Page 530 of 581 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580 ... LastLast
Results 26,451 to 26,500 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just hoping we don't get number-fucked through this Omicron spike.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Shindi, I know.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Have a listen to the guest on Joe Rogan latest podcast.

Dr Peter A McCullogh goes over the treatment of COVID 19 and the (mis)management of the response to the ongoing pandemic.

Eye opening to say the least..
    During the COVID-19 pandemic, McCullough promoted misinformation and falsehoods about COVID-19, the COVID-19 vaccine, and COVID-19 treatments.[4][5][6][7][8][9]
    First paragraph of his wiki entry lol. He was advocating hydroxychloroquine early on. Oof indeed.

EDIT:
    His wiki just gets better and better. "No evidence of asymptomatic spread". "Survivors cannot be re-infected". Etc.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 15-12-2021 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only other SCIENCE members got the same scrutiny.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    First paragraph of his wiki entry lol. He was advocating hydroxychloroquine early on. Oof indeed.

EDIT:
    His wiki just gets better and better. "No evidence of asymptomatic spread". "Survivors cannot be re-infected". Etc.
    He was also on Joe Rogan's podcast...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    If only other SCIENCE members got the same scrutiny.
    You sound like you're getting dangerously close to where I am with all this Pep.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four doses, Whitty? Four? That's insane.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prem is going to have to be stopped thanks to this shit now, lord have mercy, this is truly the end of life as we know it. Esports and NFTs, what a time to not be alive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post

EDIT:
    If you listen to it it he explains his reasoning, not saying he's right or wrong etc but still interesting to listen to

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The UK embassy are loudly celebrating the fact that they just donated 310,000 Covid vaccines to Vietnam.

Only problem... If you zoom in you can see the expiry date of September 2021 :/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    If you listen to it it he explains his reasoning, not saying he's right or wrong etc but still interesting to listen to
    That's not how SCIENCE works. Anything on Joe Rogan is a red flag for pseudo science bollocks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's that Ivermectin retard, right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Joe Rogan is only 2 letters away from Rogan Josh. Wake up sheeple.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    That's not how SCIENCE works. Anything on Joe Rogan is a red flag for pseudo science bollocks.
    Does that include Roger Penrose?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You sound like you're getting dangerously close to where I am with all this Pep.
    I don't know where you are, but it is hard not to notice that if a scientist shows up in Fox, then he is SPREADING LIES, but if he is the NPR type, it is all good. Now, I am not saying that it is wrong to scrutinize what that person is saying, I just wish we did it to everyone.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rupert Murdoch is a shit stirrer.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 16-12-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that include Roger Penrose?
    Everything.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut the fuck up and post some [min 10k word count] medical papers and educate us.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a 20 minute video on South Africa Taz. It's good news (I for one am shocked), but it does fly in the face of Whitty's "there is no good news" last night, so he's probably lying.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where you are, but it is hard not to notice that if a scientist shows up in Fox, then he is SPREADING LIES, but if he is the NPR type, it is all good. Now, I am not saying that it is wrong to scrutinize what that person is saying, I just wish we did it to everyone.
    I don't watch US news, but it seems the same here. That also makes me realise that our journalists have now had two years on this and there is never ever a single question challenging anything scientific that Whitty or anyone else says at the briefings.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the problems is that the briefings are full of political number one journos (Kuenssberg, Peston, Rigby et al) looking to catch the PM out or ask political questions rather than health journos asking health questions.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile the frozen dinners mob have come roaring back (ComRes):

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That "only allowed to leave the house for essential shopping" column is mental. There's no way these polls are actually representative of the population as a whole. They're absolutely pointless.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tagged along to my dad's retired breakfast club thing and one of the lunatic women there does a lft every time she leaves the house. I didn't think these people were real.

She proceeded to be really nasty about a few people and fire in to a Spoons english breakfast. Real benefit to society having her around.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you lot called a fry up an "English Breakfast" up there? I don't think we even call it a "Full English" down here any more.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    That "only allowed to leave the house for essential shopping" column is mental. There's no way these polls are actually representative of the population as a whole. They're absolutely pointless.
    They are representative of the population as a whole, that's the beauty of them.

People like everyone on this board, who try to have fun and interesting experiences in life, are not in the majority.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    They are representative of the population as a whole, that's the beauty of them.

People like everyone on this board, who try to have fun and interesting experiences in life, are not in the majority.
    47% of people want full lockdown? I just can't see it. I know one person that wants that. Other than that everyone is happy plodding along with masks and distancing.

It's either the way the questions are framed or simply that the people bothering to answer these polls are massive drips by default. I suspect a combination af the 2.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An even split wanting lockdown doesn't compute here either if I was to go on personal experience but neither would any vaccination uptake of greater than 20%. That's one good thing about this affair, it's been a good indicator of the mindset of peers and society as a whole.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    47% of people want full lockdown? I just can't see it. I know one person that wants that. Other than that everyone is happy plodding along with masks and distancing.

It's either the way the questions are framed or simply that the people bothering to answer these polls are massive drips by default. I suspect a combination af the 2.
    You, like everyone, mainly talk to like-minded people. If you want to imagine, go on Google Street View into a random street in Oldham or Rochdale or Basingstoke or, I dunno, Harlow, and think what every boring cunt in every one of those houses thinks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Your friend group is unlikely to be representative of the UK.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people don't just talk to their friend group, though. You have colleagues and random interactions that give you an indication of what the wider population think, which helps you gauge what the overall sentiment might be. I know full well that 47% would not be right here, although it was never going to be as high as the UK.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you lot called a fry up an "English Breakfast" up there? I don't think we even call it a "Full English" down here any more.
    I've seen it done various ways. Sometimes they'll specify a Scottish breakfast if that means it's got lorne/square, potato scones, etc. But it usually will have those so sometimes that's just a full breakfast.

About time this thread got onto something actually interesting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friends would be 100% opposed.

My family would pretty much just be "ooh, be careful!" with the exception of my Sister in Law ( who has pulled her kid out of school and still has her husband strip in the hall and immediately shower when he gets home from work).

My extended family ranges from Antigua, to Cornwall, to Newcastle and they're all plodding along.

Outside of that, my work colleagues are much the same. There was one Team Fear resident, but she has been talking about her trips to Christmas Markets (come at me Igor) etc, so her head has returned.

I also spend a large amount of my time on the phone to "customers" and 9 times out of 10 their reaction to the word Covid is "Oh, I've had enough of that rubbish".

The only setting that I encounter any real worry is from the uppermanagement and I take that to be mostly arse covering.

47% of the population is a big number. It's basically every Remain voter and I have no trouble finding them.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Most people don't just talk to their friend group, though. You have colleagues and random interactions that give you an indication of what the wider population think, which helps you gauge what the overall sentiment might be. I know full well that 47% would not be right here, although it was never going to be as high as the UK.
    Very rare to have genuine random interactions though, more likely you chat to a load of people who you share much with under the guise of 'that was a randomer'. Get down the bridge club or local ramblers scene and survey the mood.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've seen it done various ways. Sometimes they'll specify a Scottish breakfast if that means it's got lorne/square, potato scones, etc. But it usually will have those so sometimes that's just a full breakfast.

About time this thread got onto something actually interesting.
    What is Lorne? It looks like a square sausage patty? Why do we not get them down here and who do I complain to?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, square slice. I presume public health reasons are why it is rarely found outside of Scotland.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if you don't have a proper butcher near you that does it. But yeah, it comes essentially looking like a block of mince that is then sliced and fried as you'd expect. Think it's got spices through it too. I would still choose a really good 'link' sausage (if you just ask for sausage in your breakfast roll you'll get square 9/10 times so I'm in the habit of thinking of them as 'links' now) but square is good.

I'm sure we were able to get it when I lived in England from one butcher but not the supermarkets usually.

EDIT: Saying I'd be surprised if you can't is strong, but I'd say there's a reasonable chance you can get it somewhere local.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Square sausage.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to track this down now.

I'll walk up the butchers on lunch.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people talk to about 50-100 people who by definition share one or more social contexts with them. A poll is a scientifically weighted sample of the whole population. There is no comparison, the poll is far more accurate.

In this case I would say the 47% will be an alliance of WFH droids, loonies (that's about 15% of the population, of whom half will be the opposite kind of loony), and to a great extent, looking at the underlying numbers given by Comres, just legions and legions of dull people aged over 55.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 16-12-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Very rare to have genuine random interactions though, more likely you chat to a load of people who you share much with under the guise of 'that was a randomer'. Get down the bridge club or local ramblers scene and survey the mood.
    As rare as you think it may be, you take that into consideration. The only possible explanation is that 40%+ of the population are refusing to leave their house so I haven't been able to gather their opinions at the petrol station.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people talk to about 50-100 people who by definition share one or more social contexts with them. A poll is a scientifically weighted sample of the whole population. There is no comparison, the poll is far more accurate.

In this case I would say the 47% will be an alliance of WFH droids, loonies (that's about 15% of the population, of whom half will be the opposite kind of loony), and to a great extent, looking at the underlying numbers given by Comres, just legions and legions of dull people aged over 55.
    I do think it's within the realm of possibility for the UK since half the country are spastics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think it's within the realm of possibility for the UK since half the country are spastics.
    That would be surprisingly low.

It's also highly probable that only said spastics are responding to the poll.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    47% seems a tad high, but I think (for the reasons Jimmy's stated) our circles won't be that representative and there are a shitload of people who are absolutely terrified and hold the misguided belief that another lockdown would make it all go away, when in reality it just kicks the can down the road.

I hesitate to say culture war as I hate the phrase (for reasons), but is this a prime example of that? People (myself included obviously) care more about this issue than anything they have for a long long time.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The poll people know what they're doing. They wouldn't have a business if they were churning out absolute shite on a daily basis. Most of their work is for market research for businesses, the political stuff is a loss leader for marketing reasons.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockdown supporters:

Incels
    Losers
    Public Sector/3rd Sector workers
    Operational/Service private sector workers
    Mothers
    Do-gooders
    People who do 60mph in the outside lane
    People who live in new builds
    Depressed people who want everyone to be as miserable as they are

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 2-3 of those things and don't want a lockdown. Check your facts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic is atleast 3 of them herself.

I'm not even going to fix that typo.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The poll people know what they're doing. They wouldn't have a business if they were churning out absolute shite on a daily basis. Most of their work is for market research for businesses, the political stuff is a loss leader for marketing reasons.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. It's like saying newspapers wouldn't have a business if they were churning out absolute shite on a daily basis, yet here we are. There's a market for anything these days. I'm not saying all of their polls will be a load of shit, but they aren't going to be on the money every time.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but their business is in being correct.