Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing lovely bits in Argentina. Did I pick up a Libertadores?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team Flair is coming together. Some of these 12 flair scrub regens will get offloaded eventually after they develop some, but I'll never let Canovas go. Lukman & Correa as a 14 and 15 flair CB pair are also decent.

Lining up a 3-4-1-2 with wide centerbacks, a libero, roaming playmakers, a trequartista, and 2 complete forwards. This is gonna be great.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canovas strutting around on the field

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julio Cesar? Thought it was FM 13 for a minute.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beljo is a hell of a striker by the way, highlight of my non regen players for sure.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point in even including rubbish like this:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they can say they put more things in the game and then stick £35 on the box.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTH won the league.

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For you @Baz

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big money and no assists. Love it. I've learned DR and DM too.

For comparison, how did Josh and niko_cee do? I'm behind them both in the pecking order for me.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    TTH won the league.

I'm ridiculously invested in this. I was one of the only players not on load for this season right? How much of a don was I?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I'm ridiculously invested in this. I was one of the only players not on load for this season right? How much of a don was I?
    You are excellent. Wanted by 20 clubs, as a matter of fact:

Toggle Spoiler

Here are the squad stats for those that opted to stay and win the league:

I played to give everyone a fair amount of games, as you can see.

Nice that everyone scored a goal. Even Lofty scored a penalty in the cup to open the scoring in a 10-1 win against a leisure centre or something.

And the ones out on loan:

Definitely must include 'can be recalled' on any future loans. Moyes and Vieira are never loaning anyone ever again.
    Last edited by Baz; 06-12-2022 at 10:07 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    43 goals+ assists with work rate of 2 and stamina of 3. Not even trying

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's fresh competition for places next season too:

Spoiler: they're all terrible.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    There's fresh competition for places next season too:

Spoiler: they're all terrible.
    Can I get the save file to have a look through? Very interesting stuff. Ta

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Indonesian football

The confed cup is good fun - just be prepared to play 14 zone games, 20 playoffs and 10 semi finals.

Check out Egy Maulana - a great striker at that level.
    I've got a Singaporean team in the playoffs shortly so we'll see how that goes. I had a look at Egy Maulana but he's over in the Czech Republic with Slovan Liberec.

I may be looking at the job centre a little earlier than planned - we've kicked off the league campaign with 4 consecutive losses.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Star player."

If he doesn't play 40 games I'll be furious.

Also Lofty please don't get injured.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His first act is going to be an upgrade to the drinking water at the stadium

https://de.linkedin.com/in/markus-hankammer-6105b484

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie

His first act is going to be making the stadium look pretty:

http://kolajmagazine.com/artistdirec...uardo-martinez

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palamos CF 2022/23 Season Update:

Transfers:

I brought in 10 players total and I don't think I maximised my wage budget efficiently. The keeper I bought in for example was on £300 a week which made him our top earner by miles.

Going out we only lost one main player:

He went in January and was our best CB.

League:

We only needed a point in the final game to win the league as our results against Igualada were better. We were 5 points ahead before the losing run and we completely bottled it. I'm not sure why we completely shat our pants, I think it might be because we were only playing a game a month and our team was not match fit at all.

Squad:

The squad is good enough to win the league but we are losing a starting CM and a starting CB next season and I'm still way over my wage budget due to the youth team.

Youth Candidates:

This was the pick of the bunch and I instantly put him into the senior side and I've given him a couple of starts too. Already our hot prospect as well.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got drawn Man Utd in the champions league first round knockout stage. Thought it would be a perfect opportunity for revenge after they dumped us out at the semi final stage last season.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2023/24 - Season 2 - Persela Lamongan

After our comfortable promotion in my first season, along with the incredible cup success, I was feeling quite confident stepping up to the rigours of the Indonesian top tier. After all, we'd beaten 4 Liga 1 opponents in our cup run and we had matched up really well against all of them. I made some signings, bringing in the 3 foreigners we were allowed to register for the league. We opened the season with a different cup competition solely made up of Liga 1 teams, the Piala Presiden. It basically acted as a pre-season opportunity to build fitness and introduce our new signings and although we bowed out on penalties after the group stages, we'd acquitted ourselves fairly well.

Things went downhill after those opening games...

Honestly, we were woeful. A couple of results weren't particularly deserved - the opening day 2-1 loss to PSM Makassar was one we were fairly dominant in, as well as the 3-0 thumping we received from RANS Nusantara, a side that are floundering near the relegation zone. Otherwise we were roundly beaten, with little to no possession and a poor disciplinary record leading to giving away multiple penalties and receiving numerous suspensions from the number of yellows and reds we were getting. The Asian Confederation Cup offered some respite as we sneaked through to the group stages on away goals, before being fairly competitive, snatching a win in Vietnam over Ho Chi Minh City and fighting hard in our other group games.

After 10 league games, we'd picked up a solitary point and it was looking dire. Thankfully, at the 11th time of asking, we won a league match, thanks to 47 year old veteran Christian Gonzalez coming off the bench to score a winner. We even followed it up with a snatch-and-grab 1-0 win away at Pusamania Borneo, bundling in a winner with virtually the last kick of the game. It really felt like we were turning a corner, the signings were gelling and we were getting into a bit of momentum. Our next game at home to Madura United was a heartbreaker - we played remarkably well against a side in form, got back into the game late on after a sustained period of pressure, before giving up a counter attack and winner in stoppage time to lose it at the death.

And the dreaded message popped up - the board wanted to have a meeting to discuss our poor performance.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thommo sacked

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the tweet says,this is by far and away the craziest game i have ever played in all my years playing this game series. Is the game really that busted or have i just made a shit hot tactic? Cause i have mentality set to Attacking no matter the opponent and i finished second in my Champions League group with Barcelona,Milan and Sporting CP. This is the very first season as well so i only made loan transfers,didnt really buy anyone.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just put the numbers at the end of a tweet into tags not the whole thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoutsonik View Post

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed your link.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah,thanks. Sorry but i clicked the help here and apparently i messed something up and it didnt work properly.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise the TTH thing was happening in here. What page did it start? Glad, but not surprised, to see I was the best player.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Approaching the business end of the season. My 10 point lead has shrunk to 4 points. We surely can fuck it up again, can we?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 pointer coming up.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    6 pointer coming up.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit.

My best player has been poached by a third tier Spanish team

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    So with all that said, a long summer awaits. We have been given a measly 700k euros p/w to spend on wages (which is a decent 15-20% lower than the current lowest in the Premier League), coupled with a pretty respectable 37m euros to spend on transfers. But I am really expecting it to be rough. I genuinely think we'll finish dead last, possibly with fewer than 20 points, since we are severely lacking in quality and the money/time we have just isn't enough to brings us up to EPL levels. But that's fine. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and be happy that we're getting money in, so that we can establish ourselves as a yo-yo club before we make it to the Premier League for good.
    Went better than expected I guess:

Not dead last and not fewer than 20 points but still relegated. We were in with a small chance of surviving up until that last game, where we'd either have to beat Arsenal (at home) or rely on Bournemouth and Brighton to lose. In the end it was just a slim chance and where we really failed our survival was 2 games before that when we were winning against West Ham but conceded a silly equaliser in injury time. I also have to take a lot of the blame as I decided to go with our sort of all-out attacking formation at the start, which ended up with us getting 1 points from the first 6 games, with 11 goals scored but an embarassing 29 goals conceded. I eventually decided to opt for a counter-attacking strategy, also changing our formation from a diamond to a more conventional 4-2-3-1, which however meant that we would have to play a few players out of their natural position as we had no wingers.

The board did threaten to fire me (which I think is bullshit in itself), but they didn't, so I'm hoping we get to easily win the Championship and get another shot at this.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very quick update with my ultimate challenge save that I've been able to fire up again recently. I've already won the league, cup and Champions League with Arsenal so I should really move on, but I don't want to. We've got an exciting young team that I keep adding to so I'm sticking around for the foreseeable, before a move to France, Italy or Germany.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I've now got a 5-star world class rating and have taken over Bob Paisley as the leading English manager.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atalanta : Season 2080/81

The season has ended, and it's been a relatively good one, i think.

Despite the MASSIVE bottling last season, we did not go mad in the summer. I had a young squad and an extra year older made me feel they would be better the next season.

From an earlier post, you'll know we were in with a big chance to win the league. Napoli imploded in the end and we won it at a canter.

Also in what might be my last year with Atalanta, it was nice to break the total points record for Serie A. The Parma record was also mine when i managed them back in 2063-67.

Italian Cup, meh. I was happy to sacrifice this to concentrate on the league and champions league.

Champions league; i'm still angry about this.

The squad; My star man Mauricio was crocked for a good few months which affected his season.

The question is, do I stay with them or move on? The fact the board will refuse to build a new stadium means we are limited to a measly 24,000 stadium, so I'm looking elsewhere.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 2080/81?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 97 years old but still going strong.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palamós CF 23/24 season update:

After the first 4 games I thought we were going to walk the title. My star striker was banging them in for fun, the team was looking good and we were creating so many chances (30+ shots in games 2 and 3) and then it started wobbling. We kept throwing away points, the striker stopped scoring and chances were few and far between.

I kept switching from my 4-3-3 Wing play (which is what I used last year) to a 4-2-3-1 Tiki-taka to a 4-2-3-1 vertical Tiki Taka (both with CM's) after Prat B battered us I moved to a 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress with DM's which is a super original tactic. We didn't have any decent DM's as I couldn't find any but I had a decent youth and started re-training my CM's. We lost to Mollerussa early but we still looked good and I kept with it and we looked great.

Thankfully no one really broke away although Mollerussa was threatening to do so but then just started losing and lost 6 of their last 12.

Also, not sure why so many teams were added this season compared to last.

Cup:

They're in the same tier as us and it's a shitter we couldn't go further but this happened in our poor run of form.

Squad is very good for the level and I think it could be enough for the level above. Especially as our board have pretty much doubled the age budget. Unfortunately it looks like we will be losing Villajoana our best striker as he's still refusing to sign a contract but our backup Genar has done well when called upon.

I also thought we might struggle when our best player was poached mid-season to a third tier side as he was really starting to grow into his role and had 12 goals in 22 this season by the time he left. Thankfully our backups were good enough.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powered my way through our return season in the Championship since things were simple. We had money and increased status to improve the squad and we finally had a tactical approach that seemed to be working.

We were first the entire way through and at no point was our position threatened. We were even in with a good chance of breaking the points record, but after winning the league we kind of switched off so only ended up equaling it. Honorable mention has to go to Stoke who were in mid-table for most of the season, until going unbeaten for the last 16 games.

Solid performances from the whole squad. O'Leary was voted as our player of the season from the fans and he's well and truly a club icon. Joined us in League Two and he's still the first person in the team sheet five years later.

So we have established tactics, a better reputation and more money so I can only hope we will be competitive in our second foray in the Premier League.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meant to post if anyone doesn't have FM graphics and wants a mEgApAcK without any effort, I synced my graphics folder to One Drive: https://akr.st/fm

Download the whole folder and put it in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have left Atalanta and moved to the Gills for my 2nd stint. They finished a lowly 11th in the season just gone.

Fair to say we've not had a great start.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after being unceremoniously dumped from my job in Indonesia, it was back to the job market in an attempt to restart my fledgling managerial career. One that still had no coaching badges, as Persela Lamongan constantly refused my pleas.

A lot of low level Norwegian and Swedish jobs were available in their respective regional divisions, but most were offering a mere couple hundred in the wage budget for the entire squad and it would be a real slog to build my reputation up. I was applying for jobs across most of the world and after a few weeks, the job interviews started rolling in. From these numerous interviews, I received job offers from clubs dotted all over the place, from Ireland, Wales and Latvia in Europe, to Singapore, Malaysia and even another offer from the top tier of Indonesia. I was tempted but ruled that job out purely to mix up the career and move on to a different league.

And so, I ended up accepting (on Boxing Day 2023) the job offer from...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    So after being unceremoniously dumped from my job in Indonesia, it was back to the job market in an attempt to restart my fledgling managerial career. One that still had no coaching badges, as Persela Lamongan constantly refused my pleas.

A lot of low level Norwegian and Swedish jobs were available in their respective regional divisions, but most were offering a mere couple hundred in the wage budget for the entire squad and it would be a real slog to build my reputation up. I was applying for jobs across most of the world and after a few weeks, the job interviews started rolling in. From these numerous interviews, I received job offers from clubs dotted all over the place, from Ireland, Wales and Latvia in Europe, to Singapore, Malaysia and even another offer from the top tier of Indonesia. I was tempted but ruled that job out purely to mix up the career and move on to a different league.

And so, I ended up accepting (on Boxing Day 2023) the job offer from...

Toggle Spoiler
    Nice - good luck catching JDT

I'm just about to quit at Buriram United in Thailand. Finances are screwed, and although this season we are finally only playing in one continental cup... lo and behold, the National team played in the AFF Cup (ASEAN) and AFC Cup both taking place without the season having a break - and I supply 13 players to the national team, so had to play about 8 weeks in total with the kids.

Also, despite winning things our attendances are getting lower every year, losing about $4m a year now. Also when I do manage to find a really good young player from overseas, they get pissed off the very moment a bigger club try to sign them, and said big clubs big stupidly low amounts.. like $400k for a player worth at least $3m.

Not fun anymore.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen that the PS5 version of the game still hasn't been released

It's going to be 2024 in 2.5 weeks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleb Lasso

So 5 of us (Pleb, myself, Thommo, Mahow and Gray Fox) have got together for a good old fashioned "Succession Game" playing as Unemployed Sunday League footballer Pleb Lasso and.... what a start we've had.

Pleb was up first and landed the job at Gloucester who expected midtable but were in the relegation zone with 8 points from 11 games. Pleb then managed 16 points from the next 14 games, leaving them still firmly in the relegation places when it came to me. Due to lack of updates from him I have no idea what happened during that time...

First thing I noticed was we were facing Leamington at home who Pleb had just beaten 5-2 away so I didn't want to bring in massive changes right off the bat. I stuck with his tactic even if it was a weird 4-4-2 with an AML but a normal RM.... and even if we had no good options at RM or LB in the entire club. I even stuck with the 2nd choice keeper being in goal.... because Pleb has inexplicably only started our "first choice" keeper 3 times. I was depressed by the lack of loans.... I thought Pleb knew loans were the way to the Champions League, but in fairness.... my stint didn't go much better. We did beat Leamington again and picked up 7 points from our 5 games in January before following this up with a 1-0 win against Bradford PA which moved us out of the drop zone. Unfortunately, the next game was against the team directly below us, Curzon Ashton, and after playing 70 minutes looking like 11 blokes that had never met and being 2-0 down, we battled back to 2-2... only to lose to a 95th minute corner. That result felt massive and the writing was on the wall. Not long after the board gave us an ultimatum of 11 points from 5 games or be sacked and despite heroically beating top of the table Spenny 2-1 and then going away to Buxton and thumping them 4-1, the axe fell on Pleb Lasso following defeats to Kidderminster (0-1) and Scarborough (1-2) so we got sacked at Flamingo Land Stadium. My stint ended with us taking 17 points from my 13 games in charge. Gloucester would ultimately get 12 points from their final 8 games and stay up by 1 point.

We go again and I hand over to thommo after securing a job with Dulwich Hamlet....