User Tag List

Page 207 of 365 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,350 of 18247

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that "Dark Side of the Ring", @phonics ? I'm not being pernickety, I'd never heard of that series and that's what came up on Google. I'm interested so I wanna make sure I'm watching the right thing.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d never heard of Abrams. Sounds like an absolute dude. Started his own promotion that included a jobber called Lil Davey Meltzer and then here is how he left the earth.

Before his death, while high on cocaine, Abrams was found naked and covered in a "vaseline" type substance,[4] destroying furniture with a baseball bat[4] in his New York office.[5] He was in the company of prostitutes at the time.[5] Not long afterwards, he died while in police custody,[4] of a heart attack.[5] He had cocaine stuck all over his body when he died.

Edit: yes @Ian

First series is very good too. Guy interning at Vice and found a bunch of archival footage in their library and made a doc series out of it.

Ignore the Montreal Screwjob one though. A arrows of people working themselves into a shoot.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta. Where's the best place to watch them?

Wrestling With Wregret did one on UWF / Abrams.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s VICE so whatever their streaming platform is in the UK. You know wrestling, it’ll be pirated within 3 hours.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Brawl's not even dark. It's just dumb. New Jack's oddly fascinating. He's a twat but he definitely plays up to it. He'd not get booked otherwise.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE/F put on a legit fighting contest using their own mostly untrained talent then made no provision for people getting knocked the fuck out live on television. I reckon some that were knocked out were probably allowed to work again that day, maybe on the same show. I think the mad (yet completely worked) stuff they did on tv in that era makes the Brawl for All seem less mental than it really was, they were extremely lucky no-one was seriously injured.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea what VICE is but it’s on NOW TV and they have series 1. May give it a go.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s Dark because it’s part of the business they don’t want talked about. That’s what the name is based off.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching episode 1 of Dark side of the Ring now. How that cunt is still walking around today is beyond me. Tony Atlas should have just taken him out.

Edit- "He advertises himself for Kid's birthday parties...." fuck right off.

I've heard the story many times before but it angers me every time. Tony Atlas is a real hero though.
    Last edited by Browning; 06-03-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Elimination Chamber card final? Because it's fucking shite.

No Brock, no Goldberg, no Cena, no Wyatt, no Drew, no Reigns...... Rollins is in a fucking tag title rematch..... Shayna is facing 4 jobbers and a woman who has already lost to Becky 57 times since Christmas (and she still might lose because Vince is gonna Vince...), the Tag Team Chamber is only somewhat interesting because 2 (out of 12) blokes are fighting over a girl and the only potentially good match on the card is probably going to be shite because Styles is probably injured.

Incredible.
    Last edited by Browning; 07-03-2020 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the look of Styles v Black and Carillo v Andrade.

lol at Boatman's match too. Either they bury him once again or make three really good wrestlers look like idiots, it's lose-lose.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Styles is hurt so it'll be shit with either Undertaker or the OC ruining it.

Andrade Vs Carillo has already been done hundreds of times on RAW.

That's got to be the worst PPV card in a long time.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew, that tag match on Revolution.

The Darby Allin/“Spanish” God match was top banana too.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are doing such a good job at getting Page over.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Styles is hurt so it'll be shit with either Undertaker or the OC ruining it.

Andrade Vs Carillo has already been done hundreds of times on RAW.

That's got to be the worst PPV card in a long time.
    I don't watch RAW though.

I thought Styles was fine now? How long did he wrestle at Blood Money? Did he look bad?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched any WWE in months (aside from the 2 rumble matches) but from the reviews I've seen he did fuck all at Blood Money and less on RAW this week. I'm not expecting anything substantial from him until Mania.

On top of the names I mentioned earlier, where the fuck are all the women that actually matter? Becky, Charlotte, Bayley, Rhea..... all missing. Has half the roster secretly got Coronavirus?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browning do you ever think your opinion on the stuff you don’t watch might be influenced by the people who don’t like it but are paid to create content that people click on nonetheless?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isnt good though I dabble here and there and WWE isnt good. Not NXT obviously.

NJPW, MLW, AEW put on much better PPV/destination shows.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 07-03-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak for AEW but it’s genuinely not. Literally every match is late 90s WCW. I think it took until the 5th match to have something not decided by a run in. One of them had two separate run ins against the same guy and he won. Everyone’s so desperate for it to be legitimate that they give it 900 mulligans.

AEW is fans working themselves into a shoot.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im a casual AEW fan (obviously NJPW 4 life) but they really do put on better matches at the top of the card and that is all that matters really. Not saying WWE doesnt have the talent as they have enough for 4 shows and some.

Agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE have 3 times as many pay per views. If you chose Rumble, Summerslam, Mania and one other. Not including NXT.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like how AEW wants to be like a legit sport with rankings and win/loss records while also having a alien wrestling for them.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    WWE have 3 times as many pay per views. If you chose Rumble, Summerslam, Mania and one other. Not including NXT.
    Still pretty rubbish for a long time.

Edit: But now im veiwing it through a NJPW mental fan point of view.

I also dont enjoy shitting on anything that another person enjoys. It is why stopped posting about WWE. My bad sorry.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 07-03-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I do like how AEW wants to be like a legit sport with rankings and win/loss records while also having a alien wrestling for them.
    It kind of works if you watch BTE because she is a bit of dork about it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m a fan, same with them having a dinosaur. It’s the beautify of wrestling.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jungle Boy could be anything.

Edit: And Darby Allin, that blokes coffin drop finisher is great fun.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 07-03-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the thing. Some of its very good but it gets so many passes that the thing that’s been around for a million years doesn’t.

Jericho isn’t getting away with turning up overweight and then winning and holding the title for 9 months in wwe.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was pretty over before he left wasnt he?

Edit: I 100% agree it is still a work in progress. Dark order is awful, Shaun Spears is meh, Private Party are kinda pointless and the womens division is very shallow.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 07-03-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Order are the best tag team.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant the booking/story so far.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching some WWE (granted not all of their 25 weekly shows) up until Hell in a Cell which was the final straw for me. Now I watch reviews/read results in case anything interests me, but with the exception of the Edge /Orton stuff it sounds like everything they’re doing is properly shit. I know enough about the current wrestlers to know that that PPV card is criminally bad.

Of course actually watching the product would be a better way to form opinions, but it’s just not watchable at the moment. We have the same 2 world champions as 2003.... one of which could only do 2 moves in 2003 and can hardly do 1 now. That’s way worse than fat Jericho winning.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Edge / Orton, for all that it's a good angle, is going to end in an absolutely garbage match.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to watch WWE to know it's shite, it's made by the same people that made when I did watch and just going by the unavoidable news (and the calibre of wrestlers they're totally wasting) is enough. The litmus test is how much you are rewarded by paying attention, in WWE that's plot holes and a metric fuck-ton of stuff that doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s episode 2 down. How the fuck are the Bella Twins in the HOF before Elizabeth?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daniel Bryan v Drew Gulak has been added to Elimination Chamber.

Please give them time because that could be great.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    The Brawl's not even dark. It's just dumb. New Jack's oddly fascinating. He's a twat but he definitely plays up to it. He'd not get booked otherwise.
    New Jack is oddly fascinating, but also a properly dangerous maniac. The worst video of his I've seen is where he destroys some kid with a horrible stiff chair shot and he's absolutely hosing blood from his head unconscious and New Jack is still trying to pick him up and chuck him around.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gino Hernandez episode was a weird story. I'm still not convinced what happened but the fact his family seemingly gained peace after 30 years thanks to this show makes the whole thing worthwhile.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    New Jack is oddly fascinating, but also a properly dangerous maniac. The worst video of his I've seen is where he destroys some kid with a horrible stiff chair shot and he's absolutely hosing blood from his head unconscious and New Jack is still trying to pick him up and chuck him around.
    Right, I'll just rattle these off:

Mass Transit (the kid he cut) - The lad sneaked himself a booking by lying about his age and training. He then spent his time backstage talking tough and pissing people off. In the match he asked New Jack to cut him. He cut deep and the kid went out on a stretcher, flipping off the marks as he went.

Vic Grimes - They worked a match that involved a big jumping off spot. Vic botched it, landed all his weight on New Jack's head causing brain damage and then spent months bragging about how he put New Jack out of action. They then get booked into a scaffolding match together, Vic is booked to go off the scaffolding, freezes and then New Jack says, "Don't worry. I gotcha." Vic misses everything but gets away with a broken ankle.

Gypsy Joe - 70 year-old knacker that no-sold New Jack's offense and called him the n word. New Jack battered him.

Not trying to absolve him completely of blame but he doesn't half get booked into some situations. You really, really have to know how to work with him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Right, I'll just rattle these off:

Mass Transit (the kid he cut) - The lad sneaked himself a booking by lying about his age and training. He then spent his time backstage talking tough and pissing people off. In the match he asked New Jack to cut him. He cut deep and the kid went out on a stretcher, flipping off the marks as he went.

Vic Grimes - They worked a match that involved a big jumping off spot. Vic botched it, landed all his weight on New Jack's head causing brain damage and then spent months bragging about how he put New Jack out of action. They then get booked into a scaffolding match together, Vic is booked to go off the scaffolding, freezes and then New Jack says, "Don't worry. I gotcha." Vic misses everything but gets away with a broken ankle.

Gypsy Joe - 70 year-old knacker that no-sold New Jack's offense and called him the n word. New Jack battered him.

Not trying to absolve him completely of blame but he doesn't half get booked into some situations. You really, really have to know how to work with him.
    Yeah I know all that. He's still a maniac.

That's not how New Jack tells the Vic Grimes story. He said Vic froze on the FIRST one, and that's why he ended up botching it and fucking up New Jack. The second one New Jack says he was trying to get revenge and basically aimed to throw him to his death.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 08-03-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t seen any WWE in ages and just turned on this pre show while the Strowman vignette was playing. What the hell is that IC title? The white one was probably the only good belt left and they replaced it with that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair the current IC title immediately became the second best main roster belt which just makes replacing the classic IC title even stupider..

But yknow, Vince does so hate wrestling.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find myself weirdly obsessed with commentators outfits. AEW outdoes themselves with the guy in a luchador mask forced to wear a suit and adding insult to injury, shooting them full body so you can see his suit trousers are so tight his dick is basically showing.

King hasn't bothered with the outfit tonight so he's decided to just go with a cheap sweater with crowns on it.

edit: Crowd are following Kings lead and an arena of several thousand people seems to have the passion of a saudi front row.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that all sounds like it was a load of meh.

Are Undertaker and Black going to end up teaming at Mania? It feels like that's how they're building it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against my better judgement I checked out the Women's Chamber just to see if Vince was gonna Vince it. It was laughably bad. Probably the worst chamber I can remember, and not helped by the commentators constantly acting like everything Shayna did was "OMFG ONE OF THE WORST THINGS I'VE SEEN IN A CHAMBER" when it was actually all very tame. I almost wish anyone else would have won just so it could at least be funny.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I'll watch any of it other than perhaps Bryan / Gulak.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan and Vinny's reviews of the Tag Chamber make it sound like a masterpiece.....

Bryan's summary of the first 5 minutes was "Kofi with a rare slip on the ropes" while Vinny (I assume that's who it is from the video title.... no idea) gives us "Miz and Morrison are trying to call spots from inside the pod, literally nothing is happening when clock expires".

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tag chambers are just far too busy at the best of times.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, but if you can't make the first 5 minutes interesting when there's only 4 men in there, like a regular tag match, you're in real trouble.

The fact that neither of the teams anyone cared about won is criminal too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis looked so out of his depth. At one point he just stood outside the ring like it was a tag match. Then got in the ring, then back out, then back in. Like you were just spamming C-Up on No Mercy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good bit of commentary was when the chamber was coming down and they introduced it as 'For ONLY the 25th time...'