User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PES 2020 - Sponsored by Maradona in a Suit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait so which teams does PES not have these days? Is it still London Blue or Red for half of the Prem for example?

I always wanted to try PES but idk i can't get over that shit for some reason.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have United and Arsenal licensed but the rest of the league is the usual EVERTON BLUES etc. You can import all the right stuff pretty easily, though.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... unless you’re on Xbox.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another reason not to buy it, though not as big a reason as the gameplay and overall presentation.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/484455710

Kosovo are fucking mint. Seriously, I want that front three in my Master League. The slower pace plays into my ponderous eejit ways.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I get a decent option file for this?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've went with PESWorld again. So far they've got the Premier League, Bundesliga Serie A and La Liga sorted. I had no idea Karth was so massive.

Ive given the Master League a shot and I think having actual manager likenesses instead of creating your own is a bad idea. Naturally, I went with Ruud Gullitt. The transfer negotiations don't add a lot (it's just a chance to string a transfer out and penny pinch) and the expectations you're set still don't match the team you're playing as. At least it looks like, as a manager, you have some influence over that. The generic chairman might think we're top six material but he's talking out of his arse. Also, he seemed really mad we lost 1-0 to Liverpool on the opening day.

At least we don't have the stupid pre-season shit.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ship that I can buy this in today has the best price? I'm fucking sick of FIFA.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Which ship that I can buy this in today has the best price? I'm fucking sick of FIFA.
    https://www.console-deals.com/games/...tform=Xbox+One £34.85
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got this about 5 days ago and i have been immersed into myclub. So good. I'm on xbox so if anyone fancies a game,add me at GTR JuularDT.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out Konami are going to patch in a licensed Serie B. And PESWorld have their J-League patch up.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £24 for PS Plus subscribers at the moment.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shindig or anyone else who's playing master league on this. Are you getting any more money to spend at the start of each season?

I'm playing as Middlesbrough, got promoted in my first season by finishing second then finished seventh in my first season in the premier league but I've not been given any extra money at the start of my seasons. I've got fuck all to spend.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird. What's your chairman been giving you in terms of objectives?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First season in the premier league was just to stay up. He said the same again this year but I said 'nah mate, top half' thinking I might get more money that way but nothing.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided I need to play some PES to finish out Newcastle's season.

https://www.twitch.tv/shindigpsc

I'll be on in five.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wos robbed with that free kick against United.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it looked like it was hitting the woodwork. Long-armed De Gea was just showing off. Plus I can't really call it robbery when I shat that accidental back-pass.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was caught in a trap and I couldn't get out.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season's finished now. It's on my twitch but we met the modest 'top half finish' relatively comfortably. Caciedo's turned into a bit of a dud. Good job it was just a loan.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £16 on PSN at the minute. My tight-fisted transfer dealings are kinda backfiring.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well kick this thread up the arse one last time. PES is shit. I've seen my Newcastle side shit the bed massively with a squad-wide goal drought. We hit the woodwork in every game of the session but can't seem to score unless we're 1-0. PES demands it. Fuck off.

This series was better when developed by a terrified Japanese workforce. EDIT: Lazio are fun. Smashed Inter 5-2 in a proper end-to-ender. I need to get a proper man up top to partner Immobile but the rest of the squad seems decent.
    Last edited by Shindig; 24-05-2020 at 11:22 AM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot stay away. I've tried the Euro 2020 DLC and it's fine. I wish they didn't bob their mouths like fish over the anthems, though. Especially Spain and their entirely instrumental effort. I'm back on Master League after a failed look at the defaults. I've tried to help myself with the largest transfer budget but, at the very start, you want everything going into wages. And God help your teamwork numbers.

I didn't realise how much of that shit plays into recruitment and tactics. Having to cross reference your tactics with 'the shit these players like to play' makes perfect sense but it kinda stifles any freedom to pick a formation you want. You can do that but you're taking months out of the season for them to bed in. I've returned to Newcastle's normal squad and fiddled their default tactics just a bit to try and boost teamwork. I've settled on something I'm happy with. 4-4-2. Possession with some frontline pressure for defence. Means that we're muscular in defence and I've allowed some fluidity when we're attacking.

The big switch has been placing Saint-Maximin as a second striker. It works great as he turns up everywhere. He'll pick it up deep and then charge forward to support Joelinton. He's still a little iffy. I'm not that confident when he gets his back to goal but he's scored 3 times this season. I've also brought in Gabriel Barbosa on a free to partner him. He's doing alright and they will wind up getting assists for each other. Carroll's been sold (he's not mobile), Manquillo's moving in January and I've loaned some of the kids out.

Results wise, I had a horrible start to the fixture list. 3 straight losses to Arsenal, United and Liverpool. Since then we've hit 7 straight wins (including a cup win against Leeds). It's all stuff by the odd goal. Only my last match against Bournemouth had any daylight. I'm conscious of the fact we can't put sides to bed so I've resorted to passing it amongst ourselves if time's good. Chelsea next so that's probably the wheel's coming off. One of the things that I think is patch related is how many teams now allow me to pass goalkicks to my defenders. I used to always go long by necessity.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any way to fix the teams on a console for this or is that only doable on PC?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PC and PS4

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    PC and PS4
    Uninstall so. Thankfully it was just a download from a €1 trial of game pass.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stick an option file on a usb stick and follow a 10 min youtube clip, it's professionally done these days though the United FM lawsuit might have consequences for PES.

Impressed with the Euro 2020 stuff, dont the usually release a fully licensed game for tournaments instead?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA haven't put out a tournament game since 2010.

And United can't sue Konami for their usage in PES. They're already licensed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If United win their case against FM, especially on the point about modding etc then surely another big team will come sniffing.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Just stick an option file on a usb stick and follow a 10 min youtube clip, it's professionally done these days though the United FM lawsuit might have consequences for PES.

Impressed with the Euro 2020 stuff, dont the usually release a fully licensed game for tournaments instead?
    So you can then?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On PS4, are you Xbox?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a One S. I’ve got rid of it now as those team names sicken my hole.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this as it was on sale on Amazon. I have a bit of a dilemma as I smash the AI on professional but then really struggle on top player difficulty.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to my world. I've stuck with top player but any wins are narrow and I really can't create a lot of clear cut chances.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I bought this as it was on sale on Amazon. I have a bit of a dilemma as I smash the AI on professional but then really struggle on top player difficulty.
    Stick to the harder one. Only way to improve.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, persist with it. I've just powered through a UEFA Cup campaign with Liverpool on Top Player. One defeat came at Roma but we smashed them in the return leg 4-0. I know the players are a big factor but I want to replicate that formation and that style for a Master League. Beat Sevilla 2-1 in the final but it was more comfortable than that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next season's game is apparently an update to the existing one. EDIT: False info, it seems.
    Last edited by Shindig; 02-08-2020 at 03:02 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've given Newcastle a shot with Liverpool's 4-3-3, high defensive line, compact tactics and the gegenpress. It works, in a fashion. Joelinton's the middle but I use him more to play the wingers into positions (Saint-Maximin and Ritchie) but Joelinton's bagged 6 goals so far.

Awful start with 2 defeats and 2 draws (Dropped a 2-1 lead against Crystal Palace but held Liverpool in the next game). Since then, we've been scoring decently and taking wins. Could've done without extra time to see of Luton in the Cup 4-3 but I'd rather that than penalties. As you can guess, the high line can catch us out but can get us back on the attack quicker.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, that season is done. At the half way stage, we were leading. 60 points, followed by Liverpool and Man City, also on 60 points. With 9 games left, we were 7 points adrift in 4th. The game decided we'd struggle to 1-0 defeats and a dip in form would be a chasm.

So I whacked the difficulty down to Beginner and smashed the remaining games. Here's the problem: City only dropped five points so I finished second. 87 points to our 85. Third was Liverpool with 84, Chelsea finish with 81. This is the closest I can probably get without doing a whole season on pisstake difficulty. The top end of the league is far, far too ridiculous. My only opportunity to win a league is going to be in direct competition because the AI does not want to drop points.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like that version of FIFA on the DS where your only hope of winning the league was winning every game. Thankfully there was a near post corner exploit that saw Louis Saha and Gary Neville far and away the league top goal scorers. (The Reid made us be United and we took turns.)
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's more to do with the seasons City and Liverpool had in 18/19. That and the idea that, on paper, oil rich superclubs are unbeatable. Barcelona were kind of 'it' for years. It's annoying because we beat City to go three points clear and held Liverpool to a point when we last played them. Then we shat the bed against West Ham and Burnley. And Brighton who are always turgid to play against.

My hope is that the old guard die off and the AI replaces them with tripe. Andy Carroll went to Leicester after a 1 goal season so there's hope for that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won the Charity Shield on penalties. My life is complete. A decent match against City that was pretty breakneck. Sane's a nightmare to contain but the rest were alright. We gave away a penalty but Joelinton levelled things. Remi Oudin seems lively in the front three. I've brought in some German defenders for free and Roy Krishna because ... why not. Not sure about my cover up front and the first game shown up my wing backs' fatigue. Karth and Willems are my first choice options but I don't see the latter lasting a full match often.

The Liverpool job came up but I opted to stay put. Wijnaldum, Bale and Origi were all on the transfer list and I might regret not taking the latter for £18m. It's hard to tell given how Joelinton becomes a foil for the wingers when he's not in scoring positions.

Also, I don't know what they're doing with the 2021 season update. It's £25 on the store which makes me wonder if it's 2020 with the update applied. They don't specify that you need 2020 to play it so it might go down as a new game in your library. Strange times.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konami gave us a code for the 2021 Season Update. It is, in fact, a separate game rather than DLC for last year. I'm going to imagine they had to do that out of a contractual obligation to the license holders. I.e. "You must put out a game each season."

I've played a couple of games and it does have a different feel. The free kicks from close range might not be a death sentence this time as I saw Sir Chesney really stretch to keep one of those out. No new leagues but Columbia's top flight is now licensed. Oddly, Hull, Charlton and Wigan are in the Other European teams section. The transfers are miles off. They're probably up to date to the conclusion of last season but no new bodies are in for us. We still have Willems, Lazaro and Bentaleb on our books.

2 new stadiums. Gazprom Arena is new but I can't spot the other one. It might be one of the Allianz Arena's. The Juventus one?

So they've done stuff to this. Not as much stuff as a proper sequel but more than I was expecting from a product called 2021 Seasonal Update.

HOLD EVERYTHING Frank Lampard is in this game as a manager.
    Last edited by Shindig; 19-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to be playing Master League as Wycombe Wanderers on my Xbox Series X. I’ve edited the youth team to contain myself and 11 of my friends, as 69-rated sixteen-year-olds. I let my mates choose their positions, attributes, skills, playstyle, kit-style etc. and I did my best to make them look like they do in real life. I’m hoping it will make the game even more fun to play.

Normally when I play Master League I use the default squad + loans, until some real players retire and I fill my squad with regenerated players and just use them forever. This once meant I had a 104 rated Dirk Kuyt playing for me, which was awesome. However, it meant he absorbed the majority of my wage budget and I had to stop playing the game as it wasn’t feasible to keep all my players despite having hundreds of millions in the transfer kitty. Good old PES. This time I plan on just keeping the 12 players I have created, forever. This will hopefully mean that no matter how good they get, I’ll always have enough money to pay for all their contracts cos I can sell almost everyone else.

I’m yet to play a single game on PES21 as I’ve been editing it to make it more immersive. One perk of this will be I’ll get some achievements ticked off, using my mates. As I played previous versions on PS4, I was used to just using a pre-edited option file. Unfortunately, they aren’t available for Xbox so I’ve been manually editing all the English team names, rivalries, stadiums and, most time-consuming of all, kits. I’m finally ready to play though!

I figured I’d give a rundown of my players in case anyone wants to follow their path to greatness and watch Wycombe Wanderers hopefully eventually lift the Champions League trophy.

Goalkeeper: Baz
    With real life claims of being able to hold his own in at least League 2, because “so long as you concentrate, and don’t mind getting hurt, you can be a class keeper,” Baz volunteered to go in net. He’s only 5’10” and most of that is his neck, but possesses a long throw and a whopping big kick, so offers plenty of distribution options.

Right back: The Reid
    As one of only three people who has played a decent amount of Pro Evo, and knows the most about stat weighting and worthwhile skills, I was hoping Reidy would be the saviour and take the sting out of anyone choosing useless stats. However, his lack of commitment and refusal to create a Google account (it’s 2021!) meant he couldn’t edit the Google sheet I used to record everyone’s stats. As a result, he’s essentially a Trent Alexander-Arnold clone with 15 knocked off each stat. Should be excellent for crosses, but less so for freekicks. Can also play all down the right wing, which could come in handy.

Left back: Rob
    Our only non-Englishman, Rob wears the Scotland flag on his boots with pride. Also more than capable of executing a Scotch Move, whatever that is, and is a master of the Robona (sic). Has the most impressive forearms known to man and as a quick little bloke with decent all-round stats, he can happily fill in on either wing or as a centreback if needed.

Centre halves: Tom & Joe
    Tom and Joe are brothers, with Joe being a few years older. Both are built like brick water closets and certainly won’t shy away from a header or a tough tackle. They’re not the fastest but they’re quick enough, and with lots of time to improve they could end up as England’s centerback pairing, as well as Wycombe’s, for years to come. Joe’s signature move is a “power toe bung” and Tom is the self-assigned team captain, which I’m more than happy with. I expect many cards.

Defensive midfielder: Andy Mac
    Wants to be the English Pirlo or the Wycombe Roy Keane, judging by his stats, and could well be. Hopefully being a bald lad with a big ginger beard won’t be the only reason he stands out in the centre of the park. Can play all through the middle and never goes any wider than the centre circle due to a crippling fear of breaking a sweat. Should work well linking the central defenders to the central midfielders, and will no doubt keep himself and everyone else entertained in the process.

Centre mids: Mike and Andy
    Mike wears glasses. Since Edgar Davids retired, Pro Evo removed the ability to wear glasses on the game, so not only is he almost unrecognisable, he also mightn’t recognise his teammates. Aesthetics aside, Mike’s a quick-moving destroyer who is just as capable defensively as he is offensively. Alongside him is his former housemate, Andy, who is perhaps the more attack-minded of the two. Andy’s a bit of a showboater who considers himself as the team’s orchestrator, always on the lookout to start an attack while looking the business. A bit of a Jack Grealish character on the pitch, only with his socks pulled up to his thighs.

Right midfielder: Doward
    Set himself as a destroyer, despite it being a playing style for defensive mids, so not a great start, but his attributes set him up to be a decent threat down the right side, with good dribbling skills and great pace. He did question the [bad hairline] hairstyle he’d been assigned but recognised it was the best fit and is now ready to take on the likes of Rico Henry, Pervis Estupinan and Adam Reach in his first season in the Championship.

Left wing forward: Allan
    A creative playmaker and our only left-footer in the team. Maximum aggression and minimal heading ability. Very fast and an excellent dribbler, could cause havoc against the likes of Andy Yiadom, Kiko Femenia and Adam Smith. Has a decent camaraderie (well, a love-hate relationship disguised as bants) with our centre forward, so could link up well, and can also play as a second striker or even a centre forward if needed more centrally.

Centre forward: Simon
    Christian Kabasele won’t know what’s hit him when Watford play Wycombe this year. A beanpole of a neanderthal with a grizzly beard and hasn’t showered since the millennium bug broke his Gameboy lurks up front for us. Originally requested his goal celebrations be something muted and subtle, wanting to be cut from a similar cloth to Eric Cantona. He then watched all 162 available celebrations on YouTube and has ended up with a flamboyant double flip and an Irish jig. Typical Si. Slow on the ground but powerful in the air, will hopefully be able to get on the end of Rob and Reid’s (R&R) abundance of crosses and convert chances to goals. Just as likely to be superstar as a complete disaster, so looking forward to playing with him.

Substitute right wing forward: Ryan
    12 people were asked to create players. 11 did. Ryan did not. Others stepped up and filled in his stats for him, but his lack of commitment has seen him end up on the bench, despite being one of the better real-life players. Can fill in in a multiple of positions on the wings, and also as a second striker so will be a good utility man to bring off the bench and to cover for anyone suffering from poor form. Small, fast and ready to play. A very good option for the 12th man.

Feel involved? Wish this was actually a new series of Dream Team you could watch on TV? Well, you can watch everything unfold LIVE on Twitch, most evenings from 8pm onwards: https://twitch.tv/baz9torres Apologies in advance for any long pauses of nothing, where I’m talking to my wife, replying in my mates group chat or making a cup of tea.

Or, you know, just read future posts or whatever. Chairboys, lessssgo!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had over 200 texts when I picked up my phone earlier due to this. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out playing with a team of 69-rated players, whose attributes were chosen by people who’ve never played PES, makes the game quite hard. Plus I’m not very good. Only playing on Professional too!

Changed formation now to a 4-4-2 narrow diamond, because no amount of tweaking the instructions will get my wingers and fullbacks to automatically run down the wings, so going down the ‘pass around in midfield and hope a through ball gets my striker a chance’ route.

Also feels like every freekick the computer has a shot with, goes in. Any tips to stop that @Shindig / @Limoutsonik? There was something to do with Y/triangle but I must’ve misread it cos it’s doing nothing.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The free-kick thing is quite shit. I try to get someone guard the post I think they're going for and try to time the wall jump. From close range, it's nailed on to go in.

I want a proper go with the defaults. I've been doing great with Newcastle so I know I can get by with a decent unit. I've kept the Liverpool tactics but the high defensive line will absolutely crush me. I've started with the biggest budget I can which just gets me £2.8m in wage budget. I want to use that to get the most players possible, rather than betting big on a couple.

What's your teamwork number like? That's crucial for your team to start doing thing.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between 66-68 I guess it’s just gonna take time for them to not play like they’re scared of the ball and each other.

And yeah I’ve started running a man to the post (and allowing two opposition players to follow me, onside) which will hopefully work in defending freekicks.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not a bad start if they start clicking. Switching to a 4-3-3 has me at 36. Two games down, D1, L1. We're gaining one or two each match so the second half of the season might be alright.

Our first XI with overall ratings:

GK: Perina - 68

LB: Giorza - 66 (default)
    CB: Danso - 73
    CB: Valentine - 68
    RB: Apodi - 73

DM: Hettich - 69 (default)
    CM: Arcas - 70 (default)
    CM: Anuar - 73

LW: Ankersen - 73
    CF: Drmic - 73
    RW: Alex Collado - 74

Which looks kinda alright. Not complete dogshit but not troubling the Championship much either. Drmic is dangerous but he's not getting much in the way of chances. Perina wound up Man of the Match on his debut against Reading. Clean sheet and his offensive keeper status means he's charging out when our defence gets caught high up. He also has a penalty saving perk which would've come in handy against Preston where I lost 2-1 and conceded an early pen. Melikov was in goal for that, went the right way but was just beaten by power.

I'm intending to play for draws using possession until I'm confident at the back and going forward. Preston scoring forced us to come out a bit and Drmic scoring helped keep it respectable. Reading were terrifying because they really went after our midfield. I can't be as cavalier as I am with Newcastle. On the plus side, high possession stats keep fatigue from draining so that might protect the full backs a little. I've fiddled the budget to make sure everything goes into salaries. I really wish I could funnel some of the £98m transfer pot into that. Stupid, stupid game.