User Tag List

Page 87 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 8585

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Quick Look for Control made it seem pretty ace. I've only got a normal PS4 though so I'll take a look when it doesn't run like shite.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll buy into it when someone who says "I thought Alan Wake sucked" also says it's good. I can't trust anybody that likes Remedy games that aren't Max Payne 1 + 2.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reduce it all to omnigel and sell it to your favourite store on the Citadel. Oh, didn't see that page turn.

I liked Max Payne a lot.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    On the topic of Mass Effect - I've always wanted to play them (I haven't played anything in the series for whatever reasons) but I just kind of feel now that doing it all from the start is a bit of a daunting task. I also always feel that pure 3D games age much much worse than isometric or in other way artsy ones do.

Can I jump in later?
    You'd probably get away with jumping in with Mass Effect 2. Be sure to read up on the necessaries from the first game, though personally I'd play it if you can. I very much enjoyed the whole series of main games.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say you try the original first If you bounce off it for some reason then read the plot and have a go at 2 anyway because it's a slightly different game and probably has aged a little better. But at least try the original, but skip a lot of the shit that involves you trundling around dead landscapes in the Mako for often-boring sidequests.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the topic of Mass Effect - I've always wanted to play them (I haven't played anything in the series for whatever reasons) but I just kind of feel now that doing it all from the start is a bit of a daunting task. I also always feel that pure 3D games age much much worse than isometric or in other way artsy ones do.

Can I jump in later?
    I think my average run of the trilogy with all DLC is about 90-95 hours total. It's not that daunting, it's less playtime to finish the trilogy than to play any open world game from nowadays. From a story aspect, playing all three with all sidecontent is a rather good one.

If you only want to play 1 game, then play ME2. Easily the best game in the series and one of the best games I played in general.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright cheers guys I'll add all 3 to "the list" then

Is Andromeda worth my time?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In short, no.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'm seeing Batman through. Progress has slowed right down at the half-way stage so I might have to devote some time to the side stuff. I'm invested enough to see how it ends. This'll either wind up happily ever after or bleak as fuck. Pity Scarecrow's not got much going on. It's always a fear toxin. He has no other tricks.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not the correct thread but im a few stickers away from completing the Panini Tabloid edition for the new licence they got for the Premier League.

http://collectibles.panini.co.uk/edi...ollection.html

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright cheers guys I'll add all 3 to "the list" then

Is Andromeda worth my time?
    Nope. It's not a bad game in itself, it just isn't a real Mass Effect game.

I had the same thing with Mafia 3. Not a bad game, but certainly not a Mafia game.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FF7 Remake looks so fucking good. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Maybe not the correct thread but im a few stickers away from completing the Panini Tabloid edition for the new licence they got for the Premier League.

http://collectibles.panini.co.uk/edi...ollection.html
    Ive got about 100 swaps. If anyone wants to take them off me once ive completed the collection. Let me know. You can probably complete the whole thing for about 30p.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno if anybody listens to gaming podcasts* but the RPS one this week has decided not just to do a D&D podcast, but to improvise an episode that is meant to be midway through an 'existing' D&D campaign. I am intrigued, and Nate Crowley is involved so I'm all over it.

* If there are any other good ones do share.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Dunno if anybody listens to gaming podcasts*
    I have unashamedly starting listening to Countdown To Classic: https://countdowntoclassic.com/2019/...ch-experience/

Blew my mind that there were 118 episodes just waiting for Classic to launch, as I only started listening at 119 (the one linked). It’s heavy going at over three hours - especially when I’m used to Blindboy’s hour-long ones, but it gives me my WoW fix on the way to and from work.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that's what I'm after but thanks.

Meanwhile I'm still enjoying Mooncrash, but I really need to work on unlocking some more characters as I only have two so far. I imagine some thought will have to go into 'completing' it as I expect the five-character run requires you to intentionally set stuff up for other characters and therefore to do things in a certain order. But we'll see. I may not care enough to do that anyway.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quarter of Batman left and I'm calling it quits. It's such a pain in the arse to have the fucking Batmobile slow you down every 20 minutes. Fighting in the thing is fine but you have to do so much shit to get it from A to B.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fighting in it was my least favourite bit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank stealth.

"I'm Batman. I could travel to this spot on the map on my own but the game demands I kill these tanks instead of gliding over them like a Batman. Did I mention I have a plane that can transport said car to anywhere? I'm Batman."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically everything that's not just driving about ploughing through the side of buildings in it is a bit wank.

I think the Riddler track things are especially ludicrous. He's clearly already a billionaire so why's he pissing about in a shithouse like Gotham making giant Hot Wheels sets?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two Face is robbing banks but they will politely wait for you to show up before commencing the robbery. I don't even know what Penguin's up to because I haven't bothered to check. Scarecrow's just appearing on billboards and the Arkham Knight might as well be a backstage military general.

It's WWE booking for super-villains, the more I think of it. At the end of City, Hush is running about with Bruce's face and it doesn't get followed up on. And Joker's dead. In Origins, they big up Black Mask and then Joker kills him. His assassins get a boss fight and that's it. In Arkham Knight, they bring Joker back and give him more of a focus than any living villain.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While things waiting for you to turn up to happen does undermine the EVERYTHING'S GOING TO SHIT ALL AT ONCE feel I do like that the way missions and sidequests are set up by the calls you get in game are basically done so that the game itself isn't going "Yeah Scarecrow's trying to kill everyone in the city but you go and fart about trying to find one serial killer, idiot." Having characters do voicelines about waiting for results to come through or whatever.

Once I beat the game into submission to get the janky bastard to run on my PC with minimum fuss I did enjoy it.

And it really does have a lovely cape.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've deleted it. The cloudburst tank has too much range and power on it. I wanted to let Robin handle all of this but the game demanded the choice I was making was the wrong one. Stupid Joker AIDS.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that fight is pretty horrific.

I think I spent about two things of it in the tunnels beneath waiting for it to lose me again, and the rest of it in the less fun "get ready to shoot shit" mode to sneak up on it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahoy sim racing nerds, is iRacing subscription only or is there an initial outlay as well? I'm assuming there'll be a multitude of car and track packs but I'm just looking at whatever the basic package is for now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The subscription gives you access to 18 cars and 18 tracks. Additional cars and tracks cost you a one-off extra fee for each track / car.

https://www.iracing.com/what-comes-with-membership/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Ahoy sim racing nerds, is iRacing subscription only or is there an initial outlay as well? I'm assuming there'll be a multitude of car and track packs but I'm just looking at whatever the basic package is for now.
    Subscription only, but if you get into it it ends up being quite expensive in the long run. Do you have a wheel? If not, I'd consider that as part of the initial outlay, although I have never tried it with a controller, maybe it works.

Actually, if you really wanted, you could get away with free content only plus buying a few tracks once in a while. The Miatas and Skip Barbers are the only cars you need really, unless you are into ovals, and even then, I am sure that the free stock cars are fine.

EDIT: The rookie Mazda series runs only free tracks and is the second best series, only behind the Skippies, which do run paid tracks, although the calendar usually is at least half free tracks.
    Last edited by Pepe; 17-09-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely going for a wheel if I decide to do it, nothing mental but it's looks like you can get something reasonable for a couple of hundred quid (despite me teasing myself with sexy direct drive things).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Logitechs (G29?) are good enough and can be had cheap used. Spending more on a wheel isn't worth it, imo, at least not initially. Pedals maybe, but even then the Logitech ones do the trick. That is what I used for a long, long time. Now I have a fancy rig, but I do not think that it makes that big of a difference.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got what I need, to be honest. Just a pad, Assetto Corsa and whatever other games get chucked at me. Stuff like this:

"Here comes Sideshow Mel." <leaves>

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...e-this-winter/

Definitely not gonna be a lot of old generic-o-balls.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, all they need to do is a 1 v 4 where a Sarah Connor tries to hide from some T-1000's.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terminators obsession with being DLC for video games is so weird. It's in Mortal Kombat and Gears of War this week.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire Batman Arkham trilogy is free on Epic Game Store.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they wouldn't just ignore Origins like that. It's so petty.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, if I was the one who managed to not only make the first good superhero game but make one that revolutionized combat across the entire video game medium. I'd be kinda pissed that my corporate overlords peddled all my work to a low budget developer so they can knock something out for a quick buck.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But those same corporate overlords are dictating the PR and putting those free deals together. WB Montreal did alright on Origins and I'm surprised that's not part of the package.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One game of four: "all my work."

Given how little of a rush Rocksteady are generally in to get new games out I'd be surprised if they gave much of a shit about either Origins or the forthcoming, unannounced one being done by others.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they held Arkham Knight back for a year because it was in such a state at trade shows. The delays led to them outsourcing the PC port to Iron Galaxy which was dead on arrival.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the PC port was a shitshow and WB threw their hands in the air and gave up on pretending to care about fixing it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...view/#comments

This sounds a laugh. I've liked what I'd heard in development so I'm glad it seems decent. Honk.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone played the dickhead goose game yet?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't, if the post above yours didn't make that clear.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, didn't even see that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does look fun though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a knife. Geese don't carry knives unless they mean business.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a lot of fun with Greedfall at the moment. It's just a really well put together little RPG. I say little, I'm not entirely sure how big the world is yet, but it definitely isn't small. It's the product of a relatively small developer though.

It's kind of like Dragon Age Origins meets Witcher 3, with a bit of a Bloodborne-esque art design thrown in for good measure. I mean, it's not as good as any of those three games. But those are the kind of vibes I'm getting from it.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streaming Untitlted Goose Game if you want to see me annoy a farmer.

https://www.twitch.tv/trip__tv