User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Football Manager 2019

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to it it might actually be mostly down to the Sort It Out SI graphic updates, which puts hundreds of thousands of images into the game and previous versions have always run quicker without them, there just haven't ever been so many. I can't play without them though.

Still, the FM19 interface is horrid and checking back to FM15 confirmed that - it's just so clean and condensed compared. Even basic stuff like having a decent panel to look at the score on when playing on commentary only just isn't there in FM19.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a day with the developers and I'd make the game far far better by just taking shit out. It'd be like a grease monkey under a car bonnet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've decided to resign at Rotherham. The club was doing okay, but I was struggling with the constant need to fight fires and replace half the squad each year because I couldn't pay them more than £5k a week.

Spent a bit of time unemployed, got turned down by promoted Preston, who now sit bottom of the Premiership.

In the end, decided to apply for and took the job at Aston Villa.

Sitting 22nd in the Championship, but with far better room to grow.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lucky sod. Do they still have the same squad?

I started a game with Hull and it's not gone well. Write up in due course.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of it is still there, minus Grealish and Piazon really.

However the side is really unhinged. I've got really good Premiership quality players like Kalinic, Hourihane, McGinn and Hogan next to absolute dross like Amari'i Bell, Tommy Elphick and Arvydas Novikovas. Wages are all over the show but luckily the only contract I need to worry about immediately is Henri Lansbury.

I've tweaked the budgets to give me about £9m for January and the majority of that will be going on a defender and a striker.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Blackburn rovers save. Won the Championship is season one, season two saw us finishing in 6th place, an amazing feat really.
    Arsenal came a knocking and I’m just getting towards the end of pre season with them.

Won manager of the year both seasons with Blackburn too which was cool.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Into 2034/35 on my Cov game and having won everything I've got a bit bored and sold off all players who didn't come through the academy to see what would happen with a team exclusively of homeboys. Started with a defeat to Huddersfield, then got news that the new stadium I was set to move into was pushed back initially to November, maybe further. Lovely

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back into the swing of things with Slough Town, and I've come across one of the more irritating things with the save. In 2016 Slough Town moved back to a stadium in Slough for the first time in 15 years, as opposed to groundsharing with Windsor and Beaconsfield. Well after a season, the game has seen fit to move us back out into groundsharing, this time with Wealdstone, as the new stadium apparently does not conform to the standards for the National League South. So we're back out of the town and without a ground of our own.

On the pitch, we had a solid first season, picking up a number of frees throughout, the best of which was Tom Ashton, a striker who top scored with 16 goals. We got into the playoff spots early on and stayed there throughout, as Billericay Town (and their ridiculous budgets) romped to the title. Into the playoffs, and we immediately got knocked out, losing 1-0 to Bath City in a one-legged tie thanks to a goal after only 30 seconds. Probably the most infuriating end to a season - 46+ games just to meekly go down like that.

Into the 2nd season, and we're just over a third of the way through. We've started very well, with just 1 loss to Wealdstone in what I suppose is now 'The Grosvenor Vale Derby'. The defence has drastically improved (thanks to 3/4 good signings) but we're still relying a little too much on Ashton for goals. There are a couple of bright sparks in the attacking midfield roles, both 20 y/o and developing nicely.

We have a chance to put real pressure on Dulwich and Hemel Hempstead over the Christmas period - we play the bottom 3 AND Hemel in the next 6 games so a big opportunity to get a good run going. I might also be on the hunt for a new striker on a free to at least shake things up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally had some time off again and thought I'd crack on and finish season 4.

As soon as I started I had Roma after my goalkeeper and he wanted to leave. I've managed to pacify him, but only by promising the sale at the end of the season.

Speaking of the season, it went quite well:

It ended up being a cakewalk. Done and dusted for a long time after Kobenhavn fell away. They've been through 3 managers this season, which may explain some of their problems. The difference for us this season has been Mateo Cardozo. He came in with 25 goals(9 more than 2nd place) in his 29 league appearances as well as 7 assists.

This set a new record for highest rating in the league at 7.79 and also a record for man of the match awards at 10. The actual record for the league is 31 goals in a season, so given our new shortened season I don't see a player quite matching that.

You'll also notice a lack of European designations on the left there. That's because of 2 things. Firstly, the European play-off in the league was won by the top team in the relegation phase, OB.
    Secondly and for me it's great to see, the Danish Cup this year was won by a team in the 2nd Division. Vejle BK were the winners beating Brondby on pens in the final and they also won the 2nd Division so will join us next year.

As a side note here, the Randers U19's also won the Youth League this year at a canter. John Pedersen banging in 32 goals in 22 games. That's double the guy in 2nd place too.
    The young lads also went all the way to the U19's Champions League final, where they went down to 9 men, managing to battle and eventually took it to pens where they missed the last one to lose 5-4 to Hertha Berlin. Great to see them going well too.

Speaking of Europe, our game against Milan was a close one, but we ended up falling short. 1-0 defeats in both legs sent us packing. We could and probably should have advanced here, but we lacked the killer instinct.
    Another shoutout here to Cardozo. He won the Golden Boot for the tournament with 12 goals, despite us going out in the first knockout round. He also took home the award for best striker. We may have a job keeping hold of him.

The competition was eventually won by Liverpool again, beating PSG 4-1 in the final. The Europa League final was a much closer affair. It was Arsenal v Spurs with Spurs pulling out a 90+3 and then a 118th minute equaliser to take it to pens, were they prevailed.

In terms of the co-efficient though, we've taken a hit. Kobenhavn went out in the Europa first knockout round but 3 Russian teams also made it at least that far. We were due to move into 8th on the list but for that combination of events.
    The goal for next season is to win a knockout tie in either competition. I'd also not like to get Atletico and Shakhtar in my group yet again.

The decent showing again put good money in the bank though. The balance as of now is £49.9m with work being done on training and youth facilities. We're now listed as rich.
    At this point I'm questioning the stadium. We stuck to our 97% attendance again this season but sold out 5 of our 16 league games at home. We're getting very close to that capacity now. I'm not sure if to ask to buy the stadium or expand it. The latter is probably the safest option though I'm not sure of the expansion capacity.

After all that the board have given me a budget of £14.1m to spend and a wage bill of £500k p/w. That wage bill is over double what we are currently spending so there's some wiggle room there.
    Long time loanee Curtis Jones will be finally leaving us as will Arjen van der Heide. The latter was probably our 2nd best player so I'm disappointed to see him go, but we can't afford what he costs.
    The goalkeeper issue is sure to raise its ugly head soon too. My biggest needs are full backs, and also to negotiate away stupid release clauses put in by Lettieri and Moreiras agents. That should do us for another season, but I suspect now our reputation is growing, the vultures will start to circle.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention in that post that Silkeborg, who you see finished there in 5th, actually only got promoted last season and that was their first season in the league since the save started. They've done it with a load of good, but unspectacular looking young Danish lads too.

As a mini-update in how things are going in the transfers, defenders are proving a little hard to come by. PSG seem to have bought everyone.

There's been a noticeable difference in quality of available targets though. For example I always set the player search to those who are interested or better. We have the likes of Rakitic, Dahoud and Marcos Alonso showing up. I also have bids in on Malcolm, Florenzi and Tysgankov.

My main problem from here will be wages. I can offer a Key Player a max of £63k a week, which is a massive jump on where we were before, but not quite enough to snag the likes of those above who would be wonderful captures to make at this point.
    The other problem here is that, whilst £5m for a player like that is a steal, combined with the wage you're taking a hefty chunk of the transfer kitty away. I'd also be spending more than 10% of the clubs wage bill on a single player. I'm not sure how worth it is doing this, or if I should keep looking for the cheaper players like I've got so far.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The board takeover has happened and the incoming nonce has decided that I am to be judged upon signing high profile players, signing young players for the first team and goals from set pieces.

Mbappe probably won't be attainable for my £1.3m budget and I reckon my Leyton Orient in the Championship are a little below his level.

I also never bother with set piece settings so I have no idea what I'm doing there.

I've just had my contract renewal discussions and attempted to remove them, but no dice. Cunt.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t get any of the graphics for FM15 to work, so back to FM19 it is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squeaky bum time

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone fancy a fantasy draft on this? I feel like @Baz might be keen.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe @Yevrah, as a way to ease him into fm 19 against someone fucking hopeless at it

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My laptop is really struggling to run it otherwise I would.

Not sure what I'm going to do really.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My laptop is a 2 year old £300 job and it runs it fine. I never bothered with the facepacks, name fixes, etc. Try getting rid.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managed it in the end. Proper manic though as every team down to 8th was in the playoffs and all teams in the playoffs were in the automatic promotion spot at some point, we just managed to drop slightly fewer points than the others.

January was a struggle as most of my better players wanted out. Jese I was happy to see leave as he'd been wank, while Kodija and Elphick were either too expensive wage wise or too old. However I lost Jiminez, Green, McGinn and Kalinic all though clubs poaching them for their release clause value or through me setting a price (thinking in the case of Kalinic I could turn down anything that wasn't a straight £6.5m and then having to sell when Palace put together a structured deal for that value)

However I did use the funds to bring in a few players;

Jay DaSilva looks quality and Chelsea were ready to let him go for £3.5m which seems mad given that he's ready to play in the Premier League already

Andre Dozell and Tomas Podatawski were both cheap buys from Blackburn and Sunderland to fill the McGinn/Green shaped holes. Dozell has impressed me so far, whereas Podatawski was only ever going to be backup but has done fine enough.

Marek Rodak, who was brilliant for me in my first Rotherham season came in to replace Kalinic as I wasn't going to rely on a 39 year old Pepe Reina going forward. He's been great so far but not sure about his ability to step up.

Finally I bought in two youngsters. Herve Billy cost me £4.2m from Brest but my scouts have been going nuts over him and he seems to have coped well, with 8 goals and 1 assist over 13 games. Tends to blow a little hot and cold.

Then Morgan Rogers cost me £1.5m from Ipswich and has easily been my best signing, he's been devastating up front or on the wing with 9 goals and 4 assists in 17 games. His pace really helps him out here so hoping he can step up as well.

Few things to do this summer. Reid, Harwood-Bellis and Byram all go back to parent clubs so will need a new defence. We bought the wage bill down massively but still some players wasting space (Deivid, Floranus, Amari'i Bell, Colclough, Novikovas). Thankfully my budget for next season will be £42m and £570k a week (currently spending £400k) so I've got room to build a decent team here.

Not sure if I'll stay at Villa long term, but definitely want a crack at the Premiership.
    Last edited by Byron; 26-08-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just had possibly the worst youth intake I've ever had. This save is starting to piss me off.

- Missed the opportunity to sign 3 of my shortlisted players on a free because of a transfer embargo.

- New chairman chucking his weight around with demands of high profile players and ideas well above his/our station.

- his demand for youth, the one area I agree with him on, has been fisted by a piss poor youth intake. We got better in League 2 and our youth level has supposedly gone up since then.

Irrespective of all this shithousery I am currently in the play-offs, but I am drawing alot at the moment which is worrying.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Anyone fancy a fantasy draft on this? I feel like @Baz might be keen.
    I’ll happily pick a team if you get a few but I won’t have time to play any games or anything else.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All kicking off in the 2049/50 season. Man City have been relegated following a 3rd place finish in 2048/49. Going into the last match of the season, we might be in for a relegate one top club get one free kind of situation, as Liverpool are finely poised to tumble into the relegation zone if results don't go their way. 21 losses.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the new "features" for FM20 are well, a bit of a stretch. Half of them seem to be already in FM19 - which then see's some nice back-tracking on Twitter.

They announced that you can now protest transfers that the board have already accepted over your head - it was pointed out that you could already do that - so apparently the new feature was that they added more conversation options... NEW FEATURE!!