User Tag List

Page 164 of 339 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,200 of 16914

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many London based 'professionals' do. I say London based, what I really mean is white ones from a trendy part of London. If a Bengali woman got honour-killed in Plaistow they wouldn't give a fuck.

Media coverage of crime is the closest I get to being an actual Marxist. It's all bourgeois flapping.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Why does the press care so much about this Sarah Everard? Loads of people go missing.
    Maybe because it's a rozzer that wot dunnit?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Single white female. The media goes nuts over that every single time.

Abolish the Arts.

Rough.
    Last edited by Shindig; 13-03-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Not many London based 'professionals' do. I say London based, what I really mean is white ones from a trendy part of London. If a Bengali woman got honour-killed in Plaistow they wouldn't give a fuck.

Media coverage of crime is the closest I get to being an actual Marxist. It's all bourgeois flapping.
    I’ve been so proud of your growth over this. Nearly there.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marxism as imagined/administered by middle class white women is most of our political settlement.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine how a kid that spent his entire life telling everyone the government can’t do anything and anyone in the public sector is a failure. Then went unemployed for years until he found a position in the public sector would believe that. You’re a joke.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're all jokes here.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    We're all jokes here.
    Yes, some of are just self aware enough to be ironic.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I would have ever said 'anyone in the public sector is a failure', but wouldn't my work history actually put me in a a decent position to make any such judgement about the administrative state?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people take this place (and themselves) far too seriously.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent 6 years working in the public sector and it is a joke.

Alot of the staff are too, but most of them only end up that way after having any form of enthusiasm beaten out of them.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bit of it mostly gets left to its own devices (or at least we do as individuals), with very little public/political interaction, which I think is where the issues come in since you're either set up to accommodate the lowest common denominator or constantly being messed about with. You can see why those sort of environments attract and/or create timewasters.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the MOJ at least it's all rules that you must follow. Nobody knows why, nobody questions why and any suggestion that things might be better done in a different way is considered dangerous nonsense.

For that reason the MOJ still uses an old green on black system for data entry, judges still rely on pen and paper and nothing has changed since about 1984.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took us years to convince DWP we didn't need to print out assessment reports when they just get scanned in as PDF's at the other end. This month will finally see the last of that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took us years to convince DWP we didn't need to print out assessment reports when they just get scanned in as PDF's at the other end. This month will finally see the last of that.
    We've been having the same battles with our councils. Every month they print out their Housing Benefit schedule and post it to us. Our finance team then has to input the individual payments by hand.

We have asked them for years to just email over the spreadsheet instead, because we have the software to scan a spreadsheet and assign the payments for us in seconds. It would also save them the time and cost of printing and posting it every month. But no, because "our policies say we have to post it".

Your policies predate computers, you twats.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the problems with working practices (in this country at least) would be solved by a total ban on all printing.

The people aged >55 in my office would simply not be able to do their jobs anymore because they don't understand not having paper copies of everything, so that's ideal. They can all be sacked and their bloated payslips off the books, and everyone wins.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We accept that some things won't be abolished. We can't get all claimants to apply online, for example. In many ways that's good as it gives someone a physical job to do at our end. The printing was an absolute nightmare, though. Our printers regularly fail because they're not designed for that heavy duty usage. We usually have to get the Xerox engineers out on a weekly basis. The paper bill was mad, as well. With everyone looking to reduce carbon footprints, it looks like we finally turned the DWP around.

People printing out communications can do one. I have the email in front of me. I don't need it on my desk as well. When we moved office, the boxes of tat that came across was unreal. You don't need to hold on to SOP's for a job you no longer do.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best things about not being in the office is printing out handouts for meetings and the perennial battle on whether the printer would even recognise that I'd sent it a job. It's definitely a lot easier to read long documents if printed out though.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having said this, the Met going in hard on their 'vigil' is fucking idiocy of the highest order. Whoever made that decision has shit for brains.

Covid has completely eaten away at people's heads.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having said this, the Met going in hard on their 'vigil' is fucking idiocy of the highest order. Whoever made that decision has shit for brains.

Covid has completely eaten away at people's heads.
    I bet you weren't saying this when the BLM protests were happening. You're flakier than a flapjack.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BLM protests had an element of menace about them (undeniably) which required a police presence, for better or worse. This is a load of women standing on a green to protest against, well I'm not exactly sure what they're protesting against but the worst possible effect of letting it happen is a breach of the Coronavirus Act. Heavens! It's just braindead policing.

MPs trying to throw cops under the bus can do one too, though - they all voted through the covid laws that prevented them being able to protest in the first place.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the new police state.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a police state, it's just thickos being given jobs far above their station.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'element of menace' was also why the summer protests were left to vandalise statues and also why the Rangers fans were left alone last week. The Ladies Day, much like the anti-lockdown cranks, can be hassled without any significant pushback. Thickos, but also a bit pathetic.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also a demonstration of why the ruthless authoritarian streak that covid has brought out in the population is a very bad thing; because people are cunts and will enforce rules cruelly.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That said, most of the people tweeting about it have endorsed every single pandemic measure that has led to this, so what can you do.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whelp, those vigils went exactly as anticipated. What do you expect the Met to do when faced with a crowd?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not behave like that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these people complaining how outrageous it is of the police and government to crack down on the vigil. But I bet these same people were criticising the BLM demonstrations a few months back. Hypocritics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whelp, those vigils went exactly as anticipated. What do you expect the Met to do when faced with a crowd?
    In a case like this? Stand in unity with them if they have any sense.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    All these people complaining how outrageous it is of the police and government to crack down on the vigil. But I bet these same people were criticising the BLM demonstrations a few months back. Hypocritics.
    I would expect the opposite. The people who opposed the BLM protests will oppose this one too.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol a few women have similar stories. The balls on him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    •Asked me to recount a time I was sexually assaulted so he could masturbate to it.
    Legend.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend.
    As fucked up as some of the examples are, I'm not sure any of it constitutes "sexual abuse".
    He just seems to be a massive weirdo.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Chorizo.

The kid's haircut is upsetting.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the above isn't sexual abuse then nothing is.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple's private sex life, not matter how odd to some, is private and as long as both are willing participants (and not breaking the law) then I see no issue with it. And that's what I'll tell the judge.

I'd wager she was a willing participant at the time, but then they broke up and fell out, and now she's using it against him.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'We need to listen to women and learn from our mistakes man' sez... This is seriously hilarious to me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple's private sex life, not matter how odd to some, is private and as long as both are willing participants (and not breaking the law) then I see no issue with it. And that's what I'll tell the judge.

I'd wager she was a willing participant at the time, but then they broke up and fell out, and now she's using it against him.
    This could absolutely be the case. The old adage springs to mind here of 'a man gets with a woman hoping she won't change and a woman gets with a man hoping he will'. During that hoping he will phase there a loads of things women willingly do that they'll never do again once the honeymoon period is over. That could be as innocuous as pretending they're into football, or as out of context weird as going along with a rape fantasy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up there with the worst twitter takes:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concentration Camps were, of course, famous for social distancing to prevent the spread of disease.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Spikey made my exact post so he can have it. But I'll be back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed that "Kate Middleton" was trending on Twitter earlier and discovered it was because she had gone down to the vigil for the murdered girl. As far as I can tell she just went there unannounced, left some flowers or something, didn't really speak to anybody and then left. Not all, but quite a bit, of the general sentiment towards her was "what a bitch" and "she is using our cause as a PR stunt, fuck her", that sort of thing.

Maybe the situation just resonates with her? Maybe she just remembered what it was like to be a women on her own in a bit of a scary situation? She might have had an experience that frightened her before. She wasn't always the wife of the future King with a round the clock security detail, after all.

Regardless, at a time when there's this ostensibly call for unity and an end to the abuse of women it's baffling how some (not all, or even a majority, but enough for it to be noticeable) women themselves can't miss an opportunity to unnecessarily be nasty to one of their own. Some of them do a good enough job of tripping themselves up in the race for equality, to be totally honest. "Justice and equality for the sisterhood" out of one side of the mouth and "have you seen what that fucking bitch is doing?" out of the other.

Obviously I'm talking very generally here and don't claim to be any sort of expert, but in my experience women have a greater potential to be fucking horrible and vindictive to their peers for no real reason than men do. Bitchiness, I guess you would call it. If it's not too patriarchal to use that term. It's definitely not the main driver of gender inequality in the world, but it definitely is something a few of them could do to look in the mirror and address.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was born into a multi-millionaire family, wasn't she? It's not the rags to riches story people make it out to be.

Not that it justifies the criticism or means that she hasn't been the victim of abuse or something, obviously.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more thing they should be worrying about is how, without the pandemic, Sarah's death would've passed without all this. Well, probably. You still have the whole, Met acting officer shit to deal with. When was all this when that Polish lass got carved up a year or two back?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no idea to be honest Spikey. But yeah, I suppose to have moved in the sort of circles to even meet Prince William socially in the first place then there is a very high probability that you are well off. But, as you say, that doesn't make her exempt from identifying with a cause.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was well off but then a lot of people are well off; she'll have been one of many like her who went up to St Andrews at that time looking for the catch and she was the one who had the looks and charm to bag him.

But yes, people railing at her for going to a memorial are idiots.

I've realised today (not sure why only today) that I have never in my life felt angry. Pissed off, maybe, but not angry, of the type that makes you go out and scream at things, or abuse people on social media. No doubt my lefty comrades would tell me that is various kinds of privilege talking, but I don't think so. I just think I have some fucking perspective.