Page 399 of 581 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,950 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a walk around town earlier. Every independent coffee shop bar one seems to have gone under.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This domino run of European governments now suspending the Oxford vaccine because 37 people out of 5 million have had blood clots since taking it (not necessarily linked to having taken it) out of 'the precautionary principle' is absolutely unbelievable. Holland and Germany the latest to do so.

Do they literally want to kill their own people?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Not a chance.
    Well, clearly not "not a chance" given that there's lot of places already returned to normality (in relation to work and wfh). I would agree with what Jimmy said in that it's easier to get time off (essentially wfh) - as in, child is sick, so I'm working from home today, whereas in the past, may not have even asked the question.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    This domino run of European governments now suspending the Oxford vaccine because 37 people out of 5 million have had blood clots since taking it (not necessarily linked to having taken it) out of 'the precautionary principle' is absolutely unbelievable. Holland and Germany the latest to do so.

I haven't seen the numbers - but I saw one tweet suggesting that all the total number of blood clots is in line with what you would expect, regardless of vaccination. These countries must be seeing different numbers??

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone knows what they are seeing or doing. We've used millions and millions and millions of those jabs and nothing has happened.

France done it now. Hurrah!

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only assume they're absolutely desperate for THE GREAT BRITISH vaccine to be proven unsafe so that they have something, nay anything, to show that our vaccination rollout isn't a barnstorming success vs. their absolute shambles.

It's utterly pathetic.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.businessinsider.co.za/as...end-use-2021-3

It said it reviewed safety data from 17 million people who got the shot in the UK and EU, and found fewer clot-related adverse effects than would be expected in any group of that size.

It said that among the 17 million there had been 15 cases of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the veins) and 22 of pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs).

This is "much lower" than what would expect in the general population, and it is similar to what was observed with other Covid-19 vaccines, the company said.

The number of cases of blood clots reported in the general population would be in the "hundreds", Ann Taylor, AstraZeneca's chief medical officer said in the statement.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when Euroscepticism was a fringe belief confined to Nigel Farage on Question Time and the Telegraph blog pages (the untouchable highpoint of online newspapers) the whole precautionary principle mindset of the European Union was one of the main reasons to be against it. Pharmaceuticals, genetically-modified foods... We could be ballin' on all this stuff now, but in normal times farmers and dickheads will ruin it, so who knows.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best explanation I can find, reading around this, is that they are all just shitting the bed in formation. It'll be a costly shit as if you're not vaccinating x number of people a day, then approximately x/7000 will die.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we have them back, then? We haven't reported any clots, have we?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went for a deep dive in AntiVaxx Twitter.

Spectacular stuff.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clotting thing is absolute nonsense, just as THE DATA has indicated. But don’t let that stop total twats like Macron from jumping on it. He’s gutted when he has to endorse it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AstraZenica should just out-petty them and offer to forego the contract. They're not profiting on it anyway, so fuck 'em.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    They're just words on a screen, the interpretation is all yours.
    To be fair, it came across a little 'catty'. But I'm willing to work past this. In fact, I forgive you. I've taken the higher road (unlike you, you complete cretin!!).

Aaah, friends.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole thing is getting to existential threat levels of incompetence now, but, as always, the response is to make the threat actually worse by doubling down on the original stupidity.

Also, isn't covid strongly associated with clotting problems? So watch as clotting events go up as vaccinations go down.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my wife's Nan and Grandads funeral tomorrow and the rules are all sorts of fucked up. Nothing much outside of what you'd expect, but it hits you harder when it's real world.

She'll be on her own (I have the kids), surrounded by her loved ones, all masked up, all crying, nobody is allowed to console you. Nobody can even talk or sing. You're allowed to say "Amen". That's it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep them in the freezer until June.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they think about holding a vigil instead? Would have been able to lay on a spread and all sorts that way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not enough local police officers to make it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll look back on things like how we handled funerals during this with a lot of shame, or at least we should do.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spent the best part of an hour down a youtube rabbit hole reminding myself of what a pub and live music is. When's the earliest I can make it to an operational Belfast?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any friends in the paramilitary?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Just spent the best part of an hour down a youtube rabbit hole reminding myself of what a pub and live music is. When's the earliest I can make it to an operational Belfast?
    You stay the fuck out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly not Shinners.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll look back on things like how we handled funerals during this with a lot of shame, or at least we should do.
    We should, but I feel the majority will see it as a 'sacrifice' for the greater good. Those are the same people that would happily run a concentration camp.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boomer family's old and large enough it probably would've degenerated into a vicious cycle of weekly funerals.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Role of Sage to be reviewed over fears scientists hold too much power

Panel that set the course for some of the pandemic’s most controversial policies may hold ‘too much sway’ over ministers

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev 3 - 0 Science

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete buck passing by saying "it woz Sage that made us do it".

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree there Keeks. They're being OTT right now and voices from within Sage have still been calling for more and warning of new waves in August that make no sense at all.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yev is running rings around SAGE.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure parody account now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You?

The government are responsible for the decisions they make. SAGE are advisors, not decision makers.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Disagree there Keeks. They're being OTT right now and voices from within Sage have still been calling for more and warning of new waves in August that make no sense at all.
    There will be waves, whether they are significant enough to care about well that's a different story.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was either ignore them while people were dying in their thousands and risk the ire of the millions of people in this country (and by far the vocal majority on Twitter) that daren't question anything someone from a scientific background says or go with them and have an easier life. Now I'd obviously have preferred if we did the former a bit quicker (as we seem to be now while deaths are much lower - a far easier gig), but without a Thatcher type figure at the helm that was never going to happen.

If we're going to put SCIENCE at the forefront of our society then it simply has to be subject to the same scrutiny every other system is and let's be fair, it has made some awful, awful calls throughout this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You?

The government are responsible for the decisions they make. SAGE are advisors, not decision makers.
    You employ advisory boards for their advice. What's the point if you're not going to follow it? And, why can you not hold advice givers responsible for giving bad advice?

The Government won't be coming out of this smelling of roses either. They were a shambles for the entirety of 2020, but Sage have had a shit show too.

It was their advice not to bother with masks early on. Just wash your hands lads. Happy Birthday to you.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the one year anniversary of Caprice being right in her TV debate with a scientific expert, what times they were and what times they still are.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    You employ advisory boards for their advice. What's the point of you're not going to follow it? And, why can you not hold advice givers responsible for giving bad advice?
    As I've been saying for a while now, SCIENCE can't be questioned, let alone held culpable for anything. Which is a dangerous trajectory to be on.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the one year anniversary of Caprice being right in her TV debate with a scientific expert, what times they were and what times they still are.

"Sarah is the expert"

"Masks make no difference at all"

Chuck Caprice into the fold and it's just delightful.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was on one of the Jeremy Vine episodes I watched a while back. She is exactly what you would expect from a Channel 5, day time TV doctor. Thick as pig shit and as smug as the dog rolling in it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It was either ignore them while people were dying in their thousands and risk the ire of the millions of people in this country (and by far the vocal majority on Twitter) that daren't question anything someone from a scientific background says or go with them and have an easier life. Now I'd obviously have preferred if we did the former a bit quicker (as we seem to be now while deaths are much lower - a far easier gig), but without a Thatcher type figure at the helm that was never going to happen.

If we're going to put SCIENCE at the forefront of our society then it simply has to be subject to the same scrutiny every other system is and let's be fair, it has made some awful, awful calls throughout this.
    Scrutiny is fine and analysing what decisions and advice was followed and whether it was based in the correct principles should happen so we can learn ahead of the next pandemic. It will, and still should absolutely, be the government who make the ultimate decisions whether it be to properly prepare the agencies which are enabled to tackle these pandemics (such as having PPE) or the appropriate actions subsequent (lockdown, airport closures, masks). The SCIENCE as you like to call it, will always be tempered by what is proven at a point in time (e.g. effectiveness of masks).

Twitter is irrelevant in all this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrutiny is fine and analysing what decisions and advice was followed and whether it was based in the correct principles should happen so we can learn ahead of the next pandemic. It will, and still should absolutely, be the government who make the ultimate decisions whether it be to properly prepare the agencies which are enabled to tackle these pandemics (such as having PPE) or the appropriate actions subsequent (lockdown, airport closures, masks). The SCIENCE as you like to call it, will always be tempered by what is proven at a point in time (e.g. effectiveness of masks).

Can we not!?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure the government's actions on this will be properly scrutinised by a ruthless team of Matt Hancock's favourite neighbours.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"the next pandemic"

He's desperate for another one. Absolute deviant.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, they are a real threat and increasingly likely with a growing population. Especially with poor countries/people expanding into Jungles and wild areas. In the last 100 years alone we've had Spanish Flu, Hong Kong Flu, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, Sars, HIV, Ebola, Covid and probably others I've forgotten.

There will be more. But still... can we not.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Blame the laughfricans" bit harsh. In fact, apart from Ebola none of your aforementioned pandemicy type things were anything to do with poor countries or untamed wilderness.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact with infected animals is the obvious link. Be it at a market or by moving into areas that increase the likelihood of contact.

And it's not just Ebola that came about via contact with wild animals. HIV did too (if you believe the official story) and the farms that caused the Bird Flu and Swine Flu outbreaks were in the arse end of nowhere. And, so was the suspected source of the Spanish Flu (which should be called Yank Flu).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the unofficial story on HIV?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What's the unofficial story on HIV?
    The Polio vaccine was contaminated. There is some evidence to suggest it could be true. Whether it actually is and whether it is solely responsible is another matter.

(I don't personally believe it. I think HIV just came about at the same time as the Polio Vaccine and the link was made in people's heads.)
    Last edited by Spikey M; 16-03-2021 at 12:38 PM.