User Tag List

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 2418

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guarantee if you sign him the star ratings will change.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scouts also look at other hidden shit (consistency, adaptability, big matches etc etc) which contribute to their assessment of a player.

They can also just be wrong. Even without knowing his PA I'd have taken a punt on him because those cons aren't too bad and he looks mustard for his age.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ponghwasan 2022/23 Season Update:

League:

We were flying high at the start of the campaign but stumbled as my strikers couldn't find the goal even with maps provided. We were stout defensively but had so much trouble breaking down teams in the middle of the season.

Here is the xG table:

I would show the schedule list but there is a bug in North Korea where the schedule list is completely blank for every team.

Cup:

Only played one game in the second round against a top division side (who are on course to finish third):

We played fairly well in 90 minutes but in ET we completely folded. We even had a great chance at the end of the 90 minutes to win it but useless striker couldn't hit the target.

Squad:

Annoyingly the second transfer window opened really late and despite bringing in some great loanees (Ryo Jong-Chol on the right wing and Ri Il-Song up front) we were too far gone to challenge the top 2.

Future:

I'm already working on my Continental B badge because the North Koreans loved sending me on courses and I think Africa is calling me for my next stop.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new club.

FC Quince De Agosto of Equatorial Guinea.

Here is the stadium:

Which looks pristine. The game says it's a 10k all-seater stadium. Wiki says it's a 4k capacity stadium.

Here is the city:

Wiki says it's known for it's nightlife and it is the former capital of the country.

No team photos that I can find sadly.

Squad:

Key Player:

Hot Prospect:

The team finished as champions in the second division last season (two groups in the second division, they won one of them) so we're going to the top division. There are two groups of 8 and the top 3 qualify for the Champions Playoff. The board want us to attempt to avoid relegation.

Finances:

£42k in the bank and I've got a transfer budget of £8.5k and there is a wage budget of £3.5k or which we are currently spending just £113. So it's pretty much a blank slate for me to work with.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.footballmanager.com/news...otball-manager

However, as a sneak preview, I can share progress that’s been made towards one of the most requested features from our forums over the last 20 years – and that’s the ability to transfer saved games from one version of FM to the next.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "...and we're calling it... Project Dragonfly."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely don't get wanting to transfer saves over. Just play the previous version, changes between them are so small anyway.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a good laugh seeing all the content creators who've been highly vocal about how much they hate the game currently and are thinking of stepping away from the series now praising SI out the arse in a desperate attempt for FM25 early access and potential content.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I grasp this right, they seem to be getting out ahead of the bad reaction they're going to get for FM24, by saying '25 will be the dogs bollocks.

Why would anyone buy FM24 now?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it makes no sense. They're claiming it'll be a love letter to previous versions so just expect nothing to work and it to be a chore to play

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It absolutely sucks donkey bollocks cos Warrington will no doubt have been relegated back to a non-playable league by FM25.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Yeah it makes no sense. They're claiming it'll be a love letter to previous versions so just expect nothing to work and it to be a chore to play

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    It absolutely sucks donkey bollocks cos Warrington will no doubt have been relegated back to a non-playable league by FM25.
    Buy FM24 when it's dirt cheap, start the game on FM24 then carry on the save in 25.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    FYI, been reading some stuff and as expected FM24 is basically going to be exactly the same game as FM23, but with the women's database added. Bit of a piss take.

Having said that, the game has basically been the same as the previous version for a good few years now.

Does anyone use the squad planner?
    I visit the scouting screen perhaps once or twice a season
    I don't even bother with training anymore.
    This was spot on then.

Even with FM25, as someone who still plays commentary only, there isn't much else to look forward too.

Still no idea why they aren't getting back into the online world.

Also, one interesting tidbit that Loki noticed was the use of the phrase "service model" in one of the press releases...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will continue doing this until either people stop buying the game or a competitor arrives on the scene. As it is, just updating the squads and the kits is enough.

I'm still playing FM22 (occasionally) and I can't see any reason to change that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever that chode is in the video above is on some grift. Sit there in your beard and glasses, over-pronouncing every syllable, shilling for Miles Jacobson. He probably genuinely thinks he works really hard.

They're going to move to a subscription model, I'm guessing? From FM25. Don't know why you would bother relaunching otherwise as the current model clearly works well financially and involves relatively little effort.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 29-06-2023 at 08:24 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I read 'Football Manager 2024 will be the 20th game in Sports Interactive’s Football Manager series, and will be the last of its kind.' I assumed a service model was coming in, instead it just said how the faces won't be as scary.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Whoever that chode is in the video above is on some grift. Sit there in your beard and glasses, over-pronouncing every syllable, shilling for Miles Jacobson. He probably genuinely thinks he works really hard.

They're going to move to a subscription model, I'm guessing? From FM25. Don't know why you would bother relaunching otherwise as the current model clearly works well financially and involves relatively little effort.
    I used to like him a lot but he's a prick who is really grating and you see that the more you watch him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was 03/04 the last Champ Manager? Was that the 'dot$' one that had a Leon Osman focused magazine to promote it pre-launch?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quince de Agosto 2024 Season Update:

League:

We did incredibly well in the league group phase, we were meant to finish bottom but we were great and had a lot of momentum going into the playoffs.

But we completely bottled it.

We battered our opponents in the first two games but instead of the 6 points we should have had we only picked up 1. We then completely shat the bed against Mogomo before playing well when it was too late and we didn't turn up for the last game.

Cup:

When we dumped out Akonangui I thought we were going to win it. Sadly in the semi-final we got an early red and really should have lost before penalties where we were awful.

Squad:

Santiago Ferreira was massive for us. On the mid-season transfer deadline day our main striker decided to drop down to the second division (he was the joint top scorer in the first league at the time) and I quickly picked up Santi who, after a slow start, went bonkers.

Future:

I'm staying here for another season at least, I want to win the league here and possibly the cup too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to do a youth academy only save. Obvs, I know there are loads of clubs with great youth setups, but I'm looking for a club/save where the club's board's core aims/objectives are to actually do this, produce a dynasty based solely on their own youth setup/academy and actually have the time/patience to let you achieve this. Is there one out there? Large or small, I'm not fussed, but I like the idea more of building up a smaller club this way, if there is one.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I used to like him a lot but he's a prick who is really grating and you see that the more you watch him.
    Hes better than Benjy and his fucking Easter Island teeth tbf. Only really Zealand who is a semi decent FM 'star' (lol)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Hes better than Benjy and his fucking Easter Island teeth tbf. Only really Zealand who is a semi decent FM 'star' (lol)
    Benjy would be alright if he clearly didn't hate the game and as such keep quitting on series.

I'm a big fan of WTS (although he can be annoying) and Loki Doki.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
    I want to do a youth academy only save. Obvs, I know there are loads of clubs with great youth setups, but I'm looking for a club/save where the club's board's core aims/objectives are to actually do this, produce a dynasty based solely on their own youth setup/academy and actually have the time/patience to let you achieve this. Is there one out there? Large or small, I'm not fussed, but I like the idea more of building up a smaller club this way, if there is one.
    Athletic Bilbao is the obvious one, with a slight bit of wiggle room for signing Basque players from other teams.

You have Altınordu F.K. in Turkey, who only sign Turks.
    Paksi FC of Hungary only sign Hungarians.
    Chivas Guadalajara in Mexico only use Mexicans(this would be my pick)
    Deportivo El Nacional only use Ecuadorians.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely looking for a European side. Atalanta seem like a good option. I think I'm looking at first or second tier.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maidenhead might be a fun save next year if it’s true they have a 25% sell on fee for Max Kilman

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Maidenhead might be a fun save next year if it’s true they have a 25% sell on fee for Max Kilman
    FIFA stopping him from representing Ukraine because he played for England Futsal was a dick move, too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quince de Agosto 2025 Season Update:

League:

We started the season well but we had a weird middle where we wobbled massively. It looked like we were going to win our group again but the stumble meant we were hanging onto third by the end.

Playoffs:

Really hurts this one, we were so close. The 3-0 loss especially was a shitter as we got an early red and were the better team but after I went more attacking we conceded in the 89th, 91st and 94th minutes.

Cup:

Not great but the board didn't give a shit so I kept sending out a second 11.

Squad:

There was A LOT of changes here as I was hoovering up talent and I think I signed about 40 players (some of which I then let go as I couldn't register everyone) and quite a few left. The Dickhead who left us on deadline day mid-season last year came back which was nice and he did score a couple of important goals.

Youth Intake:

It was labelled as a GOLDEN GENERATION and when I saw this lad I knew why:

Our next best CB is rated at 3* CA, he's already the best CB in our group and he's our key player. There are a couple of other potentially decent players but they need work.

Future:

I'm doing one more season, we're in the African version of the Europa League (I can't find rules as to qualification in the league notes but I guess the two "winners" of each group get continental football with the highest placing team in the playoffs getting Champions League) after last season's heroics which kick off in a few weeks. I want a taste of that and I want one last crack at winning the league here.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quince de Agosto 2026 Season Update:

League:

We were on fire at the start of the season and when we beat Deportivo Mongs 8-1 I thought we'd cruise to the title. Akonangui pushed us in the league phase hard but we never lost the top spot after the 8-1 win.

Playoffs:

Akonangui battered us in the first game but needed a 91st minute goal to win and as soon as they did that I knew it was going to be tough to win the championship. We battered Unidad but they held on and grabbed a late winner and I then played the reserves in the last game because we couldn't win.

Absolutely gutted as we had the quality to win but we fucked up the playoffs again. The club was promoted from the second division when I came in and we were predicted to finish 8th, 8th and 3rd in the regular league. I took us to 1st, 3rd, 1st so I've done a good job but I still feel it's a bit of a failure.

Cup:

Not the hardest run but not the easiest, other than the semi-final where we played the weakest team left.

Final:

Can't believe we lost this, we were so good in this match but some shocking defending and goalkeeping kept putting them back into it. When it went to penalties I knew we had no chance.

Squad:

Ended up streamlining the squad a lot, mainly because our wage budget went from £3.7k to £2k because we're losing money like crazy. Star of the team is this man:

I knew he'd be too good for this league but I didn't expect him to bag 46 goals in all competitions. Sadly I almost instantly upset him because I forgot that he locked in a promise to bring in another Ethiopian which he never got over and is now leaving the club at the end of the season.

Future:

My time in Equatorial Guinea is over and I'm really sad I don't have more to show for it even though I did exceed expectations. Plan is to go east either to Asia or Oceania.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've very slowly been playing in Mexico after getting a kit for Christmas. Anyway, the league structure is confusing. I won the Expansion League Opening Stage, then went into the playoffs for the Expansion League Opening Stage, and won the final. Now I'm in the Expansion League Closing Stage.

Anyways, the trophy for winning the Opening Stage playoff final is something you'd win in primary school.
    Last edited by Mike; 15-07-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new club!

Lae City Dwellers of Papua New Guinea.

Here is the stadium that is used in real life (in the game we have a new stadium though):

At least I think that's where we play. The club has a weird history, they were called Toti FC then changed the name to Lae City Dwellers FC, then to Lae City FC and finally another club called Lae City Dwellers FC was set up claiming to be the original club.

Here is the city:

The city is the second largest in Papua New Guinea and is called the Garden City. It's also the main port hub and the main industrial area.

Here is the squad in real life:

The FM squad:

Key Player:

Hot Prospect:

League:

The team has won the title for the last two seasons and they also got to the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League this season. Board want a top 2 finish, season preview has us in second and the media have us coming top.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My least likely win to date

If I can beat Benfica with 8 men, surely this is the year I beat PSG with 11

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We pre-date mother fucking Jesus.

WE ARE IMMORTAL.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lae City Dwellers 2026/27 Update and New Job:

Transfers:

Basile was the big transfer here and you'll see why later. Also, I went a bit too hefty on the forrin signings so Ashley Seddon couldn't be registered and he wasn't a happy lad during the season.

League:

We led from start to finish and even the games we lost we should have won. We were miles better than everyone else.

Cup:

Again, miles better.

Continental Football:

When we beat Auckland City so convincingly I really thought we had a chance of going all the way. Sadly we just didn't turn up against Rewa, especially the keeper.

Squad:

Basile was so damn good and he just couldn't stop scoring. I think there were only 3 or 4 games in which he didn't score a goal in, the man was a machine. Also, it's a shame it took Eyob quite a while to get going (he was signed to be my main striker until I saw Basile) but he ended the season on fire. Had he been like that earlier I think we could have won the OFC.

Future:

Took me a while to finds a new job, I was originally searching for something in North America but there wasn't much there so I decided to expand my search. It became clear that it would either be South America or Asia and I was favouring South America. However, I was lolled at for the better jobs there and the clubs that wanted me had fuck all money. As such I chose:

We're not spending that much so I will have plenty to play with.

City:

We are based in Turkmenbasy in the great country of Turkmenistan which is a major seaport on the Caspian sea. The city has had a few different names in its history but my favourite has to be SHAGADAM.

here is the glorious train station:

The wonderfully colourful city::

The beautiful airport:

The Stadium:

What an entrance.

FM says it holds 5k fans, I call bullshit.

Team photo:

FM Team:

League:

We have two games of the season left. The first is today against Yedigen in 8th away and then we play Asgabat in 3rd away in 2 weeks. A point is all we need to secure safety.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the results from the league this season:

I came in for the last two games and we did well. Even battered Asgabat and really should have taken 3 points there.

Table:

I genuinely think with the money we have I could get us into the top 4 with an outside shot at a title challenge.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just 17, but only 4 star potential.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be training him as a CM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I'd be training him as a CM.
    Cheers - will give that a go.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got this chappie in a youth intake. Any thoughts on what his best position might be? Bizarre spread.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s with the drop shadow?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just how Macs take screengrabs .

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won the second half of the season league, having already won the first half of the season league, and the resulting knockout competition. My reward, nothing but another knockout playoff competition thing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won it!

Lost the first leg 3-1, Won the second leg 7-0, because I told them off.

Meaning we won two early to mid 90's Sports Shield Trophies.

Last edited by Mike; 01-08-2023 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmm... money.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't @Yevrah do this first?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent name, decent player.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunned he's only got the 1 cap.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason there are loads great players constantly being overlooked.