User Tag List

Page 411 of 581 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,550 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't a load of finance stuff moved to Amsterdam as well?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit is going to change big time. We've just chucked borders up with our biggest trading partner and royally pissed them off in the process. Plus, it is entirely in their interest to make us suffer. If we leave and everything's fine then Grexit, Frexit, and who knows what else will gain traction.

So yeah, business and travel will suffer for a bit. Eventually things will soften. They still need our trade both export and import, but we're still going to need to change. We'll basically need to create a new economy over the next 50 years.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those number for farming are laughable, what is that, £100m annually before brexit? That's half a Haaland for fuck's sake. They've never been interested in buying our stuff anyway. Drink English wine (we really should, at least the white stuff, and get the red from the [former] colonies).

Of course it's a massive ballache to deal with a lot of the shit, that's the nature of a protectionist racket.

Although, to be honest, at a local level the Europeans (French) are as pissed off with the new barriers as anyone - mostly on fishing in our [very local] context. Eventually sense will be seen. It's pretty obvious the ever closer union mob are losing their grip on things in Zee Bloc right now, just watch the fall out from a French general election next year (let alone the bloodbath that the German one promises to be).

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we have a proper Brexit thread before? I can't remember.

Anyway, (part of) Belfast is kicking off tonight.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theresa May had it deleted on her last day to save Floyd any future embarrassment.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read through the referendum thread recently and I actually did pretty well. What a night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAjlNjdjN-U

Still go back and watch this sometimes to warm the cockles.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Keith Vaz only sixty-four? I would genuinely have guessed closer to eighty, the absolute lowlife.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absorbing the stem cells of rent boys via anal penetration, I suspect.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France bowling in with 60k cases today?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their vaccine rollout appears to have been "quasi-ineffective".

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Italian deaths are roaring back as well.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France being French.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At some point he's going to have to come out and say "look, lads, I've fucked it. Please get the scumbag, shitty, 100% effective British vaccine before we surpass their deaths and they end up donning me on every front."

Or they'll just wait for the Moderna vaccine and pretend it's 112% effective.

Either way.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that the Italians are actually rolling it out quite well, but, being Italian, they've come up with some stupid system where civil servants (which is probably half the country) are prioritised over seventy year olds.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im booked in for the AZ jab on the 27th. Myself and the missus are the only people I know who are getting it everyone else is certain that the side effects arent worth the effort.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They couldn't pay to send a few apples to all those hungry kids but the money tree now has enough to send a couple of testing kits to every melt every week?

I also heard some actor say their shows in July will require audience members to wear masks. I was under the impression we could stop bending over backwards for the soft shites from 21 June, are masks staying?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dorks love larping in their custom made masks I assume you have dorks making these decisions?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    They couldn't pay to send a few apples to all those hungry kids but the money tree now has enough to send a couple of testing kits to every melt every week?

I also heard some actor say their shows in July will require audience members to wear masks. I was under the impression we could stop bending over backwards for the soft shites from 21 June, are masks staying?
    Apples don't grow on trees you know, dickhead.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 05-04-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why exactly are we proposing EVERYONE be tested twice weekly? Does this include people who've been vaccinated?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm long past trying to make sense of it.

It's all bollocks and I'm not doing it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, there are four stages left to this.

1) Finish the vaccination roll out.
    2) Understand how often people need boosters and schedule that
    3) Stick some people in a cupboard with access to whatever they need to monitor VARIANTS
    4) Stop listening to THE SCIENCE

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same. I'll have my jabs whenever I'm offered and that's me done.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been working solidly in and out of peoples houses for the last year and now when were down to 10 deaths per day with all the vulnerable people vaccinated I'm offered regular testing. All makes so little sense.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's worrying in a way, as it sort of implies we're going to be doing the Hokey Cokey with this virus for far longer than should be necessary, and fuck only knows what that might involve.

Testing people twice weekly is a staggering waste of money, but doesn't really impact me in my day to day life. Bringing in bollocks restrictions around the roadmap might well do though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, jabs and passport for me. Although testing's needed to monitor variants, a sweep of the country feels like a waste of resources.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to test everyone twice a week is quite simple - zero covid by the back door.

Have been going out to work for a year and never been tested. I am not taking a test unless I have symptoms.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It's worrying in a way, as it sort of implies we're going to be doing the Hokey Cokey with this virus for far longer than should be necessary, and fuck only knows what that might involve.

Testing people twice weekly is a staggering waste of money, but doesn't really impact me in my day to day life. Bringing in bollocks restrictions around the roadmap might well do though.
    Not to mention the amount of plastic waste.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And reading it, nothing really changes. There's enough for everyone but not everyone will test. We're testing in the office from next week onwards and I can only see schools and workplaces being where testing really happens. That's where the outbreaks tend to happen anyway.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy haircut day, troops

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got an online NHS advert about keeping casual kickabouts to 6 people to help keep us safe. But of course, if you're paying money to hire a pitch feel free to get 30 of you on there and renact scenes from a swingers party.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Aye, jabs and passport for me. Although testing's needed to monitor variants, a sweep of the country feels like a waste of resources.
    There is zero need for the passport. The unvaccinated are not a risk to the vaccinated.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    There is zero need for the passport. The unvaccinated are not a risk to the vaccinated.
    While I agree, what's driving this is more interesting to me.

Zero COVID is one take, but we'll never accomplish that as long as the borders are as open as they are.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Trying to test everyone twice a week is quite simple - zero covid by the back door.
    Didn't think we were doing anal swabs here

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    While I agree, what's driving this is more interesting to me.

Zero COVID is one take, but we'll never accomplish that as long as the borders are as open as they are.
    They're expecting a traffic light system for holidays to be announced tonight, which as you say runs completely contrary to Zero Covid.

I wonder if it's as simple as them starting to bump into the AntiVaxx / vaccine hesitant part of society. The 60+ mob were all desperate for the vaccine, but the under 50's are alot less keen and alot less likely to consider the perceived risk:reward ratio worth while. Could this just be a way of addressing that by layering on enough inconvenience?

"No jab lads? OK... can I see proof of your negative test within 48 hours of this event then please? Your result isn't back yet? Off you go home then mate."

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you've nailed it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polling would contradict that viewpoint. All age groups gagging for the vaccine.

It's just yet more unnecessary authoritarianism because some doctor behind the scenes will have told them it would be the best way of getting rid of outbreaks. Which it would, but at less than 3,000 cases a day and well over 50% vaxed, who cares.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    You still need a way of telling someone in authority you're jabbed. International travel's the only place it should really be required and there's no way the airport testing would be enough to handle a Heathrow in full operation. The yanks won't let you in without a negative test within 72 hours, a jab or proof of a prior infection.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polling would contradict that viewpoint. All age groups gagging for the vaccine.

It's just yet more unnecessary authoritarianism because some doctor behind the scenes will have told them it would be the best way of getting rid of outbreaks. Which it would, but at less than 3,000 cases a day and well over 50% vaxed, who cares.
    It's probably multifaceted. There are pockets of resistance amongst the effniks and the blood clot stuff has caused worry for many. I can't imagine twisting those arms onto needles isn't seen as a nice Brucey, even if it's not at the forefront of why they're doing it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    You still need a way of telling someone in authority you're jabbed. International travel's the only place it should really be required and there's no way the airport testing would be enough to handle a Heathrow in full operation. The yanks won't let you in without a negative test within 72 hours, a jab or proof of a prior infection.
    International travel is fair game, I'm talking about having to show my credentials to get into Primark.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not taking a test unless I have symptoms.
    Can I ask why?

I've found myself looking forward to June 17th and thinking how surreal it might be seeing previously normal things coming back. How long will it be before handshakes become common? Hugs in public?

In Brighton yesterday a few people on and near the beach were probably breaking the rules but not pushing it ridiculously. I think people will mostly be willing to follow the rules until June but if the timeline gets pushed back there'll likely be a big rebellion.

Some people are not going to want to do anything for a year or more (or never), though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak for Jim, but I'm not doing it because I want this shit behind me. I don't want to have to think about Covid before I do anything anymore and I can't see any reason why I should.

The case numbers are low. The deaths at insignificant levels and with the vaccine already protecting the vulnerable a national door handle lickathon wouldn't change that.

It's April 2021, not April 2020 and people need to stop pretending otherwise. There is no reason to indulge this Nanny State shite and I won't be doing so.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the one hand, if I was positive, I'd want to know. I don't want to test without symptoms, though.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Can I ask why?
    32 million people have been vaccinated. I'm not voluntarily putting myself up for 2 weeks of needless self isolation (via false positive or via asymptomatic carrying) unless there would actually be some benefit from my doing so.

In my local authority area the population is 136,000 and the latest number is 29 positive cases in the last week. There ain't much spread going on and where there is, no one will die from it unless they are unlucky on an odds scale that we all ride every day.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racaniello: I am not worried at all that this virus is going to out-evolve vaccines. People have been looking at it the wrong way. People have been looking at antibodies. People say, “ah, the variants are less susceptible to antibodies. But, you know what? They are ignoring T cells. It turns out, none of the variants have changes that would impact the ability of the T cells to kill an infected cell. The Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - Get Report vaccine turns out to be 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and deaths in South Africa…. I just saw an article today that showed that the U.K. variant ... made no difference in the outbreak in the U.K. It made no difference. The people who know, they are not worrying that the vaccines are going to be compromised by a variant. That’s what I can say with certainty.
    https://www.thestreet.com/latest-new...ent-racaniello

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No testing and no vaccine for me.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eight-thousand fans in Wembley will be worse than no fans. It will sound like those old women's matches where they used to give tickets to schools.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sauna exclusion doesn't seem to state when it ends.

Fuck it, it's time to take things into my own hands.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SMAUTOP-Fou...7640254&sr=8-3

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely go for that.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)