User Tag List

Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,850 of 4586

Thread: FIFA 20: Sponsored by VOLTA Football, apparently.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The removed it cause they fucked up Sanchos weight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    82+ cards are sky high

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shouldn't get our expectations too high, they're only a multi-billion dollar company

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they've tweeted that there was a 'technical issue'.

Honestly gents, don't give this company any more money.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think I'll bother with the guaranteed Ultimate player for that price. More value in trying out that new 97 David Silva for me.

Took some time to finish off the Squad Battles games for Evander and now I'm back onto Weekend League for the night.

Game 5
    Another strange squad to play against - very basic La Liga team with Messi as the only standout player. This was a fairly simple win, wrapped up inside half an hour. Witsel with some neat dribbling inside the box before firing in the opener, before Kamada set up a couple of nice finesse finishes from Werner and Sabitzer. That was enough for my opponent - a rage quit forced after just 25 minutes.

Me - 3 (Witsel 7', Werner 17', Sabitzer 25')
    Opponent - 0

Game 6
    The best team I've faced so far - a very strong Prem side filled with TOTSSF players, with Henry, Dalglish and TOTSSF Suarez up top. It was quickly evident that this opponent had more ability, with Suarez smashing in two early strikes. We pulled one back when Werner turned in a rebound from Sabitzer's long range effort, and the rest of the half was fairly even.

The second half, however, was a different story. A contentious decision to award my opponent a free-kick resulted in Suarez curling in his hat-trick goal, and after Fuenzalida came off the bench, he somehow missed a glorious chance to halve the deficit from just 8 yards out. After that it went to pot, Mane hammering in two more and Rui Costa coming off the bench to add a 6th, and I was greeted with the shush and full celebrations/replays each time. Oh, and there was still time for Upamecano to see his marching orders, somewhat harshly.

One of those games you just need to write off, no matter how fucking irritating it was. I really hope I don't come up against van Dijk again.

Me - 1 (Werner 24', Upamecano sent off 88')
    Opponent - 6 (Suarez 4', 16', 49', Mane 64', 90', Rui Costa 77')

Game 7
    In came RTTF Konate for Upamecano, whilst he served the one-game suspension. I was up against mainly a La Liga squad and early on was able to really get control of the midfield and keep possession well. Kamada came into his own, firstly slipping through the middle between the centre halves to score the opener, and then drilling in a loose ball in the box to double the lead. Promes came on at half time and got his first goal of the weekend after breaking clear of the backline, and Werner and Kamada combined again on the hour before the former calmly placed in a 4th.

That was enough for the opponent, who gave in to the rage quit temptation and sealed us another deserved win.

Me - 4 (Kamada 17', 28', Promes 49', Werner 60')
    Opponent - 0
    Last edited by thommo; 13-06-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 8
    Back into the first XI came Upamecano, and we were faced with a lower-tier Premier League side with a couple of icons up front. De Gea made some very impressive early saves to keep it level, and my opponent took advantage to score twice in 3 minutes with his first two shots of the game, both coming from Prime Moments Lineker. It was only a matter of time before we broke through though, and Kimmich was on hand to score his first goal for the club, before Kamada sprinted through and leathered it into the top corner to level the scores. There was still time for an insane De Gea double save before half-time.

We took the lead early in the 2nd half through Werner slotting in from close range, but Klose curled in a quickfire equaliser soon after. A tense period of play followed until the final 15 minutes where we finally took full control and sealed a victory - firstly Werner muscled his way through to make it 4-3, before Kamada scored twice in the dying stages to round off a great hat trick.

Me - 6 (Kimmich 32', Kamada 37', 84', 90', Werner 48', 76')
    Opponent - 3 (Lineker 22', 25', Klose 50')

Game 9
    A very stodgy midfield battle against a strong Premier League/English team, including the new 97 David Silva. It was tough going in defence, and my opponent was particularly adept at obliterating my forwards with strong challenges and not getting penalised for it. I had to hold on for the majority of the first half with Neuer making a couple of decent stops.

The 2nd half was more of the same, but a key opportunity went missing with 15 minutes left - Axel Witsel was sent through by Undav (on from the bench) and curled a strike onto the outside of the post. It looked a rare goalless draw and extra-time was inevitable, but Sabitzer made some space, dragged defenders out of position and rolled it to Witsel to drill in a winner just 2 minutes from time.

Probably undeserved on the whole, but I will definitely take it!

Me - 1 (Witsel 88')
    Opponent - 0

Game 10
    We came up against a genuinely incredible side, full of special cards with 99 Messi, 99 De Bruyne, TOTY De Ligt, FUT Birthday Hazard, etc. It was a little surprising, therefore, to completely dominate the first half, barely letting the opponent get a meaningful shot off. Werner was the star of the show, with two very classy assists for both of the defensive midfielders, giving us a 2-0 lead at the break.

2nd half and our opponent came back with a vengeance, Messi smashing in a pretty impressive goal within minutes of the restart. Neuer was on hand to make a couple of good saves, and we should have sealed the win ourselves as Müller missed a 1-on-1 late on. We held on well to grab a 4th win on the trot.

Me - 2 (Witsel 12', Kimmich 30')
    Opponent - 1 (Messi 48')

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 11
    Witsel has developed a pretty nice habit of making runs into the box and tucking in important goals this weekend, and so it continued within the opening 4 minutes of this game. Werner assisted that one and then added a strike of his own just 4 minutes later with a lovely fake-shot-stop into a finesse past the onrushing keeper. Müller rounded out the first half with a lovely curled effort from the edge of the box after some smart dribbling from Kamada.

In the 2nd half I was a little lackadaisical and had Neuer to thank for a number of strong saves, but he couldn't keep out a good finish from Gnabry midway through the half. No comeback was forthcoming thankfully, and Witsel added a 2nd shortly after in a similar manner to his first - this time Lodeiro providing the through ball for the assist. Instead of seeing the game out, my opponent had had enough near the end and quit with less than 10 minutes left.

Me - 4 (Witsel 4', 69', Werner 8', Müller 41')
    Opponent - 1 (Gnabry 66')

Game 12
    Up against a strong squad in a 4-3-3 (3) formation, and I'm prepared for the worst. In the first half hour, I can't really get hold of the ball and it culminates with a nice move for my opponent which sees Fuenzalida thump home a goal from just inside the box. I do work a good chance towards the end of the half but Hradecky is on hand to make a strong save.

The second half is pretty much complete domination from my team, but Hradecky is pulling out an inspired performance, with incredible saves from Kamada, Witsel, and Werner. It takes a rebound to beat him late in the half - after palming away another effort from Witsel, Werner is able to volley in the loose ball. Surely this game can only go one way from here?

This being FIFA, no. One breakaway counter and one misplaced player switch from myself and Fuenzalida slides in his second to seal it late on for my opponent. There's still time for Promes to be sent through and for Hradecky to ONCE AGAIN foil me. Fucking infuriating.

Me - 1 (Werner 72')
    Opponent - 2 (Fuenzalida 30', 87')

Game 13
    Last game of the night, and I'm faced with another very strong team. I get away with one early on as C. Ronaldo smashes a shot against the post. But wait, the glorious AI has clattered into him post-shot and so my opponent has a free-kick right on the edge of the box. TOTSSF Dybala wallops it into the top corner and I'm 1 down inside 4 minutes. I'm treated to a full celebration, replay and stroll back to the middle. Thankfully, I'm level quickly - Müller sliding a ball into Werner who turns in the box and rifles it home. The two combine again later in the half and Werner is again on hand to power it in to grant us the lead.

My opponent is very good at holding onto possession and building the pressure, and it tells early in the 2nd half. A dinked cross to the back post presents Immobile with a clear header from a couple yards out - heading may be broken this year but he wasn't missing that. I have Neuer to thank for saving a Ronaldo effort from inside the box, and the pressure builds throughout the half. I break late on and his own Neuer saves his bacon with a cracking stop from Kamada.

Extra time is uneventful, if very tense and it goes to the spot. I stop his 2nd pen, but he in turn stops my 3rd. Neuer again saves his 4th, diving to the right, but Müller blazes over and it remains 2-2 going into the 5th round Neuer pulls off his 3rd save of the shootout, and Kimmich crashes the deciding penalty into the bottom corner to seal a very tight victory. 9-4 to finish Saturday night.

Me - 2 (3) (Werner 11', 33')
    Opponent - 2 (2) (Dybala 4', Immobile 51')

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9-4 is cracking. Great effort Thommo.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signing into the web app and I got awarded 2 ultimate packs.

Pack one
    Toggle Spoiler

Pack two
    Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 14-06-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate packs from the web app?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye. I filled in the sbc yesterday and submit it before it got taken down. I didn't open the pack, but they gave me another one anyway.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a farce.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my guaranteed Ultimate TOTS pack back as well.

Luis Alberto. He's so cheap so a big L on that.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benzema will probably go onto my bench. I really have wanted to try Henderson with his H/H from CDM with get forward and Vardy as a wide CAM.

Ah, I thought the sbc would be repeatable. I would put your duplicate Benz straight back in
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 14-06-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So anyone that did it early basically got two packs for the price of one, with one of them having a ludicrously high chance of packing Sancho?

If you didn't already have him untradeable that's a bukkake of win.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realised I can do the Ultimate pack with a few league SBC's I'm close to finishing (it's still not worth it) and in the process of doing so it dawned on me that Gosens the Serie A reward actually makes for what is probably one of the best centre backs in the game with a Guardian.

https://www.futbin.com/20/player/48381/robin-gosens

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent from my Ultimate Pack. I'll actually take that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I know its not worth it I am tempted to do it purely because I have stuff in the club I will never use and its June.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/12493758

Running this squad for the past 20 Rivals games and im 15 wins and 2 losses, pushing me into division 2. Vardy isnt special, but again. My wide CAMs do fuck all but pass and defend. I could put anybody there (motm Sancho?) and I wouldn't notice any difference at all.

Henderson is a really good defensive and I find him in great positions offensively, but his shooting is fucking awful.

Trent is a huge upgrade on Prime Zanetti who has over 500 games for me. I like the team but I will probably remove Vardy and still experiment.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    While I know its not worth it I am tempted to do it purely because I have stuff in the club I will never use and its June.
    I did the same. I never do the gamble SBCs but I did for ultimate. I needed to buy sommer for 70k and that was it. I still had a Veratti 87 Red in my club and he was from TOTW 3

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So back at it again with Gold 2 still the target, time permitting.

Game 14
    Another very strong meta squad, and I was pretty rusty early on. Griezmann went through after 5 minutes, and slotted into an empty net after ball-rolling past the onrushing Neuer. The first half was a tough battle, with not many chances to speak of. My opponent was pretty adept at pushing up with Militao and Diego Carlos to pressure my midfield and it left me very little time to create opportunities.

Early in the second half I found myself 2 down. Hazard somehow managed to keep the ball despite a strong tackle from Ginter and drilled it across the face of goal for Griezmann to thump in his second. It was still very cagey throughout the half, but it was all wrapped up for my opponent when his sub Sancho went through and was able to rifle into an empty net after Neuer had blocked his initial advance. I should have really got myself a consolation but Upamecano saw a header blocked, and ter Stegen made a great save to foil Promes in stoppage time.

All in all, a very tough game and a strong opponent.

Me - 0
    Opponent - 3 (Griezmann 5', 50', Sancho 77')

Game 15
    One of the most boring and irritating games I've played for a while. This opponent was happy to just pack the box and occasionally counter, and the first half saw one shot taken from either team. Unfortunately for me, it was Dries Mertens smashing a near-post shot in on the stroke of half-time to put me behind.

Thankfully I was able to score with my first shot of the game as I finally found a little space in behind, Kamada slid the ball through and Marcel Sabitzer slotted it into the far corner to draw us level. Extra time loomed despite a few more efforts, and it seemed as if the tide was turning in my favour - my subs were making an impact and I was finding a bit more space to create opportunities. And it was a sub who won us a penalty early in the 2nd half of extra time, as Undav was crunched right on the edge of the box. Promes stepped up, and I panicked and red-timed the penalty low and wide.

Momentum lost and the game was also lost very late on, Lukaku absolutely battering a shot into the top corner with just 2 minutes left. With stoppage time almost up, I managed to work the ball into Promes in the middle of the box, but Oblak was of course on hand to palm his curling effort past the post. I hope this isn't the start of a Sunday slump.

Me - 1 (Sabitzer 64', Promes missed pen 109')
    Opponent - 2 (Mertens 45', Lukaku 118')

Game 16
    This game needed to be a win for me, simply just to keep on top of the mental torture than Weekend League turns into late on Sundays. And thankfully, Timo Werner was on hand to wallop in a really sweet volley from the edge of the area to put us ahead early on.

We were awarded a penalty shortly afterwards, and in my eagerness to ensure I tucked this one away, I curled the effort wide of the left-hand post. Once again, momentum had shifted and my opponent went level thanks to Havertz and some really nice close control in the box. This was a point where I could collapse - pegged back to 1-1 against an opponent I definitely felt as if I should beat.

This time, my team came through and basically sealed the game with 4 goals in 8 minutes, forcing a sudden rage quit from the opponent. Werner restored the lead with a nice finish after pressing high up the field, before turning provider not once, but TWICE in the 45th minute - firstly for Kamada and then to Thomas Müller. Kamada was able to convert a second penalty of the game early in the second half, and my opponent had seen enough. Relieved to get the 10th win on the board.

Me - 5 (Werner 18', 40', Kamada 45', pen 48', Müller 45', Kamada missed pen 24')
    Opponent - 1 (Havertz 33')

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work. What is your overall record now? 10-6. It starts to get hard now.

At timed finhsing sounds like it is causing you a headache. Turn it off

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work, Thommo.

Check Discord though dickhead.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Aduriz has disgusting agility, balance and Stam for the rest of that card. Probably going to launch him into the ultimate SBC

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Good work. What is your overall record now? 10-6. It starts to get hard now.

At timed finhsing sounds like it is causing you a headache. Turn it off
    10-6 is indeed the record. I only have the timed finishing for penalties and free kicks - normally I'm fairly solid with getting it green, just some nerves creeping in.

Game 17
    The sweatiest game of FIFA so far this weekend, and that is saying something. I was up against 98 Mbappe, 98 Neymar, 99 van Dijk, Prime Moments Petit... and he was very content to control the ball slowly, and drop everyone back as soon as he lost possession. I actually took the lead early on with a nice piece of dribbling to make some space in the box - Sabitzer curled it in from 15 yards to put us ahead. But 2 quick goals (both from cutbacks inside the box, of course) turned the tide of the game, and being behind, he was even happier just to relinquish possession and territory and cut my passing lanes.

I had a couple of promising opportunities in the 2nd half but nothing clear-cut. Once again, I had to push everyone forward in search of the equaliser, and my opponent took advantage, getting to the byline on the left before cutting back for the sub Insigne to wrap up the win with his 3rd shot of the game. One hell of a sweatfest and nothing to show for it.

Me - 1 (Sabitzer 13')
    Opponent - 3 (Neymar 28', de Jong 34', Insigne 82')

Game 18
    Thankfully a much easier game - my opponent was happy to sit deep and let me have the ball but they weren't as adept at preventing me from having chances. Sabitzer was on hand to tuck in a chance early on, before rifling in a really nice effort from outside the box just before the half-hour mark. Kamada then made it 3 soon after with a simple run and finish while his defence stood off and watched.

With the game seemingly wrapped up, a little bit of complacency creeped into my game, and Aouar did score twice to cut the deficit to a solitary goal and create a nervy last third to the game. I never really felt in trouble though, and Kamada powered in a second from the edge of the box 10 minutes from time to ensure victory. There was time for a scrambled 3rd for my opponent in stoppage time, but I held onto the ball easily to see out the win.

Me - 4 (Sabitzer 8', 29', Kamada 35', 80')
    Opponent - 3 (Aouar 41', 66', Savanier 90')

Game 19
    Fucking dreadful game. Felt like I was playing against 6 defenders and 4 lightning-fast attackers. Probed and passed looking for a way through to create chances but other than Müller hitting the post in stoppage time, there wasn't much to speak of in terms of real goalscoring opportunities. Josef Martinez blazed in a hat trick for my opponent, with Edouard adding two more. Moving on...

(Forgot to capture the match stats in my disgust at the end. I had 59% possession, but only 5 shots (2 on target), whereas my opponent had 14 shots I believe.)

Me - 0
    Opponent - 5 (Martinez 6', 70', 88', Edouard 10', 36')

Game 20
    This was just a copy and paste of so many games this weekend. Cunt opponent sitting deep and doing naff all other than boot it down the line for the cutback. Even so, that wasn't the most annoying thing about this one. Take at look at the glorious kit clash that the game decided would be suitable for this match...

1-0 down from a goal in the first half and I was really struggling to get anything going, simply because I couldn't fucking tell who was a teammate and who was an opponent. To compound an absolute car crash of a game, I was booted off the EA servers midway through the 2nd half, and granted a DNF and loss. All of a sudden, I'm 11-9 with 10 to go. It was all looking so good overnight.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 21 (or at least, it should have been)
    Fuck the community. I go 1 down to a Chris Smalling header from a corner early on, and then proceed to absolutely fucking batter this guy. Handanovic is keeping him in the game until Werner slots it past him early in the 2nd half. And he quits. Absolute cunt.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 21
    Very fatigued at this point, and seriously considering leaving it, but I load up another game nonetheless. First half is a dominant performance, not allowing a shot on goal for my opponent, and Werner gives us the lead with a typically powerful finish from inside the box. The lead is doubled when another Werner shot is deflected past the keeper on the stroke of half time, and it seems like a foregone conclusion.

Not to be, as complacency yet again rears its ugly head. Firstly Dalglish rounds the keeper to pull a goal back with half an hour left, and Neymar then crunches a shot into the top corner to draw level late on. Extra time is again on the menu, but no drama thankfully, as two brilliant finessed finishes from Promes inside the opening 8 minutes of the extra period wrap up win number 12.

Me - 4 (Werner 38', Marquinhos og 45', Promes 94', 98')
    Opponent - 2 (Dalglish 59', Neymar 78')

Game 22
    A tough game against a good opponent with a really strong squad, including 99 KdB. I was quickly 2 behind in the opening 20 minutes, before hitting back through Joshua Kimmich, drilling in from the edge of the box. Mertens was unfortunately on hand to double my opponent's lead just 10 minutes later, but Kamada turned in a rebound just before the break to keep the score to 3-2 at half time.

The second half was very even, with a couple of chances for either side, but it was my opponent who struck first to double his lead once more, De Bruyne tapping in from close range. Müller slammed in a really nice finish with his left foot with 6 minutes left to give us hope, but no luck. Fair win for my opponent.

Me - 3 (Kimmich 23', Kamada 40', Müller 84')
    Opponent - 4 (Mertens 11', 33', De Bruyne 19', 80')

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 23
    This game was tense and really quite a slog. First half I found myself under the cosh with my opponent making a few good chances inside the box. We held on to half time, and after the break began to get more of a foothold in the game. TOTSSF Vardy somehow blazed a shot wide from 12 yards out and we immediately capitalised, with Werner curling home a lovely finesse from the corner of the box. I wasn't able to hold on though - a free kick from the edge of the box being passed into Ndidi of all people, who got it out from under his feet and thumped a shot through a mass of bodies to equalise with just 6 minutes left.

Extra time started disastrously with Luis Figo rounding the keeper with a ball roll before slotting in just 3 minutes in to the extra period. I took a minute to refocus, make some subs and shift the formation somewhat and it paid off thanks to Thomas Müller skipping past a defender before rifling home. There was time for one final attack as the clock ticked into the 120th minute, but Visca curled a shot off the bar and it seemed the chance was gone. Thankfully, we recycled the ball and Visca slid a pass into Müller seconds later to crash a shot into the roof of the net for a barely deserved win.

Me - 3 (Werner 68', Müller 111', 120')
    Opponent - 2 (Ndidi 84', Figo 93')

Game 24
    After all the dramatics of most of the games this weekend, this was a nice, simple way to break into Gold 3. Müller tucked in the only goal of the game with a volleyed rebound after Kamada had rattled the post for the 2nd time inside the opening quarter of an hour. And the rage quit was forced when my opponent scythed down Werner with a nasty challenge from Eder Militao. An easy and dominant victory.

Me - 1 (Müller 12')
    Opponent - 0 (Eder Militao sent off 22')

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that's me done. 6 games remain and I'd need 3 more wins for Gold 2, my original objective. But it's getting late, and I don't want to tempt fate and sit through another 6 tense, sweaty matches only to miss out at the last yet again.

At 1am, I'm happy to call it a day. 14-10 (1 disconnect), and a Gold 3 record.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Kimmich from the Ultimate.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently leak on the promo

FUTMAS Mendy will be an objective (easy) and you will then have to use him to unlock 93 ‘SUMMER HEAT’ Mendy

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds alright.

I'm dreading starting Raphina and Grealish.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished Raphina yesterday. Joao Pedro and Evander felt pretty good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Apparently leak on the promo

FUTMAS Mendy will be an objective (easy) and you will then have to use him to unlock 93 ‘SUMMER HEAT’ Mendy
    Same old players then...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. FUTMAS, Shapeshifter and possibly this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henderson TOTS is good, but his weak foot is killing me. Ive got an idea on another set of players to use but im not sure I can get them all on I0 chem. We will see

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Market has all of a sudden had a massive bump. Some 84s and 85s are barely on the (Xbox) market at all.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think EA are throttling the fuck out of some of the cards in an effort to get people to pay for packs to complete the limited time SBC's, and probably have been for days.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how I noticed - was going to pick up De Vrij to go into the Aduriz SBC and he was over 10k. I checked some others, and even Hamsik is over 5k. I can't remember him ever being that high.

Aduriz is done anyway, managed to shuffle it around to get the team sorted using players in the club. Now to work through the league SBCs again and get that 97 David Silva.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I think EA are throttling the fuck out of some of the cards in an effort to get people to pay for packs to complete the limited time SBC's, and probably have been for days.
    I’ve picked up Cavani, Kante and Depay in the last 24 hours from quite limited BPM->League (trying not complete too many before the promo is out.

Almost got my hands on Raphinha. Just one more Evander finesse and I can focus on getting the remaining 1 goal, 1 assist with Aouar (will be a piece of piss once I can play him at CAM again, right now I’m subbing on Evander there and moving Auoar to CM), and the Liga Nos assists. At least both don’t need wins, which has been an issue with the Brazilian finesses. Evander isn’t a Good CAM for me with that medium work rate and 81 attacking positioning on bench chem. He’s done the job, but is more of a Fred (actually very similar to his 19 card) than a threat, and forcing it to him has caused me a few losses where I should have won comfortably.

Any recommendations for players for Liga Nos assists? They need to be supersub friendly for me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s Raphinha done.

So after just over 3 weeks, this is my squad:

I've also almost qualified for this weekend, so I'll be making some changes by Friday. The Colombian TOTS go for around 200k total, almost double what I paid when they were in packs, so that, along with the odd sale if needed, whilst keeping >50k and >1500 players in the club should allow me to bring in TOTS Nkunku and Raphinha from the bench and add TOTS Upacamano and Mariano, with only the latter on 8 chem, and TOTS Mandanda in goal.
    Last edited by The Merse; 16-06-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your squad is bonkers in that short a time frame

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously Merse is shit hot at the game and that's played its part, but it's further evidence that EA boost the pack returns for returning/new players to entice them into the store.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No points, mind. Just solid grind. I’ll BPM away whilst on conf calls, and with the coin boosts, objectives etc, it’s pretty easy. Those Libertadores/Sudamerica SBCs took over from the Icon Bronze/Silver from last year and are even more productive, given they’re not limited to rares and the commons from the competition drop all the time in bronze and silver packs. League are a piece of piss for rating now too, along with some of the harder teams only needing 5 players from the club.

I do have 2200 points ready for the promo though - I got £15 Microsoft rewards from buying some games earlier in lockdown and probably over the past couple of years of not checking them, so I took it as credit for some big packs.

Looking forward to testing myself in Champs. I’m still struggling with elements of this year - particularly my fondness of using the keeps and centre backs to distribute and cross field kicks - this year is the worst I’ve played for outragreous ability of player to do acrobatics to block a clearance kick and then control it on the spot. I’m scoring for fun though, including against guys with plenty of big red cards. I just need to not give those easy goals away trying to be clever.

Not sure I’ll get a full weekend in at any point, mind. The missus working on shoots a lot of weekends helped me get access to the TV in previous years but she’s only just got a 3 day job this week and there’s not much going on for her in the film and telly business still. I’ll be happy with the minimum wins to qualify again, hopefully achievable in 20 games.
    Last edited by The Merse; 16-06-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Any recommendations for players for Liga Nos assists? They need to be supersub friendly for me.
    In terms of buyable I would say Bruno's IF should be good enough to make that happen. He is like 42k but should hold his value as IF's are getting rarer (though they might come back with football being back)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its official. TOTS will be replaced by TOTW for rewards?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent seen that if it is. I thought I saw it was TOTS again.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red picks tomorrow are definitely TOTS, I haven't seen anything regarding upcoming weekends.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been given an Ultimate Pack.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    182 special players in packs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...UGygmTfQ#gid=0

League SBC grind is back.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Mendy objectives are nuts. I get is a month but jesus.