User Tag List

Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be in favour of smaller benches.

I don't think I care either way as regards PPR.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vote yes to 0.5 PPR.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer a full point PPR, but could live with 0.5 if it had more support. My Dynasty/Main leagues are an insane 1.5, so I can live with anything.

I know for a fact that Fay wants to swap to PPR, so that makes 3 of us with me and Mahow. A couple more and we'll make the switch official. Stipulate if you prefer 1 or 0.5 and we'll go with the majority on that too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fully on board for PPR. I have no preference on full or half point.

A personal preference from me would be to trim the starting rosters of 1 flex spot. Aside from that I think all is good.

Side note to how shit it is that we're now done with fantasy football for pretty much 8 months.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly sure @Dan was wanting PPR too last time it came up, so that gives us 5 out of 9 (as I'm not sure Sam will be back, but if no one else joins next year then he can). So we'll swap to some form of PPR.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably say 0.5 PPR if we're voting on that too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d go half point if I could choose, but I’m honestly fine with whichever format we use. As for the rosters, I can’t decide whether it’s too much or not enough - maybe losing one FLEX or WR spot would do it, but I’d have no problem if anyone wanted to make the rosters bigger.

I’ve not helped much, basically

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like half a point PPR is the way to go then.

I don't think the rosters should be any bigger. They work in my 8 team leagues but it was a stretch in a 10. Losing a spot or 2 could be done.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to participate for next year and i am good with any changes that you gents make.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with whatever PPR we decide on.

I would get rid of a WR spot and keep the two flex spots going personally.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We may as well decide the other issue then:

1 keeper or 2? And what rule on keeping the same player as last year? Personally I wouldn’t allow it but I’m open to ideas.

Edit- just realised we already decided at the start of the year there would be a one year limit on keepers, so anyone kept last year will not be eligible. Still need to decide if it's 1-2 keepers for next year though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather 2 but I'm more than fine with just the 1.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah go for 1, makes it more interesting.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 keeper, 1 year limit. Seems about the best way to me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to keep Hopkins and Kamara

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would probably prefer 2, but staying with 1 keeper for 1 year is fine, and ditching a WR spot to keep the 2 FLEX sounds like an idea too.

I'll probably set up a daily fantasy league on Yahoo too if people want to have a go at that.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would we have any interest in going Dynasty?

We seem to have the same core group interested in this, so just a thought.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if I have much/any interest in another Dynasty league, one is enough.

I do love that new "all time" tab on the league page I set up though. It's just a small thing but is cool to look back at. Shame we left Yahoo for a year really as I couldn't include it. Also no idea if there were any leagues before 2003... I couldn't be bothered to go back any further.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three spots that might come up in the dynasty league I set up this year if people want to do dynasty. All three have pretty decent teams as well - think one has Hunt & one has Kamara off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be interested.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain keeper and dynasty format if you can gents.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're basically the same, except keeper tends to allow you to retain one or two players, and only for a season or two, whereas dynasty tends to let you keep almost all your team every year. Dynasty rosters are usually a bit larger as well.

Here's the link to the dynasty league. The bottom three teams are all inactive, and I've just sent out a reminder to the guy in sixth as well. I'll wait to see if any of them return for next season, but if not then the places are up for grabs. I'm thinking about lowering the number of keepers by two or three, and I'll take out week 17 for next season too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeper - At the end of each season you are allowed to keep a selected number of players for the next season. It's usually 1 or 2 players limited to a year. The rest of the players are re-drafted. The penalty is almost always you lose the round pick from which you claimed them the previous year.
    For example this season my keeper was Le'Veon Bell. I got him in the 3rd round last year due to his suspension, so this year I had no 3rd round pick. I simply had Bell. This way rewards you for finding gems late on in drafts, or getting good value on players.

Dynasty - Everyone essentially owns their own club. Rosters are much larger and it will start with one large draft. Each team keeps their players year to year. Each year there is another draft, order based on previous seasons results, in which the new rookies are up for grabs.
    This way of playing is much deeper and for the committed, with the focus on the group of people playing together for many years. It also allows you to build a roster as you see fit. Do you get in all the young guys and plan for the future? Or do you go big on the win now mentality? You can also trade players for future draft picks as you would in the real NFL. This mode tends to put off the more casual player as it can take a couple of seasons to recover if you're the Browns of your league.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that link for the dynasty league,are the rosters gonna stay as i see them?If so i would like to claim one of them if it's possible.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also be up for claiming one of a few of those teams if you need.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they'll be the same by the time you take them over, assuming none of the owners return next season. Currently you can keep 20 players, but I'm thinking of dropping it to 18.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we add players via trades or free agency?In the interest of first come,first served i would like to claim FamBam 35 as my team if that is possible.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, still got waivers & trades. It won't be at least until after the draft that I drop the current owners, but if they're available that's fine by me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do people feel about Play Off Reseeding? I wasn't aware of it as an option until it popped up at the end of the regular season and while I considered it (because it's what they do in the NFL) I wasn't going to do it because I was the number 1 seed and it would look dodgy. Is that something we should have for next year?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I understand what it does, to be fair.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what it does is this, but someone correct me if I'm wrong:

This year the Quarter Finals were Dan (4) Vs GF (5) and Mahow (3) Vs Fay (6). As the number 1 seed I would face Dan or GF because I was rewarded with avoiding Mahow.

However if Mahow had lost to Fay, Pleb would have ended up with the "easier" semi final.

Reseeding would have meant I faced Fay in that scenario, but faced Dan/GF if Mahow won.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoutsonik View Post
    Can we add players via trades or free agency?In the interest of first come,first served i would like to claim FamBam 35 as my team if that is possible.
    This guy.

FWIW I don't like the idea of dynasty. Most of the fun I get from this is from the LIVE draft night, cos I'm a saddo with no social life.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should get first dibs being the one who first showed interest.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    They're basically the same, except keeper tends to allow you to retain one or two players, and only for a season or two, whereas dynasty tends to let you keep almost all your team every year. Dynasty rosters are usually a bit larger as well.

Here's the link to the dynasty league. The bottom three teams are all inactive, and I've just sent out a reminder to the guy in sixth as well. I'll wait to see if any of them return for next season, but if not then the places are up for grabs. I'm thinking about lowering the number of keepers by two or three, and I'll take out week 17 for next season too.
    If Mean Machine is available then I'll take it. Lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    How do people feel about Play Off Reseeding? I wasn't aware of it as an option until it popped up at the end of the regular season and while I considered it (because it's what they do in the NFL) I wasn't going to do it because I was the number 1 seed and it would look dodgy. Is that something we should have for next year?
    Do it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take any but PIPSQUAD.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So here are the results from my 12 teams this season:
    NFL.com Team 1: 11-3 record and got to the championship final which i lost.
    NFL.com Team 2: 11-3 record and finished in 3rd place.
    Nfl.com Team 3: 10-4 record and got to the championship final which i lost.
    NFL.com Team 4: 8-6 record and got to the championship final which i lost.
    NFL.com Team 5: 12-2 record and finished in 3rd place.
    NFL.com Team 6 : 5-9 record,didn't make the playoffs,7th place in the end.
    ESPN Team 1: 7-6 record,made the final which i won.
    ESPN Team 2: 10-3 record,finished in 3rd place.
    ESPN Team 3 : 8-5 record,made the final which i won.
    ESPN Team 4 : 8-5 record,finished in 3rd place.
    ESPN Team 5 : 7-6 record,finished in 3rd place.
    Yahoo Team : 4-7 record,didn't make the playoffs,8th place in the end.

All in all,for someone who started watching the NFL 2 years ago to have 2 wins out of 12 teams,i think it's pretty good going.Gutted to lose 3 championship finals,but i will rebound next year.I am not going to be doing some many teams though,only gonna do the 6 nfl.com allowed teams because its the best layout that i am comfortable with.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how you keep up with 12 leagues. I think 3 would be about the most I could put my full interest into.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had five this season, which was fine, but three were random leagues so I don't think I'd want to go much higher if they were all proper, competitive leagues.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I have three spots that might come up in the dynasty league I set up this year if people want to do dynasty. All three have pretty decent teams as well - think one has Hunt & one has Kamara off the top of my head.
    One of these three teams have left, and the other two will be booted if they don't show up in the next two weeks.

The plan is to do the draft on 9th June at 10pm, so assuming @Sir Andy Mahowry, @Limoutsonik & @Gray Fox are still interested you should all be able to join.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, I was just reading this thread last night, because my Dynasty league is also starting up again.

You're doing your draft in June? Any reason? I still have no decision on when to do mine, but the keeper deadline is coming up in a few days (though fairly sure we are all set).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am flattered but this year i am just going to stick to the 6 allocated teams in NFL.com's site,don't want to split my focus across 3 or 4 websites.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll join. I see "Die Nasty" is free, but which are the other two teams again?

I'm trying to convince my work league to go Dynasty. We have the same core of 7-8 players each season so it makes sense. Although at present, half of them love the idea, the other half would just rather do a keeper or two.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take a stab at it

Have you joined @Gray Fox?
    Last edited by Pleb; 06-05-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. Waiting for the 3 teams and Mahow so we can either pick fairly or Dan can assign them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not so sure because of the draft day.

June is so fucking early.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Weird, I was just reading this thread last night, because my Dynasty league is also starting up again.

You're doing your draft in June? Any reason? I still have no decision on when to do mine, but the keeper deadline is coming up in a few days (though fairly sure we are all set).

The original plan was to do it at the same time as normal drafts, but it sounds like keeper league rookie drafts are normally within a month of the actual draft taking place, so I’ve moved it forward. The date is just to give everyone enough time to set keepers & let the inactive owners have a fair shot at keeping their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'll join. I see "Die Nasty" is free, but which are the other two teams again?

I'm trying to convince my work league to go Dynasty. We have the same core of 7-8 players each season so it makes sense. Although at present, half of them love the idea, the other half would just rather do a keeper or two.
    It’s the bottom three teams - fambam & pipsquad are the two in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    I'll take a stab at it

Have you joined @Gray Fox?
    I forgot it’s a public league so I might have to get the open spot filled in case someone takes it. Does anyone have a preference for that particular team/not want to risk the other spots not opening up?

I’ll probably get the open one done ASAP & then the other two will be sorted in a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take the bottom team "Fambam" if that's alright?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take Die Nasty if it's still open @Dan

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'll take the bottom team "Fambam" if that's alright?
    No idea why you’d want the team with Kamara, Dalvin Cook & the first overall rookie pick

If Mahow’s interested then I’ll let you argue it out, but otherwise it’s yours if it’s still inactive in a fortnight. Same for Die Nasty, Pleb.