User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Sports FC 24

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers - yeah, Gullit is the one I'm least interested in. I need a striker but would prefer a 5* skiller really. But I have a dupe Lewi sitting in my trade pile that needs to go somewhere. I'll use Eusebio's loan in the cup and see how he plays

It's mad how the new promo team is insta-fodder apart from about three cards. At least there's a bunch of SBCs to chuck shitters into (to get other shitters)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First foray into weekend league and it's the playoffs.

Game 1 - Lost 5-4

Gutted to lose this one as we were ahead for most of it but he brought on a 99 loan game Haaland who absolutely destroyed me. I've no idea how you defend against him, my players just bounce off him and if I try and show him onto his right foot it seems to make little difference.

Game 2 - Lost 3-1

Never in this one and 3-1 was a fair reflection.

Game 3 - Lost 4-2

2-0 up at half time and with a host of chances wasted he changed to move his team up the pitch in the second half and we couldn't cope with it.

0-3 after three games and while we should have won two of them this is a bit brutal. With a team like this in previous versions I'd have got 6 wins comfortably, are shit people just not playing weekend league any more?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 4 - 1-0 Win

Not sure what happened here, he wasn't actively trying to give me the win I don't think but I scored a goal where he moved his keeper in a really retarded manner after about 20 minutes and he just quit.

1-3.

Game 5 - Won 6-1

After responding like Gareth Southgate in game 3 I noticed my strikers were a bit isolated in this one so upped the depth and asked one to drop back. Worked a treat and we had space and passing options all over the shop.

2-3 game on, maybe.

Game 6 - Lost 5-3

Really struggled to defend against this chap, made adjustments to contain his wingers but to no avail.

2-4. 2 wins from 4 needed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What formation are you using? I'm still using the 4-2-3-1 from last year

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on 3-5-2, which I've used every year for god knows how long now. I've never got on with the 4-2-3-1, but what instructions are you using?

Game 7 - Lost 4-2

Was 2-1 up at half time and I can only assume my opponent gave his controller to a mate for the second half as I barely touched the ball.

2-5.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 8 - Lost 7-2

I'd assumed at 2-5 elo I'd get an easier game, how wrong I was. Key takeaway from this one was I simply cannot cope with a team that presses me with a high line. It should leave loads of space behind but somehow my opponent simultaneously manages to press the shit out of me and have enough back to take care of any attacks I might get the chance to make and when the latter happens I get so fucked on the counter as he has the ball with 6 players ahead of him to choose from.

Think I'll try the last two games tomorrow as playing in shit connection when 6pm content rolls round will be arse. I wasn't expecting to qualify so I guess two wins from 8 (while clearly objectively dogshit) is not that bad. On the whole I enjoyed the games, but I think the hardest thing about this game is there's absolutely no indication as to what I should be doing differently to be better, which now I think about it is unlike any other game I've ever played.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Is there any site where you can see, which of the evos you have done for a players so, and what evos you can use to chain a player together? I have a 72 rated Bruno Jordao but I cant remember how I got him to this point.
    Is there any website which shows which cards are available from the SBCs?
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 30-12-2023 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I'm on 3-5-2, which I've used every year for god knows how long now. I've never got on with the 4-2-3-1, but what instructions are you using?
    Sorry, 4-3-2-1 is what I'm using. I can never get on with 3ATB formations.

This is how I have it set up:

Toggle Spoiler

Is there any website which shows which cards are available from the SBCs?
    Futbin or Fut.gg have the best Evo path stuff.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Futbin is all over the place with evo but fut.gg is much better. Also easysbc has some useful features. The meta rating is excellent.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fut gg is the way to go for evos. You can add what you have done too.

Another thumbs up for 4231.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ffs missed Raouls correction.

4231 for me. Treat the wide CAMs like wingers, free roam the central one and have at it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished off Weekend League qualifying.

Game 9 - Lost 4-3

Going into this at 2-6 I was hoping for someone with no hands, instead I got a player with a team as good as mine and with a red Mbappe up top. I'd decided before this game to move to tele cam from co-op to hopefully help with dribbling and I felt it made a difference. We came back from 2-0 and 3-2 down but just didn't have enough in the tank to get over the line. How do I run a player who has qualified for weekend league multiple times this close but am now 2-7 myself?

Game 10 - Lost 2-1

One of those annoyingly good defenders who we only managed to break down once, he scored his two goals from corners, where I'm still fumbling to select Gullit as the ball sails into the net.

2-8 overall. I think my worst ever stab at qualifying.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time of qualifying also makes a big difference.

Unless things have changed since I played last, the only people qualifying on weekends are those like yourself, looking to dip a toe in, or those who have finished their 20 games and want to get next weeks qualifying done. I guarantee if you try again on say, Thursday, you'll have a much easier time.

WL also tends to open your eyes to what is the meta and what isn't. Did every single team have the same say left back that you dont have? Did they all use a similar method to score goals? As an example, in FIFA 19, I thought I was doing alright, then I went into WL and found out that the green timed finesse finishes from anywhere inside 20 yards would fly in. I was very underprepared for this and got slapped about. Very much opened my eyes to it going forward though.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New LB and RB Evo. One for each.

Alaba fits into the LB one and then Peps Legacy for a slightly downgraded version of the TOTW one. However, Shawberto Carlos also goes into them. Going to delay as long as possible.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Fox. I'll give it another go on Thursday then. The switch to tele cam does seem to have made a huge difference, I find it much easier to dribble more effectively and open up passing options. Principle problems I have are as follows though.

Defending dribblers
    Dealing with the high press. I get that I have a numerical advantage with the keeper and that if I go wider I have more space to work in, but I'm fucked if I can get any of these things to deal with a high pressing shitmuncher.
    Corners. I lose 90% of headers I contest and concede far too many goals as a result. Admittedly I've been too feckless to Google how to deal with this. One for the to do list.

Despite the above I'm storming up the Division Rivals rankings and am now two wins off Division 6 and genuinely enjoying it. As a testament to the latter I've played 114 games since I unlocked Mbappe.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So to make the game interesting again. Ive been grinding my Wolves Evo team over the past several weeks and this is where it is at now. I can get 11 wins in WL with the team at best.

Toggle Spoiler

Sasa has 99 jumping and 99 heading while being 6'7. He wins everything in the air. His body type is very skinny though. He does have lots of playstyles. I have deliberately avoided getting a + playstyle for him, in the hope I can do an evo that gives him power header+ or some type of extra strength. He isn't great to play with at all but I hope to have enough evos to have him end game for extra lol.

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 01-01-2024 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd forgotten Zidane played for Wolves

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evos are the best thing about this game.

In honour of him leaving I am evo'ing Donny through high vis and dribbling sensation.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I'd forgotten Zidane played for Wolves
    He on loan at the moment.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been playing around with tactics abd using inverted full backs are decent. They work very well. However im taking things to another level now. Route One FC. Standard 442. All players besides the wide men will be large brutes. Get it down, get it wide. Send into target man. Watch this...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd often see Zidane smashing in screamers at the golden palace.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a delightful game in rivals while trying to evo Jobe Bellingham. Playing a guy who is dominating me but has only scored once as we head to half time. We finally launch a counter from one of his million corners in first half injury time and the ball lands in the box at the feet of 63 bronze Jobe. He turns and lashes one into the net with his two star weak foot. Guy makes me sit through all the half time cut scenes and gives it the full length pause three times as we resume. He finally kicks off, we win the ball and Mbappe breaks through and lashes one into the net. I take my turn to pause it and he quits immediately.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the best victories. I was 4-1 down in champs to mbappe and eusebio. Getting destroyed. This guy was cutting through me, trying to walk the ball in the net. Taking the piss. I pulled it back to 4-4 in the last minute. 5-5 into extra time and won on penalties. He message me saying 'lucky' he could have scored 10 goals if it wasnt for showboating.
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 01-01-2024 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.fut.gg/players/235883-ry...on/evolutions/

Holy shit, flashbacks to that champ card he had years ago.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    https://www.fut.gg/players/235883-ry...on/evolutions/

Holy shit, flashbacks to that champ card he had years ago.
    Predictably I've got somewhat bored of the FIFA points spam account so I may well do him on the other no FIFA point account I have running.

EDIT: Although I've just realised I have Bompastor's UEFA Hero on that account.

EDIT EDIT: Although I've also just realised I have David Alaba's TOTW on that account too.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 01-01-2024 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 80+ pick is a fodder printer. I have so much fodder in the club but no clue what to do with it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logging into this account I couldn't believe how much fodder I have, what seems like almost every gold 85 rated and over (bar the big ones obvs), although I do recall moaning about what to do with it before deciding to chuck some money at Mbappe on the other account. Lots of choice now, but it makes you realise how bad Winter Wildcards was as a promo as very little of it actually improves this team, which IIRC I spent about two weeks building.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the 'main' account and I've been going through the skills moves trying to pick off the low hanging fruit and I can't believe some of the stuff hidden amongst the hard 4 and 5 star moves. Discovered the change direction by pushing back on the right stick twice and my mind is blown. The level of the guides on this game is generally awful, like I've not even heard of momentum being discussed and it clearly exists, by which I don't mean DDA or anything like that but more that if you're chaining skill moves and passes together quickly I swear blind your players become better, with passes faster and crisper.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ball roll + driven pass is a big combo. Ball rolls generally "reset" player movement and allow for near-perfect control. Ball roll + scoop turn is also tidy.

The change direction by pressing back you mention is a bit easy to read, but can be good to combine with a skill cancel. The version with a long-press on the right-stick in the opposite direction is a better move I think.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two RW evos leaked.

Pellistri and Diallo to the moon

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Patrick/DM one is great for Lisandro. No PlayStyle+ on it means he'll probably be able to get into something else at some point

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im hoping having a player with 8 playstles (none are +) will still allow me to do Evo's with him.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Talisca 86. Him through this new evo looks nuts.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roberto Carlos to go with Ronnie from that store pack.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pull that.

I feel like Maldinin should be an instant complete but I just cant bring myself to start the 89 squad. I have 4 88s and a Benz sitting dupe untradeable too.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two play styles!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sasa has 99 jumping and 99 heading while being 6'7. He wins everything in the air. His body type is very skinny though. He does have lots of playstyles. I have deliberately avoided getting a + playstyle for him, in the hope I can do an evo that gives him power header+ or some type of extra strength. He isn't great to play with at all but I hope to have enough evos to have him end game for extra lol.

Toggle Spoiler
    He causes so much rage. All kinds of messages. "long ball cunt" "stoke fc"

All i do is throw it up to him in a 4141 formation. He either heads it down to one of the CMs who make runs off him or he holds it up and brings others into play. He is surprisingly agile and he has a small burst away from defenders with a finisher. Only thing that lets him down is the shot power and aggression. I should probably use the power shot which he has.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully you can get some pace/agility into him soon.

Another RW evo coming today. If I can triple evo Diallo

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, no triple but I’ll be doing this one on him instead

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished Eusebio this evening. Seems great from when I used his loan card. Next thing I need is a top-tier left back. Maybe will Evo Cancelo or someone up

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does look good through Crossing Crusader and Pep's legacy.

Him, Alaba and Shawberto (my choice)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double evo on Antony looks good too

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, will be taking that Antony card for sure

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icon evo coming apparently. Probably another shit one like the hero upgrade though.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVR MAX 89
    PAC MAX 86
    SHO MIN 78
    PAS MAX 91
    PHY MAX 87
    Gains PS: Tiki Taka & First Touch

Rarity: Icon

+2 OVR
    +3 PAC
    +4 SHO
    +3 PAS
    +3 DRI
    +2 DEF
    +3 PHY

Beckham missing out by one passing ffs.
    Last edited by Danny; 10-01-2024 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real shame couldn't have got Blanc into that

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on WL qualifying, this time on the no FIFA point account and it's another disaster. 0-4 after four games.

First I played yesterday was a close loss, first today was against a guy who was an incredible defender, third was in awful delay and I just go into the fourth and see I'm up against someone with a red PotM Mbappe, at 0-3 form. 2-0 down after 5 minutes and it's my first quit on this account.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gets worse...

Games 5

We're 2-0 up after 20 minutes and comfortable, opponent goes high press (and I suspect gives his controller to a mate) and we lose 10-3. I don't even...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 6

7-2 loss.

0-6