User Tag List

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Oh and in worse news still, half of Europe now want Endrick. He's renewed, but only with a £121m minimum fee release clause.
    Sadly no one is interested in the one in my save. He's doing ok with Brentford but he does have a price range of £104m-£123m and I get 50% of the sale.

It would be lovely if United or PSG decide they need him in the Summer and go all out.

Edit: I've just checked his contract, £88m release clause for CL clubs which expires in the following summer. Fuck, Brentford need to HOLD for another year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're now languishing a bit in the league as it's all in for the Conference League:

Lazio were put to the sword in East Anglia having gone down to 10 men early doors and if we beat the Danes we'll face CSKA Sofia or AZ in the final for Norwich's first ever European trophy!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 6-0 aggregate win over the Danes and we're in the final.

9th in the league now, but with a million games in hand we could go 7th, but I suspect the above will be our best chance back into Europe. Sadly, with 5 leagues game left, it'll have to wait for another day.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Touch automatically downloaded onto my phone overnight along with some nba shit too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't for the life of me find the option in Touch to change the database size. I've looked everywhere. When you go to create a new game, it says do you want to start a game with x leagues / x nations with a small database. Anyone sussed this?

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I can’t see it either. My game speed is only 2 stars with 3 nations loaded though so it may be device specific as my iPad is from the ark.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bellingham really is a beast. A bargain at £96m

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully one of you figured the DB size thing out before I have dinner.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wage budgets are still borked. I took over at Crewe, loaned out 8 players, saving about $2,500 a week - yet those savings were not reduced from the available wage budget for this season :/

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SI getting absolutely slaughtered in their feedback thread. Love to see it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the full game release changed anything/made things worse?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing has changed, ME still the same. They still refuse to release a changelog, like every other company does. Same errors from beta exist. Same awful defending.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The literal whole structure of the Indian league is incorrect, made me lol. It changed this summer and SI just kept it the same, didn't bother. Not that many will bother with that league, just shows their level of care.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 08-11-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also announced that VAR would be implemented in Scotland, but then just didn't do it, despite being told during beta that it was missing. I can literally fix that in the editor in 5 seconds.

And yeah, no changelog for some reason.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comes to something when people are asking for the in game editor to be free so they can use it to fix the many copious errors that can occur during a save. Rather than SI actually well, fixing them.

I sound so negative but it's a fuck awful release this year. Its my most loved series ever.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had barely any fit CMs and have 4 world class full backs so thought i'd rip off DS' idea with the FB/WB combination. Seemed to work well, even before the red card. Was originally just a sole DM and 2 Shadow Strikers but they were getting a fair amount of room so dropped one back to be a Roaming Playmaker after the red card and there was a key highlight every 3 mins. I'd imagine it will get obliterated if I persist with it.

That and I'll have a lot of unhappy wide players and centre mids.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just clocked their boy got 2 yellows and wasn't sent off

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reteain wide players to WBs and CMs to DM. I played Sancho as a RWB, he was amazing. They can't defend anyway so may as well!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did they start charging for the editor?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In game? Pretty much always.

The pre game is meant to be free.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh I didn't realise there's an in-game editor now. Really weird that they bothered making that let alone selling it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Bellingham really is a beast. A bargain at £96m

Now I like Jude and think he's going to be this good, but like fuck is he that good now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 4 - 2025/26 End of Season Update

Disappointing league position, 2 places down on last season, which was saved from being a disaster by other events. It has taught me one lesson mind, the league and FA Cup are getting sacked off for now, we simply won't have the squad for it for a little while yet.

We made hard work of it but a brilliant result and so chuffed to win a tournament. Europa League qualification secured.

Very happy with that either way, but it looks much bigger than it is as we're basically spending all that on wages already now.

The crowds are coming!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid effort from QPR.

How broken is the ME on a scale of 1-10?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like it, but then I've barely played the game for years (couple of months last year and Oxford City on FMwhatever prior to that since 2015), so I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I can easily imagine how if you'd bought and played it a lot every year you wouldn't be particularly happy with it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think I’m in the same boat. Opened it up and played properly for the first time in the Summer since before the new board was even created.

Regarding that Bellingham, that much just be a save he reaches his max possible potential and quickly because mines in 2026 is nowhere near that and can’t even start for me.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Solid effort from QPR.

How broken is the ME on a scale of 1-10?
    I'd put it at a 2 and that's despite doing very well in it. Won quad second season with United. If you run 2D you can ignore it but under 3D its oh boy a mess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was looking at the players in range screen:

A 16 year old newgen is revolutionizing the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norwich Season 5 - 2026/27 Summer Window Update

The most exciting window we've had so far and somewhat unexpected. I may have made a few too many changes, but we'll see and either way when they develop, I think we've brought enough quality in to really push onto the next level.

Starting with the players out:

I wasn't planning on selling Caicedo or Aarons but with a number of first team players upset due to constant attention from top four clubs I had little choice for the sake of sqaud harmony when both Man Utd and Chelsea agreed to pay fair prices for both. Other players leaving were a couple of young signings on loan (more on that below) and a couple of higher earning squad players I'd bought but had seen their usefulness wane somewhat.

Back up left back for Sam McCallum (who has been the surprise player of the starting Norwich squad by some distance), his versatility will also come in very handy.

Straight replacement for Caicedo. Not quite as good, but hopefully will have enough to be a good first teamer. Was the best option I could find by a mile.

Norwich's new record signing. Straight replacement for Aarons. Already looks nearly as good, has plenty of room to improve and perhaps most importantly, wants to be here.

Needed some solid midfield experience and Geoffrey was the man.

One for the future but the not too distant future by the look of it.

Retraining as a RB and will be back up to Preti.

Bizarrely no work permit for this one so out on loan he had to go. Will replace one of my whinging centre backs at some point.

Krul retired so we needed a number 1 keeper as a result. Not ideal due to his age, but Liverpool beat me to the other target and first choice I had so here we are.

Targets for the season at this stage are a higher league position than 7th and to get to the latter stages of the Europa League. Fixtures for that shitshow coming up soon I believe.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another little bug, SI got the license to Juventus this year so they have their real name again. They forgot, however, the change the U23 team, who are still Zebra U23.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Another little bug, SI got the license to Juventus this year so they have their real name again. They forgot, however, the change the U23 team, who are still Zebra U23.

Anyone tried this ridiculous tactic?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all getting pretty embarrassing for SI isn't it. They had less bugs when it was three of them in a tin shed 25 years ago.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back the Collyer brothers!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

Anyone tried this ridiculous tactic?
    Aye, it is a load of shite. It's a bog standard tactic, he definitely went as the other manager or whatever.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s too much even in Touch for me these days. Back to 01/02.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    There’s too much even in Touch for me these days. Back to 01/02.
    Same. Totally lost after 2 minutes of clicking around. Far too much information.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the way Osimhen and Immobile are donning it for several years in my Milan save, I feel like I will mostly focus on obscene Off The Ball stats for my regen strikers. It seems ridiculously powerful this year.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    SI getting absolutely slaughtered in their feedback thread. Love to see it.
    Best is the handful of fannies posting stuff like WOW WITH ALL THE THE NEGATIVITY I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL THE HARD WORK.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never drill down deep enough into it to really pick up on most of the stuff the hardcore players are angry about, but I've got next to no idea what the squad planner is meant to do. It forces me to do a tutorial about injuries every time but leaves a proper new feature hidden away with barely a hello

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    With the way Osimhen and Immobile are donning it for several years in my Milan save, I feel like I will mostly focus on obscene Off The Ball stats for my regen strikers. It seems ridiculously powerful this year.
    Immobile has been so good in mine that he took the TOP 50 PLAYERS award and Ballon d'Or from Haaland (who is a bit shit in my save) one year.

Vlahovic is also pissing it in my save:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Best is the handful of fannies posting stuff like WOW WITH ALL THE THE NEGATIVITY I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL THE HARD WORK.
    My favourites are always those saying it's a 'you' problem if you're seeing bugs you just don't know how to play the game.

Alright mate Miles ain't gonna shag ya.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2027/28 Season Update:

Transfers In:

I have two keepers at the club, Elia Caprille and Charlie Setford. Caprille seems to decide now and then that he wants to be a dick and let goals in whilst also moaning about leaving (he moaned when someone made a bid in the Summer, said he'd stay if he got a new contract and then a week after signing said contract wanted to move). Setford on the other hand seems to have barely progressed. As such I wanted a keeper with tonnes of potential. Sosa had to start the first few games as Caprille was injured and did ok despite not being able to speak to our defenders. He's played a fair chunk this year and his value has gone boom.

One of the best Italian MC/AMC's (that I could afford) so I felt I had to buy him. I think he looks really handy and has done alright on loan.

Not the biggest fan of Gross as I feel he has too many holes in his game right now but he is only 16 and my scouts absolutely adore him.

I felt we had 3 good first team strikers but we needed a 4th. I wanted to buy Moukoko last year when Delap and Endrick left but he wanted mental wages, this year he was reasonable. He's not as good as he should be in my game as Dortmund barely played him and stunted his growth but he's fast and can finish.

One of the better Italian defenders around so I felt it only right to scoop him up.

Another of my scouts picks that I'm not overly sure about. When I first scouted him he was 4.5 gold stars potential, when he officially joined he went down to 3 and then up to 4 a week later. So that makes me wary about him being great.

Another of the really good Italian defenders and I really like this kid. Auto pick even had him over one of my starters a few times late in the season.

I didn't really have any cover at RB and I saw this rapid guy in my price range who can also play at LB. It was a bit of a panic buy which I regret as he's got fuck all other than pace.

Transfers Out:

Signed on a free and he was a handy squad option but the money was good and some of my youth CM's are starting to progress and needed more game time.

He's a big lad but I never knew where to give him minutes. He has a CB build but his defending isn't good enough and he's shit going forward so I didn't want him at LB. Good profit was made though.

A scout pick who upon signing lost some potential stars, that I was able to sell him for good money is crazy.

I liked Imdad but he wasn't progressing enough and so I cashed in.

League:

We looked like it was going to be an easy ride to 5th but then we turned to shit in March and April and I thought we were going to fall as low as 8th and miss out on Conference football. Then that weird Juve result happened and it lifted us, we even became the league highest scorers.

Cup:

Meh.

Europe:

Finished 4th in the league phase easily and I thought we had an outside chance at winning. I'm really annoyed we lost to Bologna who we battered in the first leg and had someone sent off at the start of the second half.

Squad:

Player of the season is Jonay Arrocha who is just incredible and has now re-trained as an AMC and starting almost all games there. I think it might be time to sell my starting full backs (Klapan and Castagnaro) as they aren't progressing anymore despite starting all the time, Caprille has been sold already and I may look to sell Baturina. Leonardo could also leave as he's now 4th choice but he does score when called upon.

Youth Intake:

The best of a very bad bunch this year.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a dogshit 25/26 season (out in knock-out rounds of CL, finished second behind Juve in the league), and had to promise my players we'd win the league the following year. Inter has other plans.

At least the CL group stage is going okay.

Edit: Now they're 13 straight.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 09-11-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bit the bullet last night and had a good mooch around the database. I've picked out the below for potential saves.

Ross County
    AS Saint-Étienne
    Anderlecht
    Fortuna Sittard
    Como 1907
    Racing Santander
    Górnik Zabrze
    Rubin Kazan
    Vélez Sarsfield

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saint-Etienne are always good fun.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    I bit the bullet last night and had a good mooch around the database. I've picked out the below for potential saves.

Ross County
    AS Saint-Étienne
    Anderlecht
    Fortuna Sittard
    Como 1907
    Racing Santander
    Górnik Zabrze
    Rubin Kazan
    Vélez Sarsfield
    Anderlecht. Newgens for days. Might be too easy domestically tho

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always have to be wary on saves like that. There'll be a period of several seasons where you'll be untouchable in the league but not really competitive in Europe. If you can stick that out you'll be grand.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Always have to be wary on saves like that. There'll be a period of several seasons where you'll be untouchable in the league but not really competitive in Europe. If you can stick that out you'll be grand.
    Mate tell me about it. I managed Hibs the season they were in the Scottish second tier with rangers and hearts, promoted first season, won the SPL first fuckin season up. Celtic pipped me next two years, then I won the league about ten years in a row largely using my b team, while losing in the later champions League knockout rounds over and over again. Fuck knows how or why I persisted so long.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So for anyone playing Touch, SI have just confirmed there will be no option to change the database size (despite the UI quite clearly stating that you're starting a game using the small database): https://community.sigames.com/bugtra...issing-r11743/

What a load of total horseshit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only gone through like a couple of months but I can't say I've seen anything egregious so far, at least to the extent pointed out here/in the SI forums. That's not to say the game is good, as it suffers from all its usual flaws (and more), but I could understand how the average joe that doesn't delve deep into the game and the ME could think it's a good game. And sadly, it's the average joe that's the main target of this (and any, really) game, so SI gets another free pass on doing nothing for another year.