User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTH's biggest weirdo

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we ever find out if his bit on the side survived the moped crash?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    No love for Bolton Massiv locking himself in his house before moving to Taiwan to teach housewives English with his cock?
    Actually, 'Chicken on Pasta' deserves a mention.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this that charlie bloke?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chicken on pasta was incredible.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's gotta be Charlie. I think he's still in Taiwan too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    You're not a crank, but you have a zero-bullshit approach which I can well imagine throwing a lot of people. It took me half an hour to get used to the unfettered directness when I met you, iirc. And that's me, an educated cynic who had read thousands of your posts prior to that. Idiots in offices must really, really struggle.

I can imagine Giggles being cut from similar cloth.
    This. The most striking (and strikingly genuine) thing about Lewis is that he’s the same person in-person as he is online. To an absolute tee.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wore my medals and everything.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE-style Championship Belt with “TTH 1.0” on it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaving aside Harold, Saint and myriad odd types that passed through the old place whose usernames I'll never remember, Spoonsky spending his teens in Utah or whatever hanging out in these particular off topics with a by-then bunch of late 20s/early 30s blokes from UK with the odd smattering of Scandi always struck me as weird as fuck. Also, I never really got what the likes of Diljeet ever found in this place.

But, Harold. The fucking maniac. Giggles of the current crowd.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harold was, in some ways, the antithesis to Lewis. Played the billy big bollocks (and played up the racism) on the board, but my sense is that he was just a lonely troll who wouldn’t say/do any the shit he talked about ‘irl’.

To be fair to Spoon, a lot of us were pretty young when we joined. Me, James, and a few others as well.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shearer The 2nd View Post
    Dark Soldier.

Speaking of which, is he ever on here now?
    Fucking straight edge these days ya cunt.

Its Gareth, as Shindig said. Noncepocalypse. Or Chinny and his build a bonfire views.

Also R1 and his jacking off in deserted mental hospitals thing.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets be honest though its Wedge.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're all Wedge.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harold was more baffling than a weirdo. I think he was generally quite 'conventional', but it was hitched (arf) to what the fuck. I used to try and work him out, what it was beyond just being a bit thick, and I could never quite put my finger on it. You would tend towards a bizarre level of neediness, which constantly claiming not to care about the board would support, but a) why; and b) wouldn't you be better off just being a middling lol poster (he was quite funny) if you wanted to rub along than winding everybody up but then craving the interaction?

Remember when he claimed that most people in the country were middle class, Taz posted the Great British Class Survey showing otherwise, and then he went 'Er no this is the definitive study' and posted the exact same thing because he hadn't actually read any of it? That one sticks out, as does citing some low rent online dictionary definition of 'politics' at me because he thought Carl von Clausewitz's definition of warfare was one that I had personally formulated to disagree with him on something. What was he trying to achieve? Like I say, baffling.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, what did he do for work that enabled him to be online for about twenty hours a day? That was always glossed over when he used to occasionally lose his rag and mock me for not having a job. Maybe he was weird actually.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he was just unwilling to accept he was wrong to the point that the E-Victory mattered above all else. It's a pretty major personality flaw in and of it's self, but it's downright self-destructive when you're a wing-nut shouting at a load of lefties (as we were for the most part, but our old age is shifting us all to the right) that will never agree with you.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked when Harold went to (the open) university and kept posting his results on Teh Refuge.

I'm not having Saint as a weirdo, though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Also, what did he do for work that enabled him to be online for about twenty hours a day? That was always glossed over when he used to occasionally lose his rag and mock me for not having a job. Maybe he was weird actually.
    My theory was that he sold drugs which is why he was always awake at all hours and disappeared off the face of the planet for a bit.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think more likely is his mum or dad died when he was a teenager and left him a decent amount of money and property to push well into his thirties without working.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still maintain that Harold never had my account despite what I said to Offy and I just made a poor decision. I can't believe I got permabanned for that but not the rest of the shit I put on you lot over the years.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Harold was, in some ways, the antithesis to Lewis. Played the billy big bollocks (and played up the racism) on the board, but my sense is that he was just a lonely troll who wouldn’t say/do any the shit he talked about ‘irl’.

To be fair to Spoon, a lot of us were pretty young when we joined. Me, James, and a few others as well.
    There were a lot more posters, and a much broader age range back then though.

And still, Spoonsky is lovely, and not a weirdo - I just found it odd that his character found it's way, in the state of the board at the time, and fitted in - even became a star turn. More somewhere to voice that than an accusation, anyway!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harold was more baffling than a weirdo. I think he was generally quite 'conventional', but it was hitched (arf) to what the fuck. I used to try and work him out, what it was beyond just being a bit thick, and I could never quite put my finger on it. You would tend towards a bizarre level of neediness, which constantly claiming not to care about the board would support, but a) why; and b) wouldn't you be better off just being a middling lol poster (he was quite funny) if you wanted to rub along than winding everybody up but then craving the interaction?

Remember when he claimed that most people in the country were middle class, Taz posted the Great British Class Survey showing otherwise, and then he went 'Er no this is the definitive study' and posted the exact same thing because he hadn't actually read any of it? That one sticks out, as does citing some low rent online dictionary definition of 'politics' at me because he thought Carl von Clausewitz's definition of warfare was one that I had personally formulated to disagree with him on something. What was he trying to achieve? Like I say, baffling.
    SG used to claim that anyone who owned a computer was middle class. It would have been 15 years ago so he might have had more of a point back then.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Harold there was obviously a big secret as he clearly didn't work. Could be Offshore's suggestion, could have been medical, who knows.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was probably claiming top whack disability.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My original thought was getting money from being a 'carer' which was why he hated 'benefit scum' so much. As with anything right-wing, it's projection.

However, the enforced absence is only explained by a prison sentence.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or he's dead.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he just moved on?

Hahahahaha.

Yeah, dead or in Prison. Only explanations.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he still walks among us.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Or he's dead.
    No there was a time when he had a registered account, posted under it normally, went missing your 9 months and then came back with a bunch of spam threads about dirty forrins.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was he last on the fuge? Is that place still going?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, it changed to that god awful new forum design and I can't bring myself to look at it again.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can’t log in without a tapatalk account now. They must have took over zetaboards.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went on there looking for Spikey's MySpace the other day. Nothing happens there anymore. I think the last post was from Mahow in February asking if this place had gone down. It's still handy for that, to be fair, but I think most of us would rather just have a night off than hang out at Teh Refuge these days.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just email Bam if this place goes down now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Leaving aside Harold, Saint and myriad odd types that passed through the old place whose usernames I'll never remember, Spoonsky spending his teens in Utah or whatever hanging out in these particular off topics with a by-then bunch of late 20s/early 30s blokes from UK with the odd smattering of Scandi always struck me as weird as fuck. Also, I never really got what the likes of Diljeet ever found in this place.

But, Harold. The fucking maniac. Giggles of the current crowd.

That's a good shout. I'd have myself down as pretty weird to be honest. I think I stumbled upon TTH (having gotten into The Dugout via the Manager's Diary, where as a 12-year-old I wrote two 80,000+ word World Cup simulation-stories - I think @Jimmy Floyd would remember that if nobody else - which shows plenty of weirdness in itself) as an only child, basically right as I hit puberty, and as soppy as this will sound it gave me a kind of community I hadn't experienced before, where I could connect with people across huge barriers of identity and have it not really matter at all. There was also something about this strange society of 50+ people who all knew each other and could somehow understand each other's jokes and references dating back years, that wasn't like anything else I'd known in life, and I'm guessing for most others here who don't live in villages that's the case as well. But there's no doubt that the fact my teenage years were as much shaped in the social cauldron of mid-20s Brits as they were in my high school had some kind of strange effect on me. At this point I'm pretty much normal to the outsider's eye, and the existence of this place and the amount of time I've spent on here is something known only to my girlfriend and a handful of my closest friends; but still, when I told my girlfriend about it after we'd been dating for a couple months, she said, after she'd finished lolling, that it made a lot of sense.

fuck that's a long post about myself

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That? That's just a bit of dust in my eye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge fucking weirdo and I take absolute pride in it. But I'm also not active on any forums and have no social media so it's all good.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Spoonsky pretty much exactly the same as me

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still in a funk band Spoon?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post

That's a good shout. I'd have myself down as pretty weird to be honest. I think I stumbled upon TTH (having gotten into The Dugout via the Manager's Diary, where as a 12-year-old I wrote two 80,000+ word World Cup simulation-stories - I think @Jimmy Floyd would remember that if nobody else - which shows plenty of weirdness in itself) as an only child, basically right as I hit puberty, and as soppy as this will sound it gave me a kind of community I hadn't experienced before, where I could connect with people across huge barriers of identity and have it not really matter at all. There was also something about this strange society of 50+ people who all knew each other and could somehow understand each other's jokes and references dating back years, that wasn't like anything else I'd known in life, and I'm guessing for most others here who don't live in villages that's the case as well. But there's no doubt that the fact my teenage years were as much shaped in the social cauldron of mid-20s Brits as they were in my high school had some kind of strange effect on me. At this point I'm pretty much normal to the outsider's eye, and the existence of this place and the amount of time I've spent on here is something known only to my girlfriend and a handful of my closest friends; but still, when I told my girlfriend about it after we'd been dating for a couple months, she said, after she'd finished lolling, that it made a lot of sense.

fuck that's a long post about myself
    I enjoyed it, mind

Also, I definitely recall enjoying the TMD stuff, I did the odd bit there too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite TMD was the Chris De Burgh stuff, can't remember the author.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of TMD, Vic Flange claimed to be a successful middle aged man. Now whether or not he was funny after the first ten posts (not really), why was he writing sexually explicit stories for young lads on a Football Manager forum with his spare time?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I liked when Harold went to (the open) university and kept posting his results on Teh Refuge.

I'm not having Saint as a weirdo, though.
    Saint was probably one of the most normal people that's ever posted on here.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of TMD, Vic Flange claimed to be a successful middle aged man. Now whether or not he was funny after the first ten posts (not really), why was he writing sexually explicit stories for young lads on a Football Manager forum with his spare time?
    That's a great shout.

Every now and then I'd wonder in there and read some of his stuff. I mean, it was pretty well written but it was smut on a football manager board at the end of the day. Weirdly, he also never seem to finish a story before popping up with a new one.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    Saint was probably one of the most normal people that's ever posted on here.
    Research on that

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what Saint's Bulgarian property is worth these days.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    That's a great shout.

Every now and then I'd wonder in there and read some of his stuff. I mean, it was pretty well written but it was smut on a football manager board at the end of the day. Weirdly, he also never seem to finish a story before popping up with a new one.
    At least I had the decency to rush to the finish. Ooh er.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saint was only really a low-level weirdo, but it was seemingly across the board and in every aspect of his life, so it probably added up to a lot.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found harold

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angelsaint wasn’t so much weird, just that his English was absolutely dreadful.
    I'm a twit