105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't sadly.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it will work the other way around. POTM items are almost always a +2 on the previous version of a card.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    January POTM will be between him and Rashford as well, so he could get his first bump soon if they count too.
    Pogba isn't a nominee.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    Pogba isn't a nominee.
    They've done the nominees already?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've done the nominees already?
    Yeah and the voting has closed.

The nominees were Tom Heaton, Josh King, Lacazette, Ward-Prowse, Lindelof and Rashford.

Rashford is surely going to win although I think Lindelof deserves it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what rock have I been under?!

Between King and Rashford. Unfortunately you saw just how good Van Dijk had to be to win it and even then I'd argue he shouldn't have(Salah getting fuck all recognition at TOTY has annoyed me).

Rashford will walk it. I'm interested if he's an 88. I've his TOTW item as a red and it's always been OP when coming off the bench. Has he been playing striker?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he's been our first choice striker since Ole came in.

We even played a match with him up top and Lukaku on the wing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally won my first Division Rivals game tonight, which was nice.

Did one of the MM's SBC's and managed to cobble together enough for another Jumbo Premium Gold pack, which unfortunately was crap. Then did a Player Pick Upgrade and packed Fekir, which I was pretty pleased with.

Have a few decent Ligue 1 players now, but biggest problem bar none is the striker situation. Those I have, without exception, are all absolute garbage. I tried Doumbia in a game tonight on decent chem and it was genuinely laughable how bad he was.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awoudja and Al Fehaid in a single bronze pack.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    84 Brandt was my best choice in a fairly poor player pick. Nothing else in the reward packs for the Weekend League. I then took the untradeable rewards for Rivals, giving me 2 rare player packs and 2 mega packs. From these I pulled Keylor Navas, Nainggolan, IF De Jong and a few 83s. Navas helped as I was then able to complete the Carvajal Headliner SBC for nothing at all, so he's going straight into my squad, replacing the red 86 I had before.

I still need one more Rivals win for Demirbay so hopefully will get that done before 6pm when I get home. Last night was a real struggle as I got to 7 wins, and wanted to get the last before bed. I then lost either 4 or 5 in a row, matching up against a couple of very very good players, and fluffing my lines against more equal opponents. A 1-0 loss to someone who only managed 2 shots all game was particularly galling. I sacked it off when I lost connection to someone when 4-3 up - I was actually suspicious they had somehow managed to quit without getting a loss as I remained connected to the internet and the UT servers.

All this means I dropped from around 1430 in Div 5, to approximately 1240.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucked up and redeemed weekend league accidentally. I’m in Dublin from 8am tomorrow and at a gig tonight, so I’ll likely have trouble qualifying next week. Annoyingly, I was on 1400 qualification points before the reward, it’s so shit you can’t just bank them, or at least up to 4000, and spend your 2000 on qualification out of that pot.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post

Have they patched the position change madness yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    They still haven't changed the fucking position change problem. Its still broken.
    This is still an issue. I dont want to play it if this is still a fault. Ive played a total of 31 games over the past 27 days. I feel stupid waiting for a fix, that just isnt coming. Its been months now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its about time i compile a list of features that i want to see in the next FIFA. Its mostly simple things, that we still dont have

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God that’s tempting

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're not getting his headliner I would do it 100%.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, I bet I see that in about 25 games over the Weekend League.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FUTBIN reckons that's about 460k to do.

100k, 50k 45k and 35k pack back too which is great value. I'd say do it before 6pm if definitely going to do it. Always the chance you pack a headliner.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would definitely improve my pack only team.....

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another candidate for a winter upgrade as well.

Now they're really tempting me to sell CR7. He and Torres both look great(I really wish there was a loan Torres).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does look insane, and at that price, would be worth it. But he really doesn't fit into my squad, and Griezmann is just too fun to take out, so I think I'll pass.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was a winger I'd do it for sure. But I've got Stoichkov on top so pass.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay the price has risen nearly 100k since I last posted. I'm guessing it then involves a fair few TOTW items.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay the price has risen nearly 100k since I last posted. I'm guessing it then involves a fair few TOTW items.
    7 total.

500k according to Futbin but you can have his headliners for a little cheaper (although it has risen) and it can go higher.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but that card isn't worth doing for 500k.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    500k is a bit high. I always find Rashford in game to be pretty overpowered for his stats though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but that card isn't worth doing for 500k.
    You can pay a bit more and get his headliner.

One IF and it's the exact same as the POTM card. A second IF/special card and he's better.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime Nedved is out. Requires an Icon and not a lot else to be fair. FUTBIN has it below 800k. He has 5* WF and great Stamina and workrates, so could be very good CAM. Not bad, but not quite an endgame card unfortunately.

They also remembered scream cards exist. There has been a stat shift and they have announced they will shift twice more. 15th March and 12th April. With the April update, 2 of the stats will set to 99 and then stay there for the rest of the game.

There's a pretty nice looking kit in the weekly objectives but not much else going on.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My players are playing like shit today.

Their reactions are horseshit, they're making bullshit runs unless I'm tapping the button like mad, getting all bounces against me, losing the ball constantly etc etc.

1-2 but the second loss was a joke.

I'll end it there and hope Saturday is normal.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew it was going to be a shitter when one on one, Raul decides to take the heaviest of touches (as if I had hit the right stick to push it forward) just as he's about to enter the box which allows his keeper to casually scoop it up.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bullshit runs I’d a feature of this game, they’re absolutely shocking.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the ones where your player points to signal he wants the pass, then stops running as you power it up? Maddening.

Anyone doing that Torres? Wouldn't mind knowing his worth before I think about it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm not the only one fucked by that.

They've also been running at defenders today rather than towards space so all my through balls are getting cut out.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIFA is recognizing I dont play much.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forward runs are just awful, in every way.

There will be times when your players will just stop when it's clear they should be hammering on to exploit space in behind and other times when they Forrest Gump the fuck out of it (generally when your ball carrying player is in the final third) so that they're either ahead of the defender in front of them and marked out of the game as a result, or just flat out offside.

I'm sure if you're a better player than I am there are things you can do to slow play to mitigate this so you might not even notice (ball rolls, drag backs etc.) but if the attacking positioning stat means anything then you really shouldn't have to. For me, TOTY Mbappe (with his 99 attack positioning) moves no better than the absolute garbage in my pack only account - my best striker being Demba Ba for fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's especially annoying for me as I'm horrible at doing any sort of hold up play.

I want to attack at a fast pace but the shit forward runs really hamper my game. I've never been one for too much side passing or ball rolls and shit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as you get just past the centre circle in your opponents half, unless it's a counter attack, take your finger off sprint. You can react much quicker and you can actually hold the ball up. Your players tend not to make those weird heavy touches either.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fridays edition of bullshit goals comes with this beauty:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/69030535

That cost my opponent the game and moves me to 5-0.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streaming some pack only stuff.

https://mixer.com/SupplyArtist393

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 games up for Raul now.

199 goals and 116 assists. He's mad.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I found him surprisingly good.

How many players is one likely to get in a mega pack? Just battered 2 shit teams on legendary in Squad Battles to take me to the cusp of Elite 3, which is 1 Mega Pack, 2 Premium Gold Players Packs and 12,000 coins.

To finish there now would be very easy, but I could push for Elite 2, which would be 2 Mega Packs, 1 Premium Gold Players Pack and 15,000 coins, but thinking about it, for the purposes of a pack only account to get players in the club, Elite 3 might actually be better.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogba with two goals.

Give him an IF please EA.

His headliners on PS4 has gone up by about 300k.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 items, 26 gold, 18 rare. Doesn't say exactly how many players though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7-1 now. Stopping to watch Liverpool probably lose, but I'm finding the 4-2-3-1 a lot less reliable. It is probably a personnel issue, but I'm finding 4-1-2-1-2 works a bit better so far.

The loss was irritating. The guy was a very good defender but brought Zlatan on late in his RW spot. He managed to get matched up to Marcelo at the back post twice for the 2-1 loss.

Playing okay, but my left side definitely needs improvement. All of my better opponents are going down this side over and over.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After pulling Aguero last night I have no dea what to do with my team. Currently using this:

Toggle Spoiler

If I want to get IF Aguero in I would have to drop Ibra, but then I also want to try POTM or Headliner Rashford (I could do the former without selling Aguero but would 100% have to sell for the latter). To get Rashford into the team I would have to change to a formation without wingers. This means I need to find a central premier league player who can play out right for Mahrez.

Aguero feels like a waste at RCAM in the 4-2-3-1. Ibra feels like a waste if I dont use him.

Other options include:

Son
    Arnautovic
    Live Messi Lingard

I dont even play this damn game so not sure why I give a shit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekly Objectives take on a new level of usefulness in a pack only game, so for those this week:

Swap Deals Player - Score using Brazilian Players in 4 separate rivals wins - It's possible I might be able to do this one, as I have Oscar and Anderson Talisca in one of my two teams, but realistically it would probably take about 15 games, so not going to happen.

Swap Deals Player II - Win 8 online matches this week - I'd suggest no chance

Northern Lights
    - Win a match using a squad featuring a player from each Nordic country - I like the kit and it's easy to do, but I don't have an Icelandic players. I'm sat on 14k coins and I'm going to spam the shit out of bronze packs when my tradepile clears so I might pack one doing that, but there are only 14 in the database.

Hunter - Score using an Ultimate Scream player in 3 separate matches - I don't have any, so that's a no here.

Shadow - Score 5 goals from crosses in squad battles - Should get this by just playing, which is nice.

Silver - Win 5 Online Single Matches using silvers - My silvers are shit, so I've not much chance of doing this. However, the reward of a Prime Gold Players Pack for this one is awesome, so I may well try. One option is to recycle all my stored bronzes into silvers, but I don't really want to do that yet as they're a way into Marquee Matchup SBC's.

The Madrid Derby - Win 4 Squad Battles matches using a squad with specified requirements - Would like to do this, but don't have the players currently.

Bronze - Win 4 squad Battles matches using only Bronze players - Just done this. Was easier than I thought it'd be against 188 teams and the like on semi-pro and was quite fun too. Had a couple of Bundesliga 3 Germans from the same club up front and they tore it up.

Overall not a bad few to aim for, but no player reward is a shame.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Danny do the loan version of Rashford? Might help you decide before you spend the capital on him. I'd personally rather have him than Aguero. Rashford is tall, strong enough and had good stamina. With Aguero you're getting better finishing and composure, but you're losing that pace in behind. I haven't used him myself so can't tell you if he's worth dropping Mahrez for. I still use Mahrez myself if that's any indication.

@Yevrah you could get help from us on Swap Deals Player 2. I don't mind chucking you a few wins, but then that may defy the point of what you're doing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Fox. It's tempting, but it's a slippery slope. I think I need to stay firm and try and play through without manipulation.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I get it. Let me know if you change your mind.

Anyone know when Winter Upgrades will be due?

I'm also hoping for something big tonight, although I'm not sure what we're due. Shevchenko is gone in 20 mins so we may get another to replace him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went 7-3 before heading off to the gig and then Dublin. Get home at 11ish tomorrow, off on Monday so will pull an all nighter to reach at Gold 3, preferably Gold 2. I’ve been tracking performance on a spreadsheet as I’m a total saddo, and there’s some odd inconsistency over the past 4 weekend leagues. I’ve gone from an even spread in the two weekends pre-patch, in terms of G&A but Cavani as the major threat amongst my front 4, to last weekend relying heavily on Suarez at CAM and koke at CM, to this weekend having no goals from Suarez and the midfield with Mbappe/Griezmann and Cavani all on a goal a game or so. But the biggest thing of note is Marcelo vs Lala. The former gets a couple of goals and assists a weekend, not much as normally my full backs are used to ‘assist the assister’, but it’s in stark contrast to Lala who no direct goal contributions at all. I think that’s indicative of their indirect contribution too, Marcelo just offers so much more, so I’d like to upgrade Lala to another true attacking weapon at some stage.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogba is now 400k above the price I paid for him.

Cheers for the suggestion the other day Danny.