17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they ever fix any of the shit from the beta?

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to get to the year 3000. If only so I can sing that Busted song.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Got to get to the year 3000. If only so I can sing that Busted song.
    You'd break the World Record if you did that.

Current record is 416 seasons.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you not need a killer PC to deal with save games that long due to the accumulation of data?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, on 2nd thoughts maybe not.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet someone [on here] could set up a bot to click continue -> assistant picks team -> instant result and leave it running indefinitely.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I bet someone [on here] could set up a bot to click continue -> assistant picks team -> instant result and leave it running indefinitely.
    You can just holiday through it, no? Assuming you don't get sacked.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You can just holiday through it, no? Assuming you don't get sacked.
    The above world record mentions him only taking 260 holiday days so I assume it’s factored into the achievement.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yeah, I was just thinking in general rather than hitting a record.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all assuming an integrity Guinness simply doesn't have.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Would you not need a killer PC to deal with save games that long due to the accumulation of data?
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Ah yeah, I was just thinking in general rather than hitting a record.
    Youtubers do it all the time.

In one of Lollujo's videos he said that he's up to 2752 but the game is now crashing and his PC is pretty beastly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are wispy remains of a memory in my mind of some tool which would strip out some of the useless data from really long games.

Maybe I made it up. Someone make it

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I’ve started making TTH on FM23.
    What are you doing with potential? Are you giving everyone the 200 or putting us all on the minus potential?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want him to go but I can't say no to that can I?

Biggest transfer in the game thus far is £140m for Pedri to PSG early in my save.

Edit: Rejected
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 19-11-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    What are you doing with potential? Are you giving everyone the 200 or putting us all on the minus potential?
    -10 so it’s lucky dip

77 current ability
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be SEETHING if I'm not the best player by potential.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be different every time he generates the save, so grab the database file off him when he's finished and keep reloading it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up regen Sergo Palencia from Valencia.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another season done and it went better than expected.

We ended up almost making the playoffs in the end, but lost to Peterborough in the penultimate game after being 2 goals up, which all but sealed our fate really. That said, we spent the biggest part of the season at around 10th place, so it would have been undeserved if we made it really. We went back to how we played in my very first season at the club, with a horrendous defence (75 goals, second worst in the league), being propped up by a really good and efficient attack (92 goals, best in the league). It seems like we've hit sort of a temporary ceiling though, what with us having the 3rd lowest wage budget (which shall remain the same next season) and losing money left, right and centre.

Only Mumba, Hall and Kane were new to the club this season and the last two are only really in that 11 just because we just didn't have better options. So in the end Mumba was our only real signing of note this season and even he was a weird one, as he was absolutely horrible for the first 3 months or so, but we were stuck with him since our other right back was injured. The moment said injury was over, Mumba really picked up his game. Up front, none of the 3 players were consistent, but they sort of took turns with the goals, so it worked out in the end. Much like my previous few updates, praise has to go to Mullin just for the fact that he was with us in the Conference and he's still one of the first names on the sheet.

As I said, I am not expecting us to get any better in terms of personnel next season, so I will probably have to work out something defensively. I will probably have to start from set-pieces seeing as we conceded tons from corners and the likes. We are also very susceptible to good old long ball.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That bridge from nailing League 1 to getting promoted to the Prem is such a fuck.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first ten games on FM Touch on my phone have gone well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    That bridge from nailing League 1 to getting promoted to the Prem is such a fuck.
    I don't really mind it all that much to be honest, or else I wouldn't have started a game like that. I just wasn't expecting to basically get no money whatsoever for my second season in the league. With Leicester not wanting to loan Sertdemir back to me for a third consecutive reason (they want him to get different experiences, which I found a decent little feature), it's quite possible that we will end up with a worse team on paper.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worthing 2024/25 Season

Our first season in the Vanarama National League was a bit of a rollercoaster. We had a huge turn over of players ending the season with just one 1st choice player who was with us last season and going through 3 goalkeepers over the course of the year.

Promotion enabled us to attract a higher standard player, but this also threatened a number of our existing players who felt their first team places were under threat. Most notably these players included last seasons unexpected goal machine Akanbi who decided to leave the club despite still being in the team and scoring a couple of goals in the early games.

This high turnover of players and discord in the squad contributed to our now expected terrible start to the season. Unlike the last two seasons however this slow start was not so easily shaken off.

After 19 games and after a great deal of tactical tinkering to try and change our fortunes, in freefall down the table we found ourselves in the relegation zone. We were dominating possession in most of our games and were 3rd in the xG table, so at this point I caved and downloaded a tactic. It's not so different to what I had been doing myself and is a pretty basic 4-4-2. Despite playing this game for over a quarter of a centaury at I still struggle to understand what is and isn't working tactically, maybe we would have turned things around anyway with my own tactics as we were seemingly playing well but the difference once we switched tactics is pretty stark. See if you can spot it.

Ultimately we finished in the playoffs and made it to the 4th rounds of both the FA Trophy and FA Cup

We ended the season losing to Oldham in the Playoff Semi Final, but it was a good first season at this level we ended up topping the xG table and we can go into next season with a good chance of promotion.

Our best signings

Team of the Year

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2030/31 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

I liked Felipe but he never managed to force himself into the team and he was operating at full potential according to my coaches so I sold him. Probably for a little too cheap though, especially as he's been great in Ligue 1.

Signed him for cheap but he's never threatened to break into the team so I cashed in.

I did not want him to go but he asked to leave and said he would leave at the end of his contract in a couple of years so I offered him out. He then asked to be removed from the transfer list as soon as I found an offer for him so I accepted and rejected the offer. The very next day he came back into my office saying I had broken promises so he wanted back on the list.

I was close to selling my number 1 CB when Man City went big but I ended up rejecting it and selling my number 2 CB. The offer was almost double his transfer value and I felt our third and fourth choices were very close to him in terms of ability and they have potential to become better unlike Cian.

Transfers In:

Didn't have any decent youth LB's so I went shopping. Scouts were raving and he was fairly cheap from someone in the division. He's done well when given minutes for the first team and he's been incredible for the U20s.

Another cheapish defender from a team in the division. I think he could be class.

Didn't need a CM but he was transfer listed and I couldn't say no to someone who was happy to be a squad player who is listed by my scouts as a leading Serie A player who could be World Class.

He's a pretty green 21 year old but he's natural as a LB and RB and my scouts do think he'll be a good Serie A player.

A scout pick. He has done well in the U20s so far.

I have been following Joost for a while but never made the move as I didn't think he fit into my team and Arsenal wanted too much. They lowered his price and listed him so I made a deal. He has been incredibly effective up front.

League:

So many dropped points for stupid reasons like the 0-0 with Juve we missed a penalty with the last kick of the game. Against Atalanta they played with 10 men for most of it and we ended up losing because of something exactly like this:

We went into the final day level with Inter but behind Juve. We won as did Inter but Juve (who had the best H2H record) fucked up. I thought we had lost the league as Inter had a better H2H record and GD but apparently it was to go to a playoff. This seems to be what happens in real life but FM mentioned NOTHING on the league rules screen.

It was played at a "neutral" venue which turned out to be AC Milan's San Siro which is a bit iffy. They scored early and were all over us, I don't think we had one attacking highlight. A shame but considering I didn't think we'd have a playoff I can't be too mad.

Cups:

Sent out the reserves in the Supercup match (no idea why it's in January) and we fucked the cup. Oh well.

Europe:

Annoyed not to get the results needed to finish in the top 8. We were beating Monaco 2-0 but they scored in the 88th and 92nd minutes plus we should have gotten more from Man United and Dortmund.

Porto were no match for us, an easy victory.

We lost it in the first leg. We battered PSG but couldn't score and I knew we'd get smacked in France which is what happened.

Squad:

I'm thinking of selling Casadei who is on big wages and I don't feel he's essential to our team anymore. I also feel we need a natural goalscorer as Moukoko who was banging them in last season and the year before has dried up due to quite a few niggly injuries this year. Other than that I'm happy.

Youth Prospects:

We had nothing last year but we got two "Elite talents" this year:

Not too keen on the keeper but the defender looks like he could be our best player through the youth team.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started my traditional save of starting unemployed with no rep and seeing where I end up. The difference between this and the one I did on FM21 is that it's on Full Fat FM instead of Touch, and I'll hopefully be adding some more countries to move into later in the save (though I've started with only England and Scotland playable and a bunch of places on View only).

The first team to offer me a job was Buxton. They were languishing in the relegation zone of the National League North and spending over £1000 a week on one striker. I took the job and I swear the board wanted a mid-table finish but as soon as I got there it was changed to Play Offs. It wouldn't have mattered either way as I was absolutely shite and didn't even get them out of the relegation zone before I resigned. The only significant thing I managed there was signing Josh Hmami on loan from Southport because....

My next job would be at Southport where I would reunite with him. Our wage budget was 7k a week, down from the 11k I had at Buxton (although I never got to do anything with that). They wanted a midtable finish and were predicted to finish 14th. Jordan Archer, brother of Cameron at Villa was a very good striker for this level and the previously mentioned Hmami was a midfielder I really liked despite the coaches not rating him. They also had 2 quality CBs for this level but not a lot else. Annoyingly, despite having Accrington as a parent club, they had already wasted that union on loaning 2 kids for the youth team from them. I bought in a couple of players on loan from Walsall and a defender on loan from Kidderminster who would all play a decent enough role and my most significant signing to that point was Jake Burton on a free transfer after his release from Tranmere. He would bag 16 goals and 5 assists in 36 league games for us but ultimately despite a bright start the season fizzled out into nothing except midtable mediocrity, which the board were thrilled with.

As contracts expired and we had the option to get players from Accrington I was hoping we could push on and do better in season 2. I would secure Joe Starbuck on loan from Wrexham and Bobby-Joe Taylor on loan from division rivals Scunthorpe who would be our starting wide midfielders with both having the option to play RB/LB if needed. The accrington relationship would yield us Emerich Polly who would rotate with Jack Bainbridge who was already here to play in CM alongside Hmami, who was our best playmaker no matter what the coaches said. We also bought in Blaine Rowe after his release from Coventry to be out starting RB and Jaden Forrester to start on the left or up front came in from Rushall Olympic of all places. A new first choice keeper joined in the form of Aidan Dowling released from Blackburn.

We went flying out the gates this season and soon settled in as the 3rd best team in the division, miles behind champions elect Fylde and somewhat behind Spennymore. Then in January came the pivotal moment of our season as 35 year old Scott Sinclair rocked up looking for a job. We had no money to give him, but towards the end of his 4 week trial and after negotiating some pay cuts we were able to offer him a massive £250 a week and a 1 year extension if we got promoted. Shockingly, he took it. He made his debut against top of the table Fylde and scored in a 2-1 loss. Had we won we would have moved to just 4 points behind them with a game in hand, but the loss ended any faint hopes we had of challenging them. His 2nd game he netted twice but we again slipped up and drew 2-2. This began an awful run of form for us that saw us win just 1 in 6 games, and that was the 1 game Scott didn't get on the pitch. Despite his bright start his career wasn't going so well here. With Scott dropped from the team, only featuring occasionally off the bench, we continued to stall and I place the blame on the fact Jordan Archer went on a massive goal draught and was moaning about wanting to move to a bigger team. Having taken 5 points from 6 games after Scott signed, we proceeded to take 9 from the next 5 which was clearly an improvement but we were very lucky and not playing well. A 2-1 win away at in form Banbury where Jordan Archer got back on the score sheet seemed to be a turning point and we then thumped 2nd place Spenny 4-0 and won 1-0 at Hereford with Scotty Sinclair being the super sub hero.... things were looking up but another poor spell saw us fall to 5th for the first time. I was genuinely afraid we might throw it all away and not even make the play offs but with 5 games to go something clicked. We battered Bradford PA 3-0 and then went away to Fylde and won 2-0 despite Jake Burton seeing a straight red 20 minutes in- Sinclair netting in stoppage time to wrap it up. The suspension to Burton combined with an injury to Archer left us with only Forrester and Sinclair to play up front... and Scotty rose to the occasion bagging a hat-trick against Scunthorpe in a 5-0 win and scoring again against Scarborough on the final day (2-0) saw us, somehow, finish 2nd, ahead of Spenny on Goal Difference. The makeshift strike force of Forrester and Sinclair continued to click in the Play Off Semi as both netted and we dispatched Hitchin 2-0 but disaster struck as Forrester went down injured....

This left me with my toughest team selection to date. Forrester could play with injections but I didn't want to do that if I could avoid it. Burton returned from his 3 game ban and was an obvious choice. Archer was also back in contention following injury but a combination of him being a moody cunt and not being fit made me not want to use him. Sinclair was on the form of his life but had started the last 3 games and was 35. We also had a young striker out on loan in Belgium who had been called up for the Belgium Under 20s as a result of his form there- Eden Benteke. Benteke was recalled for the Play Off Final, but to my surprise a 17 year old from Newcastle's academy- Fred Luvovadio arrived and could play. Picking the 2 strikers gave me a headache but in the end I opted for Burton and Luvovadio, giving the kid his professional debut at Wembley. Forrester, with injections was on the bench along with Sinclair as Archer and Benteke missed out. We went 1-0 down after just 2 minutes but Burton levelled it after 6 minutes and then Hmami gave us the lead from the spot. The youn kid Lovovadio could have been a hero when some good skill got him through and he squared it to Burton but Burton missed a sitter. Not to worry as Scott Sinclair came on for him and netted the goal that sealed the win, sealed promotion and sealed the old man another 1 year deal.

I wasn't planning for promotion. I was waiting for the deadwood contracts in the squad to expire (my 5 top earner are 4 players I'm releasing for not being good enough and Archer who doesn't want to stay) and to allow me to rebuild and push for promotion next year. God knows how we'll do next year but one thing is for sure.... even if I end up at Real Madried, I'm taking Josh Hmami with me.
    Last edited by Browning; 22-11-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On last years FM I had a save that lasted 26 seasons (21 at Kaiserslautern and 5 at Sheffield United) and I got through most of that save by simulating/instant resulting matches.

For FM 23 I wanted to try actually playing the games, watching in all the 3d match engine glory that I have never bothered with as never stopped playing with commentary only like it was back in the good old days.

I've found the match engine a bit frustrating though with players randomly running away from the ball to give the opposition a clear run on goal, my strikers constantly blasting it either straight at the keeper or over the bar only for their defender to ping one in from 30yrds for his first ever goal over and over again. Or the favourite of FM 23 my whole backline running in treacle after a long ball over the top allowing their striker to make up 20yrds to run through and score (although to be fair this one seems to happen to both teams). It's also had to tell if these kind of things are just visual or not.

So when I started this 4th season expecting to be challenging for the Vanarama National League title, hopefully getting into the Football League and turning professional 3 straights defeats leaving me bottom of the table (again) left me a bit deflated and I decided to go back to simulating the games.

It's been a bit of a turnaround.

Aside from the ridiculous change of fortunes something else has rather stood out to me. In the 14 games since going back to instant results (the 2-0 win over Fylde I did play the match myself) my 2 main strikers have scored a lot of goals. A lot.

DJ Campton-Sturridge has 20 goals, Jaime Soule has 23. In 14 games.

In the first game Campton-Sturridge scored all 5 goals, in the second he scored 4 and since he also has another hattrick.

Soule has 3 hattricks and 3 4 goal hauls, he scored the 3 hattricks in consecutive games and the 3 4 goal games came in a 4 game stretch where he also got one in the other game.

I've certainly had prolific strikers in past FMs. Last year I had a striker break Kaiserslautern's all time goal scoring record scoring at over a goal a game. I don't recall ever seeing so many hattricks (or 4 and 5 goal games) back to back like this.

It just doesn't seem right.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally grabbed some cheap game pass and so have FM23 available.

I'm planning to do a save in a "smaller" country where one of the goals is to build the league up with me. Do I really need any other leagues loaded than that country? Or should I just go custom database and make sure players are being generated everywhere?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Málaga CF - 2022/23

After many hours trawling the database for save ideas, I eventually stumbled upon Malaga. It hasn't quite worked out for old Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser Al-Thani. Malaga did briefly dine out with the European elite, but just seven years later were slumming it in the second tier of Spanish football and looking far more likely to drop down again than bounce back. Cue me. The squad was the one of the oldest in the division and was ripe for a rebuild with a few young prospects to build on. Unfortunately I was not the man for the job and after just 12 league games, Big Abdullah gave me the chop. Admittedly we were bottom of the table with just the one victory, but this is 2022 and the table does lie, just ask Steve Bruce. According to xG we were down by a whopping ten points. Robbed. With zero enticing offers landing in my inbox, I watched on gleefully as Malaga were relegated to the third tier. Rather worryingly, both the summer & winter flew by with no job interviews. I was damaged goods and only one man was willing to take the risk, Gerard Pique.

F.C. Andorra - 2023/24

The hipsters amongst you will recognise I've opted for the old logo, mainly because the new effort looks like something Elon Musk vomited up. Badge aside, the Andorra story has been one of success. Since the new regime, the club has risen from the Spanish 5th tier all the way to the Segunda. Despite the country having a population of only 77,354 to be exact, the former Barca man is dreaming of Champions League football. Luckily for me the in game Pique is far more realistic and after suffering relegation last season, the goalposts had very much changed. As I take the helm the club sit in 7th place two places from the play-offs with nine games to spare. We would win seven of the ties and finish a comfortable fourth with Badajoz awaiting in the play-offs. In keeping with save we naturally bottled it and bowed out with a dismal 1-0 defeat. Malaga suffered the same fate. Every cloud.

F.C. Andorra - 2024/25

Heading into the new season and the board announced a £2.6m transfer budget. Expectations were low as they declared a mid table finish satisfactory. I of course had other plans, but then again so did my £100kp/w wage budget making building a talented squad capable of challenging the bigger sides virtually impossible. Come the winter break and we sat in 6th spot just one point back from the play-offs, with league leaders Malaga within seven. We were going great guns at home, but struggled on the road away from the mountains and altitude. Then disaster struck. In the space of a week we lost our Captain, Diego Pampin and VC Roger Riera, both of whom formed half of my defensive unit. With too little time and not enough wiggle room in the budgets, I was left cursing the minimum fee release clauses and waved goodbye to any return to Segunda. In fairness to the squad we did rally and finished a respectable 7th. Despite leading for much of the campaign, Malaga slipped to third and crashed out of the play-offs for a successive years. The curse is real.

F.C. Andorra - 2025/26

I'll never be quite sure what happened in the summer, but the FM Gods decided to spice things up and the Primera Federación groups got shaken up. Rather than competing against the talent packed B teams from Seville, Betis, Villarreal & Valencia, we would be lining up against complete unknowns. Despite a slow start, we really fiew down the home straight winning nine of our final ten fixtures. There was no catching Real Sociedad B, but we headed into the play-offs with confidence and got the better of Numancia in the final via a tremendous strike from Valentin Vada just after the hour mark. Lovely.

I decided not to bore you along the way with my wheelings and dealings of complete unknowns, but here is the likely first eleven heading into the second tier.

GK: Garcia Moreno - 19YO newgen picked up from Real Sociedad on a Bosman
    WB: Petxarroman - Spent some time on loan before arriving permanently from the Basque country
    DC: Jorge Moreno - Solid centre half picked up from Rayo for £725k
    BPD: Mingueza - Will sign in the summer on a free from Barca, easily our best bit of business
    WB: Marti Vila - OG
    DLP: Orellana - Club Captain since I arrived, classy playmaker
    BWM: Tomas Belmonte - All action and only £350k from Lanus
    B2B: Knezevic - Serbian international signed for £1.3m
    DLF: Chris Ramos - Another freebie this time from Cadiz
    AF: Campos - 19YO newgen destined for the very top
    DLF: Kuki Zalazar - Pedro type winger with over 100 appearances for the club

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    The hipsters amongst you will recognise I've opted for the old logo, mainly because the new effort looks like something Elon Musk vomited up.

I much prefer that, ngl

It's like if Aldi opened a ski resort.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been drawn in Group B of the AFC Cup (Europa league equivalent) ... thing is I'm playing Champion League this season, and have actually already played 2 group games.

My October now looks like this...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing they ran that beta for 2 weeks huh.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save scum to win both competitions. I assume there's a Super Cup equivalent?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always download the inbuilt save game edit to fix these these types of mistakes.

I just rotated squad registration and played a B team.

Qualified from the AFC cup, and have a final shootout home game against Shanghai.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2031/31 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

His finishing hasn't really improved and he wasn't doing well in his loan spells at second/third division clubs so I cashed in.

He was a great squad option and I probably shouldn't have sold him.

Didn't feel he was good enough and his contract was going to expire soonish so I took the money.

One of my former "Boys", he was so crucial for us in our first two seasons as he was our driving force from midfield. I couldn't believe that I managed to bring him back permanently but he was never able to reproduce the form from his loan days.

Transfers In:

He had a £2.1m release clause and I couldn't say no to the big lad. Loaned back to Legia and he did well there.

I loaned out my second choice keeper so I needed a backup. This guy was only £11.75k and despite only having 3 stars of potential apparently is listed as potentially being a "Leading Serie A player". My board and the fans are seething but whatever.

I was in the market for a BIG TIME ST sadly they either weren't interested or they had £150m+ price tags which we could not afford. As such I brought this guy in who can also play on either wing (I've been mixing in a 4-2-3-1 at times this year). £68m was a bit hefty but he's got bags of potential.

I had this guy on my radar since he was produced at Caen but they always wanted £50m-£80m for him. In January I noticed he was listed by request for only £5.5m so I snapped him up.

A scout find and he was a bargain at only £2.9m.

League:

We had our typical slow start and the board weren't happy with rumours of me being sacked. We sorted our shit as we usually do and thankfully we had enough time to win the league. The 7-0 demolition of Juventus (who were leading the league and looking untouchable at that point) was a real highlight.

Cup:

I didn't realise away goals was a thing here so I was stunned the game finished when I was thinking about changes for ET.

Europe:

When we drew with Sociedad despite being all over them I was worried we might struggle to even finish in the top 24 due to the next 2 games being hard but we were brilliant and looked so good. We ended up finishing 3rd in the table and qualifying straight to the round of 16 for the first time.

Sadly the draw was not favourable to us as and Arsenal got their revenge by battering us.

Squad:

Moukoko was our top scorer again and whilst he was able to capture his magic at times I again felt he picked up too many injuries and he could go missing at times. I think I cash in on him this season and I might even cash in on one of my "Boys" in Arrocha who doesn't seem to be as effective as he once was.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowensprung is a tremendous surname.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isaac Fuente leading the line for Ingerland.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weirdly his only other nationality is Bottom Irish.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello there.

It's been a while since I did a FM save(Maybe Randers in FM19/20?) and I've a month of gamepass and so it's time to give it a go. So why Greece?

Well after looking, there's only ever been one European finalist from Greece. That was Panathinaikos in 1970/71 and they lost to that Ajax team. No Greek team has been to any European final since. I'd like to fix it.

Why AEK?

Well there's a bit of a Bayern situation going in in Greece. Of the last 25 league seasons, Olympiacos have won 21 league titles(2 for Panathinaikos, 1 PAOK and 1 for AEK), including the last 3 in a row.
    AEK were however screwed out of a title in 07/08. They finished in 1st place a point ahead of Olympiacos, however Olympiacos had lost a match earlier in the season 1-0 to Apollon Kalamarias. It turns out Apollon Kalamarias had used an ineligible player in that match. Olympiacos took this to court and it was deemed Apollon Kalamarias were to be docked 1 point and Olympiacos would be given 3 points and therefore the title.
    It was that bad that Panathinaikos took the matter to the Court of arbitration for Sport. They asked the Greek FA if they supported this claim and they said no, so the case was refused and the title was handed over.

After this, AEK fell away from the title picture and then eventually financial problems caught up to them. They were relegated in 2013, but as an agreement to settle their debts, took a voluntary relegation to the 3rd tier.
    This seems to have been a great decision as they were able to gain back-to-back promotions and return to the first division, they were then able to win the league for the first time in 24 years, three seasons later.

The clearing of the debts also allowed the club to work on another situation that had plagued them. Their home. They used to play at Nikos Goumas Stadium however it was damaged in 1999 by an earthquake. It was deemed that the entire site needed demolishing and to start again. They moved into the Athens Olympic Stadium in 2004 and demolished the old ground, but were hit with multiple cases of obstruction and many legal delays which stuck them in limbo.

In 2013 the club picked back up the plans to move into the site of their previous stadium but were again hit with legal challenges, which this time, they eventually overcame and planning permission was finally granted in 2017 to build the 32,000 seater Agia Sophia Stadium. However at the time of the start of the game the stadium is still not ready. Local councils took an age to give the club decisions on roadwork changes around the stadium. It was supposed to be good to go for the 22/23 season, but some more delays have meant that it will not be ready until October. So the club will play a few games at Georgios Kamaras Stadium to start the season off.

Success on the pitch faded a little after the title win, with AEK last year finishing 5th. The club isn't exactly flush, there's 'only' £6m in the bank and the wage budget is £340k p/w. However the club is debt free and the stadium has been paid for without burdening the club too. This where I step in.

There's a few objectives I'd like to reach with the save:

- Actually stay interested for longer than a week
    - Make AEK the biggest team in Greece
    - £100m in the bank
    - Max out facilities
    - Win a European title
    - Make AEK the biggest club in the world
    - Get the Greek Super League as high in the rankings as possible

But mostly I just hope it keeps my interest for a bit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know of any good kitpacks?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Anyone know of any good kitpacks?
    These are a bit out of date but a decent pack of you just wanna plug and play. (Warning: it’s a torrent)

Personally I’d go through every link on FM Slovakia and download all the ones you want.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milan have started ominously.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot of 1-0 wins.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    That's a lot of 1-0 wins.
    38 of them and they're sorted.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly get interface and visual like this one where I'm playing QPR but only one of their players is actually playing for QPR

Also if I have a player sent off the screen notification tells me Rene Henriksen has the red card, every time. No idea

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had Paolo Maldini see a few red cards, from a similar bug.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paolo Maldini for me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I started with FM23 on release with a quick Fulham save - just to get the ball rolling, plus it'd been a few years since I'd dabbled managing Fulham. I don't know if I got extremely lucky or I just developed a pretty good tactic for the players I had, but we ended up flying in my first season to finish 4th and earn a Champions League spot. Getting to the top table so quickly just wasn't particularly fun - I've always preferred the "rags to riches" style save in various formats, so I've shelved the Fulham save and decided to embark on a Journeyman for the first time in 6 FM iterations.

Of course I've gone all out, including every playable league from every playable nation. I've got about 240k players in the save, which is almost twice the recommended limit, but I'll start removing leagues as we rise in stature. I wanted to include everything to give myself an opportunity to manage in places I've never been before.

Within about 4 weeks of starting unemployed and applying for every available vacancy, I was getting job offers from all around the globe - Sweden, Northern Ireland, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Wales and Indonesia were all possible destinations. I decided on...

Toggle Spoiler