User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Traitors - Sponsored by your mum

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think adding the immunity shields to the tasks might be new, but the tasks do just seem like filler to me.

The wolves need to start accusing each other publicly a little more.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not arsed about the tasks though the idea of putting shields available at expense of the task is interesting given some of the absolute melts who beeline for them, pissing everyone else off.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Kyra especially is a fucking hideous creature. I wouldn't want to upset Kiko and suggest there's some sort of cultural/generational trauma explanation that goes towards creating such people but she really doesn't help break down racial caricatures.

Keep the thread updated if Charlotte nudes are made available though

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Diane is a right gilf/guilty pleasure. No idea if it’s the accent or the coldness of her persona.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched episode 1 of this (series 2 that is) the other day having not seen any series 1. Was this an American TV show first because the pacing of it feels that way. 80% explaining what's happening later and reiterating what just happened and about 20% of actual stuff but not sure if that's just because it's the first episode of a new series. I'll give it at least another couple and see how I get on.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it was a UK original, and has been exported since. Isn't it just boring werewolf for retards where you already know everything?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The American one was unwatchable because my fellow Carnoustie High representative in Alan Cummings was fucking dreadful. At least you can sort of ignore the tango lady

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch series 1, it starts superbly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was a UK original, and has been exported since. Isn't it just boring werewolf for retards where you already know everything?
    Yeah I actually wondered if they were gonna have bits where they told you to look away so you could avoid knowing who the wolves are if you want but clearly the show, as the title might suggest I guess, is really about them.

If episode 2 sees it going the way TTH Werewolf does where you get insta-gibbed if you make the mistake of trying to actually play the game then we'll see what happens.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mechanics of the show are really good, it's just ruined by producers who make it far too accessible. The stupid should not be welcomed into the televisual fold.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stupid rule, the same way they are complaining about the new series of Jeopardy! Having actually hard questions.

Tonight's episode ramped up somewhat.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode 3 was top class. The Dianne/Ross banter and Zack's reaction at Brian's meltdown

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, Eps 1 & 2 were a bit of a snooze, but this one was a banger. Brian’s meltdown was the most TTH Werewolf thing I’ve seen on it to date.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is where the tasks actually worked this time, when he was unanimously voted a sheep by the rest of the group in the task his brain broke.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to date now, what the hell happened to Brian? Agreed with Merse, genuinely reminiscent of TTH Werewolf.

I thought the Army wolf was a retard at the start, but I think he's playing it well so far. He could go far.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone thinking you are a retard can help, even more so if you are one. Last season the thickest player won because everyone knew they weren't a threat.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of them ending last night's episode on a cliffhanger for a thing we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    That is where the tasks actually worked this time, when he was unanimously voted a sheep by the rest of the group in the task his brain broke.
    It really did, as evidenced by him saying I think 430 times that he wasn't taking it personally.

"Oh yeah? Well would a sheep do THIS?"
    * has nervous break down on prime time TV *

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ash voluntarily going into the dungeon yesterday was probably the most retarded tactical move I've seen on the show so far.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other half has started watching Series 1.

It’s only on repeat viewing of the first couple of eps that I’ve appreciated how much less of an annoying bunch this are (fantastically free of fucking magicians and influencers) and also how much better this bunch (mainly the wolves) are at the game, presumably simply by dint of having watched series 1 themselves.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a good bunch, not one detestable figure left (Jasmine being the closest). Paul is too hot to last the course but the other boys are doing decent.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been subjected to a few nights of this I feel it would be better if you didn't know who the wolves were. Obviously it's all editing, and they have stupid things like that chalice business, but it would be more interesting if it wasn't just getting annoyed at jump cut mongs.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Yeah, it's a good bunch, not one detestable figure left (Jasmine being the closest). Paul is too hot to last the course but the other boys are doing decent.
    Fucking staggered he survived that prisoner stunt. Deserved to go for the arrogance.

Harry’s stepped the fuck up, mind. Right cunning lil’ rascal - definitely not the idiot I assumed he’d be.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been subjected to a few nights of this I feel it would be better if you didn't know who the wolves were. Obviously it's all editing, and they have stupid things like that chalice business, but it would be more interesting if it wasn't just getting annoyed at jump cut mongs.
    Very much so, but I guess it would just be too much for those viewers with no idea of the concept of social deduction games. I’m guessing they did a hell of a lot of proof of concept prior to series 1 at least.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this season seems much better than the first one already. Feels like there's a lot less (still plenty, mind) names being randomly chucked about because nobody has the faintest clue.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How good is Charlotte btw. Thick as shit as well so probably makes it to the end.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This task is epic.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, fantastic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they've invited the guy whose mum they just killed for a laugh.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode but harsh on Miles to play out the poisoning like that.

Just when you think Harry is doing bits, he goes and convinces Paul to recruit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recruiting anyone is daft when they get in the chamber and realise these two have stitched the last two traitors up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting a traitor banished and then recruiting another is just so dumb. At best it's 8 vs 3 or potentially 9 vs 2 if they reject, which seems quite possible. Banish and murder a faithful and it's guaranteed 7 vs 3.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These lot are thick too, they keep crying about how the traitors are offing all the strong faithfuls but never question how their defacto leader and Traitor hunter extrordinaire Paul emerges each morning unscathed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Paul regularly escaping scrutiny other than one or two people at a time because he's mates with everyone is impressively dim.

There's literally not a compelling reason you'd keep him alive if he was a goodie and get nobody's prepared to discuss that or even ask the question properly.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should have been clear as day after they were forced to kill Meg. She was next in line to get voted out but the traitors have decided to kill her over Paul? Alright.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The few that have clocked on don’t appear to be strong enough personalities to really turn the tide against Paul.

I am not sure I’ll be able to handle it if Ross is recruited today and then starts banging on about what a great game Paul is playing because he didn’t suspect him at all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally Ross is recruited but doesn't mention Diane was his mum and starts trying to fuck the other two over, could be quite fun.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaz seems to be the only one capable of critical thinking.

Harry running off to Paul and telling him about the private conversation he had with Jaz should be enough to incriminate them both. He just needs to start stirring the shit and pounce before the traitors knife him.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Jaz seemed sharp until he threw the rose in the bird's coffin who was the correct answer to the question they got wrong (by selecting Diane) and then voting Andrew at the roundtable

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be giving Jaz too much credit but it seems like he knows who is who but doesn't want them thinking he's on to them so is playing dumb until there's a point other people might be pointing the finger as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they usually do the recruiting thing? Feels like it could be made more fun, like the originals not knowing whether the new one has accepted or not [assuming you can refuse and not die].

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they did recruit last series.

I think playing as a lone traitor is probably the best if you are in Harry's position where they all think you're legit. Just play the game as a headless chicken like the rest of them.

Literally every traitor killed in this game was caught because the traitors turned on them, without that I doubt they'd have one.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry's let the power and acclaim get to his head. It's seeing things like that that make this such a great show.

I'd agree with Lofty, you're getting very little help from traitors until maybe the real final rounds so just chance it and go it alone, especially if you have the charm of a Harry. The Frankenstein, not so much.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, they can just keep recruiting forever? I know they have to fill the schedule but is there any point in this game from the town's perspective?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably the traitors dont want to split the money too many ways which is why they keep offing each other.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, they can just keep recruiting forever? I know they have to fill the schedule but is there any point in this game from the town's perspective?
    You always have the option of recruiting when there's two traitors left I think.

It does feel like it's pretty hard for the faithful to win at this stage though yeah.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone described this programme to me as a 1 hour show where you get 15 minutes of something interesting, but the other 45 is filler/dross.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Paul is out, the smug cunt.

I'm sure they're goaded into it to some extent by the production crew but I just fucking hate when normos get on TV, do something moderately competent and think they're hot shit.

"Well, I've outwitted some actual idiots twice now which has really made me realise I'm humanity's greatest hero, all my dreams will come true, history will remember my deeds and I'm never gonna die."

Fuck off you ginger twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Someone described this programme to me as a 1 hour show where you get 15 minutes of something interesting, but the other 45 is filler/dross.
    They sound incredibly insightful and handsome.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry's speedily taken over from Paul in that regard, he's gone from 90s boy band scamp to king stink but he's surrounded himself with traitors who listen to him boast of offing both traitors and their mothers. Hoist with his own petard before the last episode, surely.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Harry has become nearly as smug as Paul. And seems to think Andrew is totally oblivious to what he's likely to be up to.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All set up for the meat head to win with ease after they only recruited him to be the fall guy lol.

Harry has been good but him admitting he happily killed off 3 other Traitors was a bit dumb