User Tag List

Page 61 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,050 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird that people thought the pace nerf was such a big deal. In the last couple months of WL and Rivals I've yet to come across anyone playing a target man kind of striker.

Seems like if you do buy a Lewandowski or Mandzukic kind of player the best approach is to stick a hunter on them anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think pace on the ball is more important this year. It's quite hard to get a proper ball in behind that your pacey striker can take advantage of, but it is a lot easier to dribble past players. A pet peeve of mine has been how attackers can change direction faster than your defender can keep up with it.

Raul currently 1.7m, Keane and Costa down to 650k, KdB to 500k. Sterling 230k.

If you do want to do one of the bigger Icons, it's worth doing Keane or Costa first to put into it. It's the same cost as the cheapest market Icons and you get a fair few packs back

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by five time View Post
    For anyone wanting to get Kondogbia, I saw a tweet from an EA person saying they were going to change his nationality (think he recently got capped by Central African Republic). His value might crash after that as long as you then have to link him with La Liga players.
    Hoping he crashses more due to this. I’ll happily gamble that doesn’t get changed - only new NIFs and New specials packed will I reckon. It’s what happened with Eder, Kimpembe, Costa etc. The only difference here is this is a dynamic card, but even then - I don’t believe EA will wipe probs 30-40% value from cards people have bought.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird that people thought the pace nerf was such a big deal. In the last couple months of WL and Rivals I've yet to come across anyone playing a target man kind of striker.

Seems like if you do buy a Lewandowski or Mandzukic kind of player the best approach is to stick a hunter on them anyway.
    Definitely still a thing to some degree - I’d never have played with Hulk up front in previous years as I maintained I needed 99/99 pace on any striker. This year, Hulk, Immobile and Lewandowski, none of them target men, but all only just in and around 90 pace with a hunter are all great cards. Kane is popular too.

I guess, target men aren’t in vogue but Shearer-style no 9s are, if you distinguish between the two.

The main reason we’re still seeing pacey Striker is that 90% of people run either Auba POTM or Reus POTM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these Electrum packs in store OP or what? Bought 3. Got Courtois & Aguero.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Definitely still a thing to some degree - I’d never have played with Hulk up front in previous years as I maintained I needed 99/99 pace on any striker. This year, Hulk, Immobile and Lewandowski, none of them target men, but all only just in and around 90 pace with a hunter are all great cards. Kane is popular too.

I guess, target men aren’t in vogue but Shearer-style no 9s are, if you distinguish between the two.

The main reason we’re still seeing pacey Striker is that 90% of people run either Auba POTM or Reus POTM.
    I just want to use a big strong ST who does not have pace but all the ones i have used are horrid becuase they lack agility and balance it appears. That being said, after reading in here about crespo, i went and checked his stats. Nasty

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/3383482

I'm currently running the above team. Everyone is on 10 chem as 4321 is the formation I play once the game starts. I play Aguero on a free role and it has worked well so far. Much better than IF Lukaku on the ball, he even holds it up much better consistenatly. I want to get Sane instead of Mane as I like the balance with the left footed from the ride side to match Mbappe on the other. I just got Mbappe. Was going to get his IF, but decdied against it.

I would like to add a special CB and special CDM but not sure who to upgrade yet. Ive got just over a million coins left to play with. Worth waiting on TOTY?
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 25-12-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crespo should be unreal.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sniped a Kondogbia for 360k. I’ve also saved 5k as he’s come with Shadow already appplied. He’s been back up at 395k for an hour or so now and has never dropped below 430k on PS so it’s looking a decent deal. He also means I can go back to playing 433(4) from the start, no formation switching required as he’s got Varane, Mbappe and Lala to link to. In fact, he’d only be 6 chem in the 451 i was using to get Firmino/Kroos on chem.

Also grabbed 4600 Fifa points as a present to myself, though they’ve not appeared in the app yet and apparently take up to 48 hours, so Christ knows what packs will be around for me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else signed up for this Premier League tourament?

Edit; https://e.premierleague.com

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After last night’s fire sale I’m now at 4m coins. Interested to see what EA do tonight. An IF sbc would be lovely as I still have 60 83 ratedsvon the trade pile that I’m loathed to sell for their current price.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, the 82-84 prices are disappointing this year. I had 100 82+ duplicates, more than half over 83 and I’ve still got 70 odd havin gonly really used some of them for SBCs and hardly sold any. I made more out of the MLS and Silver objectives, and the former really just paid for the losses I took putting together my own squad at peak prices and selling up when everyone else was.

Still sat on a million with 2000 players, with 250k reserved for re-stocking the high rated cards during the crash. Coming out with that Martinez, Keane, Firmino, Torreira, Subasic and RTTF Kondogbia from the Xmas period means I’ve done well overall. I’ll add another 80k and some more cards tomorrow morning through rewards as well.

Decided against the remaining 24 hours offers. Matuidi’s boosts aren’t significant enough, and I can’t see myself using Tiago Silva considering the untradeable B Teamers I have are all BPL and Serie A, and I’m never going to bring him into my FUT Champs side.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished up Sterling. Some of the untradeable TOTWs I've picked up lately came in useful. It cost me 185k before any packs. Picked up mostly shit but popped a Lloris in one of the packs to make a chunk back. I reckon about 100k spent after all sold.

I'm now going to spend the next 40 minutes staring at De Bruyne wondering if I should do it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did KDB and I am under 1m coins for the first time in a while but I very happy with the squad.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided against it. Even though I've decided to do an SBC with less time than this before and still done it(horrible flashbacks to El Sharaawy)

If the UCL card didn't exist, I'd do it, but it does and it's pretty much the exact same card with -2 pace. That one I can give back when I'm done as well. I'll keep my coins in the hope something massive comes for Christmas day. If it doesn't, then I'll be saving to get an Icon. If not then I might try and sneak a TOTY card.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck all. Probably for the best. I expect Boxing Day to serve up something decent now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all obviously been very naughty this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing to see nothing tonight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realised I was struggling to break teams down early on so I've started using all out attack from the start of games. Stamina drains more quickly but I don't seem to be conceding more.

Also has anyone else got a supersub they swear by? I've started bringing him SBC Gnabry on around the 60th minute and he destroys people.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can everyone post their play style and tactics because I appear to be alone? I can't get my players to fill the gap between my defence and midfield, regardless of what tactics I play. The other team always has players in between the space and even though dragging back midfield to cover is a good tactic. I can never do it good enough and then trying to switch to the correct player using the right analogue is a complete nightmare. Im in divisions 4 now and playing is not fun. Every game is a grind.

Also tackling. I try and intercept and cut passing lanes but it appears that sprinting full speed in a straight line to the guy on the ball is the best tactic. I just can't do it though. It's not in my play style. Playing squad battles for two years I think has really killed me. Ive got bad habits from that game mode that ive taken to online. I want to be better. Im finding the game more frustrating.

We need a casual game mode. Give me a penalty shootout challenge or free kick challenge or something.
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 25-12-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realised I was struggling to break teams down early on so I've started using all out attack from the start of games. Stamina drains more quickly but I don't seem to be conceding more.

Also has anyone else got a supersub they swear by? I've started bringing him SBC Gnabry on around the 60th minute and he destroys people.
    You can get away with about 30 minutes of pure all out attack in this game so that's a bold move.

As for supersubs there's 1 big one you may have missed. 86 Martinez from the MLS was available as an objective. He's amazing to bring on against tired defenders.

My other ones are Salah, 87 Mahrez and now POTM Sterling.

The most common one not listed above is 85 Lozano too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameiro's finesse shots are a thing of beauty.

As for subs. +1 for Martinez, Dembele has still been a staple as I've improved my teams and scream Schweinsteiger, who has ridiculous composure which helps when needing to take chances towards the end of the game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SincereTheRebel

I use this on the 4-2-3-1 version with the 3 CAMs. Full-backs and CDMs both told to stay back whilst attacking. Striker and middle CAM set to stay forward and striker to get in behind.

I've considered knocking the width up, but then I end up pushing Neymar and Mbappe out to the touchline and they're more effective further inside. It does me alright but if I was truly bothered I'd tinker to get it better.
    My downfall is I should really probably play with defensive minded full-backs. Also in games where the other guy is just dropping back, I need better passing on my CDMs as they will have all of the ball.

For this reason I'm strongly looking at an Icon CDM, even though I'd bloody love to have that Raul. Specifically one that can pick a pass. Ballack looks pretty perfect for the role I want, but I'm not paying like 50k just for a loan card.

I keep balanced on both as I, in-game can dictate the pace. Using fast build up or constant pressure will see you vastly over committed and just begging to be countered anyway.
    I did dabble with pressure on heavy touch/possession loss but I soon found that it's great against worse opponents, you can really turn the screw, but those who are composed and can play their way out could get beyond the press and in behind me very quickly.

I play in Div 3 with this, have 2100 skill rating(debating whether or not to make a Div 2 push) and hit 20 wins a weekend at minimum assuming I play all 30 games. I find it best not to get too fancy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be back in FutChamps this weekend. Up to 1,336 qualification points, with 130 to come on Thursday morning for Division Rivals rewards.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SincereTheRebel can't screenshot as I'm away from my Xbox for days, but basically, just covering what's not default mostly:

433(4)

Balanced:
    Default sliders
    Fast build up
    Both full backs set to stay back
    1 CM set to stay back, both CMs set to cover centre
    CAM stay forward
    LW/RW get in behind & cut inside
    Striker stay central

Defensive:
    Same sliders as Balanced (by default these are more conservative), except for Corners & Free Kicks, which remain at defensive default
    Both CM stay back
    Both CM cover centre

Attacking:
    Default sliders
    Fast build up
    Pressure on bad touch
    1 CM set to stay back, both CMs set to cover centre
    LW/RW get in behind & cut inside & stay forward
    CAM stay forward
    Striker stay central

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Can everyone post their play style and tactics because I appear to be alone? I can't get my players to fill the gap between my defence and midfield, regardless of what tactics I play.
    This was my biggest problem, but I've now found it to my advantage, using chipped balls or FB runs to get it into midfield and find the 5 man attacking line that seems to have formed. Fairly sure it's Fast Build Up that's doing it to you. I'm cutting out their midfield and working the ball to a free player with ease when it comes off.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the same as Gray Fox pretty much. Offensively im fine. Defensively I struggle.

@The Merse are you talking offensive or defensively? when im defending, there is a gap between my defence and midfield that my opponent exploits and I can't select a player quick enough to run back as select a defender can be suicide.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my opponent gets to my half I only control the CAM that is closest to the ball, I then try to only switch to CDMs. The exception to this is to switch to my full back if he pushes out and push him back into position.
    My main aim is to slow the opponent down until I can recover my team behind the ball.

It doesn't always work as when I play stupid(without thinking) I end up switching to my CBs and charging out. Recipe for disaster right there.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I use the same as Gray Fox pretty much. Offensively im fine. Defensively I struggle.

@The Merse are you talking offensive or defensively? when im defending, there is a gap between my defence and midfield that my opponent exploits and I can't select a player quick enough to run back as select a defender can be suicide.
    Offensively and specifically when I’ve not got the ball out of
    Defence quickly enough (whilst the midfield is still a little deeper. defensively is fine as I’m usually bringing the non-stay back myself.

Have you changed your CM’s to cover central or left as default (cover wing?)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cover centrally. Do you veing your middlle CAM back and do not switch to any other player until he is back in line with yhe CDMs?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there's a good 4 cards there I'd love to see red tomorrow.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Lala.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have to get that Havertz. He's one of those ones who I love playing with, even his normal card

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come what may, TIF Lala will be in my club soon. I’d love a red tomorrow.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say the same of Sonaldo, but good lord 700k I am not paying.

My red luck has been a bit shit lately, but I'd love one of Sandro, Son, Pogba or especially Lala. The state of his card:

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/17512/Kenny%20Lala/

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With an anchor card, fucking hell.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing again today from EA?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only assume there's no one in the office. But considering millions have just got this game you'd expect something.

This lack of activity is pushing those Icon SBCs down in price though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Nothing again today from EA?
    Yep, very disappointing. They have released promo packs so I guess they are just focused on cashing in on the new players over Christmas.

The prices have dropped of the players which I like to invest in (Fabregas / Kompany) so I have stocked up on them.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve re-bought the La Liga players I sold up. Made a profit flipping them, even after tax:

Casimeiro 6k
    Isco 27k
    Kroos 24k
    Navas 22k x 2
    Busquets 26k x 2

Ter Stegen and Firmino are still inflated, so can wait to be replaced, Handanovic too. Both would make no profit at the moment (break even after tax so not all bad).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought prime Crespo earlier today and he's cracking.

Never really got on with Aguero and RTTF Sanchez was so much better up front but Crespo is donning it.

He's such a clinical finisher too.

Thinking about Icon Schmeichel next to add another United legend but I don't know if he's that much better than De Gea to justify the price.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably go for Van der Sar, but the extra kicking on Schmiechel may help a lot.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ribery and Parejo going for <45k. Quite a deal for 86+ IFs with those club/nation combos.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to buy 5 Ultimate packs with coins, here are the results:

Pack 1: 83 Tah, fuck my life. There were 2 other 83's and then fuck all.
    Pack 2: 84 Neto and Rodrigo. I'm starting to regret this decision.
    Pack 3: 87 Mertens and 85 Alisson. Better but still horseshit.
    Pack 4: UCL RTTF Moreno, IF Foster and IF Meret. The last two can be put in Icon SBCs but still shit.
    Pack 5: 84 Gomez.

Either my luck has run out or it only works when I use points.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got that 4200 saved up, and after noticing I had 17k in Xbox rewards, have another £15 of microsoft value to add to that and have a go, so I'm hoping to pull something. Just need to get to my damn console to do it.

By then (Friday night), I think RTTF won't even be in packs so I might hold on for TOTY.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Icon SBCs, the lack of any content since the end of FUTMAS is sending the prices lower and lower.

It's now less than 600k to do Costa, Keane just hovering over 600. Less than 1.6m for Raul and Ballack with Rivaldo now at 850.

I'm not sure how much further they will drop, but even without a pull the cost after packs is down to about 500k for the first 2. Most definitely worth doing the lower 2 before turning one in for the higher priced Icon if you are wanting to do it.

EDIT: You'd get 7 packs for doing it that way instead of just buying an Icon off the market. 2 x 100k packs in there as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    850k for Rivaldo is tempting. I’m convinced a second icon will be needed for Henry & co, so it seems a worthwhile deal. I also don’t use Felipe Anderson’s stronger right foot much as I don’t tend to cut inside to shoot - I normally go for power from the angle, same with Mbappe, so Rivaldo is probably very usable for me.

If I’m right about needing a second icon for a big boy, then I’d be spending 250k for the packs and a usable icon. So the risk might be worth it.
    Last edited by The Merse; 27-12-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting an Engine card on him sorts his only bad stat in his Balance too.

I think the pricing shows you where EA stand on their status in the game. Keane, Costa and Campbell are not end game cards and we all know it. They're now a decent value.
    Then you look at Ballack and Raul. Priced at 1.6m each right now, they're clearly seeing those as close to, if not end game cards.

Rivaldo comes somewhere in between. Certain things hold him back from being top tier. A 2* WF combined with you having to either play him off chemistry or move one of your other amazing LWs off chemistry is really not ideal.
    Looking at Henry he definitely falls into the end game category. You could even make a case that he's going to be more expensive than what we have now. I'd reckon you're definitely going to have the exchange an Icon requirement along with over 1m coins worth of SBC at the least.

If you did that Keane, Merse and aren't happy with him, you can put him in and you'll need only 245k at current price. You get 300k worth of packs back for doing Rivaldo too.
    Alternatively you could do Costa for 590k. You'll get about 350k of packs back, then stick him into Rivaldo for another 300k of packs. The latter is obviously more risky coin wise, but has the higher chance of that big pull.