User Tag List

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saves like this, and seeing that player screenshot, really highlights the astronomical effort put into the FM face packs. We have no right to know what that man looks like, but yet we do. Fair play to sortitoutsi and everyone involved, flowers definitely deserved.

Also interested in this mega Fulham tactic.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have decided that this season will be my last at Sampdoria and I shall move onto my MAIN SAVE after but I'm still unsure what to do.

I had hoped to do it with this club:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Athletic_Club

Who were the first football club in France which was founded by Englishmen. They also won the first division 5 times in the first 8 years. Sadly it seems they're now just a social club and aren't officially in the French football system (at least not in one high enough that anyone has bothered to make on the editor).

As such I'm currently debating between a mental Journeyman game or one of the following clubs:

BFC Germania 1888, they are the oldest association football club in Germany (others were founded before them like 1860 Munich but they were formed as a gymnastics club). They are unofficially the very first German champions but the league wasn't officially recognised. They were also part of the first recognised league but they were already relegated before World War I and I don't believe they've been back. They're currently in the 10th tier of German football, which may not even be available to download on the Workshop.

First Vienna FC, the oldest team in Austria, they were in the top division until 1915 when they were relegated but a few years after they climbed back up to the top, found their feet and even won the league in 1930/31 season. They also managed to win it in 32/33, 41/42, 42/3, 43/44 and finally in 58/59. Sadly they started to fade from there and went down in 1968 and they seemed to turn into a yo-yo club but they did have two stints in the UEFA Cup in the late 80's but since then they have slid down the leagues due to poor performances and financial issues. They went down as low as the fifth tier but are currently now in the second division.

SV Juliana '31, a team in the fifth tier of Dutch football which is the second highest league of amateur football. They have no real history that I know of but they are an option as I have actually been to their ground. This year in the Summer my Cousin's son went to a tournament in the Netherlands which was hosted by the club. His team (Luton U13 or U14) finished second after failing to beat Anderlecht's youth team in their final game.

Palamos CF, the oldest club in Catalonia beating Barcelona by a year. They have never been to La Liga but they have won the third division once and the fourth division 3 times. They have also won the Catalonia Cup once. One of their notable players on Wiki is a guy called Jordi Condom.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vienna for me, Clive.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a way to lose an undefeated streak which stood at 40 games. Backup keeper (first choice got injured last week for 3-4 weeks) proving he might not be all that.

Here's Olivera btw:

Take note the colour of his shirt and his parent club...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I've just been drawn in Group B of the AFC Cup (Europa league equivalent) ... thing is I'm playing Champion League this season, and have actually already played 2 group games
    So, apparently this happens to every Asian country who have teams entering both the Champions League and the AFC cup. SI have acknowledged the issue, but still not fixed it. Given nothing changed in Asia from last year, it's quite the achievement to fuck it up.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Saves like this, and seeing that player screenshot, really highlights the astronomical effort put into the FM face packs. We have no right to know what that man looks like, but yet we do. Fair play to sortitoutsi and everyone involved, flowers definitely deserved.

Also interested in this mega Fulham tactic.
    The tactic is pretty simple, but it really works with the personnel. I won the first 4 games of the 23/24 season too, including a 3-1 win over City, before a 0-0 draw away at Bayern in the Champions League opener.

A lot of it is based on pacey wing play to create crossing opportunities and set-pieces. Andreas Pereira is so good from dead balls, and with Mitrovic in the middle, it's well worth several goals over the season. Not to mention Bernd Leno in goal severely outperforming the xGA and keeping us in games. So I think it's a little bit of the tactic playing to our strengths, and a little bit of luck and overperformance from certain players.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started a TTH save but we'll see how it goes before I post much about it. In my wisdom I figured I'd loan list everyone to try and get everyone game time, but nobody wants to loan anyone. And I've set everyones price to £50m to try and stop bids that the board will inevitably accept, but now everyone has a slight concern icon. Man management 1.

My physios are fit though.

@Ben pulled his groin a few days in, the pervert.

I might as well post screenshots of everyone, I guess. Does this Imgur album work? If anyone can identify all 31 player photos, you'll play every game.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MJ Statue

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ben pulled his groin a few days in, the pervert.

I'd be fucking decent if I wasn't so slow.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

I'd be fucking decent if I wasn't so slow.
    You’re on Quickness training and our captain, with @P_3 as your deputy. Mainly cos you two will probably rotate playing alongside Lewis, in the long run. In the first season, everyone will rotate.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goalkeepers

Toggle Spoiler

Defenders

Toggle Spoiler

Midfielders

Toggle Spoiler

Forwards

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 01-12-2022 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some tremendous pictures there.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some that could be either or in terms of position so I've tried to put everyone in the right place. Noticeable that some picked really physicals over mentals and vice-versa.

@Baz chuck me the save file and database edit if you can. I've a PC itching to sim this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The MJ Statue
    FFS

Some great photo choices in general. Genuine lol at Sue Perkins.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MJ

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm destined for a stint in Serie C and early retirement.

Get a new thread going, Baz.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [feels there's too much competition for places/]

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    @Baz chuck me the save file and database edit if you can. I've a PC itching to sim this.
    Sure. It might not be the finished article yet, cos I've a feeling the squad will be ransacked when the January transfer window opens. Hopefully all fine though. I'm also reluctant to put it on Steam Workshop cos of GDPR or whatever so I've uploaded them tp easyupload. Password is tth

Editor file: https://easyupload.io/jjctrl
    Here's my saved game right at the start before I did much: https://easyupload.io/fyzm99
    Here's the future regen file: https://easyupload.io/6ukbf9 (Replace the existing file in Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2300\edt\permanent)

Facepack and config file: https://easyupload.io/qceo9a (extract to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics\players)
    Kits for the National League North including TTH and config file: https://easyupload.io/ygitsk (extract to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics\kits)
    Badge and config file: https://easyupload.io/i67u5y (extract to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics\pictures)

If anything doesn't work, let me know. If you use other editor files (eg something to fix Ajax staff) then the player IDs will be out of whack and the config file will need editing to reflect that. Will work fine if it's the only editor file that adds people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Get a new thread going, Baz.
    I don't think I can satisfy the desire for a thread, due to how little time I get to play FM at the moment, so I'll just post in here.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it all down and going to look at it now. Cheers Baz.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev and igor have got a bit of Cole and Yorke about them.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game file, graphics and everything etc work fine. It does clash with my logo pack so I've had to remove that for now.

I can start simming it now, however @Baz you are added as a playable manager. Would you want me to resign you and holiday indefinitely or figure out a way to set you as the clubs manager and sim with you there?

I'll knock a thread up with the results. I don't imagine my PC will take longer than a day or two to get through it.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could start a new game using the editor file, and then I wouldn't be in it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel well, lads.

Also forgot to upload the 3D kits files, but if you're simming it doesn't really matter. If anyone wants them, give me a shout. Means your home screen before you load the game has a proper kit hung up in the locker room, more than anything. The ME is so broke that most of the time the players on the pitch are sporting four different kits anyway.

Also since @wullie mentioned it, all red cards are now going to Rene Henriksen and not Maldini.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty. I've got everyone who is generated at the start to keep their history after retirement just in case of a serious injury to someone.

I suspect the high natural fitness guys will play into late 30's. The lower ones will be early to mid-30's, but we'll see.

Set it to save a new file every year and it's off simming now. I hope it works well!

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had it in my head that if either goalkeeper conceded, they'd swap over for the next time. Completely forgot that clean sheets don't exist on FM23 so Luca and Lofty are basically rotating every game.

Mahow's just missed a penalty, the wazzock. That's him destined for a job at centreback, I think.

Aydee trains well every week but is absolutely turd in games.

Spoonsky is phenomenal. Can play almost everywhere and always seems to assist, wherever he's playing. Strange he's so generous when most of his teammates are on his dislike list.

Good job we've 31 players cos everyone racks up yellow cards like they're TTH posts in a reg thread.

Also I like playing Boston away cos we can rock our snazzy third kit. Presumably Southport too.

Just noticed Clunge is tiny in the match engine. Him and Queenslander are our shortest players, both 170cm. Lofty of the course the biggest at 208. Dark Soldier (205) and Josh (200) also very tall, and both black. Lofty also the heaviest player, with niko_cee the lightest.

Also this made me laugh:

Always been a topic of conversation, in what order we all weigh. I'd agree with this.
    Last edited by Baz; 30-11-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at the end of season two and I've stopped for a nose around the club. I would suggest maybe making them semi-pro may have been a mistake. All but 3 players have left the club, with most having gone into u21 squads.

When it comes time, would people like me to post player by player updates? Or would they prefer something else?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how he's managed it but @Yevrah has created a lower league Haaland beast.

Toggle Spoiler

Also shows the silliness of the rotation I'm having to do - scored 4 and got dropped for two games. Didn't seem fussed though; came back and scored 5.

I noticed a loan transfer happened so offered everyone out for loan again and some have sodded off for the rest of the season, including Aydee celebrating being called up to the Japanese B team by jetting off to Japan:

It's cute that @Spoonsky and @mugbull have gone together.

Just the 25 left to keep happy.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see Igor actually go to Uzbekistan.

What a thread that would be.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a new record signing in my CM/FM career.

Absolutely obliterates the leading transfer in my save which was £140m paid by PSG for Pedri in 2024.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also this made me laugh:

Always been a topic of conversation, in what order we all weigh. I'd agree with this.
    Those heights are off though…

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Those heights are off though…
    If only you'd have filled in a form that had your height on.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mines right.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've gone past 2031 on my first test run and it does seem very much luck of the draw of who has moved where.

Considering we all have the same starting CA and all of our potential is in the range of a world class player, we have one of us slumming it at Scarborough Athletic meanwhile one us just hopped from Bayern to Real Madrid.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name and shame, so I know who to leave on loan in Uzbekistan.

Also did you use the future regen file?

2031? Is your PC from NASA!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For about five seconds I thought that person in Mahow's post was AE.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Some tremendous pictures there.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read your messages you nutter.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is serious deviant behaviour. Even mark the cunting things as read.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Danny is going to Qatar.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name and shame, so I know who to leave on loan in Uzbekistan.

Also did you use the future regen file?

2031? Is your PC from NASA!
    I've 32gb of RAM, an m.2 SSD and a Ryzen r7 5700x.
    Each season takes about 10-15 mins to sim with just England loaded.

And yes I did put the regen file on.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benefit of forgetting to declare for England.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't yet progressed past 2031 as I've stopped for a little look around. I regret to inform any English full back/wing back hopefuls that Southampton generated this guy, who may well be the best FM wing back I've ever seen.:

Annoyingly I forgot to untick the use editor button on this save, so I can't quite see what's going on fully. I may have to do a re-do with that enabled.

So there's definitely two different paths people are taking in this from what I see so far. Everyone had left TTH the club by the end of the 2nd season.

Essentially those that have been less successful have tended to move and then get stuck. They don't get football at their new club, nor do they get it on loan or in some cases even get loaned. For example, one person got bought by a Premier League team end of season two, on a 5 year deal. They didn't make one single appearance for them, even off the bench, in any competition, for the whole 5 years and were never loaned out. At the end of the deal they went to Scarborough Athletic on a free and didn't play for the first year there either.

The more successful guys have tended to get some good playing time in higher leagues not long after moving on. Around 2026/7 they start making appearances in better Premier League sides and develop.
    Very few were early developers and actually it seems to be that as everyone is hitting 26 or so now, we're only just at that point of getting guaranteed first team football at top sides and caps for England. The England boys getting called up are only now in the 20-30 caps range.

We only just got our first entry on the Ballon d'Or list(3rd place) this year. We did have a European Golden Boy winner among us though!

Now we get to the interesting bit where even the likes of Haaland move into their 30s and should start to decline. Our boys are coming up towards their prime in most cases too. Also the ones that didn't quite make the cut have settled into lower level football across the globe. I wonder if there'll be any late career resurgences.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something about Gammons.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's been a patch:

Changelist 23.2 (including, but not limited to):
    Stability and Technical:
    - Stability and crash fixes
    - Optimisation improvements
    - Fixed a rare issue where the Pre-Game Editor crashes when verifying basic rules
    - Fixed an issue where the game cannot progress when the user manages both a club and the U23 international team
    - Added native Apple Silicon support

Match Engine 23.1.0.0:
    - Fixed defenders incorrectly stepping up at times when defending in a back three with no fullbacks/wingbacks
    - Adjusted the directness in some teams
    - Reduced the number of unrealistic lofted passes
    - Reduced players losing the ball too cheaply when playing with back to goal
    - Reduced the frequency of defenders giving the ball away in and around the box
    - Tweaks to defender anticipation when running towards the ball to attempt an interception
    - Tweaks to defender decision-making for aerial balls
    - Tweaks to defender reaction times in situations where they've switched off and made a mistake
    - Improved centre defender decision-making when covering for fellow CB outside the area
    - Improved corner defending, particularly defending at the near post

Gameplay:
    - Improved CA progression rates for players in inactive leagues
    - Improved Attribute distribution – NewGen generation + progression (eg. Crossing for fullbacks)
    - Improved AI club individual training logic
    - Tweaks to NewGen reputation
    - Fixed an issue where players’ individual position/role/duty training being incorrectly removed
    - Fixed an issue where the squad are unhappy with the lack of depth in a position not used in user’s regular tactic
    - Fixed an issue where players and the board incorrectly think that a club vision has failed
    - Fixed an issue where the number of scouts will reduce to zero when the scouting budget has been used up
    - Fixed average basic wages displays within Finances
    - Fixed an issue where there is not enough recommendations returned when user starts a recruitment focus with a role selected
    - Fixed an issue where the user was unable to cancel a scouting assignment on a player
    - Tweaks to U18 players’ interest for a pre-agreed transfer
    - Tweaks to AI transfer targets when using certain formations
    - Tweaks to recruitment focus the initial pool of players when creating a new focus
    - Improved AI loan negotiations when making counter offers

Art & Animation:
    - Fixed an issue where kits changed colour at the start of the second half
    - Improved various GK animations

Competitions and Rulegroups*:
    - Fixed an issue where the FA Cup second Round matches are being played on an unrealistic date
    - Fixed an issue where some players don’t have settled status in the UK
    - Fixed an issue where the group stage draw is triggered after the end of the group stage in the Copa Libertadores
    - Fixed an issue where some nations apply the maximum loan rules incorrectly
    - Fixed an issue where teams playing European matches on Thursday were playing league matches the following Saturday
    - Fixed an issue where the Italian Cup semi-final takes place during international window
    - Fixes to the Portuguese Championship including allocating the correct teams to the correct group
    - Updated a number of substitution rules
    - Improvements to scheduling in English top flight and less fixture congestion
    - Improvement to fixture scheduling in Italian Serie A for future Decembers
    - Added a January registration window to the new format of the Champions League to address player changes during the January transfer window
    - The Carabao Cup semi-finals are no longer being played at Wembley
    - Free transfers can now be signed outside transfer windows prior to March 23rd in England
    - All eligible match squads for EFL matches can now be submitted
    - Indonesian registration window dates now match the transfer window
    - Africa Cup of Nations to take place in January 2024
    - Added VAR to Scottish leagues
    - Finnish clubs are now updated in the correct divisions when the game starts in 2023 season
    - Updated foreign player rules for various Asian competitions

UI/UX:
    - Fixed an issue where the touchline tablet auto changes during a match
    - Fixed an issue where the previous meeting panel displayed the incorrect number of games
    - Fixed an issue where the sort function in the squad registration screen
    - Fixed an issue where some scatter graphs aren’t displaying in the All Visuals dropdown
    - Fixed an issue where transfer appears twice in the transfer stat panel within Club Vision
    - Fixed an issue where the team form is being shown backwards within Dynamics
    - Fixed an issue where the users can’t access the Earring panel after using Photofit when creating a manager profile
    - Fixed an issue where visualisations from the analyst panel appeared in the wrong colour during a match
    - Added information on how many stoppages are left to make substitutions during matches
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First game on the new patch, I win a game 8-2.

Defending FIXED.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a lot of changes for not fixing the game still.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't fixed scouting according to that list either so assignments will still get duplicated or deleted for no reason.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are consecutive clean sheets in the game yet?
    I'm a twit

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOAR TTH FC plz