Page 89 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 6970

Thread: The All New, All Shit, Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    Years ago I would’ve said I was far too selfish to have a child (and I was likely right). So you’re either experiencing that (and eventually you’ll meet someone you want to have a child with and see the benefits of giving up that free time) or, you won’t. Which is probably better for the world (due to overpopulation, rather than removing your genes from the pool).

I was too selfish then and I still am now. I could have done the whole marriage and baby scenario but im too much of a coward. Ive been part of two abortions in my life. I just can't get do it. My life is all about me, I don't want to give up my freedoms.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats SVN, and it's great to know that the future of TTH's internet security and db patch maintenance is going to be carried on through your hereditary line

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all.

It's still not feeling that real, but I do have an overwhelming sense of dread that something is going to go wrong.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel bad for following SvN's news (congrats!) with my usual rubbish, but here we are.

I think tinder has broken me a bit, I've been on roughly 10 first dates in the last few years from the stupid app, some i've not wanted to see again, some they've not wanted to see me again (a couple mutually), and the handful that have had second dates have basically gone nowhere.

About a week ago I arranged to meet a girl off there, and it's tomorrow. She's far fitter than the standard of girl I'd usually get anywhere near, and when I cautiously asked if we were still doing anything tomorrow she was like YEAH SURE WHY NOT!

Probably not a good sign that my immediate response was a kind of minor dread, like the sense that I have to go cus I'd regret it if I didn't, yet with zero confidence it'll go any further than a decent chat and maybe a peck on the cheek if I'm lucky.

I know this is as much an Igor issue as a tinder issue, and that my pessimism and low self-esteem is a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy in this kind of situation but...bleh. I suppose she might bail last minute anyway, lolz.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut up, you handsome and funny man. Go charm the pants off her.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tinder would without a doubt break me.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor is handsome? I was definitely born too early.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get your dick wet.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    It's carried me and Baz this far.
    Ahem.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ans SvN - don't ever tell your lady about that dream. Ever.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three tinder dates in as many days, starting tonight.

20 yo from Rugby tonight. Not sure if we have much in common, but it's nice not having to get the train. Bonus points for her coming into my place of work and seeing me in reality and still wanting to meet. Also she's at uni but back for a week or two so I think there's a chance she'll be up for a shag. I'm not sure there would be much point in her coming if she had something more serious in mind.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did last week's go?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    How did last week's go?
    Last week's was rainchecked and is now date #2 this week. Tbh the fact that I cancelled fairly last minute and she was still keen has given me extra confidence. Have I accidentally negged her? I'll be red-pilling everyone on TTH in 6 months.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any waffles?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good god, she was stunning. So far out of my league it was unreal. Her tinder profile was quite...new agey? Her bio mentioned stargazing and hiking and all her instagram photos were of her in Thailand and Japan and shit, so (and I'm a bit embarrassed for it now) I was quite taken aback when she greeted me in properly thick black country accent. Worried she might be a bit of a trustafarian nob.

She was really interesting. It's really hard to explain this without sounding like a properly patronising cunt, and it's probably just indicative of my own prejudices, but she had the kind of QUIRKY AND WELL RANDOM interests and hobbies (that @Lewis thinks I have) I'd find properly cringe-worthy and embarrassing in a middle class guardianista wanker like me, but because she's not like that it felt more genuine and unpretentious. She delayed conversation for about 5 minutes to find the photo of the mouse she'd taxidermied on her phone.

We had decent chat but I didn't sense much chemistry. It's a shit mindset to get into but I don't think I ever really relaxed properly cus I was too in awe at how fit she was. Still, I'll chance my arm at suggesting a 2nd date tomorrow cus why the fuck not.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You going red in the face during that five minutes racking your brain for the most RANDOM name to suggest for it, only to blurt out 'Ratman-fu...' and faint.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If her stuffing a rat to keep as a house ornament wasn't a red flag for you then fuck it g'wan then lad

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    You going red in the face during that five minutes racking your brain for the most RANDOM name to suggest for it, only to blurt out 'Ratman-fu...' and faint.
    nah but it was the perfect opportunity to do my twenty minute observational comedy bit about how you never see mousemats anymore

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    If her stuffing a rat to keep as a house ornament wasn't a red flag for you then fuck it g'wan then lad
    if we wanna get properly cynical and pop psychology about it, it probably would have been a red flag had she not looked like the kind of girl who would have bullied me when i was 14

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's average, I promise.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it doesn't work out, at least post her insta.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is taxidermy mice a 'thing' now? There's a place here in Brighton that does it, as in, heavily advertises it and has stuffed mice on every table. I can't tell if its a restaurant/cafe as well or not.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Is taxidermy mice a 'thing' now? There's a place here in Brighton that does it, as in, heavily advertises it and has stuffed mice on every table. I can't tell if its a restaurant/cafe as well or not.
    I feel like it's probably a bit of a thing, but only in places like Brighton. I've definitely noticed a lot of semi-ironic appropriation of the esoteric interests of freaks by hip cityfolk, and Brighton must be the epicentre of that kind of thing. With the caveat that I love the place, obviously. You live there full time?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuffing mice and making little tableaus with them was what qualified Steve Carrell's character for the idiot table in Dinner for Schmucks.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one tonight was a nice return the kind of girls i usually end up with. Shy, slim, short, bit posh, arty. She suggested we go to a pub quiz and picked a simpsons related team name. We did pretty well for a team of 2 (got about half the answers right) and we both contributed roughly half of them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the team name?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moe Quizlak.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such quizzes as <list of quizzes he can't fit on the page>

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing Dr. Nick Triviera used before but it doesn't really work.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had an early private scan today and found out the wife isn't 8 weeks along - she's actually 15 weeks.

It means we've got to fork out privately for the downs test, which is annoying.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely you knew before you married her?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You oink-oinked at her, didn't you?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    I feel like it's probably a bit of a thing, but only in places like Brighton. I've definitely noticed a lot of semi-ironic appropriation of the esoteric interests of freaks by hip cityfolk, and Brighton must be the epicentre of that kind of thing. With the caveat that I love the place, obviously. You live there full time?
    Ye, full time. You do get a lot of it in Brighton as there are many people (often students or 'students') that want to be weird, but then there are the genuine nutjobs that make this a great place to be. The acceptance of the latter means you get the former, but I don't actually notice too many 'ZANY' people about.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have another date tomorrow. Im not optmasitc about this one. My married friend played cupid and match us together

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    Ye, full time. You do get a lot of it in Brighton as there are many people (often students or 'students') that want to be weird, but then there are the genuine nutjobs that make this a great place to be. The acceptance of the latter means you get the former, but I don't actually notice too many 'ZANY' people about.
    What are you up to Saturday April 20th?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must be very tiring, trying to be weird. I put a walnut in my vagina and hold my breath for an hour! Just watch TV and molest the snooze button on your alarm like the rest of us.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    What was the team name?
    Well obviously I said we needed a name that's witty at first, but that seems less funny each time you hear it, and she lolled and said she had been thinking of Be Sharps too, but we ended up picking something else that I can't remember. It wasn't simpsons related.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you remember. Lies make the baby Jesus cry.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rumbled

fine, I remember, but I'm not telling you all because it was LAME

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It must have been really shit if you're pulling the old 'can't remember'.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially considering the stuff I'VE been willing to divulge with you freaks.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're such an attention-seeker.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine, a question in round 1 was about star signs so the girl asked me mine. I told her I was Sagittarius, and she want "aha, I'm Capricorn, winter babies!"

I have no idea what was going on in my head, but I was nervous and 3 pints down and just said "ah, winter babies, that can be our name!", and unilaterally wrote it on the sheet. She didn't object but didn't seem delighted, and I don't blame her.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you lied? Cunt.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told Igor he was embarassing himself in this thread and I come back in here to see he's followed it up with that.

I was about to coat Boydy off for having a go but you've let yourself down here.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me? I goaded him into posting that. I knew exactly what I was doing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor's utter shite here has reminded me that it's time I told you an actual story about my shite. This isn't actually about relationships as such, but it seems the thread for it. Don't worry, rating PG.

So about a year ago, this (lesbian/bisexual) girl at work basically outed me in the middle of the office. I'd been there about three weeks, barely had a meaningful conversation with anyone there and certainly not with her. I guess it's possible I'd said I was single if someone asked, but nothing had been discussed beyond that and I'm not exactly the only single 30 year old man in the world. Anyway, completely out of the blue when she's in one of those 'silly' moods that women get into, she says in a provocative manner 'We're not exactly each other's type, are we?'

Cautiously I say I guess not, and then she asks me if I'm 'in or out'. With this she has effortlessly fucked my brain into little shreds, and I'm standing there at the printer or whatever knowing that everyone in the office is probably listening to this, eager for blood. So I try and stonewall it, because, you know, it's fucking terrifying. TERRIFYING. I just say 'hard to say' or some shit. Eventually she goes away and I go home and I think how the hell does she know? I'm probably the most reserved person in the world, and yet without even talking to me properly this girl knows straight off. Nobody else in 30 years has ever guessed (or at least I haven't heard that they have). In fact, this event was the trigger for me starting to actually address it, but anyway. She had another dip at it a few weeks later, but again I stonewalled and she didn't try again, so I thought she'd got the message that it's private and I don't want to talk about it, especially not in an office full of people.

Anyway, fast forward a year to now and I've started to address it and told one or two very carefully selected people in the way I've wanted to (and TTH on a whim, curse me), and also done some counselling sessions on it which helped big time, but the girl's not mentioned it again, so at work I'm just a man who does work, which is my intention. Friday afternoon comes around again, the workload drops and the silly moods kick in again. This customer rings up who me and my (male) colleague think sounds a bit dopey. He talks like a high pitched nodding dog. My male colleague - who wasn't there at the time of the initial outing attempt - says to me 'You think he's...?' and makes this signal with his hand which I take to mean a bender. I say 'Nah, he's just an idiot.' At this point the girl latches straight on and says across the office 'Haha, your gaydar not picking anything up?'

Again I change the subject and try to demonstrate that this is not legitimate territory. Shortly afterwards the 60 year old woman who is the girl's boss calls 'Are you single?' across the office and I think ffs, here we go. 'Yes,' I say. She drops it, thankfully, but the next thing I know someone else is telling me (in abstract terms) that Tinder is great, as if they've never met me.

What have I done to deserve this? Am I not allowed to be withdrawn on my terms?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd thought you were for at least a couple of years based off your posting. These things are probably more obvious than you imagine.

She sounds like a cunt though and it sounds like you'd have a decent case for sexual harassment.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's your voice. Do you still dress like somebody who owns his own computer shop?