User Tag List

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably just being thick but where is that leaderboard from, Baz?

Gray Fox - I like the idea of those challenges.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    I'm probably just being thick but where is that leaderboard from, Baz?

Gray Fox - I like the idea of those challenges.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It doesn't if you just use the replacement db/lnc/edt files where you delete the ones that break it, does it? I think it's just when you add files to the 'editor data' like those that fix kit colours or whatever. Juventus, Porto and Man Utd have the correct names on mine.

Unless everyone else can't see me on their leaderboard, of course.
    If you can see yourself then you're eligible, I've never seen my name on one until just now.

Although I do usually buy the in game editor when I do my Journeyman games. It's to see the finances of teams because I think the FM system is horseshit. A team with "Secure" finances could be well into the red and "Okay" can be in the green for example.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Baz, I was thinking more about how you've found the TTH players.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    Thanks Baz, I was thinking more about how you've found the TTH players.
    Oh. They’re on my Steam Friends list.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've even got Mr Chorizo "Benny" on my list.

He's on 4.8m with Pompey.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newcastle got relegated on my save. Spent £276m first season and came 16th, then spent £111m and came 19th. They’ve spent £36m this year so will see how they fare in the Championship.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They got relegated on mine too. But then, they bough Paulinho, so they clearly deserved it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A for CB's

Although the way the team is playing I might not even survive to see how good they actually are.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm absolutely SEETHING, when I bought the guy for £6.25k (see last page) I could only offer him a 1 year contract.

He's now agreed to move to another club at the end of the season as he didn't want to negotiate with us.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Island Invaders: The Portu-Geezers are Coming

After having a look around some leagues and also those being played in here, I've decided Portugal is the place for my challenge. I narrowed it down to 3 teams almost immediately but a closer look has landed me in the Azores.

What drew me here? Well like most of you probably are aware, the Azores are an island off the coast of Portugal. What I didn't know until looking was just how far they are away.

The best part about this is there are 2 clubs in Liga NOS not even in this picture. Maritmo and Nacional are both below where the image ends on their own island.

As for facilities, there isn't much out here. Training facilities are below average, youth facilities are poor. Youth recruitment is also basic.

We play at Estadio de Sao Miguel. It's old-ish, finished in 1978 and can hold 10,000 spectators on a match day. A quick Google suggests a good day will see us half fill it. It is also owned by the council, though the rent is listed as nominal.

Portugal

The country itself is an interesting one in football terms. The country has 2 cup competitions which are in the most part hotly contested. The Taca de Portugal, the main cup, has actually been won by 7 different clubs in the past 9 years. No one has retained it since 2011.

The more recent Taca de Liga, known by sponsorship name, the Allianz Cup, has also had 4 different winners in the past 5 years.

I do not believe the Allianz Cup provides any European entry with winning it, but the UEFA Conference League does not start first season in FM21.
    Currently the Taca de Portugal provides entry to the group stage of the Europa League to the winner.

As for the league itself. In case you didn't know, there have only been 5 separate winners of Liga NOS since its inception in 1935. Two of those winners have only the one league title to their name as well. The rest have been hoovered up by the "big 3." Even calling it that would have been pushing it a few months ago. Sporting had not won a title since '02, before they won one in real life the season just gone.

Benfica are the clear top dogs in terms of money and sponsorship income.

Santa Clara

We have a media prediction of 14th. The board seem to accept this quite well too as even their 5 year plan(great feature addition) only has us breaching the top half at the end of it.

In terms of money, we have no money. Well, there's just shy of £800k in the kitty. Likely just not enough for an upgrade to any of the facilities either.

Looking to the playing staff, we have a lot of Brazilians on board. This raises a question on a home grown players only save. Some of them have Portugal as a 2nd nationality. Am I allowed to keep these or no?

However far and away our best player is CB, Fabio Cardoso:

Note, he is already wanted. Given the financial situation we face, it would be quite tough to turn down an offer around or above his value.

To put the finances into perspective, our wage bill is £46k p/w, highest earned gets £2.1k p/w. Jan Vertonghen at Benfica is on our entire wage budget by himself.

We are however in a sweet spot for potential young players here though. The league is of good enough quality, if a player is any good he'll also likely be straight into our first team. Prime for development.

The challenge from here seems simple but may well be quite tough. Take our bunch of Portu-geezers and invade from the island. I've not done a challenge like this before so I may need some luck.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking to the playing staff, we have a lot of Brazilians on board. This raises a question on a home grown players only save. Some of them have Portugal as a 2nd nationality. Am I allowed to keep these or no?
    I vote yes. I am allowing second nationality Poles in my team.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Good talents":

Decent dickheads:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I hate this game.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a yes from me, Gray Fox.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost in the World Cup Playoff final with Poland and then Lewandowski (who has scored about 95% of our goals) retired

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, second nationality gets a yes from me too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santa Clara 😎 I'm in the Portuguese third division at the moment slumming it up. Welcome

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Situation after my first 5 games at Penarol. As expected we are duelling it out with Nacional. Nothing to split us so far.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the first pre season game only to have it crash repeatedly on leaving it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try holidaying through that one (or have your AssMan take charge)?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldnt get past the date no matter what. Out of interest tried setting up a new save and the same thing has happened.

Suggest either something is wrong with the install of the game(perhaps the real name fix being dodgy), or something is wrong with my PC.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Lost in the World Cup Playoff final with Poland and then Lewandowski (who has scored about 95% of our goals) retired

GAME OVER, that.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    During a 3am, the baby won't sleep, youtube hole, I found this. Something I'll be doing after a few seasons I think.
    I've spent the last hour doing this. If it comes out shit I'm hunting you down.

I had to manually do a couple of teams for the Polish First Division and most of them for the second division.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

GAME OVER, that.
    I asked him to reconsider and he told me to get fucked.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are our generated kits for the first season:

They're alright but I might re-roll them. Some of the other kits in the league do look brilliant though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Settled on these:

This thing is amazing.

Unfortunately some of the away kits look a bit shit because the guy who made the Polish sponsorships didn't make any silhouette versions, hopefully he fixes that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone noticed anything a bit odd with how MLS teams deal with players?

I signed Julian Araujo on a free at the start of my 3rd season. I noticed his career stats said he'd had 22 clubs which I thought was a bit much for a 21 year old.

I'm now into March of this 3rd season and Toronto have just offered me over £1m for him. I'm half way inclined to accept on the assumption that they'll just release him for a 6th time and I can have him back on a free.

I've also had LA Galaxy sign a player who was on my shortlist for £1.4m and release him less than a month later (I currently have him on trial).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely fucking seething.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce & Poland 2021/22 Season Update:

Transfers In:

In the mid-season window we added the following guys on a free:

Barely played but I think he could be quite handy for us next year with his pace.

Another bought for next year, he was found by my scouts.

I also brought in a load of loans to try and pack the squad out a bit.

Transfers Out:

Mis was one of my better players when I took over but he was consistently one of our worst performers, in my monthly staff meetings I was always being told to speak to him about his bad form. By December I had grown tired of his shitness and decided I'd sell him in the February window, he went to a fellow second division team and didn't do all that well.

The other two were non-Poles and had to be sold, I'd have liked to have kept Boda as his potential was alright.

League:

It was rough and I thought we might have got dragged into a relegation scrap, whilst it was possible for us to be relegated until the penultimate game I don't think we were ever in any real danger. So streaky though and I was constantly tweaking my tactic trying to get more out of the team but it usually didn't result in much.

Oh and we got dumped out of the cup in the first round as I played the reserves.

Squad Stats:

Player of the season is probably Gorski although Chelmecki (who I hoped would end the season well) ended the season on fire and pushed him close.

So many players were utter dogshit though.

Finances:

We're in a spot of bother here. We're making fuck all money and we have a loan which is taking £12.5k away from us each month (thankfully the repayments end in two months) and the player wages are too high, even though I've been below budget all season. I think I might have to send most of the team out the door and just loan 99% of the squad next season.

Poland:

We were never going to toppled England (who we've drawn along with Spain and the Czech Republic in the Nations League ) so it was down to coming second. Thankfully we managed it despite a wobble against Hungary.

In the playoffs we easily beat Top Ireland and despite being better than Sweden they got a late goal to see them to the World Cup. This awful news was then followed up by Lewandowski retiring from international duty to really fuck us over.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    This feels apt.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The end of our first Premier League season and it's been a pretty successful one. Man United didn't lose until they'd won the league and their incredible points tally would have gone some way to seeing our haul enough for a Champions League spot.

Losing our final two games of the season saw us finish fourth instead of runners-up, but I wasn't overly fussed. The other two defeats on that screen were in the domestic cup finals, on penalties in the league cup to Man United and after extra time against Man City.

We'll look to see where we can strengthen in the summer. Iirc we've been given about £40m to spend and with the lure of European football, our scope should be wider. Priority number one and two will be to see if we can make any obvious staff improvements, and see which youngsters we can bring in.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite the achievement considering your squad looks bereft of any standout quality.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 points

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grant putting in some serious yards.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karlan Grant's stats are skewed slightly by his piss taking against lower league opposition in the League Cup.

You're right Baz, there's no genuine stand out quality. We're just solid enough all round, have a deep squad and play to our strengths (quick counter attacks). Once I have a more technical squad, my plan is to change the player instructions on the five attack minded players to shorter passing. At the moment it would probably be too disadvantageous.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also currently scouting over 800 players who fit my criteria.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The expectations suit us - I'm still planning on deploying the cautious mentality style away from home so we'll stay solid defensively, and counter attacking is a given at the moment, as is signing young players.

Aiming to avoid relegation is a bit daft, but I imagine next season we'll still be one of the favourites for the drop.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fucking don. I brought him on at halftime and he shat on those Spanish pricks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper FA Cup head that guy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My summer signings have been mostly youngsters who won't join for anywhere up to 18 months.

My main signing:

He should be fantastic. Already a natural in the position I'll play him, ticks pretty much all the boxes, and will possibly become our best player (on paper) despite being only 20. The only slight concern might be that he likes to come deep to get the ball. As a conventional striker or deep-lying forward that would be ideal, but as a shadow striker I'll need to make sure he isn't dropping too deep.

Another young lad and another forward, but one I couldn't resist. I've been tracking him for ages but had nothing in terms of transfer budget or wage until the summer, so was glad we could still get him. He's about as good as Karlan Grant but I'll consider loaning him as he won't get loads of opportunities unless I change tactic.

And in somewhat surprising news:

I base my team around acceleration, pace and dribbling first and foremost, as well as youth of course. The one position where acceleration and pace isn't necessarily required is defensive midfield and the deep-lying playmaker. I'm still experimenting with this position as it's an area where a player is needed, but it's hard to get the best out of them. Thiago has brilliant technical ability, vision and all round mentals, and it'll be interesting to see how he performs: it'll give me a much better idea of what is needed in that role.

I do also have a 17 year old centre back from Mexico arriving soon who looks a superb prospect.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Said defender has now turned 18 and arrived.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 determination. Woof.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After taking over halfway through the season in the first year and winning the teams first every silverware with the Latvijas Kauss hopes where high for my first full season in charge.

It went well.

Mostly down to one man!

The plan was to only stay for the length of my contract, but a crack at Champions League qualification rounds is too tempting, so I signed on for another year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you get a decent chance at proper European football as well as (if memory serves me well) you just need to win one tie to make it to the Conference League groups at least. Or maybe it's two but the first tie you play is an absolute joke.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ten games in and we're unbeaten. It's been a solid if unspectacular start - unbeaten is obviously great, however there's a little bit of inconsistency creeping in and a fair bit of rotation happening due to the squad dynamics and Champions League games.

As you can see, the players are generally performing well.

Defeat on penalties in the league cup but everything else has been fine.

However this was a bit gutting, just days before the Man United game. He's been superb (nine in seven in the Premier League) and very much becoming a star player, but we won't see him again until January. For comparison's sake, he's a similar sort of player to Martial, with much better defensive stats.

Champions League is going well.

I've made some medium/long term plans now that I'm seeing how we're coping with the Champions League. This season I want us to qualify for the Champions League again whilst obviously doing as well as we can in Europe, and if that's successful I think we can put a title challenge together next season. At the end of next season I'll see where we are and perhaps think about another challenge.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogon Siedlce 2022/23 Mid-Season Update:

Transfers In:

Freebie and he's been massive for us, we've conceded quite a few goals but with our old keeper we'd have conceded so much more.

Freebie, has mainly been used as an option off the bench thus far.

Freebie, signed to be one of our main strikers. His finishing is gash but he's done well so far.

Freebie again and he's been Strozik's main partner.

Freebie who I'm hoping to make some coin on at some point.

Freebie, mainly signed for that determination/flair combo.

Scout recommendation, also on a free. Sadly he broke his ankle as he's done alright the few times I've used him.

£1.4k and he's been our best player this season, he's come up with some big goals.

Freebie and he's been great but he's been struggling for fitness throughout which has caused some problems in some games.

Free. I don't like him at all but we were struggling massively for goals and I panic bought him.

I also brought in quite a few loans. Sadly two of the best loanees I had were recalled as, despite playing in every single game, they weren't being played in the right position...

Cup:

We played so well against Slask who are currently 6th in the Ekstraklasa, sadly they got a lucky goal at the end. The sad part is that it was played at our stadium which wasn't sold out (only 1300 people of the max 2.9k) with only 67 Slask fans appearing. It wasn't televised either so we didn't get a nice payday.

League:

We started well (the 3-1 loss was harsh, we deserved a point) and then we fell to shit. I changed my tactic to some park the bus bullshit to get those three 0-0's to try and stop the bleeding but it wasn't working. I then decided to just try and use one of the tactics I had made for Poland and then everything clicked. Hopefully we can keep it going through to the end of the season.

Squad:

Poland:

England are our kryptonite, thankfully we don't have them in our Euro qualification group. Lewandowski is back and scoring and he's now at 92 goals for Poland. Matty Cash (Mateusz Gotowka) said he might be interested in switching but he instantly told me to fuck off which is a shame as RB is a bit of a problem for us.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't think I'd make that much so soon from him.

Three clubs came in with 20k or so offers, I rejected and offered him out for £250k, 50% next sale and a friendly. Another team came in for him too with a worse offer which the board accepted but thankfully he chose the right team.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youth Intake day hasn't been too bad for me this year:

Here are the 3 TOP talents:

Pretty happy with that, although Pietrzak isn't natural in any position in my tactic.