User Tag List

Page 325 of 342 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,250 of 17058

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anywhere in the world where farmers aren't continually moaning?

Sounds like the European tractor spares market might be heating up in then next few days.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    French farmers are pure entertainment.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need farmers poor so they aren't tempted to buy the latest machinery. Manu, Manu, seven more years.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Donny T is going to turn down all that lovely money.

Meanwhile in London, we're still fighting the Wars of the Roses: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68137926

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elon is going to go full Super-Villain at some point, isn't he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68137046

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Half Life.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch it mean not at all what he wants it to sound like it means.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Clapham attack story is just about the most perfect country is finished story imaginable. All that it needs now is a soft sentence that he doesn't serve in full, another failure/refusal to deport him, and the rest of his life in a council house in Central London.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behind every one of him there are ten extreme left activists/lawyers lobbying for him not to be deported at every stage. People like Michael Mansfield should be locked up for treason.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the irony in him burning his own face.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Convicted of a sex offence in 2018 and was still granted asylum. Are we actively trying to usher the far right in?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently some priest got involved and converted him to Christianity then wrote a letter supporting his claim saying he was a reformed character.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deport the priest.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An "Alkaline Attack" is a new one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it going to be some sort of, presumably industrial strength, bleach or something?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Apparently some priest got involved and converted him to Christianity then wrote a letter supporting his claim saying he was a reformed character.
    Asking a 2nd person who actively wants to believe people believe if a 3rd person does indeed believe. Top work that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the trick they all use, claim to have converted to some other religion, to be gay or a woman or something so that you can then say that the origin country will execute you and claim asylum / avoid deportation. The British lawyers facilitating this should all be hanged.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Convicted of a sex offence in 2018 and was still granted asylum.
    That's mental.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably being a sex offender also gets your head lopped off in country of origin, so touching kids / rape is probably a good way of staying in the UK if you're from certain dungheaps.

This is probably what certain Tories, rightly or wrongly, get jip for when they try to get us out of various human rights charters.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sex offence in question seems up for debate. It’s somewhere between flashing his bollocks or actual assault.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Presumably being a sex offender also gets your head lopped off in country of origin, so touching kids / rape is probably a good way of staying in the UK if you're from certain dungheaps.

This is probably what certain Tories, rightly or wrongly, get jip for when they try to get us out of various human rights charters.
    I bet there are people who still think he should have been given asylum, which essentially means we're endorsing saving someone from persecution in one country only for them to come here, enjoy a safe haven and persecute others themselves.

It's madness. It needs to stop and if we don't stop it ultimately the people will by eventually voting in some right wing nutter. I know our electoral system somewhat safeguards against that, but there's a limit to even how much that can stop a tide of public sentiment that has been whipped up into a frenzy with actual examples like this.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some people (e.g. https://righttoremain.org.uk/about/) who believe that there shouldn't be any barriers to migration and are heavily funded to activate this vision. But yes, they are very much the ones doing the most to usher in far right power. They probably want it, too, as they view their lives on some weird oppressor/oppressed axis with virtue deriving from being oppressed, so the stronger and nastier their opponent is, the happier they probably feel.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Isn't it going to be some sort of, presumably industrial strength, bleach or something?
    Probably drain unblocker.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 and 22 years minimum for Brianna Ghey's murderers, probably the best that could be hoped for given their age and the restrictions that come with it. Mental hearing the judge have to quote the stuff about 'want to see how big it's dick is' during the sentencing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    There are some people (e.g. https://righttoremain.org.uk/about/) who believe that there shouldn't be any barriers to migration and are heavily funded to activate this vision. But yes, they are very much the ones doing the most to usher in far right power. They probably want it, too, as they view their lives on some weird oppressor/oppressed axis with virtue deriving from being oppressed, so the stronger and nastier their opponent is, the happier they probably feel.
    The left really need to start thinking things through. It dawned on me the other day that if that nonsense proportional representation referendum had got through we could have had 60+ UKIP MP's sitting in the House of Commons, having the potential to decide major votes and generally not having a clue what they as an MP should be doing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's at the point - like when 'Euroscepticism' could only mean actually wanting to leave the European Union rather than simply pretending to like William Hague, David Cameron et al - that if you don't want to amend/repeal the laws that keep people like that in the country then you support keeping them here, and therefore you privilege their safety over anybody else who happens to be here. Why you would want to do that I don't know. There is a certain person that, as well as not believing in borders, is essentially pro-crime (especially when non-white people are doing it), but I'm not sure it would have a particularly large constituency if people were actually given the choice.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-68138780

This is bizarre to me. I have two jobs, but I have enough to live on shrug. Well you don't do you mate? Hence the second job. Also the last line. Was that his only option?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/68183503

I mean, I get it with Boxing or Football, but I think you're pushing your luck here, love.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She’s not wrong. I played pool for years and even the best women are shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted, but where's the gender based advantage? A more powerful break is about as far as I can get.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a fair point and one I can’t counter. But the evidence is there. The gap is even more apparent with snooker, no woman has ever made a 147.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has to be one of the rare occasions where "lack of opportunity" is the actual answer, I think. Men frequently spend hours chatting shit in pubs and pool/snooker clubs while knocking balls around. Women just don't. And that's on them, really. I can't see any obvious gendered reason why they couldn't compete against a man.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are mental differences that might be applicable to snooker - shape rotation, etc. - but following that would open a massive can of piss, so people will just stick to physical issues.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the key thing will be there's little infrastructure for the female game, from picking it up as a youngster to even turning pro, so there's no depth in the game with which competition pushes the standard up. It's a bit like (but with obviously much worse outcomes in terms of quality) as we see with the Chinese game. Clearly there are more people picking the game up over there than here but the only thing they've truly excelled at so far is match fixing.

The point in question raises an interesting dilemma in that there should be no physical advantage from which Men gain an edge, but the logical conclusion of that would be that there's no point having a Women's tour and it should just be a unisex one. Which is fine in theory, until you realise in practice it would mean that life as a female snooker player would consist of perpetually getting humped in the cupboard of a Milton Keynes leisure centre by Ken Doherty during qualifying for the rest of your days.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'd imagine the men's tour costs more to travel around. A lass would have to do it for the experience rather than the accolades. Also, I'm not sure a women's tour can draw what has been a predominantly male crowd.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    This has to be one of the rare occasions where "lack of opportunity" is the actual answer, I think. Men frequently spend hours chatting shit in pubs and pool/snooker clubs while knocking balls around. Women just don't. And that's on them, really. I can't see any obvious gendered reason why they couldn't compete against a man.
    Height makes a very marginal difference in that you have to use the rest less if you're taller, but the reality is that the standard of female cue sports is so bad that if I transitioned, put some time in (and was independently wealthy enough to be able to do so) I'd fancy my chances at a crack on the female pool tour. Which is why biological men should not be able to compete with Women on a female tour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm calling your bluff and proposing a whip round to make it happen. I'm in for £100. Dig deep lads.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mellin can sponsor me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness I can't think of a bigger technical ability gap between genders (or should that be sexes) in any sport, you'd only need 3/4 jobbing male pros to transition and no biological female would ever win another cue sports tournament again.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    And I'd imagine the men's tour costs more to travel around. A lass would have to do it for the experience rather than the accolades. Also, I'm not sure a women's tour can draw what has been a predominantly male crowd.
    As Bill Burr quite rightly points out, a lot of Women just aren't interested in this shit. I mean, when it comes to Snooker you've got a fuck ton of Men who don't give a crap either.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I'm calling your bluff and proposing a whip round to make it happen. I'm in for £100. Dig deep lads.
    Wasn't there some lottery winner guy who is now in the UK 8-Ball team because he got a table and just played constantly through lockdown? It's one of the few 'sports' where anyone can become genuinely good I think without having some extraordinary talent to start with.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Wasn't there some lottery winner guy who is now in the UK 8-Ball team because he got a table and just played constantly through lockdown? It's one of the few 'sports' where anyone can become genuinely good I think without having some extraordinary talent to start with.
    That’s absolutely true. If you’ve got decent enough eyesight and have the commitment then anyone can be competitive at quite a high level. But then there’s the cost prohibition of the pro tour. That lottery winner is good but even guys who I played in the local league with would destroy him, but can’t afford to quit their jobs to pursue it. So they just play money games (often £10k levels too) on weekends to feed their competitive edge.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to see how women's football develops. Mainly because, without the physicality, you can still develop players decent on the ball with good vision. There's also the added weirdness of the game being largely abandoned before being picked back up in the era of 'play the right way' nonsense. There is no equivalent to route one football until some Toni Pulis reinvents it for the women's game.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pool is the easiest of all the sports, I think. I can't think of one easier. Tenpin bowling up there as well.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I'm interested to see how women's football develops. Mainly because, without the physicality, you can still develop players decent on the ball with good vision. There's also the added weirdness of the game being largely abandoned before being picked back up in the era of 'play the right way' nonsense. There is no equivalent to route one football until some Toni Pulis reinvents it for the women's game.
    The route one point is an interesting one. In ladies' rugby league, because the women can't kick the ball very far at the end of sets, more of the game takes place in the middle of the pitch than the men's game, and it has long struck me that the first team to find a woman who can kick it like a man will gain a massive, massive territorial advantage probably equivalent to fielding an extra couple of defenders. The same could presumably be said for the first football team to find a couple of butch defenders who can regularly clear three quarters of the pitch with accurate passes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First team to find a competent goalkeeper will win it all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be some invasion of the niche sports like cue sports soon enough like the yank golf birds who are basically onlyfans girls whipping up all the golf fans into a frenzy, and that will piss off the die hard women who had to earn their stripes in working men's clubs even more.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before but I just can't take this seriously until someone explains why there are infinitely more male-female transitions than female-male.