0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You need to behave yourself.
    Not sure what that’s in reference to?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of 15 packs I pulled Godin, Varane, Marquinhos & Draxler.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in the process of buying more of the only right sided midfielder that southamtpon had who is a bronze . I had about 20 so far and didn't see the SBC coming so soon. The position isn't needed as the midfield requires three CAM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s an outrageous number of 4231s in there needing a lot of CMs. Only thing I had to buy for but only set me back about 2k for a couple of extra ones.

VDV was going for 14k last night. Shame I needed to use him and Coutinho.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done the Premier League SBC.

Shearer 91 rated yay or nay?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him, I have SIF Mahrez and TIF Son beside him. I actually did his SBC. At the current price you could try him and sell him for a small loss should you not like him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of blocked shots in this game

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right then. What's the overpowered thing of the year this time?

I'll be getting my teeth into it at some point this week. Wouldn't mind making a show of myself in the weekend league soon.

Last year you could make a Prem team with 20-30k easily and it would be good so long as it had Kante and Martial. Is it still the case?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kante is out (his 87 is 80k) Bakayoko is in.
    Martial is still a beast.
    Gabriel Jesus is OP.
    Begovic has the blessed "saves with feet trait"

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah cheers.

After looking around, anyone fancy lending me 600k for that POTM Salah?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just buy some coins, if you arent into the game yet who cares if the wipe you

Here is my current side.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/4597283

I am think of doing the following:

Sell Pogba and KDB
    Use FUTswaps to get Modric
    Finish KDB.

I should have enough for Ronaldo, then I would have Vertonghen in the side until I can afford Rio. Would leave me looking like this:

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/4775746

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTY SBC Sessegnon may throw a spanner in those works

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just buy some coins, if you arent into the game yet who cares if the wipe you

Here is my current side.

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/4597283

I am think of doing the following:

Sell Pogba and KDB
    Use FUTswaps to get Modric
    Finish KDB.

I should have enough for Ronaldo, then I would have Vertonghen in the side until I can afford Rio. Would leave me looking like this:

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/4775746
    How is IF Vertonghen? The way my hybrid side is built my left back and left centre back need to be from the same league and either same club or nationality to maintain full chemistry. I'm using OTW Sanchez at the moment and he's very good, but I'm looking at other options.

Favourite for now is to get the 84 Ake and IF Zeegelaar on the left but I'm open to all suggestions.

My second team is an entirely IF Eredivisie side, with the exception of one of my centre backs because there's only been one centre back in that league who's had an IF this season, and the cunt's had three of them. SIF Lozano is ludicrous.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has not let me down at all. I bought him as soon as he came out and have never looked back. It’s only Icon Rio that would make me drop him.

Sessegnon is an 87 LW. I am 100% doing that SBC. Leaves me with 87 Son, 84 Rashford and eventually 87 Sess as my LF options

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    He has not let me down at all. I bought him as soon as he came out and have never looked back. It’s only Icon Rio that would make me drop him.

Sessegnon is an 87 LW. I am 100% doing that SBC. Leaves me with 87 Son, 84 Rashford and eventually 87 Sess as my LF options
    I would have been nice to have Sessegnon as a LB.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have Birthday Bale so I am not too fussed. I would be tempted to switch them in game. Or atleast late on when Bale can’t bomb on

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've changed my formation now. I play the 4222 with two CDMs and two wide CAMs. One of the two ST, I play him as a false 9 with free role and one of the CDMs I put as get forward. Its such a good system to play. The CDM turns into a box to box midfielder but because he is a CDM, his high defensive work rate puts him back in position nicely. The false 9 ST, drops into the space every time you go forward which seems to work better as a normal CAM. The two wide CAMS also seem to play infield more, compared to the 4231 I've been playing for the past four months.

I have sold 99% of the cards that had any value. The Belgium and Australia league SBC were disappointing, as the special cards are not that popular but I've sold all the players I had from these league as I had them all. I've got 3.5m now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    How is IF Vertonghen? The way my hybrid side is built my left back and left centre back need to be from the same league and either same club or nationality to maintain full chemistry. I'm using OTW Sanchez at the moment and he's very good, but I'm looking at other options.

Favourite for now is to get the 84 Ake and IF Zeegelaar on the left but I'm open to all suggestions.

My second team is an entirely IF Eredivisie side, with the exception of one of my centre backs because there's only been one centre back in that league who's had an IF this season, and the cunt's had three of them. SIF Lozano is ludicrous.
    Guessing you have Tagliafico and de Ligt in the other side?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have those two (84 De Ligt right now though) in my other team

Also:

https://www.futbin.com/18/player/187...m=10&schem=100

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I've got on and done my usual, set my kits/ball/stadium up. Put my coin boosts on and played 3 games with my starter pack shit.

I've got 8k coins and earned a FUT Swap Phil Jones(?). He looks unusable really so I guess I should trade him in. Some of the higher cards you can trade for looks pretty awesome considering they appear to be free(rewards for in-game tasks). Unfortunately me starting so late makes it look like I'll only be able to get a max of 4 of those swaps. This leaves me likely limited to Balde Keita, Henderson or Wendell. Outside chance of Koke, Cazorla or Payet.

Regretting not coming back sooner!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balde Keita looks mental so he should be your man. I have no use for Spanish players and a Ligue 1 striker won't fit anywhere and I'm still considering him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got that Sessegnon last night for a total outlay, including the values of players I already had, of 35k. He doesn't fit into either of my sides and a side built around him would essentially have to be a full Premiership side, in which I have no interest, but those stats are a bargain for that price all the same.

Chances are most of his appearances will be in place of Tielemans in games where his lack of pace becomes an issue.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a little look around and decided to go Dutch. Most of the bog standard players are almost discard value and look serviceable enough. I'll end up getting Balde Keita in as a super sub to solve the striker problem there too.

Their TOTS cards are always cheap as chips too. But in the meantime there's this, which looks very fun.

EDIT: This too:

Last edited by Gray Fox; 18-04-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick a Hunter card on IF Locadia and the striker problem is solved.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PSV RB and Ajax LB are beasts too

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every card in this league is 40k or less. It looks awesome.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real problem positions are LW/LF, CB, and if you use one CDM.

I have an all IF midfield of Pereiro, Ziyech, and I've turned Labyad into a CM with an Engine card. Labyad is like Lampard for arriving late in the area and smashing one in the corner.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would wonder if there is a way to shoehorn De Vrij and Strootman into the team. Maybe the right sided triangle in a 4-3-2-1 with Karsdorp starting but being insta subbed for Arias.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd get away with that if the other two midfielders were Labyad and Ziyech. They get a strong link so you'd stay on full chemistry.

I've just put in Viergiver with an Anchor as my RCB. He works nicely enough until the TOTS comes out. Hopefully they don't do some dodgy joint team and fill the defence with Belgians or something.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I was thinking:

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/4827829

With the Arias instasub. For a SB squad that looks like it would be quite fun to play with.

Younes SBC for under 100k (after coins back but before packs) isn’t bad at all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...le_sbc_update/
    @Gray Fox

Also, if anyone has 82 Ramsey his is binning for max on ps4

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers! I posted a similar guide on those last year. I'm sure I ended up with an untradeable TOTS Herrera from one.

Up to 17k coins now and looking at the DKT. Unfortunately it's one with requirements. 3 max from one league in the squad. Probably not going to be able to do that and have enough quality to win the thing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up with a team with Lemar, Mbappe and Berardi up front. However it shows I spent little on the defence/midfield. Gave the DKT a go but 2 losses in the semi finals was enough for me. I was heavily punching above my weight.

I've sold them all back on and now sit with just over 40k. I've also completed the 2nd FUT Swap challenge during that and so can get Keita whenever I wish. Looks like a fun card. I can grind offline some more, but not for much longer. Finding a random Pirlo in my club also helped the funds(8k coins).

POTY Sessegnon is only a few thousand more than what I have now and looks a tasty card, but I don't think he'd fit in with many squads.

Beyond that, whilst I prepare for another crack at the DKT next week, is it worth my time going into squad battles? Looks like some decent rewards in there, but I've no idea how hard it is to get them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad Battles are well worth the time. It's piss easy to get some decent rewards. I got very little to play last week, I think I played six games total, and I got several thousand coins and three gold packs, two of them Premium, out of it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play on Legendary and find getting Elite 1 to be a slog as I need to play nearly all of the 45 games available to do so, but Elite 2 is more than manageable and you still get two mega-packs and 25k for that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typically play 10-12 games and get a couple of packs out of it (gold1/2 I think, not too sure). Well worth it.

Anyone selling their team ahead of the CRASH? I probably won’t because I just cannot be arsed listing an rebuying at this point

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold birthday Ronaldo to take me up to 1.9m coins and I've still got a fair bit in the club to generate another few hundred thousand, but most of what I have left in the first team is either untradeable or not worth anything (hi Rico).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lost my first game (2-1) in SB today, I was hoping for my first clean sweep but I'm on 47,946 and I've not played the four new opponents.

Oh and let's take a moment to just celebrate Harry Kane:

All on Legendary or against online people and there's a few DC's in there which has added some extra games played.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's obscene Mahow.

Nailing Squad Battles myself at the moment - feels like they've done something to stop the ridiculous 90 minute pressing the opposition employed after the last time they fucked with it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    That's obscene Mahow.

Nailing Squad Battles myself at the moment - feels like they've done something to stop the ridiculous 90 minute pressing the opposition employed after the last time they fucked with it.
    I find that the press crazy once they are losing late in the game. You need quick 1-2s to counter this tactic. I'm tired of the AI and online opponents sprinting at me full speed when I have the ball. Surely the players workrates should take this into consideration and should be heavily impacted on stamina.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've definitely changed something, the opposition is far more open now too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on fire today. Battered a(n admittedly weak) team 14-0 on Legendary and have just tonked a 189 side 6-0.

55,873 points from 25 games, for a 2,234 point average. If this form keeps up I could all but secure Elite 1 with a day to spare and (while I won't finish there) if I get my games in early I might even hit the top 100 for a while.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just lost my first game (2-1) in SB today, I was hoping for my first clean sweep but I'm on 47,946 and I've not played the four new opponents.

Oh and let's take a moment to just celebrate Harry Kane:

All on Legendary or against online people and there's a few DC's in there which has added some extra games played.
    That looks like a carbon copy of his TOTS card from last season. He actually has over 90 sprint speed but his acceleration/agility brings his pace stat down. You can use him however you want. As a battering ram, in behind threat, anything. It's bloody great. I'm assuming he's the same this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I find that the press crazy once they are losing late in the game. You need quick 1-2s to counter this tactic. I'm tired of the AI and online opponents sprinting at me full speed when I have the ball. Surely the players workrates should take this into consideration and should be heavily impacted on stamina.
    They kind of do. Problem is, when you're facing people online now, they've all searched for and got the best players or the 3rd IF version of someone who has their stamina heavily boosted. If you ever played against TOTS Kanté last season you'll know the pain. He could hound you for 120 full minutes with ease.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/18/player/166...m=10&schem=100

He's damn near perfect with a catalyst.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to 50k now. Becoming a slight grind just playing single matches. I should have enough to get myself a decent team now.

Don't mind myself too much which league, though in truth I've never got on with La Liga. BPL or mostly Serie A are my usual ways to go. The Red Mertens and POTM Son I got at the end of last FIFA were my favourite cards on it, so using them again makes sense to build towards.

Ideally want something that can win me games on SB but wont show me up if I give the DKT a go.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post

They kind of do. Problem is, when you're facing people online now, they've all searched for and got the best players or the 3rd IF version of someone who has their stamina heavily boosted. If you ever played against TOTS Kanté last season you'll know the pain. He could hound you for 120 full minutes with ease.
    They need to tweak it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can just about afford this. Good pace on the front 3. Good workrates on the midfield although not likely to be a lot of goals. I could always swap out someone for a Lingard if I need better shooting there. Defence isn't the best on the left, but beggars can't be choosers.

Hoping to use it to get myself coins to save for the Dutch league TOTS.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're using that formation Son is the man for LF. His standard card costs buttons, but stick a Hawk card on him and he feels like a TOTS player. I can't overstate how useful a five star weak foot is in this version.

Would mean using a different striker, but Son will be your primary goalscorer anyway.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son or Martial as LF either will work

Son's 83 being 2k cheaper means I would probably go for him.