broncos are picking between Vic Fangio & Mike Munchak.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some jump for Kingsbury.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I've just seen that there is a WR in college called Lil'Jordan Humphrey after browsing a Ravens mock draft.

I thought the Lil was just the author taking the piss.
    He's declared now

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need him.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    That's some jump for Kingsbury.
    Fired as head coach of Texas Tech, quickly gets a job as offensive co-ordinator at USC & leaves within a few weeks to be head coach of an NFL team. The well trodden path to the NFL.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, spotted he was at USC and thought it was a really odd move. This ones even weirder, but hey ho. Maybe they want him to mould Rosen into a mahomes he had at texas tech.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the Mahomes he couldn't win with? Also had Baker & chose Davis Webb instead, so 'good judge of talent' might not be the first line of his resume.

Still, he should scheme up something interesting for Josh Rosen & whatever the fuck else they manage to scrape together to make an offence,

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Arizona. They don't win anyway.

Might as well try the air raid. Remember that machines vs baker battle that lasted hours... ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that Mahomes got autocorrected to machines there.

Bucs had to trade Arizona for Bruce Arians as they still owned his rights Sixth for a seventh, so nothing actually significant, but still. They’ve also got Byron Leftwich & Todd Bowles in as co-ordinators to continue the reunion.

Falcons have given Dirk Koetter their OC role. Kingsbury has been confirmed in Arizona, and apparently the Browns are down to Freddie Kitchens & Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski.

EDIT: It's Kitchens in Cleveland, who've got rid of Gregg Williams, & Fangio in Denver, who have hired Gary Kubiak as OC. Also talk that Todd Bowles hasn't actually finalised a deal with Tampa Bay, and is in talks to take over as the DC in Chicago.
    Last edited by Dan; 09-01-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tre Lamar, Dexter Lawrence & Trayvon Mullen have all declared from Clemson, as has Oklahoma OT Bobby Evans. I did wonder if the suspension would be enough for Dexter to go back to school, but he should still be fine.

I've been watching Daniel Jones recently & I've come to two conclusions:

1. Dude is not a first round QB - his accuracy isn't spectacular, his arm's nothing special, he throws short of the sticks on third down all the time & he's the least athletic 'mobile' QB you can imagine.
    2. Motherfucker has THE WORST receivers I have ever seen - must be ten catchable passes dropped every game. He's not putting them all in perfect spots, but NFL guys would be expected to catch them all. TE Daniel Helm is the only guy with two functioning hands on the entire team.
    Last edited by Dan; 09-01-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gase to NY. McCarthy must be sickened.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vance Joseph & Dowell Loggains likely to be the co-ordinators

It’s becoming a serious possibility that Kyler Murray is going to declare

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Baylor guy apparently turned them down as he wouldn't have been allowed pick his own staff.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Murray lad sounds like a complete fuck about merchant. Could you really risk a first overall pick in him (like Kingsbury said he would), or any high pick, when he could easily fuck off to baseball anyway?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really he'd be 'fucking off' to the NFL. He's already been drafted in baseball, and he's already received a five million signing bonus. It's an interesting situation. If he does go to the NFL the baseball team that drafted him with the ninth overall pick get nothing.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Really he'd be 'fucking off' to the NFL. He's already been drafted in baseball, and he's already received a five million signing bonus. It's an interesting situation. If he does go to the NFL the baseball team that drafted him with the ninth overall pick get nothing.
    He sounds like someone that'll fuck off to both football and baseball about twenty times over the next six months.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comparison for him is Russell Wilson. He actually played in a baseball game last year for the Yankees.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandon Mebane's daughter has died.

"She passed away Jan. 3," Mebane told reporters, per the Chargers' website. "She wasn't getting better so we had to make a decision. She kept having bleeds from the stomach, and then when they tried to feed her, it wasn't good for her liver."

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that sucks

In lighter news, Alabama DT Raekwon Davis has, surprisingly, decided to go back to college.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've removed Mornhinweg as OC, Greg Roman has taken his spot.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that sucks

In lighter news, Alabama DT Raekwon Davis has, surprisingly, decided to go back to college.
    Deionte Thompson going back as well. Quinnen Williams is gone though, as are Jonah Williams, Irv Smith Jr & Josh Jacobs

Still waiting on official Kyler news, but at this point they should probably be calling a press conference for an hour before the deadline to declare.

Ohio State QB Tate Martell is looking to transfer now they’ve picked up Justin Fields. He & Jalen Hurts are probably the two most interesting guys up for grabs.
    Last edited by Dan; 11-01-2019 at 05:52 PM.