User Tag List

Page 381 of 581 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 19,001 to 19,050 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Peston attend a TED talk on the impact of speech? He sounds like a very morbid Christopher Walken. Impossible to follow.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "modelling".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitty dropping the hammer that eventually we are going to be lumping covid in with flu and pneumonia.

Magic 1-0 Zero Covids

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh look science is back in the doldrums where it belongs.

Hope they enjoyed their very small period of relevance.

Clubs open.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Oh look science is back in the doldrums where it belongs.

Hope they enjoyed their very small period of relevance.

Clubs open.

It’ll be “the science” that vaccinates the entire country and allows you back in the clubs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time a Journalist asked a good question at one of these?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post

It’ll be “the science” that vaccinates the entire country and allows you back in the clubs.
    Well they could have easily done that without appearing on GMB every 5 minutes with their wallpaper bookshelf background, cunts.

Also nobody will care about DOCTOR DEATH or moaning teachers anymore and we will parody the clapping on low tier comedy on the BBC for years to come.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pay cuts for whinging frontline workers (aka workers) to pay for the debt? Yes please.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they could have easily done that without appearing on GMB every 5 minutes with their wallpaper bookshelf background, cunts.

Also nobody will care about DOCTOR DEATH or moaning teachers anymore and we will parody the clapping on low tier comedy on the BBC for years to come.
    Just because you don't own any books.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain to me how this whole anti vaccine concept got so big? Can I get a sweeping floyd theory?

Is it that ‘big pharma’ has been so obviously for profit that now when they’re actually needed there’s an assumption of an alternate goal?

I just don’t see how you can grow up and look at small pox and poleo and think ‘vaccines aren’t real’. It just doesn’t compute.

Is it just another thing like the Brexit vote? People are given such little empowerment that anyway they can lash back at the institutional status quo they will?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small pox and polio were actually dangerous to normal human beings lol.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wakefield had a massive effect. Besides that, I can't think of anything beyond the idea that people don't like the idea of getting injected with stuff, so will find whatever bullshit they can to justify that position.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Can someone explain to me how this whole anti vaccine concept got so big? Can I get a sweeping floyd theory?

Is it that ‘big pharma’ has been so obviously for profit that now when they’re actually needed there’s an assumption of an alternate goal?

I just don’t see how you can grow up and look at small pox and poleo and think ‘vaccines aren’t real’. It just doesn’t compute.

Is it just another thing like the Brexit vote? People are given such little empowerment that anyway they can lash back at the institutional status quo they will?
    Because a good, juicy conspiracy theory that involves microchips, poisons and population control is far more interesting than your average Facebook mom’s life where she’s bored at home, postnatally depressed and her husband is cheating on her.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because a good, juicy conspiracy theory that involves microchips, poisons and population control is far more interesting than your average Facebook mom’s life where she’s bored at home, postnatally depressed and her husband is cheating on her.
    Again no middle ground. How about the fact that it's not dangerous to most people?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again no middle ground. How about the fact that it's not dangerous to most people?
    Phonics was asking why people are anti-vaccine, not specifically covid.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post

It's fascinating, and, to me, is more of a belief system that a specific belief, if that makes sense. I remember finding out someone I knew reasonably well and drank with in the pub most weeks was an ardent anti-vaxxer. It really took me aback as, although he wasn't a particularly well educated chap, he was bright enough to have done very well for himself in a reasonably professional field and not at all a conventional nitwit [I know a good few conventional nitwits who are anti-vax]. He was big into believing everything was a big pharma conspiracy so I think it has its root there (there was absolutely no reasoning with him which is why, to me, it is more akin to religious belief than anything). I reckon that seed of conspiracy has been taken up in recent years by the various 'go back to the stone age' movements [paleo diet, I dunno, there must be others], that usually, somewhat without a sense of irony, exploit 21st century communication networks to propagate themselves - and this falls in with that. Modern age bad, the way things were good. In turn, those sort of beliefs in various other fields have become quite fashionable, and so the vicious circle of 21st century disinformation and influencing has brought about this modern age of anti-vax madness.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And of course Wakefield and the rise of autism as a thing with a name and such [rather than those people just being seen as a bit weird/socially awkward in the past].

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future historians will pin most postmodern madnesses on the decline of traditional religion and consequent screaming spiritual void, imo.

There are little Jonestowns that pop up everywhere.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think pretty much every explanation offered is part of the AntiVaxx pie but Niko has smashed it out the park.

It's new age, Keto, Crystal Therapy bollocks gone mainstream and rocket propelled by an ever growing (and understandable) distrust in governments / powerful people.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's part of the Russians/Chinese internet assault on Western society too. Such low hanging fruit to go at.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of MHRA playing a blinder, why on earth has God's United States of America not approved Oxford/AZ yet?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    On the subject of MHRA playing a blinder, why on earth has God's United States of America not approved Oxford/AZ yet?
    Because they’re still shitting their pants about the low dose / standard dose error. It was silly, but real world data will trump it. They’ll approve it eventually.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they not ever lift their eyes beyond the corn fields of Iowa or wherever their offices are? We've injected 6-8 million people with it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massively disagree with the 'downfall of religion' and 'its the russians/chinese fault' but apart from that, interesting contribution outside of Magic missing the point and getting angry about it (what's new).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they not ever lift their eyes beyond the corn fields of Iowa or wherever their offices are? We've injected 6-8 million people with it.
    American exceptionalism is real, god bless them.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real answer to this is that they're forcing this to go through the full approval process because they want Pfizer to sell as many ditribution contracts to States/Hospitals/Insurance Co's. as they can before they have to put it to market. Whenever you have a question about why something in American healthcare is absurd, follow the money. All the regulatory services there have been gutted to the point their existence is only to block unwanted competition.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qanon is a major, well organized psychological operation run by people like general Flynn. https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...717ee79b5c/amp

It's basically mass brain washing. There's a really good medium article about the gaming of it all. https://medium.com/curiouserinstitut...JOct3xJmrTyr60

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qanon is a religion in all but name. Scientology or whatever would be a halfway house between it and more traditional religions.

People need to believe in something / belong to something, this is also how terrorist groups the world over recruit kids.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are more people reporting on/studying QAnon than actually believe it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not true either.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a few polls about it this week. It has favourability of about five per cent (almost the lizardman's constant - and twice as high amongst black people on one of them), and as many people haven't heard of it as have an unfavourable opinion.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wakefield had a massive effect. Besides that, I can't think of anything beyond the idea that people don't like the idea of getting injected with stuff, so will find whatever bullshit they can to justify that position.
    Do you not think it's reasonable for people to have reservations about the MRNA vaccination considering it's very recent history, lack of stage 3 clinical trials and unknown long term side effects?

All of the above I think are minimal risks, but I can see how some people may have reservations.

There are also other people who claim society shouldn't be such fat unhealthy bastards, which would help combat the virus. I can see this viewpoint as well, but it's unrealistic.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s okay quincy, we know you’re the skeptic. You can stop pretending now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Init. It's pretty obvious you've made your mind up due to Linda on Facebook.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Do you not think it's reasonable for people to have reservations about the MRNA vaccination considering it's very recent history, lack of stage 3 clinical trials and unknown long term side effects?
    Possibly to a very small extent, but they should have more reservations about they or loved ones (god what an awful phrase that is) catching Covid, and so on the balance of risks, there is no excuse for anyone not to take the vaccine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. The risk of serious illness from covid is surely higher (and even that risk is extremely low).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post

All of the above I think are minimal risks, but I can see how some people may have reservations.

There are also other people who claim society shouldn't be such fat unhealthy bastards, which would help combat the virus. I can see this viewpoint as well, but it's unrealistic.
    See my previous response with regards to risk aversion for my answer.

Is concern fair? Yes. Is it over-blown and being applied in a way that it isn't to absolutely anything else? Also yes.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads, stfu and just keep this thread to events listings as and when they get announced, please.

I won't be looking for anything specific for the first week beyond absolute run-of-the-mill be@one and gay club experiences but after that, I'm going to have to be more selective. Imagine thinking my A/L may go to waste this year. Tears in my eyes.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s okay quincy, we know you’re the skeptic. You can stop pretending now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Init. It's pretty obvious you've made your mind up due to Linda on Facebook.
    If only I was on Facebook.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anti-vax is a big thing because there are a lot of really stupid, easily led people who get to feel clever by "knowing" something the majority don't.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell us about ITK Reddit again

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnson brothers inbound according to Romano.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the restaurants are opening up on the second day of the great Muzzy fast

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are now pushing back against getting their kids the HPV jab.

I standing by my claim that Australia has the most anti-vax people per capita.

https://www.facebook.com/21733364837...2588948515826/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Apparently the restaurants are opening up on the second day of the great Muzzy fast

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A banger of a file photo the BBC have used on their article.

I hope you got paid for that, Phonics.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guardian editorial here. Not some silly columnist - the editorial.

Toggle Spoiler

RIP the British left once again. See you in ten years.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus. Surely even the science must suggest zero COVID is essentially impossible now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "the apparent early success"

They're absolutely gutted we've nailed this, absolutely gutted.