User Tag List

Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,900 of 4533

Thread: TTH NFL Fantasy Football 2017 thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won my Star Wars themed IDP league which was my only win across five.

I lost a semi-final as well (for money) but would have won the final had I made it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 leagues, struggled in both TTH due to going in on Freeman early and him not playing. Managed to make the play-offs in one of them and the other 2 leagues I'm in.

Semi-finals in my work league whilst being 2 x Champ, it was my 2nd worst week of the season(since week 1). Then there was Dans Dynasty. At one point looked like I was going to walk it but then I ran into the man himself in the final and lost.

I've been deliberately trying to mix up who I pick across my leagues so the team doesn't turn into the same one 4 times, but it seems to backfire outside of the ones I pick the players I'm high on.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the two leagues for me overall, both TTH, but I did enjoy it so may branch out next season and add a couple more. As mentioned earlier, won TTH Dynasty, but crashed out in the playoffs to Pleb () as my WRs all got injured and/or traded to teams who refused to target them for numerous weeks.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generously let someone else take the TTH title for the first time, but two finals in the two dynasty leagues was nice, even if I only ended up with one title.

Didn’t even give enough of a fuck to look at the Yahoo leagues, but I might’ve won one of those as well. Should have the TTH daily league wrapped up as well now, barring Mahow destroying me during the playoffs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dan @Browning any news on keeper settings changes and rookie/actual draft news for your leagues?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some early discussions about some small rule changes in the league which have been quite productive. The first recommendation was that I do away with the QB limit during the rookie draft, but reinstate it after pre-season. I think that makes a lot of sense. It means anyone who drafts a 4th or 5th QB is essentially wasting a pick unless they can arrange a trade afterwards, but it also doesn't leave people in a situation where they have to pass on a QB they want because they are already at their limit, only for something to happen later on.

I'll be looking to do the rookie draft as soon after the real NFL draft as possible, and intend to allow people to keep as many players as they like (obviously the more you keep, the less picks you get). It'll most likely be another offline draft, but shouldn't be as painful as the last one. I just like the offline one because it allows for trading down during the draft itself.

I may consider slightly changing the roster sizes, but I doubt it would be anything drastic if I do.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt I'll be changing mine up much either - still gonna be 18 keepers maximum, which will probably have to be set some point in May, and then we can do the draft May/June time. Will have to go back & look through the thread/Fleaflicker to see if there's anything that needs looking at though.

Also, respond to my trade off @Pleb

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen as the draft is underway so we are awfully close to fantasy season,what are your thoughts on who would go no.1 in a league,guys that are must have and some hidden gems that should be stockpiled ahead of the season?Mine is Saquon Barkley or Mahomes should be 1 and the likes of Julio,OBJ,Kamara,Kelce,Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas are right on their tails.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahomes shouldn’t be in the first round outside of 2QB leagues.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair,this is going to be my 3rd year playing fantasy so i don't what are the do's and don't regarding "it". I would imagine last year's production would propel him into the first round seen as it was bonkers from a proper numbers standpoint.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter.

RB's and WR's are the money makers because there's such a drop off from the elite guys to the average.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top QBs will go in and around the beginning of R3.

There's also fewer and fewer studs at the pure skill positions of RB and WR each year. We've potentially lost 4 going into this season. Bell and Brown are now mortal again and you've lost Hunt and Tyreek could be out as well.

It's going to be mad with RBs in R1 this year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Browning @Dan when's the draft/keeper deadline in our leagues etc?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In about 4 months I'd imagine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    In about 4 months I'd imagine.
    Nope, not for dynasty. Redraft sure.

Dynasty I’ll get the ball moving soon. I’ve had some real life stuff come up that’s delayed it for now but hopefully soon I can sort out the deadlines.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dynasty can go quite early, Gray.

You've already got the majority of your team and it's largely for rookies and it doesn't matter about injures etc.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll have a think after the draft but I think last year it was the end of May for a draft in early June.

Saquon will be the #1 pick, you'd have to imagine. Probably Gurley, Kamara, Hopkins, Michael Thomas, OBJ, CMC, Zeke, then maybe Bell, AB, Julio, and all the other players I've forgotten. Mahomes will inevitably be a R2 guy who goes R1 in a lot of leagues, but yeah, unless he has a similar year to last year it'll be hard to justify it when you can get 20pts off the waiver wire almost every week.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invites went out last night so if you can all check that and accept. The keeper deadline will probably be relatively soon, so try and look at that when you can.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you resend the invite to me again please? Apparently the invite link was invalid

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone else said the same thing then got it to work. He said the app didn’t accept it or something?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea open it with a web browser and you should be ok. If not then let me know.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, done mine. Just put a message on the Fleaflicker dynasty league about the draft, but it’s basically the same plan as last year - keepers by the end of May for a draft second Saturday in June.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @thommo and @Gray Fox are the only two from TTH that need to renew now. Hopefully we get up to the 12 soon and I can set up the draft. I’m thinking the deadline for keepers will be in a week or so (which is later than planned, typically I like to get it soon after the real draft) so if anyone wants to send their list in early please do.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Fleaflicker roster is quite something. Probably should consider sacrificing a few good players

@Browning how many keepers for the TTH Dynasty?
    Last edited by Pleb; 28-04-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mind had been completely off Fantasy until we had the real draft.

I've renewed if I've done it right.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many as you want but keep in mind every keeper gives you one less draft pick. Also be sure to factor in anyone who was on IR (you can keep the IR guys, but would have to cut someone to compensate as they are in addition to your roster limit).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already done an initial list on the site, but I may give it another look before the deadline.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've probably kept waaaaay too many but I'll be refining the list until the deadline closes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you do it on the site? If you can I probably need to set an official deadline. I think last year everyone PMed their list to me, but either method works really.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there's a 'keepers' tab in the 'my team' section. You can probably do it on the app too but I've not checked.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you usually can do that but I didn’t realise it would allow it before I set a deadline.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Date is officially set at Tuesday May 7th for keepers. It was bought to my attention that Sam is on holiday until next Sunday so I've given him 2 days to sort it once he gets back. Draft will then start at the weekend. It's been posted on the message board.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My work league which is usually full of lol has taken a twist already. More members of the league are gaining interest in/stayed up to watch the real draft which is great to see.
    However the, until now, sensible commissioner has made a full heel turn. He has decided we're to switch from a standard redraft league to a Dynasty, full PPR league.

Not only this, he has decided we can keep 3 players from last year and we're to retain the draft order from last years reverse standings. In short he really wants Dynasty, but has lost the plot in going about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 players is fuck all for a dynasty.

I'm a little annoyed at Dan's league only have 18 ffs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted people to have to make some hard decisions every year & keep the draft having some solid non-rookies to stop it just being a generic rookie draft.

I was also hoping it would mean people got busy trying to trade players who were at the fringes of their rosters during the off-season but it looks like that’s just me so far

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 isn’t for the dynasty part though, it’s keepers from last years non dynasty league, which is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I wanted people to have to make some hard decisions every year & keep the draft having some solid non-rookies to stop it just being a generic rookie draft.

I was also hoping it would mean people got busy trying to trade players who were at the fringes of their rosters during the off-season but it looks like that’s just me so far
    I might be willing to make some trades...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have a fair chunk of players on the trade block, but there are a couple of borderline guys who I could probably be persuaded to part with for a decent price.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m very open to trades in the 12 teamer too. Remember once the keeper deadline passed you can trade whatever draft picks you have obtained too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any sign of @thommo ? He’s the only person we are waiting on now apart from the guy who can’t join until Sunday.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops. I thought I'd clicked the email to rejoin. I'll sort it out now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a reminder to all that the keeper deadline is tomorrow. This means that keepers that have been input on Yahoo have to be finalised by midnight tonight (PT.... so I think that's about 8am tomorrow or something?). Anyone who wants to PM their list to me please do it today if possible, or at the very least early tomorrow.
    @Dan @Sir Andy Mahowry @thommo @Gray Fox @Pleb

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Just a reminder to all that the keeper deadline is tomorrow. This means that keepers that have been input on Yahoo have to be finalised by midnight tonight (PT.... so I think that's about 8am tomorrow or something?). Anyone who wants to PM their list to me please do it today if possible, or at the very least early tomorrow.
    @Dan @Sir Andy Mahowry @thommo @Gray Fox @Pleb
    I've done them on the site, but can PM you them if you need that too?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way is fine. Typically I do both myself because I'm paranoid about ticking the wrong boxes, but if they're on the site that will be sufficient.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get onto the site.

It wont let me login.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to use egde to get on. Chrome sent me in an endless loop.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not had any problems at all.

I thought you had already submitted yours, Mahow (not that I can see it... but I thought you said that in the thread). If there's a major issue I can send you a list of your players.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I had to use egde to get on. Chrome sent me in an endless loop.
    Firefox and Chrome just wouldn't let me login at all and the mobile app was having an actual breakdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I've not had any problems at all.

I thought you had already submitted yours, Mahow (not that I can see it... but I thought you said that in the thread). If there's a major issue I can send you a list of your players.
    I have but I wanted to fine tune it.

I'll try before the deadline but if I can't it's no biggie.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are done on the site.