123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, he came from the back, not the crowd where this usually happens. I could actually see this as a work.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't he just come over the barrier right near the stage/tron?

I'm not ruling it out being a work either because it was just my natural thought but I just assumed he came over the barrier right at the side of the stage rather than actually from the back.

I'm also not convinced WWE would go meta in this way.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he came from the ramp but another viewing sees him run from the right-hand side. Possibly jumped the barricade but he's already running when the camera spots him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a millionaire wrestler sending me messages asking for $50 I'd suspect something's not legit there. Saying that Glen Johnson did steal a toilet seat from B&Q so you never can tell with celebrities.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno if I missed that story or have just forgotten it because it was, sob, 14 years ago.

Despite reportedly earning £30,000 a week, Johnson - currently on loan from Chelsea - was spotted by a security guard putting a toilet seat into a box with a cheaper price tag. Aided by Millwall striker Ben May, he also hid a set of taps underneath a sink at the checkout to avoid paying for them. Both were handed £80 on the spot fines by police.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    The thing is, he came from the back, not the crowd where this usually happens. I could actually see this as a work.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ‘Johnny Wrestling’ signs for AEW. I might just be done with it. It’s just becoming a dumb mark show with Tony Khan playing action figures.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that every promotion?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and they're all fucking atrocious hence why WWE was good?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty much the entire point of wrestling.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW used to be genuinely different and good. Now it's Tony Khans e-fed and generic as fuck. Which would be perfectly summed up by Jonny 'So fucking bland my only characteristic is I'm good at the sport I'm professionally employed to do' Gargano fighting Adam '4ft8' Cole. Dull.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Had a few Dark Side Of The Rings on today.

Montreal Screwjob I already knew too much about but it was still alright.

I really enjoyed the New Jack one. Honestly can’t help but like him.

Nick Gage one was okay but ehh I don’t like him.

I might watch the Brawl For All one, as I’ve somehow got zero recollection of it.
    Okay the Brawl For All was awesome. Quite worried I don't recall any of it, besides the Butterbean match.

Are any of the other Dark Sides worth watching, in particular? Apart from those listed above I've also seen the Benoit ones and Bruiser Brody. Should probably watch the Brian Pilman ones to see why my mum fancied him, and cos my boy Griff Garrison might make an appearance.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the one about the Von Erichs and the Herb Abrams one in particular, there was a man who liked his cocaine.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nutter who jumped Rollins has been charged by the NYPD with assault and "attempted violation of arts and cultural affairs."

"The Arts."
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE using real life firings to try and get kayfabe heat on heels on Raw. Stay classy lads.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beth Phoenix is leaving NXT.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's probably just furious, as we all are, that Reagal hasn't got to shout WAAAAR GAAAAAAAMES this year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    If ‘Johnny Wrestling’ signs for AEW. I might just be done with it. It’s just becoming a dumb mark show with Tony Khan playing action figures.

It's happening.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s fite cancelled.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you expect he'll be getting the full three hours of AEW programming a week to himself if he signs?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but with Punk getting 30 to do an entrance and fight a jobber. Bryan getting 20 to fight a jobber. Cole doing a 20 minute trios match vs a jobber there’s not a fat lot left. Then we have to fit mid card Christian in there somewhere. I wasn’t watching WWE because I didn’t like WWE. Let Tony Khan efed. I’ll go back to not watching wrestling.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good yarn.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been listening to some WarGames reviews (my interest in NXT has plummeted enough that I didn't even know it was on the Sunday just gone until I saw a headline yesterday) and having the new guys who you are presumably hoping the fans will get invested in as the heels over the Black and Gold brand guys is certainly a choice. Feels like WWE were, for once, aware enough to know they wouldn't get the audience booing DIY over the likes of Waller and so just didn't give it any further thought.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NXT results sound a lot like Gargano might be planning to re-sign. Which if he's away on paternity leave that makes sense, have the steady money come in for a bit.

But whereas the O'Reilly stuff was clearly "let's write you out to end this feud" Gargano / Waller wasn't a thing beyond both being in Wargames so I assume Gargano will come back to feud him later.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that is him finished up there now, at least the last thing he did wasn't wearing a shark costume to stop a serial killer having sex.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The NXT results sound a lot like Gargano might be planning to re-sign. Which if he's away on paternity leave that makes sense, have the steady money come in for a bit.

But whereas the O'Reilly stuff was clearly "let's write you out to end this feud" Gargano / Waller wasn't a thing beyond both being in Wargames so I assume Gargano will come back to feud him later.

The two pictures of Gargano and Ciampa there make it seem like he's done though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it is entirely possible it's just a dumb way to book his finish. It's WWE after all.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A thought just occurred to me when seeing a headline about Gargano.... WWE don't do big teary sendoffs for guys who they think are leaving to go elsewhere. Is there an exception to this I'm not thinking of? For "retirements", sure, but not for guys who are just leaving. So even if he does end up leaving I reckon they've got a feeling he's gonna stick around.

But then y'know, I think they thought they were gonna re-sign Bryan as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dean Ambrose had a bit of a farewell lap of honour that seemed so out of place I was convinced he'd re-signed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't they then have him mugged off by EC3 who wasn't even being pushed though? And then threatened to have him lose to Nia Jax or something?

I think ultimately with Gargano my feel is that I don't really know what's going on but they think he might re-sign and if he does it was definitely a farewell to NXT and the poor sod would be trying his luck on Raw or Smackdown. I imagine he wouldn't want to do all the travel of NJPW, etc. with a new baby and he might look at AEW and think it's a bit crammed with people already queueing up for feuds right now so I suppose the question is whether he wanted the steady money and was choosing between being a midcarder with some good matches for a bit at AEW or roll the dice in WWE that he might catch Vince's eye despite his size (he wouldn't.)

24/7 title here we come.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had him do some weird stuff like complain about how stinky everyone was and other bizarre nonsense that pushed him out the door, but then after he was confirmed to be going they promoted that live show on the network centred around him and the Shield, really stood out from the norm for WWE in particular

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think the gas mask shit was just WWE "humour" rather than directly tied to his departure. Forgot about the Shield doc.

Hm. It's all a bit odd anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ambrose had convinced them he was going to retire without actually saying those words. They thought he was riding off into the sunset.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willow to AEW confirmed.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff Hardy 2022 deadpool
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me this is a rough watch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...eb2x&context=3

So, BH wins via the shittiest roll up I've ever seen. Andrew Anderson comes out to brawl with Carlito, all planned. I follow them to the back. This is 3rd refs que to come in to get Bloodhunter to the back. All planned. Bloodhunter is to hit 3rd ref with his spike, safely, 3rd ref is supposed to blade, and bleed, and we all meet up in the back, good match, yay.

Instead I look out and see BH wailing on 3rd ref. And I think, this is taking too long, so I go back out. 3rd ref hadn't starting bleeding yet. So what I believe happened, is that BH got pissed off that 3rd ref wasn't able to cut himself, so BH did it himself. First he choked the 3rd ref into unconsciousness. He was 100% in seconds. Then BH proceeds to hit him all over the head with his spike. Repeatedly. Without having watching the footage yet, I'm going to guess 20 or more times. Dude was bleeding profusely at this point. The entire time this is happening, I've decided this is too much and I was tryin to get BH off the dude. I refused to go into the ring, I absolutely did not trust him. So on the apron, I was pulling on BH's leg and punching it while screaming at him to stop. Finally, Blaze, his other manager/real life GF gets in and pulls him off.

That's when I managed to pull 3rd ref out of the ring. I checked on him again here and he was absolutely out and still profusely bleeding. So I immediately run to the back saying to call 911 and I need as many people out there to help me with a) Hannibal and b) 3rd ref as possible, and I requested we try to find any EMT's.

3 wrestlers, 2 of them with some form of medical background follow me back out. By the time I got back to the back, cops were already there, and I spent the next 45 minutes or so giving my statement to them. I believe Bloodhunter hid his weapon, because as long as he told the cops that the 3rd ref was supposed to blade HIMSELF he was fine, but what ACTUALLY happened was the direct result of Bloodhunters actions.

Kevin Sullivan still going strong.

So we finally get to the match and no one can find Hannibal. It takes a good 7 or 8 minutes of stalling by the Ring Announcer before anyone ever finds him. I'm standing in gorilla trying to talk to Kevin Sullivan about what's supposed to be happening. I see Bloodhunter finally around the corner and start to head out to tell the RA we are good to go. But I noticed Bloodhunter/Hannibal is stumbling. First clue.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 13-12-2021 at 07:20 AM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sullivan trying to kayfabe the cops is peak carnie.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll bet he booked the blade job for a family show.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Katsuyori Shibata will be in a 'wrestling match' at Wrestle Kingdom on January 4th. You know, if you want to see him maybe die again.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevi Nowens has apparently re-signed with WWE, I suppose someone had to.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I wonder if he's got any kind of assurances for that or if he didn't want to change just to also get lost in the mix in AEW.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one minute round in Quizzlemania this week was beautiful.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From watching more Dark Side Of The Ring, I absolutely can't understand how anyone doesn't like Jim Cornette. He just bloody loves wrestling.

Also was not ready for what Dave Meltzer looks like.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are times I like Cornette, there are times when he's just a cranky old cunt who hates modernity on principle.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling fans hate everyone and every thing, especially wrestling.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He praises AEW more often than not nowadays apart from silly stuff like Young Bucks and Best Friends so while he's definitely got a strict view of how wrestling should be he does acknowledge anyone who does it too. I love how much he despises Vince Russo