User Tag List

Page 523 of 581 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573 ... LastLast
Results 26,101 to 26,150 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boosters available to book online now for anyone in England it seems.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone here who had the first two not going to get one?

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These cunts have to continue getting them for the remainder of their days now or risk having their worlds fall apart

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I only had my second four months ago and I don't believe the protection from that will have waned enough for me to need another one now to avoid serious illness and I don't fancy a day or two feeling like shit, so I might just leave it until I'm forced to get one to get on a plane, which will only be a matter of time anyway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side effects are for losers. Or for those with functioning immune systems, I forget. Anyway, I've had three and barely had more than a sore arm. I'm not sure why you would have two and then not another if it's being rolled out gratis and has zero impact on your life other than making it easier.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a booster on the twentieth with either Moderna or Pfizer.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First one made me feel pretty rough for 24 hours, but was clearly worth the pay off. Not sure this one is.

Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I'm not sure why you would have two and then not another if it's being rolled out gratis and has zero impact on your life other than making it easier.
    You could say the same about the flu jab and how many of us bothered going out of our way to get that? I know I never did despite thinking almost every year that I would.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get it at some point, don't think I'm at 6 months yet though. I'll probably just get it whenever my Mrs books hers for.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I'll get it at some point, don't think I'm at 6 months yet though. I'll probably just get it whenever my Mrs books hers for.
    Don't need to be now, they changed it to 3 IIRC.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    First one made me feel pretty rough for 24 hours, but was clearly worth the pay off. Not sure this one is.

You could say the same about the flu jab and how many of us bothered going out of our way to get that? I know I never did despite thinking almost every year that I would.
    I don't in anyway think I particularly need this, and there is obviously a fair amount of moral hazard in just jabbing those who don't really need it whilst those who do the world over go without, but those decisions are not within my power, so if this makes my life easier, then fine. I don't get the flu jab and probably won't unless it also becomes in some way mandatory [at least in practical terms].

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like we're in the same boat, I'll just likely leave it until it will make my life easier rather than do it now on the off chance the nonsense stops.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on getting mine in February ahead of travelling. My parents are already covered.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t the booster better than the 2 doses, and therefore worth having?

Apparently my cousin had a bad reaction to the booster and ended up in A&E overnight, but he also suffered a life altering brain injury last Christmas so that probably played a part.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Isn’t the booster better than the 2 doses, and therefore worth having?
    It is, but how much am I at risk anyway being in my early 40s and already having had two jabs, the last of which was only about 4 months ago.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    My parents are already covered.
    My Mum's just got hers - were I in a risk group I'd absolutely be doing the same ASAP.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t get my booster until May now, unless they pull in the gaps between.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on getting mine in February ahead of travelling. My parents are already covered.
    Hold up. Do you need to have the booster prior to travel?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between here and March, I'm taking no chances. I could see America going that route.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Hold up. Do you need to have the booster prior to travel?
    Not yet, but it's inevitable you will.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone here who had the first two not going to get one?
    For as long as my first two doses maintain my "fully vaccinated" status for the purpose of doing things (travelling outside the country, attending certain events) then probably not, no. No particular reason. I haven't gone anti-vax or anything like that. I just can't be fucking arsed. I can't be bothered getting jabbed in the arm every six months ad infinitum. Same reason I don't get my flu jab when it's offered every year I suppose, I just don't care about it enough.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    For as long as my first two doses maintain my "fully vaccinated" status for the purpose of doing things (travelling outside the country, attending certain events) then probably not, no. No particular reason. I haven't gone anti-vax or anything like that. I just can't be fucking arsed. I can't be bothered getting jabbed in the arm every six months ad infinitum. Same reason I don't get my flu jab when it's offered every year I suppose, I just don't care about it enough.
    I suspect there will be many millions in the same boat as you, which will accelerate the booster being needed to class as fully vaccinated.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been thinking about this the last few days in terms of the government wants everyone to be jabbed but don’t want to make it law that you have to be jabbed. The answer is surely as simple as you make anyone who isn’t jabbed life as difficult as possible. You want to go for a meal where’s you Covid vaccination? You want to get on that train where’s your Covid vaccination? You want to go in any shop that is non-essential where is your vaccination?

In the news today there seem to be small utterances of further restrictions pre Christmas and potentially more after Christmas it’s around what 10% of the adult population who haven’t been jabbed? Fine make their lives hell. Because what you can’t keep doing is shutting down the economy indefinitely because a small proportion of your population won’t have a vaccine. Or really extreme as it may sound you don’t have the jab that’s fine but you can’t use the NHS for free if you wind up in hospital with Covid expect the bill if you live or die.

Because for me at this point I’m sick to death of having done the right thing to have no benefit from it and if the government say there is going to be another lockdown between now and me having a third jab I genuinely would wonder if I would have it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, once the boosters are dished out, that's it. We'll have to crack on.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, once the boosters are dished out, that's it. We'll have to crack on.
    But we won’t. There will still be too many people unvaccinated. The thing with the NHS is a red-herring it’s not Covid it’s the fucking waiting lists. I had a referral from my GP last week got a letter yesterday current waiting list is 38 weeks. It’s not necessarily Covid that’s the issue it’s all the other shit that hasn’t been done in the last 21 months.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's less to do with the unvaccinated I think and more to do with politicians needing to perpetuate the illusion of being in control.

I mean, they could expand NHS capacity any time they liked.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    It's less to do with the unvaccinated I think and more to do with politicians needing to perpetuate the illusion of being in control.

I mean, they could expand NHS capacity any time they liked.
    Could they? Haven't we had about 8 trillion unfilled doctor vacancies for about 10 years now?

I mean, we could start offering comparable pay to the Yanks, but it's not that simple considering the funding differences.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean in terms of immediate ability to bed up covid patients (which is what allegedly causes restrictions).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could they? Haven't we had about 8 trillion unfilled doctor vacancies for about 10 years now?

I mean, we could start offering comparable pay to the Yanks, but it's not that simple considering the funding differences.
    To be fair look how much money has been pissed away and continues to be pissed away on Covid. They could fund the NHS they have just chosen not to.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I mean in terms of immediate ability to bed up covid patients (which is what allegedly causes restrictions).
    But surely the beds are only an issue because of the staff shortages. Otherwise the Nightingale Centres would have been, well... not a complete waste of money.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    To be fair look how much money has been pissed away and continues to be pissed away on Covid. They could fund the NHS they have just chosen not to.
    The problem is that the NHS is a bit of a monetary black hole. Would throwing money at it fix the problems? Maybe. Or maybe they just employ another four levels of management.

The whole NHS needs an overhaul. An ernest one, not a cost cutting one.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the theory that there will always be loads more unvaccinated people than the government claims because official population projections are balls. The supermarkets have been saying for years that the population is well over seventy million, so when the government claims that ninety per cent of people etc. actually no we are well short.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that the NHS is a bit of a monetary black hole. Would throwing money at it fix the problems? Maybe. Or maybe they just employ another four levels of management.

The whole NHS needs an overhaul. An ernest one, not a cost cutting one.
    That’s true. But no politician ever wants to take the time to fix things within government. That’s too long term all they care about is the next opinion polls.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have less grotesque fat cunts telling me I need to get vaccinated for a disease I've already had lol.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    But we won’t. There will still be too many people unvaccinated. The thing with the NHS is a red-herring it’s not Covid it’s the fucking waiting lists. I had a referral from my GP last week got a letter yesterday current waiting list is 38 weeks. It’s not necessarily Covid that’s the issue it’s all the other shit that hasn’t been done in the last 21 months.
    It's worth pointing out that the unvaccinated thing is a red herring too, in that it still spreads like wildfire if you've been vaxxed. Sure you're much less likely to be hospitalised or die from it if you've been double jabbed and/or boosted, but in a population the sixe of ours (more if Lewis and the supermarkets are correct) it takes an incredibly small percentage of people who get it badly to produce (in absolute terms) a significant number of hospitalisations. So unless the vaccines get better, the virus fucks off to the pub, or sense is finally seen, we'll be doing this for a while longer yet.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole NHS needs an overhaul. An ernest one
    10/10 if that's intentional.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's this about supermarkets and the population?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a thing years ago about supermarket[s] claiming that, based on the amount of food they were selling (and something to do with sewage), there were about ten million people unaccounted for in official statistics. The government and other losers called it a conspiracy theory and it went away, but it came up again recently when that European settled status scheme found that the 'three million' Europeans living here was actually twice that. If there is something to that then they will also be the sort of people less liable to be vaccinated (ethnics, younger people), so we are stuffed in the medium-term.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Supreme Leader of Western Australia needs to calm the fuck down.

Western Australia imposes stricter COVID-19 border rules on Queensland amid outbreak

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/western-...6QkFKJYtNOMbE0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Government scientists predicting 75000 deaths by April

They have been spot on with with all their predictions for the past 24 months.

We are doomed. DOOMED!!

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockdown ahoy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    There was a thing years ago about supermarket[s] claiming that, based on the amount of food they were selling (and something to do with sewage).
    Could that not just be explained by people being greedy bastards?
    Last edited by randomlegend; 12-12-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Could that not just be explained by people beig greedy bastards?
    I assume some products are fairly consistent on a per person basis. Or maybe they use twice the toilet paper to wipe their arses.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Taz's boiz who don't use it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Government scientists predicting 75000 deaths by April

They have been spot on with with all their predictions for the past 24 months.

We are doomed. DOOMED!!
    These model predictions are consistently batshit. I gave no idea why they are given any reporting time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the low end estimate of 25,000 seems a bit steep. We'd need over 200 deaths a day on average to get there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, since the jabs took effect in March, we've had 25,000 deaths. We're not pulling that in whatever wave's coming up.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fully vaccinated people in England who are close contacts of Covid cases will be told to take daily lateral flow tests for seven days from Tuesday.

Those who test positive, develop symptoms, or are unvaccinated should self-isolate for 10 days.

But people will not need to isolate if the tests remain negative and they have had at least two vaccine doses.

It means people in close contact with suspected or confirmed Omicron variant cases no longer need to self-isolate.

NHS lateral flow tests - which are available in boxes of seven - are free from pharmacies or via online order.
    Are we paying for those directly? You're looking at over £100 if so.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus that will have been a lot of easy targets. The ones that are left are less likely to get fucked sideways by it

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we paying for those directly? You're looking at over £100 if so.
    NHS lateral flow tests - which are available in boxes of seven - are free from pharmacies or via online order.
    It's in your quote

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.

I'm a mess after the end of the F1 race.