Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1612

Thread: What have you bought recently?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Gamecube emulation is pretty solid. My Gamecube has a drifty third party controller so I prefer to emulate rather than play them on the console.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah emulation is 99% brilliant now. There's the odd game that will always cause issues but thousands upon thousands of them are perfect. There's even emulators that absolutely 100% accurately emulate the hardware. Little glitches and all sorts if you're that nerdy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emulation on Steam Deck is quality.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steam Deck can pretty much play everything. It's the best thing out there now.

Only trouble is getting one. Valve taking the hit on the price to be able to get it into peoples hands was a really smart move. Companies are only just coming up with alternatives now but even then because they can't take the price hit, they're 3 times the cost and then what's the point?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve spent the weekend looking at Steam decks….

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was... err... looking at Raspberry Pi's.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’ve spent the weekend looking at Steam decks….
    If money isn't the issue(and you can get one), go for it. Similar style devices from other manufacturers will cost £700+ easily.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are doing refurbished steam decks now, has that not improved availability? I love mine.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I presume a Shield is far too outdated now to do anything on?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I presume a Shield is far too outdated now to do anything on?
    Assuming you mean the NVIDIA Shield, you could likely do some, but by my eye you'll be in an around the Gamecube era with the power the thing has.

You can get mini-PCs which fit the bill better, or the money at the minute is in the handhelds.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watch out for any mini-PCs masquerading as bitcoin miners.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mike the official page just got a refresh of 64gb Steam Decks.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Dolphin set up finally. Some fucking faff getting games onto the Shield when you've never done it before, but after it all the Shield can't handle GC anyway.
    Did all again on my old XPS15 I don't use any more and it's all good. Metroid Prime

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what you need to do to play Wii games on Dolphin with an Xbox controller?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure you just set the controller to be a pro controller. I could be wrong though

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone on here knows, it'll be DS.

If not I'd sift through Reddit.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to want all the tilt controls and all when you go to configure the buttons.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know really where to put this but if you're on Vodafone, you can get Amazon Prime at £1 for 3 months.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going full Chris Eubank/Baz with a green tweed suit for Chester races.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Going full Chris Eubank/Baz with a green tweed suit for Chester races.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    It seems to want all the tilt controls and all when you go to configure the buttons.
    Sorry I'm late with this lad. With an Xbox controller you can't really use tilt based Wii games. There is workaround where you move tilt etc to sticks but its fucking awful.

You can play Mario Galaxy etc, with right stick for pointer. Paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros all work just set it to pro controller.

There are custom ini files I believe for the PS controller as it has gyro built in. And there's a way to set up your PC to accept Wii controllers via Bluetooth but you may as well just play the Wii at the point.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've mentioned it before, but I'm looking for a cheap smartwatch to wear as my workplace doesn't allow phones(unwritten rule that as long as it stays in the pocket/off, you're fine).

Amazon seems flooded with tonnes of the fuckers. All ranging from £20 to 60 and not a clue of the difference in any of them. Has anyone bought one lately?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had this one for a few months before purchasing a more expensive one (Samsung Galaxy Watch 4).

I wouldn't say it's a great watch but it does a decent job. Battery life is very good and I found it comfortable.

The watch faces aren't to my liking (they're all a bit too busy), sleep tracking and step counting doesn't work very well either.

Also doesn't work with Whatsapp.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So not that one then.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I've mentioned it before, but I'm looking for a cheap smartwatch to wear as my workplace doesn't allow phones(unwritten rule that as long as it stays in the pocket/off, you're fine).

Amazon seems flooded with tonnes of the fuckers. All ranging from £20 to 60 and not a clue of the difference in any of them. Has anyone bought one lately?
    What do you do? Every time you mention work it sounds like a sweatshop.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work in a warehouse that's probably not too dissimilar to Amazon. BBC made a short film called Life and Death in the Warehouse and it's pretty accurate in what it's like to be in one if you've ever wondered.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get in trouble for calling an ambulance?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know someone who got in trouble for the company calling an ambulance for them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warehouse work at one of those big places sounds grim. The warehouse attached to my place is bad enough, it's noticeable how differently they treat the warehouse staff compared to us in the office. Warehouse staff are basically human machines on the minimum wage assumed to be society's lowest form of scum. The only advantage of a smaller place like ours over one of the big corporates is that as long as the value gets packed and shipped, then they're not too intrusive about the minutiae of people's work days.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt the old man is electronically micromanaging their productivity percentages, either.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is quite dire. Even in the 8 years I've been here it's got significantly worse. Thankfully I'm not one of those under an illusion as to what's going on. I'm here because I needed a non-agency contract and they're letting me do the 10-2 around the kids school stuff.
    The amount of people I've seen come in, try and work their ass off to get somewhere, continue to see the dangled carrot and keep trying is quite sad.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m trying to get liver scans into the big Amazon warehouse round here, to scan all the staff. On Friday I was confident it was a promising endeavour but now I’m thinking of not bothering.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Warehouse staff are basically human machines on the minimum wage assumed to be society's lowest form of scum.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after doing some digging on smart watches, it seems almost all of the non/fake branded ones on Amazon are not worth your time. Not exactly surprising but sometimes they can be good finds in other departments.

Most reviewers I've checked up on seem to suggest the Xiaomi Band 7 as the budget option and if you want beyond what that offers, you're better jumping up to the £200 ish options of your named brands. Seems like it makes sense to get one of those, see if I need the extra and then go from there. The 7 is about £40 on Amazon, though the 8 has just released in China and can be Ali Expressed over here for about £30.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I’m trying to get liver scans into the big Amazon warehouse round here, to scan all the staff. On Friday I was confident it was a promising endeavour but now I’m thinking of not bothering.
    Scan them for what? Alcohol related damage? I can tell you for certain they wont let you do it. Despite whatever drug/alcohol policies they may have, any chance you're be dinging staff for it is an issue they wont want to deal with.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know anything about 3D printers? Looking them up they seem too cheap (around 500 quid) for something that you'd think they could charge way more for. Is the material or design software how they fleece you or what's the story with them?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given we've hit payday and am still employed I looked back into a smart watch. I don't want to go absolutely nuts and buy one of the £400+ ones and was looking at around about £200 being my top end.

The main players in this range seem to be Huawei. Their GT range is the one most people will be buying and they've recently released the 4th generation of it. As it's new they're bundling a set of decent but not amazing wireless buds as a sweetner.
    They still have the GT3 on there. And beyond that there's the GT3 SE, which as far as I can tell is the same specs as the GT3, but in a cheaper finish.

The downside of Huawei is that since the 5g mast business, you have to jump through hoops to even get their app as it isn't allowed on our Google store. That also means you're essentially locked to what is on the watch/app when you get it. The positive is that what it does have, it does well and the battery lasts well over a week on a full charge, even with all of your features turned on. It would also work on both Android and iOs if I ever switched down the line.

Opposite to them you have the Samsung watch. You can get their 4th gen standard watch for a somewhat reasonable price now.
    Plus of it is that as Samsung and Google play nice together you get access to all of their features and the play store for additional things. Downside is the battery life is horrid. Lucky to get a full day with all the bells and whistles on. It also only works on Android, so if I were to go iOs down the line I'd need to hand it to someone else.

Now Amazon do have a "renewed" version of the 5 pro on sale, which give it a better design and bumps up to double the battery life at least and that's there for £220, but I'm wary as it's not new and nearly £200 less than what they sell it for new.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to me about razors, please lads.

I have been using a Gillette Fusion 5, but they get blunt ridiculously quickly for the price. So I tried switching to pack of cheapo disposables and quickly cut my face to ribbons.

Wa'gwan with "Harry's" and the like? Any good?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The corporation my mum worked for owned Gillette so just before she retired I got her to get hundreds of fusion blades. That was about 3 years ago and im down to my last 5. The only thing saving me is my inability to grow anything more than a shit goatee.

I had one of the electric Brauns for a while but it was really shit for my type of facial hair that just grows as hair rather than stubble.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you cut your face to ribbons with normal bog standard razors? Are you sliding it across your face or something? That said, my most recent batch of supermarket cheapos [Sainsburys] seem noticeably shitter than they have previously been, so may need to upgrade to a branded shitter or a better supermarket.

Anything with more than 2 blades is needless and actively harmful to utility.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate shaving, but a safety razor is the least annoying way to do it imo.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    How do you cut your face to ribbons with normal bog standard razors? Are you sliding it across your face or something? That said, my most recent batch of supermarket cheapos [Sainsburys] seem noticeably shitter than they have previously been, so may need to upgrade to a branded shitter or a better supermarket.

Anything with more than 2 blades is needless and actively harmful to utility.
    How do you shave without sliding the razor across your face?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 0 on a hair trimmer is enough hair to be off anyones face.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    How do you shave without sliding the razor across your face?
    I meant more a side-to side-movement, than an up-down movement, the former being the last train to cut central.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harrys offer a free trial for the cost of delivery(£3.95). You choose which bundle you'd like, should you keep it going after your trial and they'll deliver it based on how often you tell them you shave.

I have a friend who uses them and is very happy with it. Sometimes you can find content creators with discount codes but I dont know of any right now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't shave, it's cheaper and you look cooler.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Harrys offer a free trial for the cost of delivery(£3.95). You choose which bundle you'd like, should you keep it going after your trial and they'll deliver it based on how often you tell them you shave.

I have a friend who uses them and is very happy with it. Sometimes you can find content creators with discount codes but I dont know of any right now.
    Yeah I've done this. 8 cartridges every 2 months and I'll see how I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just don't shave, it's cheaper and you look cooler.
    Can't. I'm BaldyMouse these days and I use them for my bonce aswell. I can't go trotting 'round like a beardy Bill Bailey.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, head shaving is another thing entirely. A friend who does that said he used 4 supermarket safety razors to do the job the other day, which seemed a bit .

I did that Harry's thing but found the razors built up even with the minimum quantity/frequency, although if you are head shaving that should be less of an issue. They were good razors.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go to a barbers and get a middle aged women to shave my beard for about £1. #communism