User Tag List

Page 288 of 342 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 14,351 to 14,400 of 17058

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I thought I was a man of integrity as I told my female colleagues about my magnum dong and what I wanted to do to them with it'.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's going on in Nottingham?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    It gets better:

A trial at Chester Crown Court has heard Bilham created a Snapchat account as George Parry, a male drug dealer from Birmingham, and wore a hood while meeting the short-sighted complainant, claiming to be “paranoid” because of an involvement with Albanian gang members.
    Wedge lives!

Bilham said after the first time they met in person the complainant messaged her to say “There’s something weird about you”, and blocked her on Snapchat.

But there continued an online “love hate relationship” which became “toxic” at times, the court heard.

After Bilham passed her driving test in April 2021 they agreed to go for a drive together in the countryside, where they were together in her car for five hours.
    Five hours with your glasses off.

On another drive on May 11, 2021 Bilham crashed her mother’s car into a hedge and police were called asking for her licence, which had her real name.
    Rumbled by a car crash.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    What's going on in Nottingham?
    A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after three people were killed in the city.

Police were called to Ilkeston Road just after 4am where two people were found dead in the street.

Officers were then called to another incident in Milton Street where a van had attempted to run over three people. They are currently being treated in hospital.

A man has also been found dead in Magdala Road.

Police have arrested a 31-year-old man on suspicion of murder and he remains in police custody.
    Sounds like a stabbing spree.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just saw the breaking news notification for that. It was all "major police incident" with no details before. Grim.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gal-time-limit

I have absolutely no problem with this. I know there is a weird lobby for women being allowed to commit crimes, as well as the abortion up until birth nutters, but you would like to think normal people would agree with it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The law probably needs some sort of reform, which sounds like what the judge was getting at with [In their sentencing remarks, the judge made it clear that women will only be protected from prosecution if MPs bring forward legal change]. It's a complicated area.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gal-time-limit

I have absolutely no problem with this. I know there is a weird lobby for women being allowed to commit crimes, as well as the abortion up until birth nutters, but you would like to think normal people would agree with it.
    Yeah, there has to be a cut off, and for me, the current guidelines seems fairly reasonable.

You want to abort before 10 weeks - go ahead, even for no reason, I don't any issues... but at 32 weeks, with no mitigating issues, just seems a bit off.

Then again, I'm a bloke.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could sort of understand the outrage if she'd been imprisoned for lying about being under 10 weeks but was still inside the legal limit of 24 weeks overall, but as it is does Stella Creasy want abortions to be legal after 28 weeks and beyond 30?

Having looked, I think she does:

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And having read the comments, she's getting absolutely battered for her ill defined take on this, mostly by Women.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further reading has me wondering if you can legally get an abortion anywhere in the World later than 24 weeks? New Zealand, when run by the best Woman, nay Human, ever to have lived only legalised it in 2020 and even then only up to 20 weeks.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    And having read the comments, she's getting absolutely battered for her ill defined take on this, mostly by Women.
    Yeah. As one person asked, does any country in the world allow abortion at 8 months?

We need to be careful in the UK that abortion doesn't become a political issue (or an issue at all) like in the US, but articles like this are the reason that it will.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how I feel about it. I basically agree with the current abortion limits in this country as I understand them. I don't think a woman should be able to abort a viable foetus in contravention of those limits just because the pregnancy is unwanted and expect no consequences.

But equally, I am of the opinion that sentences for crimes should serve some purpose beyond pure punishment (which is basically just societal vengeance). I somewhat agree with those saying that a prison sentence in cases like this serve to benefit absolutely nobody and nothing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    I don't know how I feel about it. I basically agree with the current abortion limits in this country as I understand them. I don't think a woman should be able to abort a viable foetus in contravention of those limits just because the pregnancy is unwanted and expect no consequences.

But equally, I am of the opinion that sentences for crimes should serve some purpose beyond just punishment (which is basically just societal vengeance). I somewhat agree with those saying that a prison sentence in cases like this serve to benefit absolutely nobody and nothing.
    It serves as a deterrent, no?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it to be honest (as in this case, where she apparently googled it and so knew the possible consequences and did it anyway).

I guess the argument should be for destigmatising people who recognise they aren't going to be able to cope with their prospective baby and ensuring avenues of support are both adequate and available.

Whether that be support to enable them to cope with keeping the child, or support in finding an alternative (such as adoption). This woman felt unable to seek help (it seems partly because of shame but I imagine also partly because of covid) and so that her only viable option was what she did; it is wrong that women should feel this way in a modern society in my opinion.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 13-06-2023 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, she knew she was pregnant from December 2019? I thought she hadn't found out till too far along/couldn't access the services because of covid or whatever. Why would you wait so long before deciding to abort?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that hadn't quite twigged. Is that when the phone service started up?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus. Christ.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Slicing and dicing.
    Have they caught the machete waving maniac yet?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Further reading has me wondering if you can legally get an abortion anywhere in the World later than 24 weeks?
    Six states in the US do not have any restrictions, which basically means that you can legally get an abortion as late as you want in the US as long as you have money to travel to one of those states.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kid was "aborted" at between 32 and 34 weeks. Elective C-sections start at 37 weeks.

I see precious little difference between her taking those pills at that stage and a baby being shaken to death post birth. That's not an abortion, it was a fully formed, viable baby. She got off lightly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a very well known scam in certain corners of the internet.

The same crowd spend other peoples Nectar points.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spend half those stories thinking lock them up and throw away the key and let the fish eat their rotting corpses, and then I read this:

Tesco suffered total losses of £1,966.92 in the scam, the court heard.
    And then I think go on, lads, stick it to the man, they should have their ducks in a row.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love for a judge to rule 'maybe don't replace all your staff with robots.'

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it have been refreshing if one of those Nottingham parents used their vigil platform to threaten to Timothy McVeigh the Home Office.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was mainly surprised these idiots were in the middle of Architecture and Engineering degrees.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just not fucking idiots. I work with a cunt who's a grown adult with a house and a wife and a child who goes on with all that satanic shite like he's a toddler. Another of your square headed brethren and all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's plenty of room for every church (Mosque, synagogue, etc.) to have it's own merry band of dickheads.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The police watchdog director general raping a 16 year old. Grim.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have an LGBTQ+ thread yet and if I put it in the 'things that fuck you off' thread I risk coming off as homophobic so let's try here; I'm all for slapping a load of random colour on public pathways to try and bring about acceptance but the shop window the Waterstones had dedicated to children's literature today was startling. I've just google image'd 'LGBTQ children's books' to give a few examples and I can't even pick specifics out from all the horrors before me. We're not talking about 'Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, 6.5 Inches Deep' stuff aimed at 12 year olds here, we're talking about shit aimed at the absolute youngest of minds.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The national religion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all started with Tinky Winky.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The national religion.
    World Religion mate.

There was a little Pride MONTH event where I live today. Most of the stands where for the different local churches, who are all trying to out-woke each other. Pretty lol.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day someone will explain what they mean by woke. One day.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    One day someone will explain what they mean by woke. One day.
    TW: Reference to social issues. Please don't read if you may be offended.

People with #BLM and their pronouns in their Bio. They usually have blue or green hair, a nose piercing and some kind of deliberately awkward identity. E.g she/them and will not explain why it isn't she/her or they/them, you filthy bigot. It's violence to ask.Typical toxic masculinity from the straight cis-male patriarchy. Sounds about white. Oh and if you eat a salad you're fatphobic, so watch yourself in the food thread, that was nearly very triggering for me. #EatTheRich
    Last edited by Spikey M; 18-06-2023 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my moderating efforts are similar to the values mentioned here @SvN
    https://www.reuters.com/breakingview...ns-2023-06-16/

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OTT pride stuff (and BLM and its variants) you all just have to deal with I'm afraid. I'm sure you're men enough. I know it's frustrating, not having literally everything in front of you reflect your own experiences, but it's better than how things used to be.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really care. Phonics asked what people think being "woke" is and that's what it is as far as I'm concerned. It only really exists on Social Media anyway. The only people behaving like it in the real world are the cunts sitting in the middle of roads and pouring milk on the floor of Harrods. The uktra-woke. Or the Woke Ultras, as it may be.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually anyone with #bekind in an online bio are the worst people of all.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The OTT pride stuff (and BLM and its variants) you all just have to deal with I'm afraid. I'm sure you're men enough. I know it's frustrating, not having literally everything in front of you reflect your own experiences, but it's better than how things used to be.
    Was there not a point between criminalising it and aiming books about it at children that ought to have been a more natural end-point for how society interacts with a particular group of people, or was state-induced saturation coverage the only possible outcome?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waterstones are a business, guessing there's a market for it. It's like complaining about Christmas baubles being on sale in October.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are markets for absolutely loads of things that he shouldn't exist or we've decided as a society won't exist. This should be another one. It's yet another example of the insanity surrounding this issue that is going to utterly fuck up so many kids. For those suffering gender dysphoria the focus should be on the parents to recognise it and get them help, not blanket bombing every boy with the idea that he might actually be a girl.

It's utter lunacy.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Market argument is a bit cheeky, if we're going to equate this stuff to Xmas then we could probably safely do likewise with vaping. Having said that, too fucking right there's no going back.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LGBTQ+ packaging doesn't help, it muddles what are completely unrelated issues.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The LGBTQ+ packaging doesn't help, it muddles what are completely unrelated issues.
    100%. I disagree with Jim on a trans issue, there appears to be a perception that I’m disagreeing with him on all issues covered by it. Quite a brilliant marketing ploy really, one has to admit.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LGBT/LGBTQ/LGBTQI+/LGBTQQIP2SA

The flag seems to go under more transitions than the kids.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a good interview [or something] with a children's author I read recently, I forget what books he'd written but I've read them and they are good, and his main argument/point was that it is pointless trying to write books 'with meanings' for kids as their brains are much more wired to be interested in wild/ridiculous things and as soon as you start trying to up the worthiness they switch off and lose interest. I can definitely vouch for this. It's not to say the best kids books are devoid of meaning, but you can spot the ones that have been through the advertising representation and equality lens a mile off and the kids generally hate them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with that. It's why Roald Dahl was the GOAT, a meaning in every story but it's always subtle and below the fun and wacky surface.