Page 357 of 581 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 17,801 to 17,850 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Sheffield being twinned with Islamabad seems like the more obvious answer, with all the Indians in Leeds pissing themselves.
    Absolutely evergreen post this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    A few more cheeky riots in Dutchland over the last few nights. Seems to mostly just be chavs looking for an excuse to break windows and steal things.

Rumours of people buying up fake Deliveroo driver jackets so they can get about post-curfew. Assume this is mostly just drug dealers though.

Also one of our neighbours the other side of the block came out this morning into their back garden which we overlook with a brutal hacking cough
    I was going to mention imposing a curfew in a narco state would be asking for trouble.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Maybe there is someone sitting in Poland or Belgium raising a glass and high fiving whenever news comes in of elsewhere getting it tough but I really think they’re alone in it for the most part. They talk about it like they do sport and it’s really weird, more to be pitied than anything.
    Mate, it's literally called schadenfreude.

Think on that for a moment you turnip.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura Cuntsberg in an ominously lit room taking tragedy stories by Zoom to celebrate the 100K mark. It's what the dead would have wished for.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some disgusting fat bitch in her death bed on the news (she died yesterday) sayin "just wash your hands and wear your mask, thats all they have to do" in a despairing tone. Bitch I've lost 1 year of my life because you couldn't resist the call of the local takeaway, get the fuck outta here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And she did, although I'll admit that was a fairly banging doom and gloom effort from the News at 10 mob, 'Huw' saying 100,000 deaths today, erm, well, and then a segment on the 100,000 Deaths Economy which I can only assume was some sort of sub-headline 'error'. Unless Amal Rajan was actually doing a bit on the finances and logistics (who are the winners here?) of that many people dying, which I missed.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was particularly egregious on the doom and gloom in the news. Flicking through the radio when driving home this evening, and Radio 1 was treating the listeners to 15 minutes of interviews with grieving families, almost as a celebration of reaching the 100k mark.

What fucking good is this doing? I know shedloads of people have died, I know there's a fucking deadly virus going around, I know all this because I'm stuck doing fuck all and have been for a year.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have to fill the news with something, or else it would just be half an hour of David Mitchell saying "Remain Indoors".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up since 3 with a high temp so off to get a test later on. I'm sure I can count on TTH's thoughts and prayers.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    Up since 3 with a high temp so off to get a test later on. I'm sure I can count on TTH's thoughts and prayers.
    I'm going to at least acknowledge, which is more than Sincere got that time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    You do but only because you're not French.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a teacher though.

Our lockdown inducing cluster seems to be largely attributable to 'education settings' so maybe all their 'front line' bleating was legit.

Good Luck mo.

What is the hierarchy of 'good' on that front though?

1 - minor/trivial viral ailment
    2 - covid
    3 - ????
    4 - a short illness

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s high school though. Those kids are old enough to social distance.

Now I’m not accusing him of anything, but
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    He’s high school though. Those kids are old enough to social distance.

Now I’m not accusing him of anything, but
    The Primary School kids are the safe one's as it struggles to infect them (or the initial variant did, anyway) the older kids can catch it alot easier and being teenagers alot of them won't give a fuck about doing so.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The Primary School kids are the safe one's as it struggles to infect them (or the initial variant did, anyway) the older kids can catch it alot easier and being teenagers alot of them won't give a fuck about doing so.
    Children are likely to become infected with coronavirus at roughly the same rate as adults. They’re not called super spreaders for nothing.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    They have to fill the news with something, or else it would just be half an hour of David Mitchell saying "Remain Indoors".
    Yep. 24 hour news coverage when there's only one story. And it broke 13 months ago. Remember that time Tripoli exploded? That was a nice diversion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Weirdly don’t feel as bad now, but this happened yesterday; felt rough, tired, achey etc, then perked up after dinner, only to end up sweating profusely and unable to stop my teeth chattering in the night.

And while I do work in secondary (which by the way, you’re kidding yourselves if you think those kids socially distance) my wife is a primary TA and some little cunt was giving her grief, pulling on her lanyard and chucking chairs at her the other day, so if I’ve got it I’m blaming said cunt.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nfection-areas

Playing into the hands of the sorts who get tested.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sister is having her first shot of the vaccine on Friday.

I should be having one not long after too as I'm one of her registered carers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wifes nan still in hospital. Not ventilated yet but extremely fast heart rate and low blood pressure. Also refusing water. She will be on one soon I reckon.

Her Grandad still has no symptoms but is refusing all treatment for his other conditions out of pure confusion.

This shit doesn't have a happy ending.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer wanting to get 'key professions' vaccinated first is interesting, as is the (logical) response that by doing so you would effectively be choosing to kill around 100 vulnerable people per day.

Think he might be onto a loser on this one.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never trust a man that uses Fish hair wax.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chunky fall in hospitalisations today. Touch wood, we should now have seen our deadliest day too (suspect it will end up being around 18 January).

Cases have been lower than I expected this week too, wonder if we are at the very very start (not hugely confident about this but it's possible) of a vaccine effect.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon we might be.

There are what, circa 20m people vulnerable to this and we've given a third of them their first shot. Must be having some sort of impact.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at the continuing European vaccine seethe.

https://www.researchprofessionalnews...ne-investment/

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the vaccine problems in Europe.

My 81 year old Grandma has a vaccine booked in Poland for the 18th March.

A pretty long wait for someone in a vulnerable age group.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    lol at the continuing European vaccine seethe.

https://www.researchprofessionalnews...ne-investment/

I was thinking this yesterday - anything that somehow bypassed the delays, dithering and bullshit that characterises everything the British state currently does can only have come from one source.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starmer wanting to get 'key professions' vaccinated first is interesting, as is the (logical) response that by doing so you would effectively be choosing to kill around 100 vulnerable people per day.

I think care workers, NHS staff and teachers is as far as that should go.

Everyone else who is still out and about working should either be shielding or easily able to socially distance at work and keep safe.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could accept putting the 60 year old teachers over other 60 year olds, but young teachers above people who might die of it?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the 'key professions'? I'd assume that they'd be vaccinating professions with a higher potential to spread it, thereby reducing the infection rate and overall case numbers by more than they would by only vaccinating the grandmas of the world. In which case it wouldn't exactly be choosing to off 100 people a day because less people are getting sick.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking this yesterday - anything that somehow bypassed the delays, dithering and bullshit that characterises everything the British state currently does can only have come from one source.
    His trip back to London being part of it as well. I think a statue is in order.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the vulnerable lot I would go after anyone who works with fuckloads of people.

- Teachers
    - Factory workers
    - Warehouse staff

It becomes a numbers game once you have the at-risks dealt with. I'm looking at the regional breakdowns for death data just to see where most of them are coming from.

North East: 5001
    ===========
    South West: 5062
    East Midlands: 7834
    Yorkshire: 9063
    East: 10295
    West Midlands: 10626
    -------------------------
    London: 12905
    South East: 13545
    North West: 14535

I had to format it in a little best-to-worst tinpot league. That new variant turned it on its head, although the BBC love to pair us up with Yorkshire. Its obscene how prolonged the deaths have been coming for the south in this wave.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live for Shinners' data analysis.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Negative. Result in 11 hrs is pretty good going too.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that NHS admin staff, who are working from home, are all being vaccinated while school staff aren't is just dumbfuckery. The "but they might be required as hospital porters" is complete bullshit that nobody should be buying.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Nightingale has been turned into a vaccination hub. Nice to see it finally get some use, I guess.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably appropriate that the Nightingales should be empty vessels taking credit for quite ordinary hard work by others.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should rename them the NHS Binghams.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    The fact that NHS admin staff, who are working from home, are all being vaccinated while school staff aren't is just dumbfuckery. The "but they might be required as hospital porters" is complete bullshit that nobody should be buying.
    Our local council employees were getting vaccinated the other day. The public haven't been allowed in the building since last March ffs.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    27 days into Brexit and we've got them reaching for dogshit metaphors about butcher's shops, can you believe these scenes.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It truly is a blistering victory. And I've only just heard of the 8 March deadline being talked of as a possible date for easing the lockdown. 5 more weeks of this shit before we're done, I'm getting emotional and it's not even near.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's check mate for me in confirming that leaving was absolutely the right thing to have done.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The European commission is rifling through customs records over fears vaccines made on EU territory have been shipped to the UK. “The customs data do not lie,” a senior EU official said. “You can be assured that we will find the information, that’s for sure.”

Kyriakides said: “No company should be under any illusion that we don’t have the means to understand what is happening.”

The EU wants to ensure that doses made in AstraZeneca’s plants in Belgium and the Netherlands are not in future sent to the UK. There is also the risk that exports of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine from European plants could be blocked from reaching the UK, although the commission has sought to assuage those fears.

“People in the United Kingdom are vaccinated with a very good vaccine produced in Europe, supported by European money,” said Peter Liese, a German MEP in Angela Merkel’s CDU party, referring to the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine.

“If there is anyone thinking that European citizens would accept that we give this high quality vaccine to the United Kingdom and would accept to be treated as second class by a UK-based company, I think the only consequence can be to immediately stop the export of the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine. And then we are in the middle of a trade war. So the company and the UK better think twice.”

What is going on?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some of the most petty shit Ive read in quite some time.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 27-01-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How will a trade war help them when we've got the easy to make/use one, and they're already moaning that we're making it all for ourselves?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The European commission is rifling through customs records over fears vaccines made on EU territory have been shipped to the UK. “The customs data do not lie,” a senior EU official said. “You can be assured that we will find the information, that’s for sure.”

Kyriakides said: “No company should be under any illusion that we don’t have the means to understand what is happening.”

The EU wants to ensure that doses made in AstraZeneca’s plants in Belgium and the Netherlands are not in future sent to the UK. There is also the risk that exports of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine from European plants could be blocked from reaching the UK, although the commission has sought to assuage those fears.

“People in the United Kingdom are vaccinated with a very good vaccine produced in Europe, supported by European money,” said Peter Liese, a German MEP in Angela Merkel’s CDU party, referring to the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine.

“If there is anyone thinking that European citizens would accept that we give this high quality vaccine to the United Kingdom and would accept to be treated as second class by a UK-based company, I think the only consequence can be to immediately stop the export of the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine. And then we are in the middle of a trade war. So the company and the UK better think twice.”

What is going on?
    Still think we're the problem @Giggles?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should've drafted something up that allowed member states to chase their own deal, regulatory stuff and even gear up for manufacturing. If there's any time to play fast and loose with the EU beaurocracy, it's in the middle of a global pandemic.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    That is some of the most petty shit Ive read in quite some time.
    Haven’t been keeping up with the little englander brigade here?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Still think we're the problem @Giggles?
    Yes, you’re basically saying it should all work in your favour but man the boats when it’s going the other way.
    But anyway, your population being vaccinated will have a drastically desired effect on our case numbers, so sorry about that.
    Last edited by Giggles; 27-01-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Haven’t been keeping up with the little englander brigade here?
    I dip in and out. Im sure the Tories are guilty of the same pettiness as well if not worse.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 27-01-2021 at 11:52 PM.