Page 160 of 173 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 8,000 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Greedfall I never got to but hear it's a bit of a 6/10.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2... have you played many of those reet old RPGs? No idea how those two in particular hold up but my gut feel is that they're gonna feel very dated. Which, y'know, fine if you're into it. Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 might be more obvious "warming up for Baldur's Gate 3" material given it's the same dev, even if it's a different series.
    My favourite ever RPG is Dungeon Siege, which is basically the poster child for six out of ten, so Greedfall sounds good to me!

I also saw something on Steam called Wartales which also looks like it would satisfy my Dungeon Siege appetite, but it’s only on PC and I want to play on Xbox, really. That being said, Baldurs Gate 3 isn’t coming on Xbox on release either, so theres that.

And maybe the BG “Enhanced Editions” mean they’re not so dated? I dunno though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll definitely be getting to Wartales at some point.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baldurs Gate will require you to do a fair amount of reading.

But you really ought to play them, at least BG2. There are sure to be some characters that show up in BG3 so it's good for that.

I started with Greedfall, but I couldn't stand looking at the characters when they talk. Something so weird with the mouth animations that I couldn't look past for some reason that it just made the game uninteresting for me. But I never really made it out of the harbour you start in.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't often see love for Dungeon Siege

You could probably play the first two on your watch these days, steer clear of the third it's an absolute stinker.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a poke around the house for a bit of a tidy while I'm signed off for a bit and found some of my retro consoles.

I've got a NES, SNES and PS2 all with a controller each. The former two I believe I bought for like £30 each and are worth a good double-to-triple that now. PS2 was a christmas present from whenever the year was it released(either 2000/01).

I'm wondering if the time is right to sell them on. They're just gathering dust now and the former two especially can be emulated perfectly by a device smaller than your smartphone now and for easily sub £100.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I think about retro collecting, I'm reminded how maintaining carts sounds like a right ache. I'd rather emulate and not have things on a shelf that I'll never power up.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after my Anbernic arrived borked, I got myself a Retroid Pocket 3+. Same chip, but larger screen, better Android build, etc. Plastic shell, but I'll probs use this for a couple of years then upgrade to a metal device once we have retro handhelds in the £100-£150 range that can handle PS2 fully. Not really got fully stock into it yet, but really like the device.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Every time I think about retro collecting, I'm reminded how maintaining carts sounds like a right ache. I'd rather emulate and not have things on a shelf that I'll never power up.
    Yeah especially when I reckon I'd be well up around £200 in CeX store credit if I sold up to them. I could probably do better in cash by sticking them on Facebook/eBay etc but I'm not sure I want the hassle.

I would not mind turning them into something like a Switch. I want a handheld of some description. Though for that price I'd be looking a the Lite version and hoping CeX had one that wasn't scratched to fuckery.
    The alternate is getting a retro handheld straight away but I was told to hold off on that so I had something for my birthday later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
    So after my Anbernic arrived borked, I got myself a Retroid Pocket 3+. Same chip, but larger screen, better Android build, etc. Plastic shell, but I'll probs use this for a couple of years then upgrade to a metal device once we have retro handhelds in the £100-£150 range that can handle PS2 fully. Not really got fully stock into it yet, but really like the device.
    How much did you end up paying for that? And was the shipping experience better this time?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it off Droix.co.uk instead – £170 with 5% off, which basically made the postage free.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the EA PGA game as Amazon sent me some £5 off if you spend blah blah thing so it ended up costing me £45 of actual money. I'm not getting the hang of how the different shots work yet, some where I think I'm dinking it just shy of the pin end up clearing the green entirely. Putting remains a mystery to me but I've not been too far off with them so hopefully that knack will come. It looks and sounds the absolute business though, I love how there's a team of commentators just hanging out and occasionally popping their nose in to talk about particular shots and holes.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
    Got it off Droix.co.uk instead – £170 with 5% off, which basically made the postage free.
    No issues with them?

I like the Pocket 3+ as the coloured plastic they do on one reminds me of the old Gameboy and N64 days, but I'd worry with the kids about that one bad drop could crack that thing.
    The stacked shoulder buttons are also a plus, but then I don't believe they have hall sensor sticks which by itself is a major selling point.

I wouldn't have minded waiting for a revision, but their next device seems to be the Pocket Flip. Which is in the 3DS style.

We do however seem to be coming into a place where there's a good 3/4 companies trying to out-do each other on these, while even the big boys are starting to try and match the Steam Deck. They're also mostly in stock. As far as I know right now you can get all Anbernic devices without back ordering and even the Miyoo Mini Plus you can get sent straight away, so long as you don't mind the colour.

I'm going to properly price my retro stuff up in a bit to see what I could get.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are doing a metal P3+ soon. Might be a good option. Re Droix - fine. They order in bulk from wherever and then sell on at a mark up in the UK. Service fine.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the new EA golf game.

Did some training and the first round in the starting amateur tournament.

Approach shots can be a bit hairy for me and I need to get better at putting. I seem to hit the ball far too softly every single putt.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The long distance putts I tend to at least finish close by, but the ones closer that really should be sunk I tend to not quite get my angles right so far.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Microsoft's deal to buy Activision is ON THE ROPES.

UK Regulators have blocked it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most annoying thing about EA Golf is that my swing seems to be slow almost every single shot.

On the 2K golf game it was almost always fast, even after doing the swing tuning thing about 18 times.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    The most annoying thing about EA Golf is that my swing seems to be slow almost every single shot.

On the 2K golf game it was almost always fast, even after doing the swing tuning thing about 18 times.
    What swing setting did you set your golfer to?

Also wullie, smack the putts. Don't be scared to go a few feet beyond your math and then go over the stroke power. If you go too soft or to exact math you're gonna have a bad time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I selected fast, although when I went to knock it down it seemed to be at normal.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    What swing setting did you set your golfer to?

Also wullie, smack the putts. Don't be scared to go a few feet beyond your math and then go over the stroke power. If you go too soft or to exact math you're gonna have a bad time.
    I saw something about adding a foot or a yard for each inch you go uphill and the opposite for downhill, with that itself in mind I seem to be having a bit more joy. I guess trial and error along with souping up my golfer will go the rest of the way
    Last edited by wullie; 28-04-2023 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I believe I selected fast, although when I went to knock it down it seemed to be at normal.
    Put it on slowest, trust me.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I saw something about adding a foot or a yard for each inch you go uphill and the opposite for downhill, with that itself in mind I seem to be having a bit more joy. I guess trial and error along with souping up my golfer will go the rest of the way
    Yeah that's the general math for putting, but you can be a bit more courageous in this. Roll out isn't as bad as other games so you can slam the ball in and take a lot of the break out if you're not bother by a 6 footer or so on the way back.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shot that catches me out most so far is pitch (I think), if I'm near the green I've got a horrible habit of overdoing it and shooting straight past the green and out the back. Flop however, that's my guy. I also love when you overpower the drive and get the dramatic animation, even when there's absolutely no call for the extra power

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah flop is insanely good. If you can unlock the spinner too its basically pitch but much less roll out

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A foot per inch? No wonder I keep coming up short.
    The shot that catches me out most so far is pitch (I think), if I'm near the green I've got a horrible habit of overdoing it and shooting straight past the green and out the back. Flop however, that's my guy. I also love when you overpower the drive and get the dramatic animation, even when there's absolutely no call for the extra power
    I'm also the same with pitch, I need to unlock flop then (and spinner).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flop is a default one so you should have that, the only one I've unlocked as far as I know is Texas wedge which I've not tried, not brave enough for the idea of putting from half a mile out yet.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I clearly haven't paid attention then.

I've also unlocked the Texas Wedge (tried once, it didn't end well), Roller (I can't seem to master it) and Pick which seems to work really well in bunkers.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh I'll have a look for pick, the only option I get in bunkers is blast which I appear to have absolutely no control over at all.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can control blast but you need to raise the club up to max loft, it'll minimise roll. Or use afterspin if you're playing with that on.

Texas Wedge is awesome. I just holed a 40 footer off the fairway.

Also do the daily/weekly/seasonal tournaments for big rewards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started on the seasonal free tournament at Augusta.

Sim difficulty is lol. I'm going to get ruined.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quit that as well. Do the dailies to get tickets then do weekly and seasonal for big rewards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +15 on the sim difficulty. That was rough.

I did manage 1 birdie which I still can't quite believe.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dark Soldier

Can you hook me up with the whole Switch Emu set-up. I really can't be bothered to play the new Zelda on my actual switch.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switch emu is hit and miss. BotW doesn't run that well on it so I wouldn't be expecting the new Zelda to be running good on launch mate.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing Mario Odyssey and I am a fan of it basically being Hats: The Game. I am of course having Mario run about in his boxers.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Switch does quite desperately need an upgrade to its internals. Which is a shame as otherwise it's basically the perfect gaming system.

It's quite annoying as I want one but don't want to shell out for one and then to announce the next one in a year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a really good effort on the weekly tournament at Teeth of the Dog in EA Gold.

-1 which isn't amazing but I did have a triple bogey on one hole because I kept finding the water off the tee.

I hit some really nice putts as well, seems I'm getting my eye in there.

On tour difficulty and I really smashed the back 9. It also seems it was quite tough for others as the -1 is good for 710th right now so I should get some decent rewards.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Clunge Don't know if you have it yet or not but the Pocket 3+ just got a firmware update a couple of days ago and it sounds like it helps a lot with Gamecube and PS2 level games.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit my first eagle

Then followed it by another one on the 16th, the achievement only slightly sullied by the two double bogeys that worked to cancel them out entirely

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching that still thinking it has the sarcastic Canadian caddie commenting on your shots.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came 5th this week. Got knocked out by a 54 year old female Librarian...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wondered for a while who Dunderlinger was in my sub list, now I know.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zelda leaked online, downloading to try emu.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. With the switch as a backup plan

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone back to shit today on golf.

Missing so many putts and my approach shots are constantly bouncing much further than I anticipate.

Went into the Q-School tournament on -7 after 3 rounds and leading by 1 shot to dropping to evens after round 4. Thankfully the AI seemed to be shitting the bed and I finished 10th or something so I'm on the Korn Ferry finally.

Really need to work on getting my control attribute up.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Zelda leaked online, downloading to try emu.
    Torrent had over 2000 seeds in about 20 mins
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30fps 1440p resolution, runs beautifully lol

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve never played a Zelda game.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I’ve never played a Zelda game.
    This both confuses and enrages me.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats me losing 300 hours of my life to it. Love it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve also never played a Zelda. I’ve tried but just never gotten into one. I’ll give this new one a bash.