• Shit

1 3.33%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did about 10 walking from where I was staying to the British Museum then the Natural History Museum in London a couple of years ago (plus however long I was walking about in each) and thought my feet were going to fall off but that's likely because I am a blimp.

I'd planned to walk all the way back as well but got about as far as the pub where the Great Train Robbery was planned, thought "fuck this", had a couple of pints and did the rest of it by tube.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Hammer's famous walk from Leeds to Sheffield clocks in at around 33 miles, according to Google maps. Sod that, especially going from one northern turd dump to another.
    The worst thing about that was him seeking out conversations with strangers all the way there, the fucking psychopath.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I did about 10 walking from where I was staying to the British Museum then the Natural History Museum in London a couple of years ago (plus however long I was walking about in each) and thought my feet were going to fall off but that's likely because I am a blimp.

I'd planned to walk all the way back as well but got about as far as the pub where the Great Train Robbery was planned, thought "fuck this", had a couple of pints and did the rest of it by tube.
    Urban ones are good because you see so much along the way, even if they feel longer than they are. In New York (or 'NYC', as the hip young people call it through their hip young slang-filled mouths) I did 60th down fifth avenue to Battery Park, across the bottom, then back up third to 60th with a few detours for bagels and to see a few things. It felt like walking to the moon, but Google has it as 12 miles.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still want to know what Jim's projects are.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Urban ones are good because you see so much along the way, even if they feel longer than they are. In New York (or 'NYC', as the hip young people call it through their hip young slang-filled mouths) I did 60th down fifth avenue to Battery Park, across the bottom, then back up third to 60th with a few detours for bagels and to see a few things. It felt like walking to the moon, but Google has it as 12 miles.
    Yeah I loved it for that. Stopped and had a lovely (and hilariously overpriced) breakfast in some 'trendy' cafe and then picked a route that let me see some notable stuff but I know so little about London I was fascinated just by walking past normal places that were new to me.

I did a lot of it in Valencia too, just mooching about and doing the occasional u-turn when I walked into what looked like it might be stab country.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I still want to know what Jim's projects are.
    Writing (I do this all the time anyway, but on a particular kicker at the moment), improving my Spanish, and something to do with cricket which is too boring to explain.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching it, playing it, thinking about it... Could be anything.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remembering it exists.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rugby league supporters thinking someone else's game is pointless, this'll definitely catch on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're both shit, but atleast Rugby League is a close cousin of a good one. You have Baseball for a cousin and tennis as a second cousin once removed. What a cunty family.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that thing you like is dumb.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By close cousin is he referring to football? Because fucking lol if it's the other one.

If I had any idea what I was doing with gifs I'd get Russ in here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Calm down Captain Tom

Been doing some crappy 2 milers every night but want to go big on country walks if that is permitted now. Had just started when this happened, got a pair of walking boots barely broken in.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    'I can stop any time I want, I just don't want to'.

You sound like my dad just before my mum left him. He was found dead at the bottom of his stairs within the year. If you can stop, do it before you can't.
    I mean we're talking 2-3 bottles of wine a week here. I've barely been pissed all lockdown. I fancy my chances.

On addiction though, my brother is probably the worst he's ever been. He's living with a load of expired crusties and it's obviously impossible to extract him from the situation for a time-out. Pretty bleak.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the job's doing me any favours. I don't read the reports but the way we're doing things now make it clear which ones are suicidal over the lockdown.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s the weather too. It’s rude not to drink in the sun.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've definitely been drinking too much. I like a drink anyway, but during lockdown it's got a lot worse. I started at 5pm today because I'd had a super stressful day.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You alright?

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm GREAT, having managed to actually get a network game going with my mate on railroad tycoon 2, involved hamachi and some mad shit that changed the registry or something. IPX wrapper. I don't really understand computers.

I built a stone bridge from Miami to Havana as a demented vanity project then did a hostile takeover of my mates failing business. Excellent way to spend 4 hours.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never found one mate will play VP4. One of the cunts would even rather play funky pool.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    I'm GREAT, having managed to actually get a network game going with my mate on railroad tycoon 2, involved hamachi and some mad shit that changed the registry or something. IPX wrapper. I don't really understand computers.

I built a stone bridge from Miami to Havana as a demented vanity project then did a hostile takeover of my mates failing business. Excellent way to spend 4 hours.
    Not gonna lie, that sounds class.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been very good, but things have already started to pick up (eyyy), and I hope I've already reached my nadir.

My cocaine use had been pretty dysfunctional and fiendish for a while, but the last six months or so it's gotten really bad. Not looking for sympathy, as I'm aware it's self-inflicted. Finally realised I needed to sort my fucking life out, and reached out to my mate who is a recovered alcoholic, woman of 28 who was diagnosed with pancreatitis and told by her doctor she'd be dead in a year if she kept drinking like she was, and she still really struggled. Through her AA connections, she put me in touch with this lad who's active with CAA, and I'm now doing zoom meetings and on #1 of the 12 steps. Aforementioned lad is now also my sponsor.

This is my 12th day clean and sober, and I feel very positive and hopeful for the future and shit, though obviously wish I'd been capable of doing something meaningful about it before it got to this stage, but better late than never, ey?

The PROGRAM is fucking intense though, thank fuck it's the middle of a pandemic and I'm in a strange city with barely any mates, else I'd have no time for all of it with my notoriously packed social calendar.

In the first step (which can take ages), I'm supposed to attend THREE one hour meetings a week, and talk to my sponsor plus 3 other randoms from the "fellowship" every fucking night. I suspect all this stuff serves a secondary purpose of simply leaving you without enough time or energy to do fucking drugs. I'm not objecting per se, and absolutely accept it as a sort of penance for how much of a stupid thick twat I've been, but it is a bit intense.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor

I hope this sober Igor doesn't lose his sense of humor though.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit there is something quite surreal about actually saying "hello my name is Igor and I'm a cocaine addict", in actual real life, in a way not that dissimilar to when a transport police bloke literally did the whole "you have the right to remain silent" thing, er, when he fined me £50 for having my feet on the seat.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubly surreal when it's said in your high-pitched banter-ready voice.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cunt

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Writing (I do this all the time anyway, but on a particular kicker at the moment), improving my Spanish, and something to do with cricket which is too boring to explain.
    What are you writing Jimmy?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am either reading or writing constantly, not least on this very board, but I do all sorts of other random shit 99% as a means of having an outlet for my over-active brain. When I wrote that post I'd had a good idea for a novel, did 20,000 words, realised I am not currently good enough to pull the idea off so it would be better as a short story, wrote the short story, that wasn't really any good either so I'm now turning it into a monologue which is better but will still need another five re-writes and by then I'll have thought of something else. None of it will ever see the light of day unless at some point in the future I do something which I really think is good to the extent that I become confident enough to show it to people. It's really just my own little hobby and I have no delusions of grandeur.

(one of the characters I tried to write a while back (unsuccessfully, I'm not a comedian) was based on one of my cousins, who does have delusions of grandeur to the point he has never had a real job and thinks he is an important 'writer', but actually everyone hates him. I could write him off the planet but then I could sell him off the planet, too - but his dad's richer than my dad)

The inside of my Evernote and my word document inventory are truly something, most of it a complete embarrassment.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you even afford a cocaine habit?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been very good, but things have already started to pick up (eyyy), and I hope I've already reached my nadir.

My cocaine use had been pretty dysfunctional and fiendish for a while, but the last six months or so it's gotten really bad. Not looking for sympathy, as I'm aware it's self-inflicted. Finally realised I needed to sort my fucking life out, and reached out to my mate who is a recovered alcoholic, woman of 28 who was diagnosed with pancreatitis and told by her doctor she'd be dead in a year if she kept drinking like she was, and she still really struggled. Through her AA connections, she put me in touch with this lad who's active with CAA, and I'm now doing zoom meetings and on #1 of the 12 steps. Aforementioned lad is now also my sponsor.

This is my 12th day clean and sober, and I feel very positive and hopeful for the future and shit, though obviously wish I'd been capable of doing something meaningful about it before it got to this stage, but better late than never, ey?

The PROGRAM is fucking intense though, thank fuck it's the middle of a pandemic and I'm in a strange city with barely any mates, else I'd have no time for all of it with my notoriously packed social calendar.

In the first step (which can take ages), I'm supposed to attend THREE one hour meetings a week, and talk to my sponsor plus 3 other randoms from the "fellowship" every fucking night. I suspect all this stuff serves a secondary purpose of simply leaving you without enough time or energy to do fucking drugs. I'm not objecting per se, and absolutely accept it as a sort of penance for how much of a stupid thick twat I've been, but it is a bit intense.

Well done mate, sorry for ghosting. Everything was a little too close to home.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit there is something quite surreal about actually saying "hello my name is Igor and I'm a cocaine addict", in actual real life, in a way not that dissimilar to when a transport police bloke literally did the whole "you have the right to remain silent" thing, er, when he fined me £50 for having my feet on the seat.
    Welcome to the club

Well, not the cocaine club, but the saying things out loud which are surreal club.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    How can you even afford a cocaine habit?
    Well, that's a massive part of the problem. Luckily I never reached the stage of like, I dunno, nicking stuff (I don't think I ever would have tbh), but I'll probably be paying off the debts I've accumulated for fucking years, unless I move home and live like a hermit. Even then it'll take a while.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And all so you could tell strangers you were 'off your head'. Embarrassing really mate.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m kind of glad I hate drinking in the house so means I’ll never really have any issues with alcohol or drugs. Not to the point of addiction anyway. I’ve not had any alcohol for over 7 weeks.

Proper 11am binge on Friday though assuming wee Nic gives the go ahead though.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even get to enjoy the wow look how high i am bantz, it was far more grotty. Muting myself in the group skype call during a quiz at 3pm on a Saturday so they couldn't hear me snorting lines.

Doing a key in my nan's toilet on xmas day was almost cerainly the low point though.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst place I done it was in the work toilets a couple Christmas eves ago as we went for the usual lunch at 12pm and I got half cut in the 2 hours thinking work was shutting not long after but had to stay to answer calls until 3.30pm so had to take a line to sober up

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Igor!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, keep up the good work.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next TTH meet has lost another soldier but sounds positive son, don it and never look back

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reports of lockdown induced anxiety and psychological damage are coming in thick and fast but ignoring all that and just looking at my personal circles, I'm seeing two long-term stable relationships hit the rocks (they seem to have sorted it out but both the geezers have decided to quit drinking so they're dead to me now), a gambling addict who was years clean has fully relapsed and is back to square one with his life in tatters and a drug addict has gone from 6 months clean back to hitting the weed hard daily (not exactly a serious relapse but still). Are others seeing this phenomenon?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sort of. Not overtly manifesting itself outright, but it's definitely bubbling among a fair few people I know.

My gut now is we're stuck with where we are now to varying degrees until Spring (when I think we'll basically be 99% back to normal), so it'll be interesting to see how people are coping after a whole year of change from this.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple of 4 year relationships die and a couple of others have solo problems.

Life routines have been smashed to pieces. I'm fast realising that staying in the office throughout has been a great, great thing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK mates do seem to be struggling and are much quieter. Jersey is fine, though, and look set to come out the other side in great shape.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life routines have been smashed to pieces. I'm fast realising that staying in the office throughout has been a great, great thing.
    100%.

A mate of mine who has basically become a hermit throughout this (his work sort of lends itself to that) couldn't believe I was going to a face to face meeting with 5 other people at the end of August when I told him about a month ago.

I'd love to know what % of the population that aren't in a risk group are scared to leave their houses. I bet it equates to a staggeringly high number of people.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting the number of people who seemingly can't stand their own company.

I feel sorry for them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mate who lives with his girlfriend, they both work from home for the foreseeable (no problems there) and, thanks to playing cricket, currently at least gets to see all his mates 3 times a week. Still descending into mental turmoil because he's lost the routine of physically going to work, and he feels his life is essentially meaningless as a result.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably better the relationships end now rather than later if just being around each other is enough to have brought it on.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His life was always meaningless. If corona brings widespread ego death maybe humanity stands a chance after all.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend was running the grill for this, so he has had the best LOCKDOWN.