Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too hot for them? It's about 20 degrees you vapid old tart.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt like a fish trying to do some shopping today. What the fuck is this weather? You can't have this weather AND no football ffs.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did wonder where she was going when it went from "illegally arrested" to "my grandson is coming over tonight" in the same sentence.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stop Oil brigade would probably turn a corner if they dropped all this protest bullshit in favour of some actual eco-terrorism. Not the Ted Kaczynski kind but some mass tree plantings on private property or whatever. The kind of shit you can pull under the cover of darkness. If you're clever about it, nobody bats an eyelid and you probably get more greenery out of it than whatever the government is doing.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just seen that there is a female to male trans player at the Women's World Cup. Doesn't this fly in the face of what trans athletes are trying to achieve? I guess the argument is that one person does not represent that "trans community", but it just seemed a bit odd to me.

EDIT: A quick Google and this player also advocates for female-to-male players being allowed to play in the women's game - so, basically... and, er....without sounding like Harold... they want anyone to play in any team - maybe that's ok, I'm not sure - I'm really out of my depth here.
    Last edited by John Arne; 23-07-2023 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I've just seen that there is a female to male trans player at the Women's World Cup. Doesn't this fly in the face of what trans athletes are trying to achieve? I guess the argument is that one person does not represent that "trans community", but it just seemed a bit odd to me.

EDIT: A quick Google and this player also advocates for female-to-male players being allowed to play in the women's game - so, basically... and, er....without sounding like Harold... they want anyone to play in any team - maybe that's ok, I'm not sure - I'm really out of my depth here.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up trying to keep up some time ago.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is 'Quinn' then they're a woman calling themselves a bloke/not a woman, so, unless they're also juicing, they won't have any physical advantages.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Huh

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    If this is 'Quinn' then they're a woman calling themselves a bloke/not a woman, so, unless they're also juicing, they won't have any physical advantages.
    Indeed. I tried to find out what they were called before the change and learned she was always called Rebecca Quinn and was never a man.

I might enter the grand national, identifying as a horse.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll realise your not a horse as soon as they see your dick.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They’ll think I’m a fossa.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you going to clear those hurdles?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I gave up trying to keep up some time ago.
    Surely this is the only sane position to take. It bores me to deat. The discourse on the internal work social media is incredible when it gets a couple of nutters with entrenched positions involved. It's like watching English football from the black and white days, all passion and absolutely no substance.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Mum and youngest Sister have gone full loon with it and recently rounded on my 13 year old nephew who's not having any of it, he apparently argued them both under the table to the point where the only recourse they had left was to say "you're too young to understand".

Amazing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the general level of the discourse. You can understand why the actual trannies delude themselves into thinking that there aren't any physical differences between men and women, because their entire worldview and sense of self depends on it, lest they wake up one day and realise; but for everybody else it's literally just vibes, and the type of person who will go on national telly and waffle like that is inherently untrustworthy and should be ridiculed everywhere they go.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’ll be sport that brings common sense back into the argument. Some bloke will transition and absolutely destroy the field, then it’ll be feminists vs. trannies and there’s only one winner there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    It’ll be sport that brings common sense back into the argument. Some bloke will transition and absolutely destroy the field, then it’ll be feminists vs. trannies and there’s only one winner there.
    You'd have thought so, but the feminists are losing hard at the moment. I mean, that's all JK Rowling is and she gets a shedload of unwarranted abuse. Even someone like Sharron Davies, who's only ever come at it from a sporting perspective, lost work, received loads of abuse and is only now finally being begun to be heard.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll take some serious injuries to kids in a contact sport before all this horseshit ends.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the general level of the discourse. You can understand why the actual trannies delude themselves into thinking that there aren't any physical differences between men and women, because their entire worldview and sense of self depends on it, lest they wake up one day and realise; but for everybody else it's literally just vibes, and the type of person who will go on national telly and waffle like that is inherently untrustworthy and should be ridiculed everywhere they go.
    You watch that and can't help but ask what the fuck is his motive? He's clearly an intelligent, articulate individual, yet there he is spouting absolute drivel to avoid the obvious. Stuff like that is deeply, deeply sinister.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    It'll take some serious injuries to kids in a contact sport before all this horseshit ends.
    According to Sharon Davies some parents are just taking their kids home if they rock up to an adolescent contact sport event where their girl will be up against a child who was born a boy with an obvious and huge physical advantage. Path of least resistance - you don't have to speak out and get labelled a transphobe.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You watch that and can't help but ask what the fuck is his motive? He's clearly an intelligent, articulate individual, yet there he is spouting absolute drivel to avoid the obvious. Stuff like that is deeply, deeply sinister.
    I genuinely can't wrap my head around it. I know the activists are an aggressive crowd (almost like men and/or mental cases), but how has it proliferated to such an extent that normal people like your mother and sister are advocating it in the privacy of their own home? I suppose the silver lining is that it wouldn't take much to change the vibe, and for people to go back to believing that they all knew to be obvious five minutes ago, but how you remove the incentives is the question.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely can't wrap my head around it. I know the activists are an aggressive crowd (almost like men and/or mental cases), but how has it proliferated to such an extent that normal people like your mother and sister are advocating it in the privacy of their own home? I suppose the silver lining is that it wouldn't take much to change the vibe, and for people to go back to believing that they all knew to be obvious five minutes ago, but how you remove the incentives is the question.
    In the case of my Mum it's even more bizarre than I'd suggested above, in that she's been a proper feminist for decades and is now somehow waving anyone who'd like to be there into Women's sports under the insane belief that "Women are just as strong as Men". I tend to avoid the conversations, but at some point a family get together will arrive where I have one too many drinks and just go all in.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the work Christmas meal I made an obvious joke (but quite good, if I say so myself) about how the England football women had an easier tournament than the men 'because they only had to beat women', and it turns out that the women I work with - who are all reasonably intelligent, and aren't necessary retard leftists - genuinely believe that women can compete with men, and it's impossible for me to say otherwise because we've never seen elite women play elite men. What about sports where men and women compete against objective things like clocks and gravity, and women are still absolutely nowhere near? In those cases the women are worse because they haven't been exposed to the levels of competition necessary to improve.

Mental. Maybe that is it, and people simply don't realise the extent of the strength differences between men and women, and people brought up on films where women beat bad guys up with ease will snap out of it once we sacrifice a few girls to severe spinal injuries.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the work Christmas meal I made an obvious joke (but quite good, if I say so myself) about how the England football women had an easier tournament than the men 'because they only had to beat women', and it turns out that the women I work with - who are all reasonably intelligent, and aren't necessary retard leftists - genuinely believe that women can compete with men, and it's impossible for me to say otherwise because we've never seen elite women play elite men. What about sports where men and women compete against objective things like clocks and gravity, and women are still absolutely nowhere near? In those cases the women are worse because they haven't been exposed to the levels of competition necessary to improve.
    That's the stuff. "They haven't had the same opportunities due to the patriarchy", "Could you win the Women's 100m", are a couple of other crackers I've heard.

The other thing is as well is, if one was to say "The elite Men in one sport are better than the elite Women in that same sport", (as you say) an inarguable fact in something like the 100m, what's actually heard is "Men are better than Women".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the women that are real man haters who make me laugh. I once went on a date and she turned up 30 minutes late. After 15 minutes and a few unanswered whatsapp messages, I decided to go to the pub by myself so I couldn't give a shit if she turned up after that or not. When she finally contacted me and ended up at the bar across the road from the tube station I said I didn't hear from you to say that you were going to be late. All of a sudden she had this stern teacher look on her face and went into a mad one. 'Oh here we go *roll eyes* I AM BEING MANSPLAINED TO! I am a feminist so as a woman we have a right to do what we want! This isn't the 80s anymore where you men can control us!'. Completely taken aback, I explained that it wasn't a man v woman thing, just good manners if you're meeting anyone to let them know you're running late.

Anyway that was too crazy for me to pursue further and after an awkward drink to see if things improved, I decided to call it a night.

I've seen a lot of things written on the internet where women truly believe they can survive without men in this world and whenever a man passes away, they say 'Good. Another one gone'. It's all gone completely bonkers with feminists and trans people running social media and influencing the next generation. Are their dad, brothers, uncles and grandads all bad men? Surely not. 99 percent of plumbers are males. Who is going to dive into a sewer or shove their hand in a pile of shit to clear a blockage when all the men are gone? There are so many jobs that must be done by men to keep the world turning. If you want to really stump a feminist though, ask them who invented the tampon...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AndrewJTate23

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In contrast, a discourse I absolutely do love to come across at every opportunity:

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news/...arrest-of-mum/

I fucking love it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife works with someone who's husband works in Armed Response for the Met. The geezer is an absolute fanny. And we're talking wearing combat trousers to barbecues levels of fannydom.

The police force is just largely unworkable, because the people that would want to do it are generally the last people that everyone else would want to do it.

Which leaves the question of what alternative there is, and, well... fuck knows.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the above body worn camera footage is released these BLMs will go into hiding hard. The fucking original footage they're holding up is enough to show the bitch deserves all she gets.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there were cops like that around whenever I treat myself to a first class rail ticket.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Once the above body worn camera footage is released these BLMs will go into hiding hard. The fucking original footage they're holding up is enough to show the bitch deserves all she gets.
    They won't, because a lot of them believe that black people should just be allowed to do whatever they want at all times (see: the female voice in this).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://boysvswomen.com/#/

Surely this just lols all the 'women are as strong as men at sport' arguments out of the window?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See the lack of opportunities above, mate.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They won't, because a lot of them believe that black people should just be allowed to do whatever they want at all times (see: the female voice in this).
    Christ

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    See the lack of opportunities above, mate.
    I am waiting for the same tits who tried to snark me about the Lionesses Euro success to come if there is a successful world cup run despite not caring about football or even watching their matches last time. I'm pretty sure the England Women's team likely enjoys massive privilege and opportunity over the majority of their opponents (far more than the men)so be fun watching their heads explode with that counter argument.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66286800

As with the Qatar World Cup, if you don't like how a country deals with this stuff then the best thing you can do is not fucking go there. These people are so arrogant and unable to resist money.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I hate this white saviour complex of people coming to regions like Southeast Asia - with no prior research whatsoever to what the culture is, or the repercussions of doing acts like this - and ruining it not for them but for the people who actually live here."
    Nail on head right there I feel. The twat even said "I'll take your money".

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also, what's Matt Healy doing about all of the people in the UK who share those views?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about the bloke, but he sounds like a culture-war version of a bloke wearing half and half kit.

Healy - who has a history of derogatory comments about women and minorities - launched into a tirade against Malaysia's anti-LGBT laws and kissed his bandmate in protest.

He had already been drinking on stage and destroyed a drone belonging to concert organisers. Attendees reported him spitting on fans.
    Team Woke or Team Gammon. Does he care or does he not give a fuck? Pick a side mate.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 25-07-2023 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In related matters, this was good:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...mens-world-cup

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they purposely not name the reporter?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course. I too wanted to find this out. I'm guessing thick-rimmed glasses and a neckbeard.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asking a professional about the sexual orientations of their team is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that it's now reached the stage (if it hadn't already) where none of this stuff should be anywhere near sport.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's fair to (for example) question whether FIFA should hold a major global event in a place where 5-10 percent of people are basically contraband for their sexuality and many others are oppressed as migrant workers. I'm sure Arabs would answer that question with a furious yes they should, while I would give a furious no. However it is completely unfair to make the political personal, especially given they are in Australia where none of this is a problem at all. It's an unintelligent reporter thinking that this is how you get a story.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I think it's fair to (for example) question whether FIFA should hold a major global event in a place where 5-10 percent of people are basically contraband for their sexuality and many others are oppressed as migrant workers. I'm sure Arabs would answer that question with a furious yes they should, while I would give a furious no. However it is completely unfair to make the political personal, especially given they are in Australia where none of this is a problem at all. It's an unintelligent reporter thinking that this is how you get a story.
    I would have agreed with your opening sentence previously, but as time's worn on I fail to see how this is helping anyone - we're still massively invested in the Arab World, our own countries have people in them that hold those views and it's become abundantly clear that sportspeople don't actually give a shit. I still agree with putting pressure on (say Qatar) before the tournament, but as soon as the event's on, just concentrate on why everyone is there. As it is it's just comes across as the West preaching to these "un-enlightened backwaters" (amazing given how many years we spent defending the beliefs of Muslims in our own countries), which I would imagine achieves fuck all at best and at worst (as in that link) is actively putting people at risk.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look Jimmy. What Yev's saying is you need to know your place because we have to sell them some missiles.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Us being money-addicted hypocrites doesn't mean we shouldn't still ask the question, at least to ourselves. I know a lot of people in the Arab world became terribly upset by it, but I see that as their problem, they're free to ask questions about us and do so every day, as I can attest from my mate in the office telling me that BBC News is fake and I should be watching the Iranian channels.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 25-07-2023 at 01:13 PM.