0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    A possible 12 years in prison

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    We're down to just a handful of kids in school so I'm not even needed next week. My job is to sort out the remote learning for the 95% of the school who are off.

By sort I mean look into the possibilities and go in on Monday and feed back to the head and deputy.
    We had 11 in today and 3 staff with them (one requires 1:1 support) and I had a lovely day. Did some work with them then we were outside having fun from about 10:30-11:00. All done by 3:30 too, normally I’m in until 5:30 on a Friday.
    I’m meant to be in next week but was told there sorting a new rota and it seems it’ll be a while before I’m in again.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done a bit more reading (fuck knows why I do this to myself) and pretty sure major American cities are going to burn from this.

Are they even on proper lockdown yet?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, this is about to get really fucking shit and we're all about to be one or two degrees of separation from someone who dies. Sorry.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's incredible. I know you like your freedom and your disaster movies lads, but, you know... sort it out.

I'm on a Powerlifting page on Facebook and it's 90% American. They really don't give a fuck. Their only concern is if a gym closes near by.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The longer it goes on, the shorter those odds get.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We had 11 in today and 3 staff with them (one requires 1:1 support) and I had a lovely day. Did some work with them then we were outside having fun from about 10:30-11:00. All done by 3:30 too, normally I’m in until 5:30 on a Friday.
    I’m meant to be in next week but was told there sorting a new rota and it seems it’ll be a while before I’m in again.
    I was almost a bit disappointed when I saw I wasn't on the rota next week because it's good to go in a bit considering the current environment, and like you say it's quite chilled with just a few kids and not teaching the curriculum or stressing about sats. Instead I'll just need to try and get my head around google classroom.

In other news, my mum is moving to the front line on Monday as her ward is closed down now and she's going on to the 'coronavirus ward'.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Done a bit more reading (fuck knows why I do this to myself) and pretty sure major American cities are going to burn from this.

Are they even on proper lockdown yet?
    Also, this is about to get really fucking shit and we're all about to be one or two degrees of separation from someone who dies. Sorry.

Can you elaborate a bit...?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit...?
    I know it's been posted, but it speaks volumes:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I lived there when I was at Uni. What's happened?
    It's just been featured on C4 news as the busiest high street in the country despite current circumstances, they sent a reporter to interview the local mongs queuing up outside the Asda.

Moseley hasn't been much better, all the homeless across Birmingham seem to have congregated to drink K Cider and sing UB40.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The key to maintaining perspective is to remember that the deaths are largely inferior specimens whose time has come and gone (any decent stats on distribution of deaths in relation to underlying health conditions?). The real worry is if it causes verified dons to lose a couple of senses permanently.

Properly jinxed my parents there but you don't become a TTH legend through sitting on the fence.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean, but I meant more the one or two separation from someone who dies bit. Does that mean we will have a couple of hundred million deaths worldwide or something? What is the math behind it?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means that Kevin Bacon has it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that graph's numbering is squished. 5,000 to 10,000 to 20,000 to 50,000. Hence Italy's flattening curve.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who’s donning who?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    And that graph's numbering is squished. 5,000 to 10,000 to 20,000 to 50,000. Hence Italy's flattening curve.
    It's a logarithmic scale to track the exponential growth.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should do whatever Japan’s doing.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I heard they are doing is completely lying about their numbers. But I've no very credible source at all.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New York is so, so fucked.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You - like me - could do with a weekend of ignoring this thing.

The numbers are definitely going to get a lot worse quickly over the next few weeks (taking into account that the number of dead will rise for 2-3 weeks after cases start to fall). They’ll stay bad for a few weeks.

All you can do is keep on at the people you care about to stay within the rules and be grateful that each day they’re not sick means they won’t be in the numbers in another two weeks. And remember; even the among the old and sick the vast majority come out the other side.

This will be an anxiety inducing two or three months for most of us. But for most of us it is also the case that the anxiety will be the worst of it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    Hope they prevent all the twats from leaving so that they don't come infect the rest of us.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m so glad I’m working a regular day every day so I can stay off the HORROR on here and Twitter until evening.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'd have asked me early on to guess which city outside of China would be the worst hit, that would be it. Not sure if that's because it's a tourist hotspot in a relatively confined space, or because there were LOADS of Chinese there when I visited.

Also, Cheltenham was on just last week. Seemed a joke at the time. Absolutely wreckless with hindsight.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'd have asked me early on to guess which city outside of China would be the worst hit, that would be it. Not sure if that's because it's a tourist hotspot in a relatively confined space, or because there were LOADS of Chinese there when I visited.

Also, Cheltenham was on just last week. Seemed a joke at the time. Absolutely wreckless with hindsight.
    Most here were screaming for the government to either stop people going to Cheltenham from here or to not let them back in if they went. They did neither and it must be a huge contributor.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire planet's either on or going in to lockdown mate. I know people don't enjoy hearing it, but there's no doubting the HORROR/severity.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a certain delight in NY being badly hit though, mainly from the British again. It’s a bit sad really.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire planet's either on or going in to lockdown mate. I know people don't enjoy hearing it, but there's no doubting the HORROR/severity.
    Yeah but once you know what you have to do yourself then it’s nice to get a break from it. If you were to constantly read Yev and Jim here you’d be running out under the first bus you could find.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently 40 000 people from Wuhan went to New York the same month it broke out in Wuhan.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair one. Yev did end society after his meeting at work.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe yevrah caused this.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    There seems to be a certain delight in NY being badly hit though, mainly from the British again. It’s a bit sad really.
    There's nothing to do in this situation except to hope that you and your own aren't the ones who go under the train.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was walking the dog today (and keeping very very far from everyone considering I may have it) and in the park, there were groups of people playing football. Huge amount of runners on the track that when passing were not 6ft from each other, playing baseball and even some guys tossing a rugby ball around.

Everyone I know here is taking it seriously but it doesn't seem to have hit home for the yoof.

It didn't help that today was 19 degrees so people wanted to be outside. I genuinely fear for this place when it warms up, everyone will be out. They need to bring in strict measures.

We have cop cars driving around telling people from a megaphone to keep apart but nobody listens. I then saw the same car sitting idle whilst the dude played on his phone.

I've felt this since before the outbreak but it feels a bit third world here sometimes. Great city but its fucking disgusting and filthy. And some of the people are so backwards.

Luca did the right thing to get out when he could. Ultimately I know nobody here I care about that is in any way vulnerable and considering I think I've had it, I'm pretty relaxed about it all but I do have friends with older family and they're rightly worried. There's a huge shortfall in PPE and then there's fellas on the streets selling masks - proper looky looky man situation. Weird city/country; but so much fun when everyone isn't dying.

Oh also, we had a 7pm clap for all key workers. Not one person clapped in our building haha

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I was walking the dog today (and keeping very very far from everyone considering I may have it)
    Sorry, WHAT THE FUCK were you doing outside?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got to be grateful for living through this madness, you just couldn't make it up.

The mental battle is going to be stunning. Not so much the melts who have hos and nappies to keep them distracted, they'll see it through (the relationships may not) but the lone warriors who are staring into the abyss.

'Everyone is the other, no one is themselves'. Not any more, son, not anymore

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Sorry, WHAT THE FUCK were you doing outside?
    Walking my dog.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scum.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walking my dog.
    Get a dog walker ffs.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol i think that was actually honest rage from Phonics

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't see Greg doing something like that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Lol i think that was actually honest rage from Phonics
    'I think I've got a virus that has killed thousands of people but gotta save 25 dollars to walk the dog' is just insanely selfish. I genuinely can't wrap my mind around it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Get a dog walker ffs.
    Who would have to touch my dog/leash etc that we've been touching? And my dog pisses more than once a day so you want me to pay $100 a day? He goes about 4 times.

Fwiw I wore a mask and gloves and literally just went round the block so he doesn't shit and piss in my apartment. I walked in the road if there was anyone on the sidewalk. I work for an infection prevention organization so I'm aware of the risks etc.

Take the L and walk away.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was walking the dog today (and keeping very very far from everyone considering I may have it) and in the park, there were groups of people playing football. Huge amount of runners on the track that when passing were not 6ft from each other, playing baseball and even some guys tossing a rugby ball around.

Everyone I know here is taking it seriously but it doesn't seem to have hit home for the yoof.

It didn't help that today was 19 degrees so people wanted to be outside. I genuinely fear for this place when it warms up, everyone will be out. They need to bring in strict measures.

We have cop cars driving around telling people from a megaphone to keep apart but nobody listens. I then saw the same car sitting idle whilst the dude played on his phone.

I've felt this since before the outbreak but it feels a bit third world here sometimes. Great city but its fucking disgusting and filthy. And some of the people are so backwards.

Luca did the right thing to get out when he could. Ultimately I know nobody here I care about that is in any way vulnerable and considering I think I've had it, I'm pretty relaxed about it all but I do have friends with older family and they're rightly worried. There's a huge shortfall in PPE and then there's fellas on the streets selling masks - proper looky looky man situation. Weird city/country; but so much fun when everyone isn't dying.

Oh also, we had a 7pm clap for all key workers. Not one person clapped in our building haha
    I figured aligning my health insurance to my current location was probably the right call, especially being in the US on a temporary visa.

I reckon that if I’d gone to Smithfield Hall for the derby I’d have gotten it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    We've got to be grateful for living through this madness, you just couldn't make it up.

The mental battle is going to be stunning. Not so much the melts who have hos and nappies to keep them distracted, they'll see it through (the relationships may not) but the lone warriors who are staring into the abyss.

'Everyone is the other, no one is themselves'. Not any more, son, not anymore
    I'm single, this was my seventh day of isolation, and it's the first time I've felt the strain. Two quick chats with the shopkeeper in a week isn't good for your health.

I've not seen anyone in my flat all week. Surreal.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on tesco now lads. New click and collect slots for 17th April.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the mild annoyance of not being able to go to the gym this week has been an absolute piece of piss for me. Neighbours appears to be going to some weird reduced schedule as of next week though, so we'll see.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, week 1 was all new and intriguing and there was enough novelty to it but week 2 has shown signs of the bleakness to come.

Once all the vaseline and jizz settles, all that will be left is inner reflection and I'm not sure any one is ready for that shit. The 'social recession' is going to bite.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I figured aligning my health insurance to my current location was probably the right call, especially being in the US on a temporary visa.

I reckon that if I’d gone to Smithfield Hall for the derby I’d have gotten it.
    Can you come back and walk my dog 4 times a day please?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been easy for me so far. Plenty of work to do, unfortunately, and after that is all walks in the woods, videogames, and TV shows. Better than the regular schedule.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Champagne socialist are still calling for a level 4 lock down. I think Im done with the Greens for the time being...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK Foreign Office over here starting to talk about repatriation for Brits... Why the fuck would anyone who has already decided to stay (ie. they live here now) want to go back to the shitstorm that's happening in the UK.
    No thanks, mate.