Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 2418

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunge View Post
    I'd love to see a modern version of Football Manager Live. I loved it for the brief period it existed. Conceptually, it was ahead of its time – even if a lot of the mechanics were quite clunky.
    Yup, one of those things that probably happened a bit too early. Surprised that they haven't gone back into it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    European Journeyman Game - 2036/37 - Man Utd - Season Update

4th full season at Man Utd, coming off the back of our first league title last season.

The League

After a pretty close finish last season we won the league this year at an absolute canter.

League Cup

Our form wasn't that great as the year turned and Man City dumped us out at the semi-final stage.

FA Cup

No mistake in the FA Cup though and my first English double with it.

Champions League

We sailed through the group again, but another 2 goal defeat in the first leg of the last 16 had me thinking that was it. I needn't have worried as we absolutely destroyed Man City back at Old Trafford. That was followed up with a ruining of West Ham and then a ridiculously close game against Spurs, with Bosko being the hero. As in 2035 we were nailed on for an all English final (this time against Chelsea), but once again Dortmund pulled a surprise and we'd face the German side for the second time in the final. Would we get our revenge?

Toggle Spoiler

Other

We'd started the season by winning the Charity Shield and ended it by heading to the World Club Cup in Australia. If memory serves we'd qualified for that through reaching the 2035 CL final, even though we lost it. Given the end to the season I was reasonably confident we'd win it, but some rookie squad management from me saw us absolutely muff it. Basically we had fuck all rest between our 2nd group game and the quarter-final against Barca, which I didn't realise would happen. We were knackered, they weren't and a 3-0 loss ensued.

The board have also finally agreed to do this:

Which I think will take our capacity to over 90,000.

The four trophies led to a colossal 639 Hall of Fame points, which saw me sail past Brian Clough.

Graham Potter is ripping it up at Madrid and is only 62, so will no doubt be the best English manager of all time before I catch him. The lols.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palamós CF 2040/41 Season Update:

Transfers In:

Just the one, I paid £23m for him. He needs to be re-trained as an AML, I think he's ok but the negatives will probably stop him from reaching his potential so I doubt he's going to amount to much for us.

Transfers Out:

We signed Zonas for just £4.3m and I hoped he would play a key role for us. Sadly he was only ever a decent backup.

Signed for £1.3m. His first season he was a backup, then he went out on loan to Cyprus and then he came back and was a starter for us for many years. I had a younger LB who is now better so I cashed in.

I had high hopes for Bastos and he was one of my biggest signings for a while at £40m from Man City. Sadly he could never force his way into a starting role and never really developed close to his potential. He was moaning a lot to start this year so fuck him.

League:

We SMASHED Real Madrid's record of most points in a season which was 102. Had no idea we were on for breaking the record until the final two games. Also, Barca and Real were lucky to scrape top 4. They were fighting for 6th and 7th for most of the season, they're horeshit now.

Cups:

Surprisingly this was only our second Copa Del Rey win as I usually don't take it seriously. Massive props to my keeper who stepped up and took the first penalty in the shootout (he's actually our best penalty taker...) and then saved a penalty to win it for us.

Europe:

Nothing major here, drew our two hardest but it was an easy league phase.

Round of 16:

Real Betis were never going to be able to stop us, I was a little annoyed we only won the first leg 2-1 but absolutely demolished them in the second.

Quarter-Final:

After the first leg I was nervous we were out. Taking a 1 goal lead to Manchester was risky but we managed to see it out, unfortunately my main striker Soucase got injured (and his backup had gotten injured in training just before too).

Semi-Final:

Don't blink, this really is Norwich who are pretty damn good in my save. They've never won the Premiership but they have finished second and third whilst winning the FA Cup twice, the Conference League twice and the Carabao Cup twice.

Never in doubt this though, we were too good for them as they played far too negatively especially in the second leg. Mehdi Lofti the Iranian beast who was my third choice striker came up big here.

THE FINAL:

We had to wait to see who it would be as we played our semi-final second leg first. The other was contested between PSG (our nemesis) and Newcastle.

Newcastle won the first leg 1-0 and the second leg 3-2. They had been to a CL final before where they lost to Man City in 2025.

In my save they have won the Premiership once as well as one Conference League win. A little light for a team with so much money to start the game.

The first half only had 1 highlight which was ours which left me feeling nervy. In the second half we grabbed a quick goal through Soucase who was back but near the end they were growing into the game and had a few chances. I made four changes in the 80th minute (I left it late because I always do in big games) and in the 88th minute I made my final change.

I was a little hesitant to do it because he's absolutely fucking shit now but I had to do it. On came Alfred Sors, a man who was in our very first youth intake when we were down in the sixth tier of Spanish football.

He deserved minutes in our biggest ever game and he laid off the ball perfectly to Dorde Nikolic, a long time starting CDM who had become a backup this year, who smashed the ball in. A true club legend getting a special moment in our biggest ever game, it doesn't get better than that.

Squad:

It's a great squad now which doesn't need many changes. I will probably look to sell Medina the £185m RB because he's really injury prone even though he doesn't have that trait.

I will do one more year to take me to 20 seasons. It will also allow us the chance to defend the Champions League and the opportunity to win the Club World Cup which thankfully is this season.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Haaland is still the starting striker for City at 38 and I just noticed he's not considered a club legend, despite being there for 16 seasons (top scorer for the club every season) and having scored 542 goals in total. Bizarre.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    33 goals a season is bang average, clearly.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal 2037/38 Season

I slowly but steadily went through another season at Arsenal. Having won 4 Premier League and 2 Champions League titles in a row meant that there was not much left for me to achieve here, but I still went for it, while waiting for any interesting positions to become available in Spain or Italy. Given how good the team has been, there wasn't much need for change, so we only signed three players, all of which were quite expensive:

Direct replacement for Fresneda who's getting older and hasn't quite impressed at right back for us. We paid 121 million for him, which I think is quite pricey for what he brings to the table but any better players at this position would have cost upwards of 200m and he is quite young so I ended up biting the bullet. His insane mental attributes also didn't go unnoticed.

The most important signing of the season. There was one major flaw in the squad and that was the lack of a real alternative to Hernandez. Obviously I wasn't quite looking to replace Hernandez (I am not crazy), but if he was to ever pick a serious injury we would have struggled, so when this guy became available (for 116m, which is a steal for a striker of that calibre) I immediately went for him. Him already having 6 Premier League seasons under his belt was also an important factor in this decision.

Not the best piece of business I've ever done. Our backup left winger won't sign a new contract and will be joining Barcelona in the summer, so we'd eventually need a replacement. This guy became available for 72m and I went for him, but on hindsight we could have just waited and looked for someone better. He's done ok in his brief time here mind you, it's just that the transfer fee was probably a bit too high.

With the transfers sorted, we were set for a new league campaign. Having gone undefeated last season with records in most categories, there wasn't much room for improvement. And while our point tally was lower this time around, I'd say we were probably better. We lost one game, to Newcastle, which put an end to an incredible 66-game undefeated run.

Our dominance in the league is perfectly summed up by the Team of the Year:

I'd even argue that Samson should have been in it instead of Diallo. That's how good we were. And we also showed that in the FA Cup which we finally won (5th time's the charm, eh?), going past Chelsea, United and Tottenham. The same can't be said for the League Cup, which we didn't win for the first time in 5 years as we were knocked out in the semis by Newcastle. We also failed to retain the Club World Cup, not making it past Leipzig who knocked us out in the quarters, but at least we did win the Community Shield and Uefa Super Cup, so that's a 2-1 in pointless trophies. As for Europe:

Yup, that's now 3 in a row. We were undoubtedly lucky in our draws, but we were also a massive force and just demolished the teams put in front of us. Apart from Dortmund, who almost stole the final from us, but we grabbed two goals in the last 5 minutes of the game to claim the title for ourselves.

A very familiar picture by now. All the players that have been impressing in my years here were at it again. Hernandez didn't beat his record from last season (62 goals), but his performances this season were actually more impressive, seeing as we also had Samson scoring 32 goals (so 89 between the pair of them, which is bonkers). Praise must also go to our backup right winger Lanza who filled Bejinaru's boots when the latter picked a couple injuries in the business end of the season. As has been the case for seasons now, right back was our only weak spot and it's something I just seem unable to fix. Oh well.

Sadly, no interesting jobs came up throughout the season, but with Newcastle and Leipzig sacking their managers and the World Cup taking place, hopefully there's some movement in the summer. At this point I think there's realistically only four jobs I'd go for, Real, Barcelona, Milan and Juventus.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 22-05-2023 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just about to play my first match (against Aston Villa who are one of the best teams in my save...) of the Club World Cup and I spot that both of my first team keepers are away on international duty. So in comes this guy for his debut:

I feel he compares ok to my number 1:

We're in trouble.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    We've drawn HJK in the 2032/33 Champions League qualifiers, which seems like a winnable tie, and if we do get through it'll be Rosenborg next, so I feel like there's a decent chance we're playing European group stage football at a higher level than the Conference League this year.

--

I'll do a proper Euro 2032 Latvia update with the main end of year one, but we drew England, Belgium & Denmark, so I'm pretty sure you can figure out how that went for us.
    NFL draft season is over & I've been watching Loki Doki's FM22 journeyman over the last few days so I've slowly got reeled back in to wanting to play FM & I figured I should at least finish this season, so just a quick update on how it ended:

Ventspils

We managed to qualify for the Europa League group stages this year, having reached the final round of CL qualifiers before falling to Partizan, and we've put ourselves in position to make it through to the knockout playoffs having won three & lost three of our games so far. The down side is that it helped create a big old fixture pile up & half of our players have been dead on their feet for the last couple of months, which in turn led to us dropping just enough points for RFS to pip us to the Virsliga title - we had a shot to retain it as we played them in our penultimate game of the season, but we couldn't get the win we needed to jump them in the table. We did at least win retain the Latvian Cup, beating Riga on penalties.

Latvia

To the surprise of nobody, we went to Euro 2032 & took our kickings from a brutal group, but it was still good to get there & we also gave a decent account of ourselves in the Nations League, where we finished second behind the Republic of Ireland.

--

I'm going to shelve this one now as I want to do another journeyman game, so I'll have an update on the new save shortly.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I wanted to do a proper, global journeyman game so I decided to make a little backstory for my manager that will help steer the save & give me a few rules & goals to work with, so meet Emir Berrada:

Biography:
    - Born in Casablanca, Morocco
    - Family moved to England when he was a child & settled in the Moroccan community of Kensington & Chelsea, which unsurprisingly, led to him growing up a Chelsea fan
    - Talented footballer as a kid who managed to secure a place in the Chelsea academy system, but suffered a series of knee injuries in his early teens that forced him to give up on his dreams of being a pro
    - Quickly turned his focus to coaching instead, travelling the world learning the fundamentals & building connections before he quickly started working through his coaching badges & at the age of 25 he already has his continental A licence & nice list of references from across the globe

I tried to set his playing experience as Sunday league but I was getting laughed off of every job I looked at so had to go back & try again with higher experience. The rules are going to make it pretty much irrelevant anyway.

The Goals:

- Win the Moroccan Botola Pro 1 league with one of his home town teams (Raja Casablanca or Wydad Casablanca)
    - Win the Champions League with Chelsea & reach legend status

The Rules:
    - Emir must manage at least three teams in each of Africa, Asia/Oceania & North/South America before he can move to a European team
    - Emir must manage at least five European teams before he can join Chelsea

--

I loaded a bunch of leagues from around the world & holidayed it to this week then started applying for jobs, and after whittling the offers down we've managed to secure our first job:

Toggle Spoiler

Bit of a ropey intro, but you get the drift & it will probably never come up again anyway The real challenge is whether I'll make it far enough in to even get to Europe, let alone to Chelsea. I might end up tweaking those rules a bit down the line but it should still be a fun save.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some say Emir had a higher PA than Endrick back in the day.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Endrick would have been about five so Emir would have crushed him on the FM14 database if he’d got there in one piece

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASEC Mimosas 2023/24 Season Review

They somehow finished 4th last season, and when I looked at the squad I discovered that basically the entire team is out of contract next summer & want more than I can offer to sign a new deal, so hopefully I'll be able to stroll in & get them back on top before also fucking off as I'm also only on a one year deal!
    Yep, that's pretty much what happened.

We smoked the league & went undefeated all the way up until winning the league, then swiftly choked the invincible season shortly after We also threw the clean sweep of all the domestic trophies by losing in the semi finals of the Coupe de la LPF to a mid-table team in the 91st minute, but we were very clearly miles better than everyone else. We broke basically every competition & club record possible as well - various consecutive wins & unbeaten records, most points etc.

We also had a decent run in the CAF Confederations Cup before we got drawn against an Egyptian team, who prompted dumped us out, although we did almost manage to salvage it after losing 4-0 away, beating them 4-1 in the second leg to at least go out in style.

--

We've resigned as manager sitting fourth in the Ivorian national hall of fame already, and have started throwing out applications for clubs in various bigger African leagues, as well as testing the waters in South America & Asia. The plan is to try to jump to a bigger league, keep increasing Emir's reputation & wait for the chance to get an opportunity to return home to Casablanca, before looking to move to somewhere like Australia to start the next leg of the journey.

I've already got one or two interviews sorted, so I should be able to update you with Emir's new team shortly.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It turns out that quite a lot of African powerhouses wanted Emir, with offers from clubs in Tunisia, Algeria & Morocco - we did also apply for the Zamalek job, which would've been the one if we'd got it, but Egypt looks to be a step too far still. It took a while to filter through all the offers, but club number two has been agreed.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we did also apply for the Zamalek job, which would've been the one if we'd got it, but Egypt looks to be a step too far still.
    Better that way anyway, what with the 3-club rule you've gone for. Had you gotten Zamalek, you'd mostly likely have to go to a lesser club next if you were to stick to the rule.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think the Casablanca clubs fit in nicely as a final step in Africa, assuming they ever come up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal 2038/39 Season

At this point in the save and with all the investments I've done to young and academy players at Arsenal, I think I'll just stick it out here, win as many trophies as I can and when, say, Klopp retires at Real (shouldn't be that much longer), I'll just go for that. With that in mind and with a squad that's won 3 Champions League titles in a row, I didn't really think we needed many first team players so I stuck to signing youngsters, but even then, not many of them as we have a lot of players under development. To that end, we signed the following three players:

A player who was very much a case of "we have the money, so we might as well". He's not good enough to play for us yet (although I gave him 4 games throughout the season), but comes with tons of potential and is a home-grown player. Definitely a risk for the 80m we paid for him, but at this point, we might as well take the gamble, especially seeing as right back has been the most problematic position for us. I will be looking to loan him out from next season onwards.

This guy was a 2-star player when we signed him for just 15m in the summer, but spent a very full season on loan at Monaco, with 6 goals and 11 assists in 45 games, which helped him massively improve, to the point where he'll feature quite regularly for us from next season (albeit on the left wing rather than the right).

The only marquee signing of the season, Eyer joined us in January for 79m. We don't have many players able to fill the ball-winning midfielder role and while Trbuhovic has improved a lot, when he gets injured or banned we don't have that many alternatives, so I was on the hunt for a suitable player and that's where Eyer comes in. It gives me a bit of a headache when I have to select between the pair of them, but that's definitely a good headache to have.

With the transfer window slammed shut™, we went on about our business. We started with two easy wins in the Community Shield and the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea and United respectively, before proceeding to our league campaign. Unlike the last few seasons, our league form was a bit all over the place, and we actually finished the first round of fixtures just two points ahead of Tottenham, but with them having a game in hand. At that point we had 2 draws and 4 losses in 19 games, meaning that we'd already dropped more points than we did in each of the previous 4 full seasons. The one glimmer of hope was that we had played every single team in the top 8 away from home, so there was a real possibility of turning things around in the second round. And turn things around we did as we went on to win 17 of the remaining 19 games (with 2 inexplicable 0-0 draws against Watford and Wolves), leading to our 6th consecutive Premier League title:

In the end we ended up with 7 fewer points compared to last season, even though we scored and conceded the same amount of goals. Much like last season, we also failed to win the League Cup, this time around falling at the very first hurdle as a very weakened side wasn't good enough to beat Portsmouth (although on paper they should have been). We made up for that with a second consecutive FA Cup win, where we had a very favourable draw, with the only big opponent being Chelsea in the final, that we beat 2-0.

I don't think I've ever won 4 Champions Leagues in a row, at least not in the more modern versions of the game. We didn't have the hardest of draws, but we did have to go through Bayern (probably the second best team in the game) and last season's finalists Dortmund. The tie against Dortmund was a nail-biting affair, as we took the lead three times at their place but they ended up winning 4-3 with two injury time goals. We battered them at home, but only managed to score once. They won a penalty out of nowhere in the closing minutes, but Marinelli saved it (he's been very good at that throughout my stint here), to send the game to extra time. But that was not before Eyer was sent off in injury time for a two-footed tackle. Nevertheless we continued dominating the game, with a very early goal in extra time, but again it wasn't enough as they grabbed a fluke goal sending the game to penalties. Marinelli showed them who's boss as he saved two of their first 3 penalties while we scored four in a row to send us into our 5th consecutive final where we'd face a very unfamiliar team in Rennes. They eliminated Liverpool, Juventus, United and Barcelona to get there, in a very surprising run. The final wasn't much of a contest, as we were the only team on the pitch, our only opposition being our inability to actually hit the target.

Hernandez only scored 45 goals. Horrible player. Joking aside, he and Samson had more equal playing time this season and both of them also had to feature a fair bit from the right wing due to injuries so their numbers weren't as impressive. They still bagged a total of 82 goals between them, making us the only team with such a formidable strikeforce. The three behind the striker also posted some incredible numbers, as did Alentejo further back in the midfield. The surprise of the season was Gilberto, the first player in ages to give us consistency at right back.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ben Guerdane 2024/25 Season Review

The squad might need some work as there are a few areas where they're old and/or not very good, but with £2m to spend I think we should be fine to put together a side that can finish on the right side of mid-table next season.
    Emir worked his magic again this season, overhauling the side & ensuring they finished well above mid-table, running with ES Tunis & Club Africain at the top of the table in a season that went right down the the dying moments...

Toggle Spoiler

We brought Karamoko Sankara over with us from ASEC, moving him from his left wing role to play up front for us, and he immediately became one of our better players alongside LW Fakhreddine Ouji, club favourite AMC Mohamed Nasr Hamed & RW Kevin Tabet. We also got a strong half season from January signing Mohamed Wael Derbali, who should prove to be a key player next season.

I think we'll be doing one more season here before looking to move on - I've been keeping an eye on the Casablanca clubs but they finished first & third this season so I don't think those jobs will be coming up imminently.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Queenslander has come home on loan:

Toggle Spoiler

Sold him for £38.5k halfway through the first season. Now worth £57-69M. Nice bit of business, Mark, you goon.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defiantly some shenanigans going on here, they've loaned you a player worth over £50m with no monthly fee or wage contribution?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parent club I'd assume.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. I only went for him cos Wycombe did.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a manager of a small rep team in a big league with good players (Super Crewe Alex), I've started using the 'asking price glitch' to stop big teams poaching my players. It makes life so much easier, but I do feel a little bit dirty.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has to be a record for a proper game in England.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    As a manager of a small rep team in a big league with good players (Super Crewe Alex), I've started using the 'asking price glitch' to stop big teams poaching my players. It makes life so much easier, but I do feel a little bit dirty.
    What’s the glitch?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set the asking price to something well below their market price, you keep rejecting the offers which will never exceed too much more than that value.

Ensures your board don't swoop in when the offer hits a value they like.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sort of wish I hadn't read that.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Set the asking price to something well below their market price, you keep rejecting the offers which will never exceed too much more than that value.

Ensures your board don't swoop in when the offer hits a value they like.
    This but add in when you reject an offer for a player, say £60m, the player bitches so you say you will agree to sell any bids of £65m (or whatever they also agree). Then just set their asking price to £10m and the AI just constantly bids £10m and the player doesn't get upset.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I’d known this earlier.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    This but add in when you reject an offer for a player, say £60m, the player bitches so you say you will agree to sell any bids of £65m (or whatever they also agree). Then just set their asking price to £10m and the AI just constantly bids £10m and the player doesn't get upset.
    Didn't know about that.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to SI, they're only had 15 odd years to fix it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still better than the right click cheat from a few years back where you could make a club pay whatever you wanted and instead of fixing it their response was "just dont do it."

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Director of Football keeps, for some reason, keeps suggesting players named Pilenga.

The first guy was great, so I signed him, however, the next two weren't anywhere good enough. Guy has problems.

Unfortunately, no of them are related to each other.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your DoF also Italian and named Pilenga? Would be some epic coding if that were the case.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Is your DoF also Italian and named Pilenga? Would be some epic coding if that were the case.
    It was the first thing I checked definitely something an Italian would do - get the whole family onboard. Alas, it's Neil Bath, who is certainly not Italian.
    Last edited by John Arne; 10-06-2023 at 03:32 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sometimes wondered if I could field an XI of the same surname.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an excellent bug.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For fuck's sake

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add new manager ---> Manage PSG.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palamós CF & Spain 2041/42 "The Final" Season Update:

It is time to say goodbye, I've done 20 seasons with Palamós and I've achieved everything I set out to. It is hard to say goodbye to them as I've really enjoyed this save and I was even unsure if I should end it here. I want a Journeyman game before I say goodbye to FM23 though so the journey in Spain is over.

Transfers In:

Bayan Ramadan (no other nationalities...) was bought for £42.5m from Wolves and he is listed as the next Michael Owen. He actually played in quite a few games for us this year with almost all of his appearances being off the bench and he did ok.

Davide Antonini was bought for £43.5m from Inter. He got a lot more starts than Ramadan but featured in less games, he wasn't amazing but he didn't embarrass himself or the club. Dubbed the next Demetrio Albertini.

Auguste Ekwala was bought for £37m from Lyon and I think he's the most interesting purchase this season. He is a natural striker who was accomplished at AMC where I trained him all season to bump him up. I think he's fairly poor as a striker but he looks like he would have been absolutely mustard at AMC. Played in quite a few games and did pretty well. Already two games and a goal for the France national team too which is nice.

I was chasing Ramón Redondo a lot last year and the prick kept extending his contract with "Atleti" who kept increasing his minimum release clause by £0.5-£1m. It was originally £30m but I ended up spending £34.5m before he finally agreed to join us. He went on loan to Sporting Gijón for the season in La Liga 2 and he scored a decent amount of goals.

I think I have been chasing Andy Merle since he was 15 or 16 but Auxerre kept pricing him too highly. This season the value dipped to £69m (nice) and I decided to scoop him up. He played a lot for us, mostly from the bench, and he did really well. Think he'd have been a Worldie if I kept playing.

Charlie Gamblin is not someone I needed but I thought I might as well take him for just £15m from Sunderland. Barely played but he was ok when called upon.

Transfers Out:

Cleocir was bought for £14m in 2035/36 and he got decent game time for the first two seasons for us, mainly from the bench. He then spent 4 years out on loan and did well but he never developed like I thought he would. He was kicking up a fuss and I needed money so he was sold for £44m.

Manu Prieto was bought for £5m from Almeria. I then loaned him to Ligue 2 Clermont Foot where he played well and developed. I then used him a lot but he was never a nailed on starter, he was always our 3rd or 4th choice CDM. He was moaning a bit and I didn't think he'd sign a new contract so he went to Villa for £90m.

League:

Our best GD, our best points total, second best goals scored total and our second best defensive record. Despite all that it was quite a while until we mathematically won the title as Sevilla came to play this season. Their 92 points ties Real Madrid (in our first La Liga winning season where we won it on H2H) as most points scored in a season by a chasing team.

Cups:

Bit shit to lose the Supercopa but I always send out the second team with that. Nice to win the Copa Del Rey too as it's only our third win as the reserves usually play in it.

Europe:

Tottenham won the Europa League last year so got to face us in the Super Cup where we slapped them.

Annoying to get battered by PSG and lose to Milan but we still were top 8.

Round of 16:

We were poor in London but they never stood a chance in Spain.

Quarter Final:

Really lucky to have won that tie. We were battered in London after the early sending off but we stole the win and our ground is too hard to get a win.

Semi Final:

Nice was obviously a piece of piss, fuck knows how they managed to do so well this year.

Final:

We absolutely dominated them but their keeper (who finished on a 9.2) wouldn't let us score. To get an 89th minute penalty a miss crushed me as I was sure the game would fuck us over (the guy who missed was our backup AMR, I then sold him for £54m to West Brom). Hero of the shootout was obviously Matthias Jensen our goalkeeper. He stepped up and scored the first penalty (he's genuinely our best taker with a penalty taking stat of 12) and then saved two of their penalties to win it.

Spain:

With a month to go before the World Cup I decided to take them over to try my hand at winning an international competition. They also had not won the World Cup in my save or the European Championships. Plus I thought it would be a nice ending.

Group:

We were pretty poor against Uruguay but we did enough and Gambia were no match against the second 11.

Second Round:

Serbia was a nice tie for us and we were never in danger of losing.

Third round:

Probably should have rotated more for this game as it was a piece of piss and we struggled for fitness later.

Quarter Final:

Bit nervy, especially when we missed the penalty but we managed to get the win.

Semi Final:

We were horrific in the first half and England really should have punished us more. At half time I went ballistic at the players and I made a couple of changes including bringing on my boy Redondo. The media were STUNNED when I called him up but he turned the game around for us and England couldn't deal with him, after he scored his goal they collapsed.

Final:

I expected this to be easier but fitness was a real issue in this game and we seemed to be lacking sharpness up front but we managed to win it before going to penalties which is nice.

Career Stats:

Bit of a shame I didn't hit 1000 games total but I'm happy with that. Annoying I couldn't crack the top 10 for Worldwide or Continental but not too shabby for 20 seasons with a team who started in the 6th tier.

Not sure why the U18s show up for two seasons, I never managed a game.

Damn happy with how this save unfolded.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 leagues from 140 nations, it's go time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me Mahow, what sort of rig have you got that runs that?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing special. the save runs like a pig but I don't mind.

There are so many fucking jobs though. The Ecuadorian league system in particular is bullshit, 20 groups of 12 teams each in the third tier alone.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked more into what the Ecuador third tier is liked and ended up choosing that. The promotion battle is absolutely disgusting.

240 teams across the 20 groups and the top 3 qualify for the Promotion playoff first round (the rules state that there are 56 teams that qualify not 60 though so fuck knows). The winners qualify for the second round, then the quarter finals and then the finals.

How many of the 60/56 get promoted to the second tier you ask? Just TWO.

Here is our beautiful stadium:

Latin America Wiki suggests we share the stadium with a few other teams in the city of Guyaquil:

Here's an old photo of the team because Google isn't finding much:

Here is the squad in game:

Key Player:

Hot prospect:

League table:

Currently on course for one of the playoff spots which is grand.

Finances:

There's just under £5k in the bank and £384 spare in the wage budget.

Speaking of wages, in terms of salary per annum we are joint 37th paying out £26.67k. The top dogs in the tier? They're paying out £5.05m a year and are only one of 3 teams spending over £1m. Said £5m team have also won all 11 of their games this season scoring 48 goals and conceding 0, I think they're going to be tough to beat if we meet them.

Tactics:

Team played a 4-2-3-1 DM system in their last game and I will probably do the same assuming I can bring in a DM or two as we're light there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I play at a snail's pace compared with everyone else here, but I finally jumped ship from Spartaks Jurmala after two-and-a-half years in which I got them to the top four in season one, won the league in season two and had a good Europa Conference run, and then left them mid-season in season three (start of June) which is when Latvia has a summer break and coincides nicely with the end of the season for most major European leagues.

I've worked my way up to three-star rep and a continental A licence so the job offers have been pretty tasty, although I don't want to rush things too much career wise. Here are the four jobs available I've had successful interviews for, and I just need to decide between them:

So Vojvodina are a Serbian top division side with a good youth set up. Objectives are just to strive to make progress. No European football. Maribor are one of the top sides in Slovenia, who finished third last season. Focus would be on developing youth and winning the title. They're in Europe too + they are offering me a £7m transfer budget.

Nurnberg are a bit of a fallen giant, they were Bundesliga not so long ago but are languishing in Germany's third tier. Another £7m'ish budget so could be quite a good fun rebuild job with no player restrictions either. Monza, meanwhile, have just been relegated to Serie B by a good 10 points so it'd be another youth-focused rebuild job and a rebound to Serie A.

Not sure which path to tred... my first instinct was Vojvodina, as Serbia always produces great youngsters. And it'd be a nice, logical step from the Latvian first tier. But then, I don't plan to stay there long enough to build a youth dynasty, and I doubt I'll be able to topple Red Star or Partizan. Plus, no European footy either. So Maribor makes a bit more sense in that respect. But both Nurnberg and Monza could be fun rebuilds. I reckon my Nurnberg budget would actually be a fair bit more as I'll have to gut the squad in all likelyhood.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took PSG to penalties this time before losing, so that's four seasons in a row and three FA Cup final defeats in a row also. If either happen in my next season that's my sign to start a new game elsewhere.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liga Estudiantil 2022 Season Update:

League:

Here are the results I had with the team:

We did really well playing a 4-3-3 fluid counter attacking system and it really suited my main striker Antonio Viale who just kept scoring. League "won" but now we move onto the playoffs to see which two of the 60 teams get promoted.

Playoffs:

First round:

Easier team to deal with in the first round (they finished third in their group on 47 points) and we saw them off well.

Second Round:

Much harder team who finished first in their group on 56 points and they have people on actual part-time contracts and it was over after the first leg. Happy to see the team come back from 2-0 down in the second leg to draw the game though.

Cup:

I only had one game (the team did win 2 before I came) and it was against a top division side who slapped us.

Squad:

Squad is ok but I'm at the max wage budget and unfortunately one of our best players (Pico) signed too late to be registered as he kept wanting contracts with £250-£500 in appearance fees which we couldn't afford. Bastard dropped to £60 right after the window closed.

Viale is a god.

Future:

I've decided to resign (although the board did not want me to), I would have loved to try and get promotion but I think with the mental rules of only two from sixty getting promotion I think it would be a 3+ season job and I want to explore the World some more. Plus technically I have won "the league" here.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 18-06-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new job:

All hail Kim Jong Un.

Here is the stadium:

[REDACTED]

Here is the town:

[REDACTED]

Here is the team:

[READACTED]

All hail the glorious leader Kim Jong Un.

Here is the squad:

Key Player:

Hot Prospect:

League:

Easy promotion system. Top 2 go up to the Premier League.

Finances:

No transfer budget and we have £730 wage budget, of which the club is spending £600.

It's a drop down from Ecuador but I can't remember ever managing in North Korea so I thought fuck it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim Jong Hun. What a good name.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got tired of my scouts not finding any good players, so I booted up FMSE and checked for high potential players.

Found this 15 year old Egyptian, so I flicked back to the game and sent my chief scout with JPA and JPP of 19 to check him out.

In game, he looks very good for his age;

The scout report comes back and gives him just 3 stars for potential ability and grade 'D'. So, I send another scout out to him with 20 JPP, same report.

Something doesn't add up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Creative midfield player, needs more work on his marking and tackling. Sounds like the sort of shit IRL 'football men' scouts would come up with.