Results 4,901 to 4,950 of 11708

Thread: The All New Jobs Thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the CEO

Good morning,

I will check the AG and confirm when finished.

Hope you had a good weekend in spite of the cricket, but did you see Fulham beat Liverpool 1-0 at Liverpool!!!!
    We've never previously talked about football, only cricket and golf. Has he confused me with someone else? Does he think I'm a Fulham fan? Do I have to style out being a Fulham fan for the rest of my working life in order to avoid embarrassing him?

Why does sporting banter have to happen in the first place?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only get one chance to correct him - otherwise, you're a Fulham fan for life.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Crazy! Good/bad that my boys at Chelsea won/lost against whoever."

You're welcome.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn'the just commenting on a noteable event? In case you weren't aware, WE'RE FUCKING MASSIVE.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah surely if he assumed you were a Fulham fan, he wouldn't ask if you'd seen it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're right, actually. Shame, I enjoyed my couple of hours among the, er, lilywhites (?) faithful.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably thinks you're that guy who was snapped cutting a victoria sponge in the stands at Craven Cottage, Jim.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I think you're right, actually. Shame, I enjoyed my couple of hours among the, er, lilywhites (?) faithful.
    They're just The Whites aren't they, if being a Cottager isn't your thing.

I always thought 'lilywhites' was Spurs, or that shop in Piccadilly which I'm sure either no longer exists, or exists only as a vassal state in Mike Ashley's retail empire.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latter, I think, and it's rubbish. Sporting goods in the UK can now only be bought from 'if you know, you know' type underground shops, the rest just want to sell you basketball trainers and Nike headbands.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been told today that a request for a career break is very unlikely to get turned down, so that's good. I also found out that I've received "very positive" feedback from my current client which is genuinely ludicrous. It's quite clear that nobody has a clue what's going on.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regularly running out of work before 3pm. Grim.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a minor balls-up at work which I've now fixed and I doubt the customer will even have noticed but the worst thing isn't that I fucked up but that the initial moment of "Oh no what have I done" might be the most I've felt anything in months.

Might go for an even bigger mistake just for the rush.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slippery slop. He'll be murdering by May.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be first if you call me a slippery slop again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that. The little adrenaline rush to your stomach of 'Oh no, I've fucked it'. Moreish as fuck.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like those ones where your mistake gets compounded by someone following it up with a mistake of their own. My two weeks off work started 3 hours early. We didn't run out of work but only by virtue of the systems being completely bricked.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t be arse faking some meetings every afternoon, in case someone rang me, so I’ve booked off four and a half days next week to watch the horse racing. Got loads done yesterday, so just have to log on on Monday morning to sort out little bits and set my out of office.
    I'm a twit

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone's been in touch saying that they've been a victim of abusive behaviour in a group session that I was facilitating.

Asked for clarity on what they're referring to, and was honest in saying that I've not experienced anything anyone's done/said as being abusive. There's been conflict in the class, but conflict isn't abuse.

Bit stressful though, people reckoning they've been abused by someone and I've just sat there and done nothing. Not a good look, and it's a bit worrying that that idea might be getting floated about. Didn't sleep much last night and it's been on my mind a lot today.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Properly struggling in the office today as the thermostat is at a woman-defined level on what is a pretty warm day, it's absolutely roasting. My version of everyday sexism is seriously resenting the so called 'fairer' sex (could have fooled me) for their inability to deal with even slightly cool rooms.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Properly struggling in the office today as the thermostat is at a woman-defined level on what is a pretty warm day, it's absolutely roasting. My version of everyday sexism is seriously resenting the so called 'fairer' sex (could have fooled me) for their inability to deal with even slightly cool rooms.
    I've had an entire year without hearing the "you can put a jumper on, I can't take my clothes off" arguments. A win for Covid Britain.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gaff did a big restructure recently and it’s an absolute clusterfuck.

I’m about 3 months in and I’ve realised I’ve somehow picked up two jobs. Rather than supporting one platform, I support two completely independent, platforms with their own issues.

Got so frustrated last week I debated just quitting but realised over the weekend it’s just a job, and not a career now.

Told my line manager exactly that today. Personal wise if I’m doing two jobs I shouldn’t be doing it at my current level, but business wise it really should be two jobs to do the intent justice.

Of course every company webcast you listen to screams and shouts about the success stories of this restructure.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...ndemic-workday

Ford offering WFH to 30K employees is an interesting footnote I'm yet to read up on but the Citi gyal's comments hit home after what's been a busy period at work. I'm lucky that I work in the public sector so the pressure is only self-imposed but in a proper work environment, it's easy to see how even the average employee could quite easily lose their heads.

The WFH revolution is a given, Zoom-free Fridays are a nice taster but keep your ears to the ground chaps because 37 hour weeks are going to be lolled at in the very near future at this rate.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work 37.5. I've been living that for a decade.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, the quicker you all get back to the office, the better. Once I get in my car and drive home, no one can touch me. There's work, when I'm at work, and then there's life.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not done one second of work outside of my contracted hours.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, same.

But then I don't work for a mad, backwards twat like Jimmy does, I can totally imagine that he'd be going "Well if you're at home and work from home then why can't you do stuff for me whenever I ask?"

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on your job/industry, the leakage will be real (I say anecdotally from people I know).

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, the quicker you all get back to the office, the better. Once I get in my car and drive home, no one can touch me. There's work, when I'm at work, and then there's life.
    I get this feeling slamming my laptop shut at bang on 4pm everyday, and am already at home with my slippers on.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are jobs and industries where eating in to your own time is the done thing, but alot of the time it comes down to how much of a soppy bollocks you are. My Mother in Law often sits at home doing her "essential learning" and "catching up on emails" because she "just doesn't get a chance at work".

Well, fucking lol at that. If I don't have time during my working hours then it isn't getting done.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to keep to 830-530 days but it's not always possible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is more there are core hours outlined but as a 'manager' with the various perks that provides (which there are many to be fair) we are expected to go above and beyond to ensure things run smoothly when needed. I am doing more than I ever did when I was commuting, 25 hours overtime in 4 weeks is 'quiet' at the moment.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need office back soon. Someone messaged me about something at 9pm last night. I made sure to click on it so they got the little ‘this person saw your message’ marker. And then ignored it.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I stacked shelves on the night shift at Asda, if anyone called in sick etc the section leaders were basically obliged to come in and cover their shift. Section leaders earned about 50p an hour more as well. 9 months in that job doing 25 hours a week made me lose my mind slightly, when I go in for fags pissed up at 1am on a Friday 75% are the same people, 7 years later. And plenty are full time. Pure desolation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lad who has been doing that for as long as I've known him, 35 and spends all his free time gaming - except when his mum tells him his tea's ready.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know Mahow mate.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if Mahow has a job.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Mine is more there are core hours outlined but as a 'manager' with the various perks that provides (which there are many to be fair) we are expected to go above and beyond to ensure things run smoothly when needed. I am doing more than I ever did when I was commuting, 25 hours overtime in 4 weeks is 'quiet' at the moment.
    So long as you're getting paid it's fine. I'm a manager and work long hours if required, but never for free.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    When I stacked shelves on the night shift at Asda, if anyone called in sick etc the section leaders were basically obliged to come in and cover their shift. Section leaders earned about 50p an hour more as well. 9 months in that job doing 25 hours a week made me lose my mind slightly, when I go in for fags pissed up at 1am on a Friday 75% are the same people, 7 years later. And plenty are full time. Pure desolation.
    I ain't having no one knock supermarket night shifts on my watch. Manual labour and music if only it didn't destroy your health.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I ain't having no one knock supermarket night shifts on my watch. Manual labour and music if only it didn't destroy your health.
    I dunno, I did headphones for my stretch and my limited Spotify offline playlist led to me actually thinking they might be giants were really good

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good salary bantz today. Me and two others basically all started at the same time, all D grade, all with "_____ support officer" job titles, same place on the hierarchy. Me and matey are on 21k and we assumed our colleague was on the same, and she revealed today she's on 24. I mean, it is what it is and I understand they're entitled to pay people differently and all that shit, but it's quite funny that she initially applied for the same job as us two, got rejected cus she didn't have enough experience, then suggested to apply for the other slightly different role, which she'd be more suited to. I know it isn't QUITE as simple as this, but part of me is like yeah if I'd realised they were about to advertise a slightly better paid job I'd have fucked up my interview and got that one instead.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t mind your job, do your best to forget the conversation ever happened.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gender paygap innit.

The management and organisation is on my current project is non-existant so no one has clearly defined roles and besides the shit that causes on a regular basis, there's a lad who must now have sat in on approximately 25 hours of calls over the last 5 weeks without saying a single word. At £30 per hour, it's a quality gig.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    If you don’t mind your job, do your best to forget the conversation ever happened.
    This. It's not my money or decision so being irritated or surprised by other people's salaries is fairly pointless. On the subject of bottom lines, I apparently still had overtime coming through on this month's payslip. I haven't done any since January. Awesome.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to see people pissed off about income, force them off of a final salary pension scheme.

First time I’ve read yammer in 3 years and let me tell you, the drama is exhilarating.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our first morning of full staff back in the office and back to smart office wear (we've been casual for the last year).

Loving it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you lording it over the furlough plebs with a dickie bow?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top bods announced a 1.5% raise today. Basically inflation. Cheers lads.