User Tag List

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1591

Thread: Football Manager 2021

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it when FM chucks up a ye olde-style name like Dennis Ball.

I wonder how many people have been named Dennis in the UK in the last thirty years.

I will forever regret not continuing with the United save on FM13 where I had an AMC called Clive Dickens in the year 2030 or something.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going into the Feb transfer and squad registration window, things are going surprisingly well for our Slovakian friend:

Toggle Spoiler

Red Hawks FC are the reserve squad of Hawks FC in the top division, so that's why we're only 3 points off promotion with 14 games to play (30 game league seasons ).

This is the squad sorted by my (absolutely awful) assistant's ratings before the window:

Toggle Spoiler

and after:

Toggle Spoiler

Regardless of if we go up, I think the next stop on the West African tour will be Mauritania next season - they only have one division, and it's roughly the same level as Gambia's 2nd tier, so it might be a chance to get some early silverware and get dicked by some Zimbabweans in the CAF Champs League qualifiers.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Ousman Barrow

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City End of Season 2031/32 Update - Championship

Starting with the finances.

Our first profitable season for three years, with much going on. Firstly, we're now a PLC.

And the loan was cleared upon takeover.

Training Facilities were upgraded again:

And more yuff stuff.

Would be nice to finally get someone decent through my Youth intake.

Perhaps most excitingly though, it's stadium expansion time.

And we get to play at Oxford Utd's ground (with their 13,000 capacity) while it's built.

Season Happenings

A moment, if you will, for Erik Bugarin.

I really wanted to have him score a goal in each of the top six tiers for me, but he wanted a new challenge so it was time to part ways.

An absolute hero.

Leicester came calling:

But I told them to do one.

January business was kept to a minimum but we did pick up this chap.

No work permit as of yet, but hopefully some loans will change that.

The Table

Chuffed to stay up so comfortably but it puts into sharp focus the size of the task to go up. With parachute payments to those coming down I could be in the Championship for longer than I was in League Two.

Happy with much of the squad now, but half of it is not even Championship quality and arguably the only player I have who could cut it in the Premier League is Hines. As soon as he works that out we'll be in trouble.

2032/33 Season

Started with this lovely bonus.

But even then it's only enough to give us this as a WARCHEST:

But I thought I'd treat the boys and they're off to Portugal to double team some schlags, or whatever it is footballers get up to these days.

In terms of expectations for the year ahead, I don't think we're close to being good enough for a playoff place, so survival is the aim again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you hammer through seasons so quick?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is on?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    How do you hammer through seasons so quick?
    Play a lot of Football Manager.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking love this league

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10-6. :d

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal Fixtures.

Liverpool Fixtures

Final game of the season

We needed to ensure we matched Arsenal's result pretty much, this wasn't current Arsenal, this was 2027/28 Premier League winners Arsenal. As is, we both won by two goals and we finished above them by virtue of goals scored.

From National League to Champions League in ten years.

Glorious.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking effort that Smiffster.

Who are your star men in your current squad? And what formation are you playing?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev, amazing scenes over the last two pages.

Surprising it has taken this long to start increasing stadium capacity. Surely you need to be getting to 15,000+ before you can start pulling in some decent £££ and having a serious chance of achieving Premier league.

Can you also start pilfering the Premier league rejects to improve your squad?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Quince. Genuinely no idea what it'll take to go up. The money the teams get for playing in the Premier League (+ parachute payments) is so obscene that even Roberto Martinez would struggle to not get them back up again - one season of it is more than Oxford City have earned in 12 seasons of this save.

I'll do it eventually though and then we're onto the Eibar phase of the save.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your current save has got me roaring back into Football Manager for the first time in 10 years.

Get my head around it while failing upward with Real Madrid.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Leicester came calling:

But I told them to do one.
    I take back my harsh words earlier and can only apologise, I'm back on side

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit baffling how they still haven't figured out the club reputation stuff. This has been my save so far (I am in the middle of the 2024/25 season) and the club's reputation is still below all League 2 clubs.

The only players I could approach the previous summer were National League level players.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Failed to get promoted, finished 4th in the end but...

Apparently we've now qualified for the African Confederation Cup as well, which is the African Europa League. Cool.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Cracking effort that Smiffster.

Who are your star men in your current squad? And what formation are you playing?
    This season saw us switch to three at the back so it's been a 3-4-1-2 for much of last twelve months.

The star men, firstly it has to be Craig Cummings who now has 207 goals in 314 games for us whilst grabbing 31 in 51 for Wales too, at just 24 years old, he's almost certain to break Daniel James record for most goals for Wales.

Sticking with Daniel James, he left Man United to go to Celtic, Man City snapped him up thereafter before stints with Dortmund and Leicester. As to whether Cummings can outdo Ben Davies's 140 caps remains to be seen.

Bret Parker seemed to have come of age this season. He did well last year scoring 14 in 29 and getting called up to the national team but he's kicked on rather impressively and now challenges Cummings as our most important player.

Loaning him out proved to be a bit useless so we persevered and come up trumps.

As for the national team....

The kids are alright, init. Wales have benefited hugely, two French invitational wins, the 2030 U19 European Championships, I just need Tom fuckin' Regan to piss off so I can have a stab at the job myself. He's a newgen(?) who hasn't had a single club job and has been in charge now for seven years.

Fielding a first eleven of home grown talent all from the local area is standard form. Not one signing, we've got just over £400M in the bank, the aim is to purchase The Racecourse again, as it is, we have to settle on just expanding at the moment and that is why we've been sent to Stoke but our latest expansion is by nearly 10,000 seats which will help nicely.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smiffy, how the frig are you paying such low wages for players worth up to £67m, whilst Mahow spunking out wages like it's going out of fashion?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They live in Wrexham.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan James

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smiffy, how the frig are you paying such low wages for players worth up to £67m, whilst Mahow spunking out wages like it's going out of fashion?
    Every player has come through my youth team so I hammer them with 3 year optional extension. Parkers value only shot up last season and this. I'd say Cummings is still the man though.

I'll do a where are they now shortly.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where Are They Now?

The first players to depart the Youth Project were Glyn Jones, Paul Rogers, Dylan Owen and Sam Orchard. On each occasion the board overruled me and accepted the bids. I was happy to go without the financial gains but something has to pay for our facilities.

Glyn Jones

Now at Bayern and with two Bundesliga titles to his name. He made his Wales debut in 2022 against Norway and has added an impressive 62 further caps since.

Paul Rogers

Southampton really did a Liverpool on us tbh. Rogers was an ever present in our League Two promotion but it took him some time to get going at Southampton and the fact they just sold him to Burnley suggests to me that he wasn't really all that. Just six caps for Wales, media opinion is that he should find a new club so the transfer to Lancashire might give him the kick start he needs. He did win the Fa Cup with Southampton, the same season they were relegated.

Dylan Owen

Currently on loan to Benfica and with over 20 caps to his name, he's given things a good stab although he's teetering at the moment I would say. Leeds snapped him from us, Southampton went in thereafter, an exchange deal meant he went from the Coast to the Midlands. Like Rogers, he won the FA Cup, he was also involved in the Nations League final last month which Wales lost 4-0 to Italy.

Sam Orchard

Starting to find his feet with the Saints and finally won his first Wales cap this year. The former 2022 Welsh Young Player of the Year runner up had long been a regular in the U21's but his stint in the Championship last season, culminating in a title win has helped him a fair whack.

Wales Ranking Changes

Wales Records

Competitions

Made the 2026 World Cup for the first time since 1958, eventual winners Germany knocking us out in the quarter finals.

Germany also knocked us out of the 2028 European Championships as we again reached the final some twelve years after losing to Portugal. 2021 and 2024 saw group stage knockouts.

Rogen really needs to go so I can have a go at the job.

Wrexham Records

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have one player who is earning over 100k (he's on 125k and only just got that contract, he was on 59k before that) with the next closest being on 58k.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my 9th season with Slough Town has begun, and our second season in League 1. Realistically, we should be aiming for a top half finish this time around, but after missing out on the playoffs on the final day, I'd really like to get into another playoff chase and actually make the top 6 this time.

Quite a few club stalwarts from our National League seasons had their contracts expire in the off-season, and while I was tempted to renew a number of them more for nostalgia than anything, I knew we needed to build the depth for the league a little more wisely. I know you're all sad to see the likes of TQ Addy leave the squad, but I think the signings made have definitely improved the general ability of the squad.

I brought back three loanees from the previous season (David Williams also extended but he's not shown here), but I decided against bringing back Aaron Jones for a 3rd loan spell. The signing of Jamie Ashton forced my hand here - I didn't want to have 3 strikers of similar ability fighting for the starting role. I'd changed the formation slightly and incorporated a pressing forward, something that Jones wasn't particularly good at, so I brought back Williams instead.

A number of the signings on the list were youth signings that didn't want high wages whatsoever - worth taking a punt on and maybe loaning out for the season. Two of the signings were youth recruits I'd let go days before, but I brought back as League 1 rules demand you have to have one 'home-grown at club' player in the 18 - if Dennis Ball gets injured, they can take a bench spot so I comply with the regulations! Ryan Allsop comes in as first-choice keeper, Simba Griffiths will be the back-up left back, and Tyree Wilson can play anywhere across the front 3 to a good ability.

Max Broughton was let go by Fylde, in the division below, but he definitely is good enough to be a first-team player for me at the back. The only blemish I see in his stats is that god-awful positioning. Otherwise, it's great to have a defender that can distribute the ball well for counter attacks.

Brett Mannings was someone I had my eye on for a loan a couple of seasons ago, but I kept him on the shortlist and when I was told he was set for release, I went in for him. He's not incredible but those physical stats are really very good, and should get him out of trouble a lot of the time. He's a clear step up on what we had in the squad.

Finally, we picked up this gem from Cardiff Met Uni. He came through their ranks and was on an amateur contract towards the end of last season, so I went straight in to snap him onto the longest contract I could (annoyingly only 3 years). He looks really good though and has already contributed this season so far. That determination

--------------------------------------------------------

We've reached the end of August, and safe to say, it's gone really well. Barring one disaster loss to newly promoted Oldham (where their centre-back turned into Roberto Carlos and curled in 2 30-yard free kicks inside the opening half hour), we've been brilliant. David Williams has been prolific up top and won both the Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month awards, and the midfield is chipping in with assists and goals constantly. All this leaves the table looking like this:

That start earned me the Manager of the Month award, and while we're only very early in the season, it's a great indication that we have a formation that works and a squad that can definitely push for promotion this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those three players look cracking Thommo.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Giggles - you were asking about this the other day I think: https://www.footballmanager.com/news...beyond#desktop

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we got any new features for the main game yet, or do I need to sign up to Miles's OnlyFans and wait for him to cum them onto a blackboard?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s me out then. Not a chance I’m getting a Switch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we really need a full history in essay format for them to announce it'll still be out on other platforms but they're changing the name?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised it wasn't longer tbh.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who wants to play a streamlined version of FM anywhere other than Switch will still be able to do so, but the game won’t be called ‘Touch’.
    This doesn't really go anywhere either.
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were your ears burning, @Dquincy ?

Fortunately. He's a good egg.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Champions League.

Quite poetic to meet Porto too given Wrexham's history against the Portuguese club back in the 80's.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I only have one player who is earning over 100k (he's on 125k and only just got that contract, he was on 59k before that) with the next closest being on 58k.
    Yes, currently. But at Man Utd and Leverkusen?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post

Were your ears burning, @Dquincy ?

Fortunately. He's a good egg.

Timing Do you have spare budget to give salary increases?

Also, what did you say to him that worked?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, currently. But at Man Utd and Leverkusen?
    I made them both hundreds of millions and I reduced the wage bills at both whilst I was there.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking lately... FM really should be a massive online game by now. Football Manager Live probably arrived a little too early, but I've been surprised that they haven't gone back.

It's probably too in-depth to do a full career kinda thing, but one-off seasons etc, it really should be more popular.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my favourite addition to the conversation nonsense, they've been kicking up a stink with the other players and as soon as you ask them about it they back down, just being happy you know who they are. Iron fist.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timing Do you have spare budget to give salary increases?

Also, what did you say to him that worked?
    We are loaded tbh, we've had to sell along the way but we're massively under budget and ave around £400M in the bank. Our outgoings are very small too.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first game in the Champions League. Milan won it two years ago.

Milan and Porto left....it's in our hands!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I've been thinking lately... FM really should be a massive online game by now. Football Manager Live probably arrived a little too early, but I've been surprised that they haven't gone back.

It's probably too in-depth to do a full career kinda thing, but one-off seasons etc, it really should be more popular.
    I really liked FM Live. I'd love it if they brought it back.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found ourselves 3-2 up at the San Siro until Facundo Pellistri levelled things on 78"munutes, Stipe Rasic secured the inevitable quick fire double as Milan swung the tie in their favour. Barcelona winning at Porto meant they qualified so we now needed to beat the Portuguese ourselves and hope the Catalan club did us a solid otherwise we'd be dropping into the Europa League. I have to be honest, either or as far as I am concerned at this stage as I feel it's more important to have a few seasons as European regulars given Chelsea and Man United seem way too far ahead in the league to think about title challenges, especially given I'm reliant on what I have.

As it was, we gave Porto a footballing lesson with a solid 3-0 win but Barcelona and AC Milan played out a 1-1 draw meaning we were eliminated regardless. We've drawn FC Admira Wacker in the first knockout round of the Europa, mindful that Bayern Munich have found themselves in the competition also.

Domestically we just knocked Newcastle out of the EFL Cup quarter finals to set up a tie with Premier League side Brentford, fellow top flight sides Man City and Bristol City are the other semi final whilst in the league we somehow find ourselves five points clear of 5th place Everton after 15 games (could have been 7 had we beat them in our last match), we're 7 clear of Arsenal and nine clear of Liverpool. This could be good....

Parker contract saga less so....

He wants ten times what he is on now so I told him straight, sack Dwyer! Then he did but now I've got to deal with the emotional Millie Saunders so I don't expect to get away with it much longer.

In other news, both Aaron Windsor and Russell John make it eight current first teamers in the international squad after winning their first caps, thirteen current/former Wrexham players in total now.

Fast tracked into the first team due to a lack of left wingers, Windsor took the bull by the horns and is steadily learning on the job. Winning his first cap is a milestone added to scoring on his senior debut against Watford, winning the desirable Disney Cup and the U18 Premier League in 2029.

Russell John on the other hand, his impressive loan with League One side Charlton played a big part in the decision to switch to three at the back.

That very same three at the back decision saw Iolo Renshaw and Sam Davies both leave the club as we put an end to full backs/wing backs.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be well up for an FM MMO right now.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revelation

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's certainly revealed some forehead.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrexham FC - 2031/2032

League

We found ourselves in a perfect position to obtain Champions League football for a second successive season.

It is fair to say that May as a month from hell. Unexpected too given our exploits throughout the season.

I suppose a sixth place finish isn't to be sniffed at given where we've come from but still....it doesn't get any easier either.

After finishing 3rd in our Champions League group, we found ourselves flying through the Europa League until we faced Benfica in the semi finals. A 3-1 loss in Portugal meant we needed to win by two clear goals to progress to the final, we did this with an emphatic 5-0 home win (still in Stoke, mind. Side Note: We loaned our young striker Alec Blake to Benfica and for some reason he played against us!) where we would face Arsenal and not Man City as anticipated, not that it mattered as we lost 6-5. No Champions League.

Back to the domestic side of the game and Man City, we beat them in the EFL Cup final to win it for a second time, despite being record holders, Man City have now lost their last four finals in the competition. Tottenham knocked us out of the FA Cup on penalties although we really should have advanced, 3-0 up with ten minutes to go, 3-3 at full time, Brett Parker looked to have given us a reprieve in extra time only for Dylan Brownlee to level once again. Spurs scored their first three pens, we missed all three of ours. Although I didn't clock it at the time, perhaps this was a heads up that we were a bunch of bottlers.

On a plus note, we've qualified for the International Champions Cup which may fuck up our pre season but some pretty big names. Our group contains Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Libertad, Lyon and Villareal.

Summary

Brett Parker (now on £85k a week!) and Craig Cummings carried the team in terms of goals with the pair netting 109 between them, next in line was Peter Blackwell with ten in 5(12) appearances. Our form in May means a rethink tactically but going back to Parker, he ended Liverpool's Erling Haaland's five year grip on the Premier League's golden boot award whilst landing the 2031 Welsh Young Player of the Year, the 2031 FIFA Best U21 Men's Player and the 2031 European Golden Boy award. I warned him after the latter as Peter Blackwell won it just two years ago and he's stagnated since.

Next season will be much of the same, I'll be looking to go three up top and three at the back if able, 3-4-3, more central as we have many advanced forwards. I have told myself that the project ends when the inevitable takeover arrives, we've been rumoured to have one on a few occasions but nothing ever happened. One day...

Where Are They Now and Top 5 Youngsters coming soon.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note Jamie Ashton getting injured in this game. He's our backup striker, out for about a month. A few days later....

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City End of Season Update 2032/33 - Championship

Second season in the Championship complete and probably not a surprise to say we're still in it.

Summer Business

Only added two permanents, but did bring the three loan players back. Joining the PROJECT were:

£325k from Sheffied Utd, goes straight into the first team.

On a free having been released from Chelsea. Quite excited about this one, or at least I was until he got injured for 6 months.

One of the deals we agreed last year also joined in January. He looks pretty good and came with a work permit, but the winger we have on loan from Man City has kept him out of the side.

And not a new signing, but Sagura's been on loan at Eibar to get him a work permit and he's improved hugely while playing in La Liga.

Facilities

No further improvements as the finances don't really allow it, but we did complete the stadium expansion.

For some games we are now taking as much as £200k.

The Season

Really pleased with how we did, but we never really properly threatened making the playoffs. That will have to be the aim for next season now though.

Good performances all round, with Hines still being the star of the show.

Finances

£1m loss for the year, which is a bit of a worry given the season is pretty representative of life in the Championship. Our bonus costs rose ludicrously, which I can only assume if the price for finishing 8th, which is technically worth no more to me than 18th.

The above also screams out when you look at our transfer budget for next season, which is the lowest for years.

If I don't get out of the Championship in the next year or two I might have to sell a first team player or two.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    And not a new signing, but Sagura's been on loan at Eibar
    I'm a twit