User Tag List

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 3495

Thread: FIFA 18 - sponsored by capitalising the thread title

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lack of defenders in the Bundesliga with high defensive work rates is bad. I probably need to move on from the league. Ive gone back to 4231 from the 442(2) I used for a month. It just feels a little more solid.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small piece of advice for this, you should probably sell before 6pm BST.

TOTS hits tonight, probably with the fan voted "most consistent" team up first. Assuming there's 1 or 2 good cards in there, the market will dip. Especially will this weeks informs.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...eased_tonight/

Hope that’s not it. No Dembele or BEAST MODE

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If true, I'm all over CDM Bender.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...ts_megathread/

Couple of free players through objs

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    If true, I'm all over CDM Bender.
    Got him for 101k 89 rated. He feels Ok. Nothing special. I sold 88 martinez today for 181k so im up somewhat on the deal.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 88 birthday martinez is now 60k as he has a team of the year. Damm.

So many team of the years on the market. Its bonkers

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair that's quality of them. The actual content in each FIFA gets better and better. Just a shame the gameplay isnt always there.

Callejon was a free reward last year too. If he's anything the same, that 2* WF is very limiting, but is a usable right winger. This time last year I'd got my POTM Son which helped me to win all these DKT reward players.

I'd advise all to complete as many as they can. Even if you don't plan on using them, they are high rated cards that are free. They are worth their weight in gold in some of these SBCs.

That Lopez reward looks a good super sub too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame he's 200k.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've managed to up the difficulty to Legendary now. Gets me 2,500 points with a good win. I could actually challenge Elite 1 if I had that pace all week. On 38,000 points now and on average, another 10,000 would see you into Elite 2 so I may play 5 or 6 games more to make sure of the finish and then stop.

I did trade my last swap player in for the premium gold pack and ended up packing 85 Salah. The only problem is because so many packs are being opened his price is constantly moving down. So he's come down 5k in the last 2 hours alone.

I'm sat on a nice 70k now. If Salah gets near his current worth that'll be nearer 90k. I'm not quite sure what to do next. The problem with a multi-league hybrid is it doesn't leave much room to swap and change.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Dack & Powell in the same pack. First time I've ever got lucky. Shame they dont't sell for that much.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm knocking in 2,600 to 2,800 points a game on Legendary now. Haven't played enough games this week and won't be able to next week either I don't think (plus I want that Akinfenwa), but I'm pretty confident I've got a top 100 finish in me before time is called on FIFA 18.

On the TotS players, does the pack they're in work on the base card? So can I pull a TotS player from a bronze pack if their base card is a bronze?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I added 89 TOTY bender to my team I'm getting slaughtered. Not by a few goals either. I'm conceding 3+ goals a game now. Won two of the last eight squad battle games on legendary. I'm looking for an excuse and someone to blame. Either
    a) there is a reward for winning four games on world class or better so they have made things more difficult
    b) my overall squad rating with bender has now increased from 86 to 87. AI are aware of this and have increase the difficult based on my new squad rating
    C) all of the above
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 28-04-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on Xbox Sincere, but a) is definitely not the case on that platform.

EDIT: But having said that, who knows what shenanigans EA pull on a user by user basis.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found it easier for whatever reason since moving up to legendary. The only thing that causes me difficulty is David De Gea. He's a bastard for denying me points.

54,000 points now. Which is decently into Elite 1. I'm already pretty much guaranteed Elite 2 already. It's usually 76,000 points or so for Elite 1. I could in theory do it with 10 more matches or so.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people say that Legendary is easier than WC. I am smashing a few games on WC to complete the Akinfenwa and the other TOTS Challenge in 1 and have still found it a breeze.

That EFL TOTS looks like it has some fun potential. That Joe Bryan card standing out as worth a look.

Might build this for shits and giggles

https://www.futbin.com//18/squad/4952885

Edwards would be instasubbed and I would need to do the Champ SBC to do it though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed if Legendary AI isn't winning with about 70 mins on the clock, they'll go almost all out attack. You can pick them apart on the break easily.

I've unlocked and used that Lopez. 6 goals after coming on at half time. I've not used much more than what I have in the team now(same team I posted before) but he feels like the best card I've used so far. Very quick off the mark and a reliable finish on him.

I'm very interested in that Diego Jota card from the EFL TOTS. The Bryan card would link nicely to Sessegnon too. I massively regret not doing his SBC now. It was doable for 35k and now costs 90k.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sold Nainggolan off as I don't really need him for squad battles. I'm up to 135k and making the push for Elite 1. Assuming I make it, I'll get 40k coins and 2 Mega packs. If I can make 20k from the packs I'll be up to around 200k whilst still having the SB team.

It's just a question of where I want to spend it now. Though I would like to make a run at that Callejon card this week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I've sold Nainggolan off as I don't really need him for squad battles. I'm up to 135k and making the push for Elite 1. Assuming I make it, I'll get 40k coins and 2 Mega packs. If I can make 20k from the packs I'll be up to around 200k whilst still having the SB team.

It's just a question of where I want to spend it now. Though I would like to make a run at that Callejon card this week.
    Do you find Squad Battles more fun to play than online seasons / weekend league?

I am really enjoying this game at the moment. My team is as below, I have 70,000 coins in the bank and my current plan is to save up for De Bruyne (91) and Doucoure (87) to replace Matic / Fernandinho.

https://www.futhead.com/18/squads/3266608/

I always swap Rashford for Aubameyang at half time and despite only getting 45 minutes a game he is averaging over a goal a game. I was very surprised at just how good he is, I have always found him fairly easy to defend against.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normal service resumed. Gameplay feels completely different from yesterday. I made some changes to my tactics. I now play pressure on 60 (previously 25) and aggression on 50 (previously 30). I never could win the ball back from the AI in there defensive third so I was better off playing really deep and trying to steal the ball around my box. After making the changes, I can regain possession in my attacking third better now and the gap between my defensive line and defensive midfielders has now decreased.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    On the TotS players, does the pack they're in work on the base card? So can I pull a TotS player from a bronze pack if their base card is a bronze?
    Anyone?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the tots card rating still a bronze rating?
    64 rating or less? If yes then you should be able to. Better of cofirming from @TheAgent

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    Do you find Squad Battles more fun to play than online seasons / weekend league?

I am really enjoying this game at the moment. My team is as below, I have 70,000 coins in the bank and my current plan is to save up for De Bruyne (91) and Doucoure (87) to replace Matic / Fernandinho.

https://www.futhead.com/18/squads/3266608/

I always swap Rashford for Aubameyang at half time and despite only getting 45 minutes a game he is averaging over a goal a game. I was very surprised at just how good he is, I have always found him fairly easy to defend against.
    It's more of a grind to me. I know I don't need to make my team any better to make Elite 1. I've just hit 80,000 points, having played 20 of those games on World Class rather than Legendary and still have 6 games to spare. That's guaranteed Elite 1 in every week I've checked, way back to October.

It's guaranteed coins, that I know I can get each week now. I'd love to smash the WL like I did last year(I often played all 40 games) but I have 3 young kids, so the ability to pause the game is an absolute godsend. Essentially this has become my week league, rather than weekends.

Normal service resumed. Gameplay feels completely different from yesterday. I made some changes to my tactics. I now play pressure on 60 (previously 25) and aggression on 50 (previously 30). I never could win the ball back from the AI in there defensive third so I was better off playing really deep and trying to steal the ball around my box. After making the changes, I can regain possession in my attacking third better now and the gap between my defensive line and defensive midfielders has now decreased.

Toggle Spoiler
    That's about how I do, however I can't stop myself conceding the token goal.

Anyone?
    You can, but only if their standard version is Silver. As you occasionally get a silver item in Bronze packs as the rare item, you could then technically get a gold TOTS card from a Bronze pack. It'll be rare though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the tots cards are still rated 64 or under, but Nepenthez reckons you can pull Akinfenwa (79) from a bronze pack, for example and if you can pull him you should be able to pull the rest.

I'm not sure he's right though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can, but only if their standard version is Silver. As you occasionally get a silver item in Bronze packs as the rare item, you could then technically get a gold TOTS card from a Bronze pack. It'll be rare though.
    So as soon as a player has their rating changed the pack they're in falls into that rating bracket?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the rating that seems to determine it, more the type of card it is. Special cards do not count as any other type, not gold/silver/bronze, not even rare. So as an example when you are assigned a pack. Let's say Bronze for arguments sake. You get assigned the current version of the base cards according to the server.

So Akinfenwa would normally be Bronze. If you then open a bronze pack and get assigned him whilst he has a TOTS item out, you'll get that regarding of what it got rated.

Example:

Last edited by Gray Fox; 29-04-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's about how I do, however I can't stop myself conceding the token goal.

I make elite 2 easy even if i miss days. Ive reached elite one about 10 times but i have to play ALL games throughout the week.

Would like to see them add monthly's for squad battles next year.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get them in both types of pack. Burge will be available in both gold and bronze packs.

If he was silver he would be pullable in silver and gold

I make elite 2 easy even if i miss days. Ive reached elite one about 10 times but i have to play ALL games throughout the week.

Would like to see them add monthly's for squad battles next year.
    Same, obviously scaled back from what you get in FUT Champs but I think it would keep people in the mode longer.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fox, you've totally lost me. In response to asking if you can pull TotS players from a bronze pack you said "You can, but only if their standard version is Silver", but then show me a screenshot with a TotS player (whose base card is bronze) being pulled from a bronze pack.

And I don't mean to be/come across as an arse, I just want to understand this.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in short yes you can. You can pull a TOTS player from a bronze, silver or gold pack. A bronze player that has a TOTS card is available in a bronze pack.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Malcom from the SBC TOY community thingy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You can get them in both types of pack. Burge will be available in both gold and bronze packs.

If he was silver he would be pullable in silver and gold
    So it does work on the base card (plus they get chucked into gold packs)? I ask because a number of the EFL TotS players have base bronzes, so it seems worth spamming those packs.

And if the base cards are non-rare bronzes, could I in theory pull multiple TotS players from a 400 coin bronze pack?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes on the first bit. Not sure on the second but I think that might be the case.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought Sheehan for 19.5k yesterday, SBC drops and is he is up to 27k. I should have spent all my coins on discard players.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Got Malcom from the SBC TOY community thingy.
    Who did you put into it?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like if you've got that Lopez it's about 10k a go.

Untradeable reward, but I reckon you could re-roll for the cost of 10 gold cards each time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like if you've got that Lopez it's about 10k a go.

Untradeable reward, but I reckon you could re-roll for the cost of 10 gold cards each time.
    Yeah, I think I'll do that. There's a number of decent players in that community TotS.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think I'll do that. There's a number of decent players in that community TotS.
    I thought it would be too easy. You can't repeat it. One shot only.

Still worth it if you have no plans to use Lopez.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you put into it?
    Nick Powell.

Got Bradley Dack left if there's a new challenge. Don't fancy risking him in the EFL challenge wher I'm most likely bound to get a worse player.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't touch the EFL one with a bargepole.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try and grab cheap 85+ rated tots players and hold for the ultimate tots sbc that may be released. Will require very high ratings.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to start working on Gullit's SBC and I just pulled TOTS Cairney from the Netherlands SBC.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in essence, you trade Lopez for one of these:

As far as I can see the only bad pull out of that is Fernando. The rest are either quality cards or ridiculously high rated.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 29-04-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a website anywhere that shows quick sell values by player?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a website anywhere that shows quick sell values by player?
    https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-18-qu...rices-discard/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats not right though, TOTS discards are higher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...iscard_prices/

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As are Man of the Match cards, or at least I think they are.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming we're all doing the Community SBC, who did you get?

I'd love Andy Robertson.