Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the beginning of the end for it.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What killed it for me was all the different roles for each position. Bollocks to changing that every time I changed the player or attacking nature of the team. Seemed way too time consuming.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every now and then I get tempted to buy the mobile version but then realise I'll probably not play it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have decided to get back into my FM20 save.

As a refresher here is my job history:

If you don't remember it was an Octodecagon challenge with me trying to win the following trophies:

FIFA Club World Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Europa League
    UEFA Super Cup
    African Champions League
    Copa Libertadores
    O-League (Oceanic Champions League)
    Asian Champions League
    North American Champions League

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup
    Olympics
    UEFA European Championship
    Nations Leaue
    African Cup of Nations
    Copa America

Oceanic Nations Cup
    Asian Nations Cup
    North American Gold Cup

Here is the squad at Hertha right now:

Toggle Spoiler

It's currently February 2040 we're second in the Bundesliga right now 5 points behind Bayern, we've won our Europa League group ahead of Zenit, Malmo & Maccabi Haifa and we're in the quarter final of the DFB-Pokal.

With New Zealand the Nations Cup, which we are hosting, will start next month which should be a breeze. On the game New Zealand have won the Nations cup every time it's been played so it should be easy.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 14-08-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hertha & New Zealand 2039/40 Season:

League:

We went into the final day 2 points behind Bayern but I didn't like our chances and they smashed Leverkusen. Our games against Leverkusen (we were 2-1 up and comfortable, I then made 3 changes and a minute later my best CM hobbled off, they then scored in the 92nd and 94th minutes) and Leipzig (Bayern had just lost to Dortmund and we could have gone into first) are were we lost the title.

Cup:

No real problems.

Europe:

Pissed it throughout and in the final we had Chelsea who are currently being managed by Ole Binman:

New Zealand:

Absolutely pissed it and that knocks off the Oceanic Nations Cup from THE LIST.

Future:

The plan was to win the Europa with Hertha then win the Champions League (for a second time) whilst also finishing off the club side by winning the Super Cup and Club World Cup. Solskjaer has fucked that plan though so I've left Hertha as I can't strike off anything from the list in the next season.

All said it's a bit of a failure in Germany which is a shame as I really like the squad I've built. Injuries hurt us though our only real LB got injured for the final few months which fucked as as did our number 1 CM going down for a bit.

Only job available right now that I might be interested is Valencia as they'll be in the Europa League next season but their finances aren't great and the squad is very old.

As for Internationally I've missed the European Championships (they started about a couple of days ago) but I will be going to Europe to try and win the Nations League as the Gold Cup is more than a year away.

Edit: Applied for the Valencia job and they rejected me
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 09-08-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dutch manager was very insecure after they lost in the second round of the Euros so I declared my interest and was employed a few days later.

This is the guy I'm looking forward to using the most:

Sadly a lot of our best players are 30+ now but I'll hopefully win the Nations League with them. Not sure if I'll stick with them for the next WC though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was turned down for a few jobs despite being a hell of a lot better than the managers they hired but I have a new club job:

I wasn't planning on staying in Germany but the start of the season was approaching fast and the cupboard was bare. They're not in the Europa League but they're in the Conference league so I can add that to my list.

Here is the squad:

A lot of shit in there and despite having £36m in the bank I've only got £9m as my transfer budget and £163k p/w free in wages. First league game is in less than a week so I've got to shift a lot of crap quickly.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayer Leverkusen & Netherlands 2040/41 Season Update:

Transfers out:

I tried to shift a lot of shit and was moderately successful at it. Would have liked to have gotten rid of more in the Summer but a lot of the players who left in January wouldn't move in the Summer as they had recently signed new contracts.

Transfers In:

Toggle Spoiler

League:

Really thought we'd easily tie up Europa football but we sunk after January due to injuries. We'd have had Europa football if Dortmund had beaten Wolfsburg in the cup but they failed us.

Cup:

Meh. I just used it to give the youth some games.

Europe:

We were absolutely flying until the second leg of the Vitoria game and then we couldn't do shit. We were lucky to be in the Feyenoord game (they were 4-0 up but we scored 2 late in the first leg) as they totally outclassed us.

Netherlands:

Lost to England in the Nations League which saw us crash out in the group stage and we've done well so far in World Cup Qualifying.

USA have sacked their manager just before the Gold Cup so I'm hoping to jump to them.

In regards to Leverkusen I was planning on leaving if I didn't get Europa football as it's going to cause a delay in getting the list done but I don't care. I like this side a lot right now and want to push them on further.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think my England career game has had the fairytale ending that means it's done... albeit not the one I wanted.

After that promotion with Blackburn we went straight back down the next year despite a hot start that saw us got 20 points from our opening 12 games. We were just completely shite in the second half of the season and could barely get a point. The next year we won the Championship fairly easily to go back up, and the season after that we finished 3 points off the European places. The following year, we went a bit better, and finished 3 points off the Champions League places but in the Europa Leagues places. The next year we dropped back down to an 8th place finish but we made it all the way to the Europa League final, including famous 4-0 wins over PSG and AC Milan. Unfortunately, the final was a bridge too far as we lost 2-0 to Spurs who had finished the season in 2nd. This however meant no European football at all the next season so I was hopeful we would push on. We didn't. The season was a train wreck and we were barely above the relegation zone when I was sacked. Sergio Ramos replaced me, got relegated, and then sold off all my young stars for around £500m, but Blackburn still bounced back to the Premier League the season after. Meanwhile, after rejecting the Man United job to stay at Blackburn, I was only interested in a Big 5 job (fuck Spurs). I turned down Spurs and Brighton twice each as well as Everton, Cardiff and Norwich and kept holding out, and finally after 2 years away, Arsenal and their ridiculous budgets of £475m to spend and £4.5m a week on wages (or there about) came calling for me.

I spent almost every penny of that budget despite it being ridiculous because Arsenal had a few superstar players but absolutely fuck all in terms of depth. I did notice they had 2 of Wonderkids I signed for Blackburn, namely Edwin Meza, a LB who I had signed for £1.5m who they had spent £69m on.... and Jorge Ross who cost me £1.8m and they had bought in for £55m. Both would end up being rotation options for me. I signed a new Goalkeeper as priority number 1, and then added an aging Giovanni Reyna from Manchester United which got the board salivating as he was a "global superstar". Other big signings came in, but perhaps the most interesting to me was paying £50m for Volker Jahn, a regen who Arsenal had had before but for some reason was on the loan list when I was at Blackburn despite being the number 1 German winger. I loaned him for a few years and then bought him for £30m and they had subsequently sold him to Atletico Madrid, so I bought him home. This meant I now had 3 members of my old Blackburn team and while none were starters, all of them contributed hugely off the bench.

And the season went... about as well as it could. We didn't start amazingly, but we started well enough that we were only 4 points behind City most of the way. City when started to slip up and we moved above them and opened up a 5 point lead with 8 games to go. Unfortunately, looking at the fixtures, we still had to face Liverpool (H), Man Utd (A) and Chelsea (H) while City had an easy run in with no big teams. Those 3 games were all in a row too, and we only had 1 game after them.... my return to Ewood Park. Of course.... nothing would be decided until we got there. We chucked away the 5 point lead by drawing 0-0 with Leeds and then chucking away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 at home to Relegation candidates Swansea, and we even missed a late penalty to nick a point. Luckily, we had by far the superior GD. We beat Liverpool 3-0 in the first of those horror fixtures but Man Utd scored a last minute equaliser to dent our hopes... but we were rescued when City could only draw at Southampton, meaning we still had the advantage. We then beat Chelsea 2-1 with a late goal off a dodgy pass back.... and City slipped up to a 1-1 draw at home with Bournemouth. This meant we went to Ewood Park needing 1 point to win the title. In a poetic twist, our loss to Swansea meant that Swansea were 3 points clear of the relegation zone.... a relegation zone currently occupied by Blackburn. They had to win to stay up. They scored first as well as the only 2 remaining members of my team combined to put them 1-0 up.... but we came alive and beat them 4-1 in the end meaning I did finally win a title at Ewood Park. 2 weeks later, we beat Atletico Madrid in their own stadium to also win Arsenal's first ever Champions League. Man City had won the previous 5 CLs... and the previous 11 Premier League titles.

There is a temptation to carry on and see how much of a dynasty we can build.... but I think I could play 50 more seasons and not ever top that final day, so it feels like the natural end to a fun save.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2024/25 has gone well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A decent thread from someone who plays Craig Dawson up front for PSG on FM21.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oof.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This your career or lifted from the world wide web?

I've continued with my FM11 career. Currently in 2080. Just left Benfica after winning the Champions League with them. Have joined a Leeds United who are languishing 21st in League One.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my career.

I'm France at the World Cup and I just noticed that. I'm facing the Doctors next.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    From my career.

I'm France at the World Cup and I just noticed that. I'm facing the Doctors next.
    Have Congo got a 'beast' upfront who plays for someone like AC Milan? They all surely can't still be goat herders.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lomana LuaLua And Chancel Mbemba.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Have Congo got a 'beast' upfront who plays for someone like AC Milan? They all surely can't still be goat herders.
    This is their best player:

They have a few other decent guys but no one else who is as good as that guy.

Here is the lad who scored the goal:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayer Leverkusen & France 2041/42 Season:

Transfers Out:

Ended up shifting quite a lot and there aren't many at the club who were here before I came.

Transfers In:

Toggle Spoiler

League:

A really bad start meant we were never truly in it. I'll happily take second though especially ahead of Schalke (who are only one of three teams to win the league in my save) and Hertha who have a much better squad and a lot more money after my stint.

Cup:

This went well.

Europe:

We were great and deserved to win, the AZ second leg was the only nervy game we had. At points during it I was sure we were going to crash out.

France:

I was with the Netherlands and was planning to take them to the World Cup but the French manager left so I jumped ship:

Only problem match was against the USA (who I failed to win the Gold Cup with) we absolutely shat on them but our strikers refused to score. Thankfully we finally nabbed one to ensure it didn't go to penalties. An absolutely piss easy run all things told.

In the final we had an easy game:

They were never in the match and we cruised to victory.

The List:

FIFA Club World Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Europa League
    UEFA Super Cup
    African Champions League
    Copa Libertadores
    O-League (Oceanic Champions League)
    Asian Champions League
    North American Champions League

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup
    Olympics

UEFA European Championship
    Nations Leaue
    African Cup of Nations
    Copa America
    Oceanic Nations Cup
    Asian Nations Cup

North American Gold Cup

Hopefully I'll win the Nations League and European with France before going back to trying for the Gold Cup. The club things might take a while now that I've decided to try and turn Leverkusen into giants though.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some effort, Mahow. How on earth are Korea reaching the final?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was some run. Brazil didn't even make it out of the group.

Here is the squad:

And their best player:

He was bought by Porto for £1.8m before joining Aston Villa for a MASSIVE £88m who after a good few years sold him to United for £46.5m. He barely played for the club before moving to Atletico for £32m.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you knocking this out on Touch or full fat? I've purchased the former and it seems to have more depth than I anticipated.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full fat but it's 21.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hertha Berlin have just bought Foden for £117m in 2023 in my game. Havertz also went to Valencia for just over £100m.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking update, Mahow. Keep them coming please.

That's quite a few players you bought in over the season, seems like a squad overhaul. Surely you're not doing that every season.

I'll try and do an update on mine soon. I wasn't feeling it with Leeds so went back a month to when I saved the game before leaving Benfica.

Lastly, that Korean fella doesn't look very...well, Korean.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are only a small handful of players left in the squad from when I took over. I'm pretty happy with where my squad is at right now and there wont be much movement this season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mental game.

I was so angry when they scored an equaliser.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Hertha Berlin have just bought Foden for £117m in 2023 in my game. Havertz also went to Valencia for just over £100m.
    @Don

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Mental game.

I was so angry when they scored an equaliser.

Are you watching in 3D, 2D or just commentary?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just rejoined Gillingham in the summer of 2081, having won the Champions League for the 2nd time on the trot with my Benfica side and it was all a bit too easy. So let my contract expire and the Gills job became available.

The Gills finished 3rd in the Premier league and have very unreasonable Saudi owners. Didn't realise they were £30mill in the red until I joined them, but that got sorted when my Saudi owners accepted an £89mill offer from Seville without my consent for my best player.

Currently in preseason and trying to asset strip my previous Benfica side for their best players.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you watching in 3D, 2D or just commentary?
    3D, Key highlights.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2D is the one. I fear for the day they toss it in the bin.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought this. and Yev Bin Man has taken over at Man Utd.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back to the thread, Yev. I've missed your career updates.

Not a clue what your second sentence means. But that's not uncommon for me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers.

I thought I'd see if I could do a better job than Ole, so Man Utd to start it is.

Quite fancy a longer term Norwich game after a season or two of this though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got bored of Man Utd quite quickly, so decided to start again with the Oxford City job and learn the game. The wealth of information thrown at you is utterly ridiculous. Almost every single screen is a cobweb of absolute clutter.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently completed season 2080/81 with my Benfica team (on FM11).

Season turned out to be another good one. Having been at Benfica for the last 6 years, the domestic competitions are won with ease every season, which is becoming a bit mundane. The challenge however lies with the champions League and we managed to win it again, for the 2nd consecutive year. We also added the Club World Championship to our list of silverware at Benfica. Pics of the season below:

League standings:

Champions League fixtures:

Champions League final:

Domestic cup final:

Club World Championship final:

Midway through the season i signed a pre contract with Gillingham to join them for a 3rd stint. Have just moved to them in the summer and stolen a load of my Benfica players (asset stripped the bastards!). Shall send an update on my manage profile next.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Got bored of Man Utd quite quickly, so decided to start again with the Oxford City job and learn the game. The wealth of information thrown at you is utterly ridiculous. Almost every single screen is a cobweb of absolute clutter.
    Is it worth you doing the half fat version instead? May be more streamlined.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My career so far on FM11. It's been a journey.

CV history:

Biography:

Overview Stats:

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often wonder if the game's ever going patch in the option to kill your manager off.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some effort Dquincy.

In other news. Giant killers!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intruging that you've stuck with FM11 for so long @Dquincy. From memory '12 was the the go to of that era.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old are you in the game, Quin?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    How old are you in the game, Quin?
    I'm 98 years old in the game. Can't imagine I'd be too useful during training sessions.

After a 6 month break from the game (irl), I carried on as I wanted to reach 100. But in doing so, I've got back into it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Intruging that you've stuck with FM11 for so long @Dquincy. From memory '12 was the the go to of that era.
    My mate still plays FM12 and I wondered if I should give it go. But if I was to ever ditch this save, I'd probably give the latest version a go.

FM11 just suits me in terms of the balance between detail and speed of progressing through the seasons.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there's a serious amount of unneeded clutter in the latest version.

I get it, if you want all of the stats, great you've got them, but I reckon 90% of players don't touch it. You can ignore it if you wish, but it's still there slowing your game down.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play FM21, in the FM11 mindset.

- Ignore press conferences
    - Ignore training
    - Ignore 90% of available stats analysis
    - Commentary only

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've downloaded the 2021demonto see if my brain still functions.

So much clutter I'm thinking of just reinstalling 2012.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    I've downloaded the 2021demonto see if my brain still functions.

So much clutter I'm thinking of just reinstalling 2012.
    The clutter isn't helped by the horrendous default skin. Immediately download a dark skin.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    The clutter isn't helped by the horrendous default skin. Immediately download a dark skin.
    Who are you playing with ATM? I tried the Brisbane Roar but fuck me it is too much for me after coming out of retirement.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    Who are you playing with ATM? I tried the Brisbane Roar but fuck me it is too much for me after coming out of retirement.
    I'm in 2028 with Aberdeen (since game start). Absolutely donning Scottish football, but can't manage to break the Champions League. Also, despite having the best facilities, have no decent youngster coming through at all. Getting bored, so might hop over to Serie B soon.