User Tag List

Page 244 of 371 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,200 of 18536

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Datson with an incredible into to this week's Quizzlemania.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marty Scurll testing the waters on Instagram is a waste of time.

Nonce is a nonce is a nonce.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fucking Miz

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bad feeling about that ending as soon as there was still six minutes left of the show when McIntyre had won, but if Bobbo murders Miz next week and we're getting set up with him and McIntyre knocking lumps out of each other again at Mania then I'll take it. I thought the PPV basically got worse as it went along. First chamber match was pretty breezy and I really enjoyed it, triple threat was pretty decent and didn't just rely on the trope of them taking it in turns to lie down, womens match was filler but not long enough to be offensive and the Raw chamber was a snoozefest even before the lulz of Miz winning a world title in 2021.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that it bothers me, because I won't see a single second of it, but I'm happy for Miz.

His first title reign was probably the worst booked title reign in history, and it was nothing to do with him. The only notable feud he had was against a peado commentator, and then he goes into WM where the main event is John Cena Vs The Rock (ft. The Miz.... maybe) and ends with the shittiest finish ever seen. Since then he's had spells of being the most entertaining part of whatever show he's on (especially SD immediately following the brand split) and has definitely had periods where he was worth another title run, and just didn't get it for whatever reason. I think he's long overdue another stab at it, and while it'll probably be short lived, good for him.

The worse booking crime of Sunday was the heel Roman Reigns, who the authority figure fucking hates let's not forget, being given an opponent who was already dead on his feet, because of course that's the opponent you'd serve up to a champion you hate. Yet no one talks about that, because Roman is "cool", and no amount of shit booking or botched finishes is going to change that narrative.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't hate what they did with Roman but the complete lack of explanation for his leverage over the booking is a massive plat hole that I suspect they'll never address. They haven't leaned into the idea of Reigns intimidating Pearce or set anything up to suggest Heyman or Reigns are going straight to the McMahons or whatever either so it's the lack of logic that bothers me with that. Pearce being Schroedinger's authority figure

I'm happy enough for Miz as a person but if they really ever thought he was going to be a world champion again it should have been following his last big heel run with the IC title when he was genuinely the best heel in the company or around the time of the Shane stuff when he was actually kinda over as a face.... right up until the point he was buried by Shane fucking McMahon. Or y'know, just not do it after he's had a calendar year with only one clean singles win in it. But then they probably need to bin off MITB at this stage as whoever has it is basically doomed to look like an absolute mug until we're supposed to suddenly buy them as legit again.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I reckon 'worst title reign' in history would be a very competitive field just from the WWE entries.

Has Blampied done that list before?

EDIT:

Last edited by Ian; 23-02-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it probably isn't the worst title reign ever, but in terms of the way it was booked, I think I'd struggle to find worse (unless you want to count transitional reigns... but I personally wouldn't count those). He kept the belt for a fair amount of time whilst constantly being handed shitty booking. He had no right to have a decent TLC match with fucking Jerry Lawler of all people, but he made it work.

The only other modern one that springs to mind is Rey Mysterio's first run, but at least he had a decent Mania showing before the booking went to shit. Miz being the 3rd most important man in a 2 man WM main event is disgusting.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that Miz isn't relevant at all right now.

I mean he's half feuding with someone called Bad Bunny who I had no idea existed until the Rumble. Bad Bunny even had a segment with Miz earlier on the show where Bad Bunny slapped Miz in the face and he did nothing.

From that to winning the title...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's probably between Miz and Mysterio with regard to how the two were treated. I'd be tempted to include Punk given his lengthy reign was mostly worked on the midcard while Cena continued to get top billing (and then lost the belt to the same Rock/Cena feud that fucked Miz over.) But you may be right given that I don't think Miz got even one really good moment that was just his.

It also looks from the Raw results and last week's like they're setting up Boatman vs. sodding Shane, which..... well, Shane will win that, won't he?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I don't hate what they did with Roman but the complete lack of explanation for his leverage over the booking is a massive plat hole that I suspect they'll never address. They haven't leaned into the idea of Reigns intimidating Pearce or set anything up to suggest Heyman or Reigns are going straight to the McMahons or whatever either so it's the lack of logic that bothers me with that. Pearce being Schroedinger's authority figure
    Heyman said that in his contract Roman has to defend his title AT Elimination Chamber but it doesn't specify that he has to do it within a chamber.

I personally liked that because it's a smart heel bending rules.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with The Miz is that he can't wrestle for shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Heyman said that in his contract Roman has to defend his title AT Elimination Chamber but it doesn't specify that he has to do it within a chamber.

I personally liked that because it's a smart heel bending rules.
    Except it isn’t, because said heel has no authority. Even if the contract said that Pearce could still tell him to get fucked and put him the chamber. If the contract prevented him being in the chamber at all (which would be ridiculous) at least give him a fresh opponent. What they did was bollocks.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it was bollocks.

Bryan still looks strong. He went through an entire chamber match looking solid and almost caught a cocky Roman right at the start.

He should get a rematch by saying "I almost made you tap having gone through shit" and they'll have a good fight at Fastlane hopefully.

Taking Roman out of the chamber meant you had a bit of intrigue as instead of a nailed on winner you've got 4 possible avenues (no way Corbin or Zayn was winning) that they could explore.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bollocks from the standpoint that it makes zero sense.

If Heyman was the GM, or even if there was no authority figure and Heyman just announces that's the decision, you can maybe get away with it. Instead we're in a situation where there is an authority figure, and it's one that fucking hates Roman Reigns, yet serves him up the easiest title defense ever seen. A title defense so easy that later on in the same show Miz uses MITB to get a similar opportunity. Regardless of the wording in Roman's contract, it's not "smart heel work". At best it's "Idiot GM agreed to a deal that means we can't put one of our top stars in a chamber despite having a PPV built around it".

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I suspect we're disagreeing for different reasons I am broadly with Browning on this and that reason you've cited, Mahow, is still nonsense. It really wouldn't be that hard to hint (even if they didn't want to say it outright for whatever reason) that Pearce is being undercut by one of his superiors who's more concerned with keeping Reigns and co happy than protecting Pearce's authority.

I didn't have any issue with what happened on the show, I don't think you want Bryan putting up too much of a fight after a chamber with no break but the whole conceit that Reigns has somehow got a magic contract that lets him do what he want is just silly.

That said I do disagree with Browning that it was the worst booking / creative thing on the show when, well, *gestures vaguely at whole womens thing.*

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said it was worse, as in worse than Miz. You won't get an argument from me that the Women's division shite was the worst thing on the card. A match between the Women's Tag Champions Vs The Women's Champion and the Rumble winner, ends with a finish that involves none of those elements and centres around the shit manager of a woman who isn't in the match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Reginald stuff is all very James Ellsworth.

Still, at least Raw is going to be adding (read: ruining) Ripley.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miz v Bad Bunny at Mania.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes Bunny look well 'ard that he has to hide behind Priest from The Miz.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz running like John Cena was the best thing he ever did.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Makes Bunny look well 'ard that he has to hide behind Priest from The Miz.
    He was probably running from Truth and the other idiots that are after his title.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched Bobbo vs. Boatman from last night. I'm trying to think if anybody WWE don't treat as top tier has ever kicked out of Boatman's power slam. Goldberg, Bork, Reigns, Fiend (not a top tier star but has that sort of kickout ability).... trying to think who else.

Also I wish Lashley didn't use the Spear. Quite aside from the fact that's at least five people in the company using it now Edge is back his is just a bit weird with the roll-through flip thing he does, it doesn't look very impactful. If they hadn't already had him using it as just a regular move I'd have much rather his massive high angle spinebuster thing be his big move when he's not tapping people out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot all about this fued.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weeeelll...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently he's been signed as a commentator for their new show but how long until he has a match with Shaq?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that'll be the first AEW signing that genuinely pisses Vince off.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he isn't debuting by bursting up through Tony Schiavone's chair they've ruined him.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monster truck fight on top of a building please.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I think that'll be the first AEW signing that genuinely pisses Vince off.
    I bet he wasn’t happy with Jericho either.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andor the Gaint or even better, New Years Baby.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Large Attraction.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho went to see Vince to explain it was just business so I reckon he’s okay with that one.

Moxley got a whole show goodbye because he lead Vince to believe he was retiring, only to rock up on AEW a few weeks later. I reckon that one annoyed him.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The Large Attraction.
    I'm genuinely excited to see if he brings his big chair with him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Castle Attack spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched NXT. That was the best Kross match I've seen so far, probably because it felt longer than all the others combined and his opponent actually got to hurt Kross.

Oh and Adam Cole is a bad BayBay.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 01-03-2021 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Castle Attack spoiler

Toggle Spoiler
    The match coming up against Ibushi is a match I didnt know I needed to see.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay White v Mox and maybe an appearance on Dynamite?

Last edited by Queenslander; 01-03-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just watched NXT. That was the best Kross match I've seen so far, probably because it felt longer than all the others combined and his opponent actually got to hurt Kross.
    I'd agree although that was probably mostly down to Legado del Fantasma. Kross (aside from his hammy facial expressions) and Scarlett are a good pair character-wise but I remain unconvinced that Kross is any more than a so-so wrestler with a couple of decent moves.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely.

I also think that Santos Escobar is a star. He's got a great skillset and he's really good with his promo work. I loved the outside bit when they were all beating him down and he was just constantly berating Kross in Spanish.

No idea what he was saying but it just felt right and added a lot.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    The match coming up against Ibushi is a match I didnt know I needed to see.
    Weirdly short build for it though, even without Hiromu getting injured it's only a few days.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely but I liked how they tied it too Despys first Jr title shot being against Ibushi.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we getting the new IWGP unified belt soon?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    So we getting the new IWGP unified belt soon?
    He has to beat Okada first IMO.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why they want to do it, that IC belt has so much history. If they want less belts then the Never belt is surely the one to go.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could send it to America when crowds are allowed back in California?

I like the idea of Tanahashi elevating the NEVER belt down the card.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IWGP World Heavyweight Championship is the new belt according Bryan. They are retiring both...