Results 10,401 to 10,450 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The next stage of the pandemic (probably globally) will be people gradually realising that - having avoided doomsday plague pit scenarios - yes, the economy now really is more important than health.
    And other health is more important than COVID health.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That too.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, mental?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next stage of the pandemic (probably globally) will be people gradually realising that - having avoided doomsday plague pit scenarios - yes, the economy now really is more important than health.
    Have we avoided it?

Austerity itself caused 130,000 avoidable deaths and given we're going to be in even more trouble than when the banks crashed, the projected number of deaths as a result of the unemployment etc that's due to come is scary. Doomsday is coming either way.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we have. The bodies piling up in the street thing hasn't happened. All the complaining you have been doing from day 1 (justified I'm sure) has been economy-related.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Have we avoided it?

Austerity itself caused 130,000 avoidable deaths and given we're going to be in even more trouble than when the banks crashed, the projected number of deaths as a result of the unemployment etc that's due to come is scary. Doomsday is coming either way.
    I think that's what Jimmy meant. We've caused the bodies in the street by acting to avoid the bodies in the street that wouldn't have happened.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    What, mental?
    Yes, and everything else you know like physical rehab for injuries, screenings, ongoing treatments that all went to fuck. Not to worry I'm sure you'll be suffering from something that will require one of those soon enough.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Yes, and everything else you know like physical rehab for injuries, screenings, ongoing treatments that all went to fuck. Not to worry I'm sure you'll be suffering from something that will require one of those soon enough.
    Most people will. You can let me know how your young one gets on when she's talking to a professional about you in later years.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's snide.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    That's snide.
    Which one?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >You can let me know how your young one gets on when she's talking to a professional about you in later years.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lolled

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >You can let me know how your young one gets on when she's talking to a professional about you in later years.
    True. I'm the one one that's fair game, I'd forgot.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Most people will. You can let me know how your young one gets on when she's talking to a professional about you in later years.
    I'd encourage her to do so, everyone would benefit from some form of counselling.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we have. The bodies piling up in the street thing hasn't happened. All the complaining you have been doing from day 1 (justified I'm sure) has been economy-related.
    I don't think we've avoided it and with the mass protests, people swarming the beaches...we'll be Germany with our no longer 'that' important R rate soon enough, not that we'll know since government will hide it and paint a different picture. The bodies piling up in the street might not have happened but that's because we launched them into care homes instead and shit the bed when we realised we'd got it wrong hence the late lock down. If we had gone the route we were initially going then it would have been even worse, no?

As for my complaining...far from economy related really but I give up with mentioning that on here because I know I am right and the part that's hurt me the most is the damage it caused directly to so many people, not just me. BBC are all over it now so the wider public will see for themselves soon enough. Wednesday is an important day after the treasury released their report and now BBC are actively hunting out those affected.

I still don't see a happy ending, basically but maybe that's because my doomsday already occurred so there's a small chance I'm blinded. I don't think I am though. I swear being an empath of sorts fucks me over just as much as I do myself.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't say it's wrong though. It took me a long long time to come to terms with my father and his history which clearly had an affect on me in my developing years. Father's Day and the like just a yearly reminder. Nothing on MJ as I'm sure he's a decent enough father himself but just his break up alone has probably had a huge affect on his daughter.

That's all I'll say though as it doesn't feel right talking about a kid.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd encourage her to do so, everyone would benefit from some form of counselling.
    Good job. Perhaps when she's older enough and if she's unlucky enough to have to it won't be so stigmatised as it tends to be.

See a counsellor and the general consensus still appears to be - mentals. It's not though.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    You always hear the stat that ~95% of the posts on Twitter come from 10% of the users, what they don't mention is that the remaining 90% spend most of their days seething in silent rage at those 10%.
    Many of which are bots, all coming from the same place, fighting the same cause, defending the same people.....

I noticed this hugely during the height of the Dominic Cummings incident. Prior to that I never even knew you got robots on Twitter.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm training to be a counsellor lol.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see that coming.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "...it sounds like you'd be better off dead. Let's digest that for a moment."

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't say it's wrong though. It took me a long long time to come to terms with my father and his history which clearly had an affect on me in my developing years. Father's Day and the like just a yearly reminder. Nothing on MJ as I'm sure he's a decent enough father himself but just his break up alone has probably had a huge affect on his daughter.

That's all I'll say though as it doesn't feel right talking about a kid.
    I didn't see her yesterday which tore me up a bit. Especially when I swapped my days so she could spend Mother's day with her.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see her yesterday which tore me up a bit. Especially when I swapped my days so she could spend Mother's day with her.
    I can't relate as I don't have children but I can imagine it was worse for her and even more so if you and your ex are still at loggerheads. I've seen it all too often over the years of warring parents using their kids as the weapons to get at one another meanwhile some poor soul is stuck in the middle of it thinking her father doesn't love her because he never visited on X Y Z or whatever, especially as you say you swapped days so I'm assuming something sly occurred from your ex?

Another reason why I'll never have kids tbh. Firstly because they are snotty little shits but mostly because I know it'll never be like I imagined.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm training to be a counsellor lol.
    Well, my job has taught me that only the people you'd least want to be Social Workers become Social Workers, so maybe this is just how these things go.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't relate as I don't have children but I can imagine it was worse for her and even more so if you and your ex are still at loggerheads. I've seen it all too often over the years of warring parents using their kids as the weapons to get at one another meanwhile some poor soul is stuck in the middle of it thinking her father doesn't love her because he never visited on X Y Z or whatever, especially as you say you swapped days so I'm assuming something sly occurred from your ex?

Another reason why I'll never have kids tbh. Firstly because they are snotty little shits but mostly because I know it'll never be like I imagined.
    The secret is not having kids with a cunt.

Well, I mean, you have to, but you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    It feels like a lot of Kiwis were holding onto the zero covid cases a bit too tightly...
    All new cases are people who have just come into the country and under quarantine (except a silly couple from the UK who broke quarantine). No community transmission yet.
    Just goes to show, it still requires careful management. It is a bit weird to be back to normal life, but still reading headlines of this war raging against the virus overseas. I quickly browse over the headlines now, barely following it, as it doesn't make a massive difference in my life anymore.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hfswjyr View Post
    All new cases are people who have just come into the country and under quarantine (except a silly couple from the UK who broke quarantine). No community transmission yet.
    Just goes to show, it still requires careful management. It is a bit weird to be back to normal life, but still reading headlines of this war raging against the virus overseas. I quickly browse over the headlines now, barely following it, as it doesn't make a massive difference in my life anymore.
    I know New Zealand is fine we have the same intense number crunching over here by the social media users. Im just teasing

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest thing is all the FBPEs telling us that it's 'greed before people' to reduce the social distancing from 2m to 1m. Do these people genuinely think that economic activity constitutes 'greed'? How can they afford to eat and pay for their broadband?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can guarantee you they all work from home on full pay and are oblivious to all that.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Well, my job has taught me that only the people you'd least want to be Social Workers become Social Workers, so maybe this is just how these things go.
    I find it's more the people that could have desperately done with counselling (or good counselling as opposed to NHS shit) will go on to at least learn about it or even go on to train so others don't experience how awful life can be.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our local council has said they've stopped all grass cutting in the city to make 'biodiversity zones'.

Then the local paper released a 'poll' saying the city is in favour on the basis of a few lunatics e-mailing SNP councillors saying they were in favour (who even has their local councillors e-mail, SNP freaks that's who) of this cost-cutting measure.

So no public grass has been cut since March and the whole city looks like a fucking jungle. It's mental and as far as I can see the only one in the whole of Scotland that's decided to stop all activities? Absolute SNP cretins.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That aim't to do purely with cost-cutting. It helps the environment and is actually more aesthetically pleasing once you fucking inbred cunts take off your Hollywood manufactured capitalist tinted spectacles that make you think nature needs to be managed with some overkeen neanderthal armed with a strimmer every week.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That aim't to do purely with cost-cutting. It helps the environment and is actually more aesthetically pleasing once you fucking inbred cunts take off your Hollywood manufactured capitalist tinted spectacles that make you think nature needs to be managed with some overkeen neanderthal armed with a strimmer every week.
    Not in PUBLIC PARKS and alongside pavements etc. I want my terrorists to see who they're hacking up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it's more the people that could have desperately done with counselling (or good counselling as opposed to NHS shit) will go on to at least learn about it or even go on to train so others don't experience how awful life can be.
    Granted. But it's a one way trip to depression.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted. But it's a one way trip to depression.
    Hence why they have to be counselled themselves once/twice a month or so.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest thing is all the FBPEs telling us that it's 'greed before people' to reduce the social distancing from 2m to 1m. Do these people genuinely think that economic activity constitutes 'greed'? How can they afford to eat and pay for their broadband?
    This is catch 22. If it's not reduced then many businesses close down especially the pubs and restaurants, theatres etc which are huge industries in this country and the difference is one of surviving and breaking even/getting by or going out of business. You simply aren't going to win whichever way you go about it, I feel.

2M you kill the economy and mass unemployment goes ahead.
    1M you potentially bring the R back up, infections = deaths = back to square one with lock down etc so economy fucked regardless.

I find it all rather worrying.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hence why they have to be counselled themselves once/twice a month or so.
    Is this not going to be a fairly substantial pay cut for you anyway?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is catch 22. If it's not reduced then many businesses close down especially the pubs and restaurants, theatres etc which are huge industries in this country and the difference is one of surviving and breaking even/getting by or going out of business. You simply aren't going to win whichever way you go about it, I feel.

2M you kill the economy and mass unemployment goes ahead.
    1M you potentially bring the R back up, infections = deaths = back to square one with lock down etc so economy fucked regardless.

I find it all rather worrying.
    I think the public at large are in a position where they'd accept increasing death rates to put an end to this shit and that's probably what they're basing their decisions on. Not that they'd admit it.

They'd just lock down individual towns/cities/counties if shit gets too far out of hand.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2m thing is adhered to only where shitty crosses gave been taped to the floor, it's being largely ignored everywhere else when it's even vaguely inconvenient. People have realised we haven't all dropped dead and are acting accordingly.

Some lump in Sainsbury's actually brushed past me while I was at the checkout, when I looked up she had PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE emblazoned on the back of her shirt.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We won't lock down again, no chance. We did it to deal with the unknown but it's now not the unknown.

Start of lockdown to now has been 0.8% of my lifetime, or 1.2% of a 21 year old's lifetime, or 2.5% of a 10 year old's lifetime, this isn't a trivial amount of time for people of those ages to be shut indoors to protect largely the old and already ill.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the public at large are in a position where they'd accept increasing death rates to put an end to this shit and that's probably what they're basing their decisions on. Not that they'd admit it.

They'd just lock down individual towns/cities/counties if shit gets too far out of hand.
    All cities bar one, you'd imagine. I'm inclined to agree and if it was a decision between knowingly letting people die to save many more then that's sick but understandable, kind of, especially given those who are most at risk but that's the part that makes me uncomfortable as why should our lives be any more valuable just because we're seen as less 'at risk'.

I'm nervous about the next couple of weeks given all the protests and mass gatherings but if it's not at the levels we had before lock down then I think it will just be a case of fuck Covid and just be completely British about it.

How does one strengthen their chin?

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does make me think it's nice to have this thread to reflect back on our reactions. TTH COVID memoirs.

Note to my children and all my adoring followers who are reading this in 2088 in order to get an insight into my psyche:

I was a good man, a troubled yet principled man, containing multitudes as did we all. These are my brethren (Giggs included) and together we got through it in the unique way we knew how. Allow me to quote that hot little underage ginger girl on the BT advert who penned, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...(look up the rest)"

Yours truly,

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this not going to be a fairly substantial pay cut for you anyway?
    Aye, but I'm not actually going to do it, just to make me a better person. It's working, right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    It'd be nice to be able to go somewhere at some point this year. We need an air-bridge to FNQ, although I think we're getting one to the Isle of Man. Underwhelming.
    Belfast is back on Newcastle's arrivals board. I think my September will be me slumming around the bits of Britain I've not been to (i.e. most of it).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubly so in Scotland. Every crank gets one so you'd imagine the bar is low.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Belfast is back on Newcastle's arrivals board. I think my September will be me slumming around the bits of Britain I've not been to (i.e. most of it).
    Go to Belfast and spend not one second longer in it than it takes to hire a car. Then head for the north coast.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/53131665

I'm enjoying the fallout from this.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading that you can't help but think Djokovic didn't want to travel to the US Open under the conditions suggested as it would have been hard for him to maintain his 'gluten free diet'.

It sure as shit doesn't look like it was because he's bothered about Coronavirus.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is coming from the conservative Health Minister.

Fuck!

Health Minister Greg Hunt says Australia's borders will remain closed for a "very significant" amount of time.

Mr Hunt says coronavirus infection rates are accelerating around the world.

"For the time being we are an island sanctuary," he told ABC radio on Tuesday.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australi...greg-hunt-says