User Tag List

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2021

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always delegate the signing of some staff roles (all bar scouts and coaches) and United needed a Director of Football and they ended up choosing this guy:

He looks fairly shit but I thought I recognised the name and I go to check the history:

I had completely forgotten that he had played for me at Alianza Lima and then in Toronto.

He only retired 6 months ago having started 50 games in Brazil for COR with an average rating of 7.18

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    How on Earth are Minnesota on -14 GD? Can only assume San Jose pumped them 9-0.
    Weirdly, they lost 5-1 and 4-0 to Houston.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think I need to stop applying for jobs while being under contract as it keeps coming up in job interviews and I swear there are now two jobs in China I should have had. This does mean staying at LAFC until I get sacked or my contract expires mind.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, through lack of other options (and I slight worry I'm ruining my bigger club employability by looking for work while under contract) I'll be staying with LAFC for at least one full season. We get to have a crack at the lamest continental club competition going and a full MLS from the off.

Transfers have been kept to a minimum (due to the silly rules) and I still have £14m burning a hole in the club's pockets, but I did manage to raid South America for these two, who look mustard.

Roger will be a ball winning midfielder for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been selling a lot of shit at United and I've finally been reunited with my TOP LAD.

That is absolutely the most I've ever spent on 1 player and he will be the record transfer for my save (beating Mbappe's move to Barca for £183m) when instalments start getting paid.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a deal.

Mbappe's just moved to Man City in my save for £190m.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I first bought him from Penarol to Palermo for £3.9m and then I took him with me to Hertha paying £38m.

I tried, three times, in my final season at Leverkusen but I couldn't manage it. I knew he was coming with me to Manchester though.

After I made the offer my board even asked that I re-consider it and/or cancel the bid but I told them to get fucked.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 07-09-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game at the new arena, I think I broke the game.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some of the lads making it happen. Cokic had 5 goals in that game.

Zapata wants to fuck off to Barca but I'm only getting 70-80m bids on him despite PSG offering me 219m two seasons back.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Imagine coming up against Albert Edward
    https://www.eurosport.com/football/a...1/person.shtml

He's 29 now. :/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of these forwards on show are obscene.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Like the look of this fella. Worth bringing him to Utd?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post

First game at the new arena, I think I broke the game.
    What has your career history been so far? Toppled Juve as the dominant force?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been selling a lot of shit at United and I've finally been reunited with my TOP LAD.

That is absolutely the most I've ever spent on 1 player and he will be the record transfer for my save (beating Mbappe's move to Barca for £183m) when instalments start getting paid.
    Fucking aida!

His wages as well. :shocked:

Is he your top earner?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    What has your career history been so far? Toppled Juve as the dominant force?
    The league winners since the start have been Lazio, Juve, Napoli, Atalanta, Juve, Atalanta, Atalanta, Milan. So kind of, but it's pretty diverse still.

It started out as an YDWAWK save until I won the league in 23/24. Roberto Piccoli turned into a beast with 37 goals in 34 games, Shoots With Power is insane on the right player. Sold him to Arsenal for 94M.

Then I got bored with it and bought 10 regens in one window for 235 million euro (including Zapata & Bougrissi above), 6 of them are still in the team. Won the quadruple in 26/27.

Ruggeri & Romero are the only ones still in the team, the rest are broken regens.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 08-09-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Pretty sure he sells buildings in America now.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Pretty sure he sells buildings in America now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Edward_(soccer)

I'm not sure how this has survived so long.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was class that when I made the TTH database on FM, he was in it proper and on loan to us with a future transfer.

Did the same with @Foe a few seasons prior iirc.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2024 LAFC - Mid Season Update

After winning the cup last season, but missing the playoffs we narrowly held onto our job and set about sorting things in pre-season. Out went a couple of moaning wankers and we started the season strong in the CONCACAFCACAF Champions League.

Unfortunately two things happened after the semi's. Firstly Diego Rossi got injured in a league game and out for 4 months and in the final itself the curse of the binman struck. Leading 4-1 in the second half of the fist leg we should have shut up shop and I didn't. Conceding two goals in the last 20 minutes kept the tie in the balance, Pachuca came out as fast as any team I've ever seen in the second leg and that was it. I've now reached the African and North American club finals and lost them both. Annoying.

On the plus side, we are comfortably the best team in the MLS, being pre-season 4/11 favourites and after the clusferfuck fixture congestion died down we hit our stride and are leading our conference and the supporters shield going into the July transfer window.

I think I get some Hall of Fame points for winning the Supporter's Shield (for the uninitiated that's having the best regular season record in all of the MLS) and I might also get some points for winning my conference. Rossi is back soon so we should be well placed to do those things. MLS is a bit more of a crapshoot as it'll basically come down to a one off game and we're not that good at those. Also still in the US Open, having beaten some donut shop owners to make it t the quarters.

The international transfer window opens soon and I need a top quality centre back. I have three designated players already, but you can sort of frig that if I can get someone on the £15k wages mark, as you complete the deal for them as designated and the game forces the contract to be a regular senior one. I can then buy some of that down using general allocation monies to stay under the wage cap. Bigger problem is I already have 9 forriners and will need to get rid of one before I can complete any deal. They're all quite good so it's a difficult choice and an annoying balancing act as I'll have to do it before I've actually secured the deal for any new player.

In terms of the future my contract ends at the end of this season, but depending on how things go I may well stay for another year to have one more crack at Europe. Once you get a vague grip on the wank rules the MLS is actually alright. But it does hammer home how much worse US national footballers were than I thought. They may be able to cobble a decent international side together but beyond that it's a sea of shite and good yanks are like gold dust.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the look of this fella. Worth bringing him to Utd?
    Not whilst I have this lad:

He actually came out of the Leverkusen side and was sold to Barca for £67m and then United for £115m before I even got to Leverkusen.
    Fucking aida!

His wages as well. :shocked:

Is he your top earner?
    He is not.

Another Summer signing (another reunion) is on 375k a week, then Iggy above is on 325k and Matty along with 2 others are joint third.

Right now there are 12 players (there were another 2/3 but they've been sold) on 200k a week or higher.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iggy.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a keeper I liked and made some bids for him but his club (Norwich) kept rejecting the offers so I went and signed another keeper. He is nowhere near as good but a lot cheaper than what I was willing to give Norwich.

He's now handed in a transfer request and they've listed him for less than what I offered

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA have just offered me a new deal. 4 years on £15k a week, more than three times what I joined for.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn it down.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried to push for a year extension only and they weren't having any of it so I withdrew from negotiations.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good lad

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunts. I'd brought cakes in as well.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoying the revival of updates in this thread, so I'll add some contributions of my own shortly.

Still plodding on with Slough Town in FM19, at the back end of my 7th season. It's slow but enjoyable progress.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playoff place secured.

Just need to win the conference and hopefully the supporter's shield with it. Veering towards leaving after this season either way now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did it, won the Supporter's Shield and with it the Western Conference.

Straight into the semi's of the Western Conference.

Would rather avoid Houston as they always see to give us a tough time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And my time in the US is done.

From 3-1 up we lost 5-3. Time to go job hunting.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tale of the tape so far.

My cone-tract has another 2 months to run, so genuinely don't know whether it's best to resign now or apply for roles while I run it down.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to leave immediately and got another job that week. It's a bit left field, but I'm excited.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS just seems like a headache with it's player rosters and weird tournament formats.

With that said, I'd stick with them until you find another club. Being unemployed doesn't sit right with me.

I'm nearly at mid-season on my game, so will post an update tomorrow.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not whilst I have this lad:

He actually came out of the Leverkusen side and was sold to Barca for £67m and then United for £115m before I even got to Leverkusen.

He is not.

Another Summer signing (another reunion) is on 375k a week, then Iggy above is on 325k and Matty along with 2 others are joint third.

Right now there are 12 players (there were another 2/3 but they've been sold) on 200k a week or higher.
    That winger looks insanely good, but I tend to avoid having any 30+ yr old players. Heck if they get to late twenties with me they'll be lucky.

On the wage side of things, as long as you're recouping the money (which I presume you are) then fair play on spending those wages.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That winger looks insanely good, but I tend to avoid having any 30+ yr old players. Heck if they get to late twenties with me they'll be lucky.

On the wage side of things, as long as you're recouping the money (which I presume you are) then fair play on spending those wages.
    I also tend to throw 30+ year olds out the door but when it's my first season I have to keep some as I just can't shift everyone that I'd like.

He wont be here for next season.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    African Nations Draw.

Not interested in staying beyond this tournament as I find international management a chore, but the timing was perfect so had to give it a crack.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mon the Doctors.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad and likely first 11 for the tournament.

Some tasty players in there, but our keeper is shite and we lack a quality striker.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've applied for the Ghangzhou job three times now, they've interviewed me twice and every time they don't give me the job. Bastards. This time I've lost out to some chap who's been slumming it in the Brazilian second tier. A 1 and a half star rep manager no less.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just been relegated to the Chinese second tier, but they have a tycoon in charge and he's given me a £54m transfer budget and £735k wage budget.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sign some Ivorians.

And bring that South African defender over.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Mon the Longmen!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Gambia"

..?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS has 28 teams now? Get rid of the conference playoff bollocks and get two divisions of 14 with relegation, introduce Americans to some proper jeopardy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick recap on my first five seasons at Slough Town:

It took 3 seasons to get out of the National League South; two disappointing play-off losses, followed by a really impressive title winning season where we led the league for virtually the entire season. At this level, I was able to use fairly one-dimensional players, focusing mainly on physical attributes in the wingers and striker to get the goals, but there was a noticeable step up to the National League, where we were one of only 5 or 6 semi-pro clubs in the league.

Our first season in tier 5 was one of consolidation and goals at either end - I was happy with the mid-table finish considering our miniscule wage bill but we needed to sort out the defence. In came Callum Carpenter, a free signing from Spurs who immediately became the top earner on a whopping £750 p/w. He was markedly better and was the main reason for our much improved finish in 2022/23. Paul Ryan, a loanee striker came back for a second spell and scored 18 league goals to help us sneak into the playoffs.

The nature of the National League playoffs is brutal, however. After 7 games in 4 weeks to finish the season, we had to play Boreham Wood away on the Wednesday immediately after the end of the season.

A topsy-turvy battle that we somehow edged, but importantly 120 minutes and penalties for my weary semi-professionals who were immediately summoned to play away at Wrexham at lunchtime on the Saturday. Their manager, Graham Westley, gave it large to the press that we didn't deserve to be there (and he has continued to be a cunt since), and the fact of the matter was we were not equipped to face them at such short notice with a team markedly worse in ability. We were spanked 5-0 and consigned to another season in the National League.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev missing a trick not calling up the trio from Nordsjaelland.

Nice to someone who isn't pissing the game, thommo.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, with a solid performance throughout the season, a few clubs came sniffing around my players. Callum Carpenter was snapped up after only one season with us, for £110k, and our young striker Patrick Sekyere went north of the border to Queen of the South for approximately £40k. Thankfully Paul Ryan returned for a third loan spell, and I was able to actually improve at centre-back, with the signing of Oisin McEntee on a free from Coventry City. He went onto the bumper contract of £900 p/w.

Our third season in the National League began with the general aim of making the playoffs again. Despite the transfer income, and a dream run to the FA Cup 3rd round the previous season (where we eventually lost to Arsenal), the board were not willing at any point to consider professional status. It was going to be a battle considering the majority of the league were able to bring in a better quality of player.

However, the season started very well. Our defence was rock solid, and while we weren't scoring a great deal, we were grinding out wins. We reached the turn of the year top of the league, with only 3 losses, but we had a number of games postponed at home, which was going to cause some fixture congestion through the 2nd half of the season. It turned out to not be a problem as we lost just 1 of our last 18 games of the season, finding our scoring boots in the process

Morecambe appeared to be our closest challenger through the winter, but as the season progressed, they dropped off the pace and it was Wrexham (they'd lost the Playoff Final to Crewe) who came from nowhere to put the pressure on. We travelled to play them with 5 games left of the season, at which point they hadn't conceded in 11 league games. I was 5 points clear having played a game more and we set up to park the bus. It paid off - we converted an early penalty to break their clean sheet streak and hung on for a draw after they equalised in the 2nd half. An extremely satisfying result considering their squad and how we ended our season last time against them and from that point, we cruised to the title with the 6-2 win at Salford confirming the promotion to the Football League.

Wrexham romped the Playoffs to join us nevertheless, and so began the mighty job of going professional, sorting out the contracts and improving the squad for 2024-25 in League Two.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking effort Thommo. I find it so tedious managing non-professional clubs, but it must be so satisfying taking them pro. Planning to take them all the way to the top?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you play this before every home game: