Page 171 of 340 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,550 of 16996

Thread: News of the day

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This race report and the fallout have given me a humongous erection. I might get a printer just so I can distribute it through doors (as well as chucking it onto football pitches if I still see knees being taken).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best complaint is the one about how minority health workers dying during the pandemic proves the racism. How do ethnic minorities get these highly-qualified, prestigious, well-paid jobs in such disproportionate numbers if the system is racist? Is this really hard to think through?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all very sort of Marxist, isn't it? Everyone mocking the idea that the country isn't 'institutionally racist' without suggesting what such a world might actually look like. Seizing the means of production always sounds a lot more fun than the day-to-day management of them afterwards.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have yet to see a convincing explanation as to why an institutionally racist system appears to favour Indians and Nigerians at the expense of Pakistanis and Jamaicans. Why would it, and why do other institutionally racist countries seemingly do likewise?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will come down to the sensitivities of the people in question. Indians and Nigerians don't give a fuck what you have to say about them, they just crack on. Meanwhile a Jamaican Yoot won't even eat pussy for fear of looking weak and half of Pakistans expats are currently shouting at a school because a teacher held a picture up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, somewhere between Indians having stronger than average family units and West Africans beating their kids for messing about at school they manage to bob and weave around all of the obstacles thrown in their way by racism. Racist school DODGE. Racist university SIDESTEP. Racist employer BLOCK. Racist police BARREL ROLL.

Anyway, the main thing to take away from all of this, since I'm not going to actually bother reading the report, is well done a Conservative government for appointing its own people to write a report telling them exactly what they wanted to hear. That's how you play the bullshit report-writing game. David Cameron would have had it done by everyone currently criticising it and brought in a racism tax by next week.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not even Pakistanis and Jamaicans (or Bangladeshis, or any other underperforming groups).

It's people of all races (often white) basking in the glamour of Black America.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My burning question from all of this is how many people (be they outraged or otherwise) have read all 258 pages of it?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lolled at the pictures and lack of diversity of the commisioners on about page 5 and closed it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    It will come down to the sensitivities of the people in question. Indians and Nigerians don't give a fuck what you have to say about them, they just crack on. Meanwhile a Jamaican Yoot won't even eat pussy for fear of looking weak and half of Pakistans expats are currently shouting at a school because a teacher held a picture up.
    This is such bollocks Spikes

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crime stats aren't really the thing to press people on, either. Outside of London, whites crime everything.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...e-cjs-2018.pdf

I'll give them stop and search which is a practice that kind of hinges on prejudice and "Well, he looks a bit dodgy." And, if you grow up as a black kid being told that the system is racist by relatives and the wider cultural touchstones, they'll probably believe it.
    Last edited by Shindig; 31-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite thing about the Sewell report is how they don't give in to the woke snowflake leftie's hatred of Britain and Sir Winston, and focus on the good bits of slavery.

They're welcome.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems like a pretty neutral appreciation of [some of] the lasting effects of slavery rather than 'putting a positive spin on it'.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, you can't hand all those people back.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    This is such bollocks Spikes
    It's mostly tongue in cheek, but there's definitely something in West Africans tolerating racism "better" than People from the Caribbean. I won't pretend to understand why.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just discovered that Sol Campbell is listed on the Wikipedia page for 'Black British politicians'. Hopefully this clear over-promotion based solely on his skin colour makes up for never getting the England job.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Racist school DODGE. Racist university SIDESTEP. Racist employer BLOCK. Racist police BARREL ROLL.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For how pervasive WHITE SUPREMACY allegedly is, it seems to let way too many people through.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    My favourite thing about the Sewell report is how they don't give in to the woke snowflake leftie's hatred of Britain and Sir Winston, and focus on the good bits of slavery.

They're welcome.

Saw twitter losing their heads over this. Literally such a clear case of people allowing emotions to make them unable to comprehend what they're reading (and obviously a healthy minority just being too thick to).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a mere starter for the shit that is going to go down when Chauvin gets off.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fucking state of the piece on this on BBC, some fucking mouthy ethnic bird shouting at the comissioner and a group of ethnics sat on picnic chairs crying about their shortcomings.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The female ethnic professor of education saying that working hard at school/work doesn't bring rewards for ethnics and women adds to my belief that it's all a way for [comparatively] high-achieving minorities (and women) to make themselves out to be extra special. Does this look like the employment history of somebody routinely denied opportunities? It's the middle class version of Lewis Hamilton making out he's from the gutter.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The fucking state of the piece on this on BBC, some fucking mouthy ethnic bird shouting at the comissioner and a group of ethnics sat on picnic chairs crying about their shortcomings.
    What is you actual view on all this Don? I'd be interested to hear.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSE biography
    Coming from Trinidad and schooled in Brixton Professor Mirza is a daughter of the Windrush generation, and one of the first female professors of colour in UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Heidi Safia Mirza was born in Britain to an Indo-Caribbean father and an Austrian mother, and at the age of four she moved with her parents to Trinidad.[8][9] She returned to England in 1973, when she was 16, attending school in Brixton
    The Indians are the white people of Trinidad. Coloniser.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a (white) professor over here, who claims POCness because she is from Trinidad. I don't even know where to start with that one.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What is you actual view on all this Don? I'd be interested to hear.
    I'll be fucked if I'm about to sit down and elucidate my position in whole on such a topic. The fundamentals are i) anyone who complains of racism in this country is an utter melt and ii) making an issue of it is counter-productive to the goal of equality. This is why I love to see these BLM cunts be offcially recognised as such.

The excerpts from the report are absolutely bang on:

"The idea that all ethnic minority people suffer a common fate and a shared disadvantage is an anachronism.

Yet both the reality and the perception of unfairness matter. The nationwide BLM marches last year were catalysed by a shocking case of police brutality in the USA that resulted in the death of George Floyd.

Many British citizens – particularly young adults – felt compelled to protest and call for change here too. The countries are different, and face different race-related challenges. But in some places in the UK, especially in Black inner-city communities, historical wrongs by the state and police have left a deep legacy of mistrust too.

We understand the idealism of those well-intentioned young people who have held on to, and amplified, this inter-generational mistrust. However, we also have to ask whether a narrative that claims nothing has changed for the better, and that the dominant feature of our society is institutional racism and white privilege, will achieve anything beyond alienating the decent centre ground – a centre ground which is occupied by people of all races and ethnicities.

‘What lies behind disparity?’ is a key question to answer. We recognise the lived realities, and sometimes trauma, of racial disadvantage. Our thinking also looks hard at the evidence and the multiple causes in play, and seeks to come up with relevant measures, for example, to deal with the disproportionate effect of our class B drug laws on young black people or problems in mental health provision for those ethnic minority groups that struggle to access services when they need them.

This commission finds that the big challenge of our age is not overt racial prejudice, it is building on and advancing the progress won by the struggles of the past 50 years. This requires us to take a broader, dispassionate look at what has been holding some people back. We therefore cannot accept the accusatory tone of much of the current rhetoric on race, and the pessimism about what has been and what more can be achieved."

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some ethnic cunt was suggesting they'll return to the streets as a result of this report. Mate, the pubs are open in less than a fortnight.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is now an annual piece Next year's accounts outlining the benefits of the pandemic in allowing them to drag thousands more lives into the gutter should be a bit more exciting.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That company sounds like a licence to print money. I would be interested to know where she then invests it all though, since presumably Bet365 doesn't need it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be fucked if I'm about to sit down and elucidate my position in whole on such a topic. The fundamentals are i) anyone who complains of racism in this country is an utter melt and ii) making an issue of it is counter-productive to the goal of equality. This is why I love to see these BLM cunts be offcially recognised as such.

The excerpts from the report are absolutely bang on:

"The idea that all ethnic minority people suffer a common fate and a shared disadvantage is an anachronism.

Yet both the reality and the perception of unfairness matter. The nationwide BLM marches last year were catalysed by a shocking case of police brutality in the USA that resulted in the death of George Floyd.

Many British citizens – particularly young adults – felt compelled to protest and call for change here too. The countries are different, and face different race-related challenges. But in some places in the UK, especially in Black inner-city communities, historical wrongs by the state and police have left a deep legacy of mistrust too.

We understand the idealism of those well-intentioned young people who have held on to, and amplified, this inter-generational mistrust. However, we also have to ask whether a narrative that claims nothing has changed for the better, and that the dominant feature of our society is institutional racism and white privilege, will achieve anything beyond alienating the decent centre ground – a centre ground which is occupied by people of all races and ethnicities.

‘What lies behind disparity?’ is a key question to answer. We recognise the lived realities, and sometimes trauma, of racial disadvantage. Our thinking also looks hard at the evidence and the multiple causes in play, and seeks to come up with relevant measures, for example, to deal with the disproportionate effect of our class B drug laws on young black people or problems in mental health provision for those ethnic minority groups that struggle to access services when they need them.

This commission finds that the big challenge of our age is not overt racial prejudice, it is building on and advancing the progress won by the struggles of the past 50 years. This requires us to take a broader, dispassionate look at what has been holding some people back. We therefore cannot accept the accusatory tone of much of the current rhetoric on race, and the pessimism about what has been and what more can be achieved."
    The problem with racism in Britain is that it's typically understated. Yeah, you get the odd piss head on a bus shouting the N's and P's, but usually it's behind closed doors and pretty subtle.

I don't know how you could ever truly measure it. Most racist people probably don't even realise that they're racist.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What confuses me most is that the article suggests her actual salary is £421m, which I assume is incorrect and she's earned that in salary, benefits and shares. It's bonkers either way, but if her actual salary is more than £1m a day something is even more fucked.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The problem with racism in Britain is that it's typically understated. Yeah, you get the odd piss head on a bus shouting the N's and P's, but usually it's behind closed doors and pretty subtle.

I don't know how you could ever truly measure it. Most racist people probably don't even realise that they're racist.
    It's probably easy for me to say as a white person, but on a variety of subjects (this, the environment, mental health etc.) just talking about stuff is getting monumentally tedious. Any idiot can do that and it doesn't get anything anywhere.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What confuses me most is that the article suggests her actual salary is £421m, which I assume is incorrect and she's earned that in salary, benefits and shares. It's bonkers either way, but if her actual salary is more than £1m a day something is even more fucked.
    I'm not an accountant, I'm... Hang on. The Coates family own it all, so the impression you get is that they literally just transfer most of the profits into their personal accounts, since otherwise it would just be sitting in a company account doing nothing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably easy for me to say as a white person, but on a variety of subjects (this, the environment, mental health etc.) just talking about stuff is getting monumentally tedious. Any idiot can do that and it doesn't get anything anywhere.
    But that's what we do. In cycles. Racism was a big deal in the 60's, then nobody gave a shit again until what, 2012?

With every generation we become less bigoted. Just chill and look forward to your 70's, when we can all be as bigoted as we like and our grandkids will think it's cute.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an accountant, I'm... Hang on. The Coates family own it all, so the impression you get is that they literally just transfer most of the profits into their personal accounts, since otherwise it would just be sitting in a company account doing nothing.
    Fair enough. I didn't bother looking at the company structure. If they started/bought the whole thing early doors and have created all this then no issue (well, beyond gambling companies being immoral). The article was probably written by a commie.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equality to the level these stupid fucks are seeking will have us all becoming computer chips. The generations after me can and will succumb to it but I'll be fucked if I'm not fighting our right to prejudice. Race is not some sacred concept that needs such focus.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope they're somehow dodging the tax on it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's exhausting. To admit so of course makes you part of the problem.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a similar note, I watched Seaspiracy the other day and while it was in some ways created by an excited child who went a bit too far with his point, it's quite unbelievable just how much our focus is directed in the wrong places and how utterly shit charities are.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Equality to the level these stupid fucks are seeking will have us all becoming computer chips. The generations after me can and will succumb to it but I'll be fucked if I'm not fighting our right to prejudice. Race is not some sacred concept that needs such focus.
    Equity mate, equity.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a similar note, I watched Seaspiracy the other day and while it was in some ways created by an excited child who went a bit too far with his point, it's quite unbelievable just how much our focus is directed in the wrong places and how utterly shit charities are.
    I've been balls deep in this type of stuff and it's turning me full Magic. I watched a StoryVille "Poisoning America: The Devil we Know" a week or so ago and it fucked my brain. Dupont and M3 have literally contaminated the blood of 99% of all people (yes, literally, all people) causing cancers, birth defects and black fucking teeth, and it takes a BBC 4 documentary to clue me up on it.

Watch it. I can't look my Wok in the face anymore.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds right up my street. I'm on it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storyville is a fantastic series, I have to say. Their thing on Jonestown was quite brilliant.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my Easter sorted.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one about the psycho tranny who invented helicopter news is interesting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That company sounds like a licence to print money. I would be interested to know where she then invests it all though, since presumably Bet365 doesn't need it.
    HMRC by the sounds of it.

I think it actually just straight pay packet and is, indeed, completely bonkers. She started it form a portacabin in Stoke or whatever (is that not mentioned in the article?).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kerry Packer would be spinning in his grave.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds right up my street. I'm on it.
    Honestly staggering that it isn't huge news. It really should be. Let me know what you think once you've watched it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching it now and it possibly explains why cancer has risen exponentially in developed countries.