User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2022

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like this https://www.mysteryfootball.co.uk/

Basically you order a box with a random top in it.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 10,000 capacity stadium doesn’t meet Bundesliga 2 requirements so they’re building a new 15,000 one. In the meantime we’re playing a season at Leverkusen’s 30,000 BayArena. ��

Also absolutely haemorrhaging money somewhere (cba doing my accounts like @Yevrah) but the board just provide injections and fix it, so I’m not gonna worry about it. They’ve told me avoiding relegation is vital for not falling into administration though. I tested streaming before and @P_3 commented ‘so much paperwork’ in the chat (how was the stream quality?) and it’s true. Gonna avoid looking after the finances and concentrate on, you know, being a football manager.

Also all my staffs contract are expiring, including my assistant, so complete overhaul incoming. Toyed with the idea of trying to employ female staff exclusively, but not sure I can be arsed with the novelty impeding how good I do. Will see. There’s a class German physio but she wants too much.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I am sitting at the beach, drinking a cocktail and contemplating my life choices, when @Mike calls me and tells me: "You should leave all that sun and those beaches:

and come over to Latvia for some relaxing time. We have some quite wonderful swamps over here."

Crazy as that sounded at the time, I was quite frustrated with how things were going at Asteras. We were in a decent position but we just didn't take our chances, and then proceeded to concede with virtually every shot the opposition had. So I said adios and flew north to Latvia. I wasn't going to Riga though, as that just sounded too boring, so I went to the wonderful Daugavpils instead, which, as I am sure we all know, is the second largest city in the country. The local club found themselves in quite the predicament:

Thankfully, there was still a lot of football to be played, so nothing was set in stone just yet. Speaking of playing football, that's where we play ours:

I know many of you will assume that our pitch is next to what looks like a mental ward, but from what I can gather that's the city's actual sporting complex. State of the art indeed. I generally play a 4-2-3-1 and have done so for quite a few versions now, but the club had approximately zero wingers, so I decided to go for a 5-3-2 instead, especially seeing as the club was hemorrhaging money (what a refreshing change from Asteras) and we were already spending every single bit of our wage budget. Nevertheless, it seems to have done the trick:

That's 30 points from 20 games which is a decent return, especially given the huge chasm between the top half and bottom half teams. It's not an anomaly either, it's just the status quo here. That's the reason I am half thinking of moving elsewhere already, with some cheeky applications for other jobs thrown here and there, but I could also see myself staying for one more season. In terms of playing staff, there's not all that much to write about, with these three guys being our best performers:

His stats do benefit a lot from raking in the assists (in relative terms) as a corner-taker, but he also always seem to finish games with a good rating.

A striker that I brought in mid-season. He didn't set the world alight, but he did manage to grab 5 goals and 5 assists in 15 games which is a pretty decent return for a newcomer.

Undoubtedly our star performer. Scored 15 goals in 20 games for me, even if he looks like he can't kick a ball to save his life.

So that's my first (half)season in Latvia done and dusted. As I said, I am looking around for something better, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up staying here next season.

As a side note, I had this interesting tidbit:

So their manager complained that we didn't give it our all against Valmiera in the last game. Meanwhile we held them to a draw in a game we were meant to lose heavily, which gave Liepaja the chance to grab a European spot at the very last second.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 18-11-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit tricky because I play with 3 AMCs and no strikers, so both Garcia and Ayerdi need positional retraining, but it could be fun to focus the save around this generation and try and keep them at the club forever.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question on youth intakes. I've not played a version beyond '19 so I've not dealt with the new screens that tell you things like "this upcoming youth intake has loads of left backs" "There is a very exciting RW in this intake" etc.

Once you get that message is what you're getting already locked in?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. I think I got something like "there is a very exciting GK" and no GKs showed up, or at least no GKs of note. It always felt like a pointless message to me. Unless it's something that refers to like the u15s age group so it gives you an idea for what will come through the ranks in say a couple seasons. I haven't really bothered to check if that's the case.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was locked after the message as they wanted to try and stop people from save scumming their intake. Plus it started to come on different dates every year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But they could just give you the actual intake instead (on random dates) instead of this message. Not sure what it adds if that's the case. You can still save scum the message if so.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think it’s locked I just think it’s there to try give you an idea of what’s coming.

The dates certainly do change though. My first few were all in April and the 5th season it randomly dropped in March which was a nice surprise.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give you Real Sociedad - Class of 2024

I think Garcia is the really special one. Serious lack of leadership in this group overall though.

Will check in on them again once they start getting first team appearances.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 18-11-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The goalkeeper looks really promising as well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saizar for me Clive.

Garcia looks to have great mentals for a 15 year old. He just looks very meh physically. Hopefully he matures quite well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial reaction was the keeper looks great but I would happily have any of them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more so that it's harder to find a good keeper than it is to find midfielders and attackers.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hail Saizar. He's gonna be a beast. Determination and Natural Fitness ftw

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enquired about a player. Real Madrid responded saying they wanted £275k. I offered it and they said er nah lol we want £5.5m really.

Toggle Spoiler

Look at the top, clearly says they want £275k.

Also..

Make your mind up mate. You happy about the captain keeping his armband or what?
    Last edited by Baz; 19-11-2021 at 12:02 AM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third season is a disaster so far. No tactical approach seems to be working, I just can't create chances without conceding far too many.

Doesn't help that I regularly concede screamers from opposition players with a 5-10 rating for long shots.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have this player that HJK offered me a MASSIVE 2k for, and he started bitching that I rejected it. I slapped a 100k asking price on his head (which is a bit high but within reasonable values), he came knocking to tell me that's insane, so I told him "how about 95k" and he said that's fine.

Also:

All of them league games, with no rescheduling. It's the case every year and it makes zero sense.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 19-11-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty great start if I may say so, especially as I feel we've been robbed in some games. And with that performance comes this:

A no-brainer really. They are not that much bigger in terms of rep (1.5 stars -> 2 stars), but they actually have money and they are challenging for titles. And the cherry on top being that they also have players that suit my system.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Zaragoza I was going quite well in La Liga (12th I think at the Qatar break) but finding the game tough logistically as I wasn't moving along as quickly as I wanted due to having a sort-of life / only really doing a handful of games per night if I play FM at all. This was going to mean three-week seasons unless I spunk the whole weekend on it. As such I have parked it for now and switched tack to a game which should fit in with my schedule a bit better: what I hope will be an 'International Journeyman' game. In short the aim is to take charge of different nations in succession and try to have as much success as I possibly can. Hervé Renard, in other words, without the good looks or the crisp white shirts and jeans.

In true Hervé Renard style, the obvious place to start was Africa, with a Cup of Nations on early in the game as well as a full World Cup qualifying campaign waiting to be played. I scouted out a few nations but the obvious place to start, to ease myself in, was Senegal. The Lions of Teranga have a nice selection of talent at least within the period I'm looking to stay there, which is until the end of the World Cup should we qualify. Sadio Mané, Ismaila Sarr and Boulaye Dia are a potent front three, with Idrissa Gueye screening in midfield, Kalidou Koulibaly at the back and, unusually for an African nation, a top class goalkeeper in Edouard Mendy. The rough plan was thus:

These players and the support cast I hoped would give us a decent shot at going for a trifecta of ambitions:

1. Qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
    2. Win or do as well as possible at the African Nations
    3. Having succeeded at 1, do as well as possible in Qatar itself, and then move on

First up was the World Cup qualifying group, a relatively comfortable-looking one consisting of ourselves, Togo, Namibia and Congo (the one without a PhD). However, with only the group winners progressing to the final playoffs we had no room for slip-ups. It went down like this:

Senegal 1-0 Namibia: we made a bit of a horlicks of this, the only goal coming from Sarr via the penalty spot despite total domination. Substitute midfielder Coulibaly managed a yellow and then a straight red within ten minutes of coming on, which made for a needlessly nervy finish in which Namibia missed an open goal to equalise. The other two drew to put us into the early group lead.
    Congo 1-2 Senegal: Congo were a better side than Namibia and I sat back a bit more, which paid dividends with Mané and then Sarr bursting through to score after a wobbly beginning. They then came back at us, scored and the rest of the game was much more of a rearguard than I'd have liked but we clung on to take an already commanding position four points clear.
    Senegal 2-1 Togo: we were strolling this for a while as the 4-3-3 clicked, and should have been far more comfortable than two goals up before they came back in the second half. Still, the goals from Dia and Kouyaté proved enough. Yet another draw in the other game saw us 7 points clear of the other three, all on two, and as good as through.
    Namibia 0-1 Senegal: a dire game which secured the easiest of passages through without looking that great. Mané with the winner.
    Senegal 1-2 Congo: dreadful performance, the less said about which the better. Dia scored.
    Togo 2-4 Senegal: we weren't great in this one either, but managed to score basically every decent chance we got. Diallo 2, Mané, Sankharé

As such we progressed through to the playoff round pretty comfortably but also without striking fear into anyone's heart, but that's African qualifying all over: you've just got to find a way.

Funnily enough the ten that made it through were the exact same ten who did 'IRL', and the gods gave us Tunisia over two legs for a place in the Qatar World Cup. Up first, though, it will be the African Nations in Cameroon, where this group awaits:

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promotion was a mistake.
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 09

Tottenham Hotspur - 2030/2031

Transfers In:

We went big with bringing in the talented Ruben Seoane and Real Madrid's mega centreback, Alfredo.

Seoane went on to score 26 times creating 17 assists in 50 (5) matches. Not quite worth the £375K in my mind but at just 23 years old he is only going to get better. I envisioned Alfredo being the modern day Van Dijk who'd transform the club into European contenders. More to come on that.

Danijel Sosic was brought in with them both to add some quality at the base of the midfield and £22M was an absolute bargain, really.

In the January window we splashed out £45M on Monaco's Yunus Yilmazturk who is indeed a Turk but he was to replace our outgoing and aging keeper Bartlomiej Dragowski who moved to Real Madrid.

Excluding those loaned out, we recouped pretty much most of our summer spend with the sale of others.

I don't think I got much wrong although losing Jack West was a little disappointing given he's home grown but just couldn't get a game.

Season Summary

Community Shield

It's a nothing competition but it is a piece of silverware so we fielded the strongest first eleven and came up trumps to win it for the first time since 1962. I think at least, I believe Tottenham shared it in 67, 81 and 91.

Yes, that'll be the 36 year old Fernandes and the 34 year old Tielemans.

Premier League

We got off to a reasonable start and truth be told there was no outright challenge as we retained the division with relative ease and in doing so beat our previous club record points total. Liverpool finished 10th last season but found their Champions League spot to be non-existent because of Brighton. More to come on them....

EFL Cup

We claimed the cup last season so the challenge was to retain it. Reaching the final was easier than anticipated.

It did however take an extra time strike from Dylan Munro to secure the trophy itself. The last time myself, Munro and Louie Barry were all on the pitch at the same time was back at Rangers. Munro ended up grabbing another 42 career goals this season in 42(7) games. The Scottish striker is now just five goals short of becoming Scotland's all time leading goal scorer too. Che Adams is the current occupant but with Munro being just 24 years old, I sense it's going to be a record beaten and held for a while. Bournemouth did put up a decent effort in fairness. 2-1 and we took it home.

FA Cup

The dismantling of QPR set the tone or so we thought, we'd won a few games by 9 goals over the years. Victories over West Ham and Newcastle launched us into the quarter finals, an encounter with Norwich lay in wait....

But no one saw the result coming, least of all ourselves.

2-0 down, we clawed it back but then...

Absolutely roasted. It wasn't going to be the last time either....

Champions League

Our group should have been straight forward given the quality advantage we held over our opponents but we were inconsistent from the get go and paid the ultimate price by finishing 3rd and exiting in the group stage.

At least we still had the Europa League though.

Easy until the quarter finals when we unexpectedly lost to Chelsea, we did turn that around in the return and with Brighton in the semi finals, I anticipated another European final.

But damn. I still have no idea how we Tottenham'd it.

2-0 down heading into the final few minutes, 4-2 up on aggregate and yet, well, I don't even know because words escape me. Brighton thus took the Champions League spot from Liverpool despite finishing 12th in the league with just one win in their last six games. A penalty shootout victory over Inter Milan in the final gave Graham Potter's side an unlikely win. Part of me hopes that missing out on Europe's top competition spells the end for current Liverpool manager....Gareth bloody Southgate. Not just the former England manager, no, no. He's the former Real Madrid manager too having spent four years in Spain from 2026-2030. Madness.

All in all, the league win was welcome but there is definitely something sinister about Spurs. We agreed to have a stadium expansion too but that was put to bed when the local council refused planning permission and coupled with the training facilities being downgraded, it just ensured the season was a bit of an anti-climax, really. I have one more year left but it is touch and go as to whether I'm going to see that out.

I could give it one more attempt to do ANYTHING at all in Europe, not just with Tottenham but on a personal level too however I think the time may be nearing to venture further afield and leave England once and for all.

Meh.

Last edited by Smjffy; 20-11-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof, that Brighton result. You got FM'ed.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone please post a screenshot of your formation.

If my players will fit into it I will be politely requesting more information.

Can’t buy a win, relegation is definitely on the cards and now the fans are calling me out for not changing things. I feel like Ole, except he didn’t literally just get the team predicted 13th promoted as top goalscorers. Idiots.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can replicate it by just copying what you see, I don't have any custom instructions on any of the players. The Deep Lying Forward is the one that probably takes improving. It's been better than an Advanced Forward or a second Pressing Forward, but still not as good as it could be it feels like. The Pressing Forward does score a shitton of goals though, so maybe that would "break" if I changed the DLF role.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main two.

[spoiler]Sometimes we use this

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw that this is on Gamepass, so I downloaded it. What are the things that I should change before starting? You know, the usual name mods and whatnot.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://sortitoutsi.net/content/5892...t-released-yet
    That fixed names and stuff. It’ll disable the leaderboard if that’s something you care about.

They also have facepacks and stuff.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    I could give it one more attempt to do ANYTHING at all in Europe, not just with Tottenham but on a personal level too however I think the time may be nearing to venture further afield and leave England once and for all.

Its a shame that they missed out on Champions League football last season but it's a decent step forward IMO and gives me some experience in another country. If I can end Bayern's monopoly then that in my mind would be every bit as good as European success at this stage of the 'career'.

I was tempted to go to Spain but it's taken me nearly ten seasons to realise I've had it on 'view only' since the start of the game.

Financially the club are in rude health which is nice and there is enough quality already at the club to be able to make a difference with a few decent additions.

Thus far the career has been Derby > Millwall > Rangers > Wales > Tottenham > Dortmund.

Epic rise.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing stuff Tim!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    https://sortitoutsi.net/content/5892...t-released-yet
    That fixed names and stuff. It’ll disable the leaderboard if that’s something you care about.

They also have facepacks and stuff.
    Always great when the files in the information don't match the files downloaded.

Thanks anyways.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My game suddenly won't launch :/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick google suggests it was a somewhat frequent issue in beta. There's bound to be some solution. Does it instantly crash when you open it up or does nothing happen when you press play? First thing I'd try is graphics drivers. FM seems to really depend on them for a reason I can't explain. @John Arne

That's offside according to VAR (we are the blue team).
    Last edited by Adramelch; 20-11-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senegal - African Nations 2022 (Cameroon)

Senegal 1-1 Zimbabwe: the Zimbos had looked useful in the qualifiers and gave us a right workout in a truly cursed game. They went ahead early from a penalty and then defended like dervishes for the next 90 minutes, particularly prolific in blocking shots as we just couldn't disturb the mass of bodies in front of us. Finally towards the end I went to a 4-2-4 and Mané teed up Dia for the equaliser, which was good as draws in a 24-into-16 group stage can be almost as handy as wins. Guinea beat Malawi 3-1 to lead the group.

Senegal 1-1 Guinea: unlike Zimbabwe, the more expansive Guineans came out to play, and that suited us far better, but horribly wasteful finishing (21 shots, 4 on target) gave us the same result and a sweat on getting out of a very easy group on paper. Mané scored but should have had four or five. This left us needing a win over Malawi to be sure of going through.

Senegal 3-0 Malawi: we weren't really great in this game either but unlike in the others, we found our finishing boots, or rather Boulaye Dia did, the Villarreal man amassing a perfect hat-trick. The other two drew 1-1 which sent us to an extremely spawny group win.

The draw however put us in a pretty tough bracket.

Morocco in the second round began badly when centre-forward Dia, with four goals in the tournament, was sent off for a shitty tackle. This was basically the only action of a truly dire first half which featured 1 shot at each end. The second half dribbled on in much the same fashion; we were happy behind the ball with ten men, while Morocco were just generally insipid. In extra time they created a little bit more and Mendy made a couple of close range saves to keep us alive towards the end. Penalties arrived and our men prospered, but Edouard Mendy saved from Nordin Amrabat to put the Moroccans out after a truly dreadful example of African Nations knockout football.

Tunisia overcame the Ivory Coast 2-1, and so our World Cup playoff opponents would also be our quarter-final foes. Our group was not looking quite so easy now, with all three sides through to the last eight.

Tunisia was a much better game than the Morocco shitfest, and after some good control of the game we went ahead before half time when Diallo, in for the suspended Dia, set up Mané for a clinical finish into the bottom corner, one that made him Senegal's record goalscorer with 30 (going past Henri Camara). Diallo himself then doubled the lead in first half stoppage time, and the second half passed by with no real alarms - this was the first time in the tournament that we actually played pretty well, albeit up against a fairly ideas-free and very cautious Tunisian lineup.

Burkina Faso upsetting Mo's men in the quarter-finals certainly made life easier on paper for us against a side which had only snuck into the last sixteen from Cameroon's weak group. It certainly proved as such when from the early stages they decided the best approach was to start scything down our attackers in the penalty area. Mané and Sarr were bought fouled and Sarr placed both penalties in the bottom corner to give us the most comfortable of 2-0 half time leads. The second half was a complete stroll, so much so that I felt able to take off and rest a knackered Mané, and his replacement Keita Baldé made it three towards the end. For all that we have grown into the tournament, Burkina Faso were very modest semi-final opposition.

The final was going to be a different matter. We had got there without having to play any of the West African giants and that changed as we took on Nigeria, who swept the hosts aside in their semi. They boasted a decent young outfit under Gernot Rohr, with Ndidi running things from midfield and Victor Osimhen the danger man up top. I had played it cautious more or less all the way through the tournament and set up in the same way for the final, with Dia back into the side flanked by Mané and Sarr up front.

Nigeria started the better but we were defending well until out of nowhere, midfielder Ramon Azeez crunched a 35 yarder into the top corner to send us 1-0 down. This was going to prompt a sense of humour failure from me until just before the break, Idrissa Gueye, a hardy holding midfielder, did exactly the same thing for us to equalise. Things continued in a similar vein in the second half in what turned out to be a bit of a classic final. First, Iheanacho came on for Nigeria and promptly planted a header into the far corner to send them back in front. Next, we had a corner, someone dragged down Sarr in the box and it was Boulaye Dia who stroked the penalty in to take us back to 2-2. Both sides had half-chances after that, but that was how it finished at 90 minutes.

Extra time was very much a case of two absolutely knackered teams failing to make any inroads after seven tournament games in a short time, and it petered out into penalties. Or did it? Nigeria had a goal kick with 30 seconds of the 1 minute added to go. We punted it back up front, a Nigeria defender let it go over his head, and Boulaye Dia stole in around the back to fire home the winner to give us Senegal's first ever Cup of Nations.

I didn't expect this, really: we had a good squad and good players, but I wasn't really convinced I'd found the formula for getting the best out of them, especially after our textbook 'slow start' against Zimbabwe and Guinea. The backline led by Mendy and Koulibaly was important, and it turned out that our front three really came into their own against sides who came at us more and left spaces in behind. This bodes well for the World Cup, but I still have to try and get there first in a two-legged tie against Tunisia which will be the next assignment.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    International management really is joyous.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking stuff @Jimmy Floyd. You still playing the 4-3-3?

Season 2025 Update

I told you earlier that I left Daugavpils mid-season when RFS came knocking, since their manager had just left for Khimki. Unbeknownst to me I was the front-runner for the job from the get go, to the extent that I didn't even have to apply, with them just offering me an interview on their own.

To give you an idea of the chasm that exists in this league, a player that was rated at 5 stars in my previous club, is now considered a 2-star player for RFS. And this really showed throughout the season:

We played 18 league games with me in charges and we won all 18, with 51 goals scored and just 11 conceded. To say it was a walk in the park is an understatement. It wasn't all flowers domestically though as we somehow managed to lose at home to Liepaja in our very first game in the cup. Broke records for number of wins, losses, clean sheets, goals scored and conceded.

We also had European games, courtesy of the club winning the league the season before. We entered the Champions League in the first qualifying round, where we were drawn against Armenian champions Ararat, in what was supposed to be a fairly even affair. Instead, we recorded what must be the biggest aggregate win I've ever had at 18-0. Up next were Apollon Limasol, in a tie where we were supposed to be heavy underdogs, yet managed to win 8-1 on aggregate. This set us up for a tie against Midjtylland, with Celtic waiting us in the playoff round. It wasn't to be however, as we lost 5-0 on aggregate and got knocked into the Europa League playoffs. After an easy 5-0 aggregate win against Maribor, we entered the group stage for the first time in our history. The group consisted of Atalanta, Standard and Qarabag, which was fairly tough, but could have been worse.

We were competitive in every single game and could have honestly finished undefeated if a few things had gone our way, but still chuffed from our overall performance. Finishing third apparently means we qualify for the Conference League first knockout round (makes sense I guess), which is amazing news. Sadly the draw was quite tricky:

Glad that we avoided Fiorentina and Valencia, but I definitely except us to get hammered by Nice.

In terms of players, these were our best performers:

Very solid defensively and a beast at set-pieces as he grabbed 13 goals in 48 appearances. It might sound a bit excessive, but you do have to consider that we 87 goals in 33 games during my time here.

My attacking midfielders are generally a bit hit and miss regardless of the tactic I use, but this guy was definitely one of our top performers with 11 goals and 15 assists in 45 games. Being a Latvian is also pretty big.

My first signing for the club, that guy is just ridiculous. Although he's meant to be a midfielder, I mostly played him as a left wing-back and he was amazing. 6 goals and 16 assists in 28 games is an amazing return, but what's more impressive is his average rating of 8.26. I don't remember having a player that got 9s with no assists or goals, but he did it quite often.

A player that I've actually heard before (used to be in Bayern's books once upon a time, but I also think I might have managed him at Austria Wien in a previous version). Not much to say, he scored 44 goals in 48 games. Pure class.

So I think I could easily spend another couple seasons here, but this level of domination might get boring pretty quick. I'm definitely staying one more year at the very least though.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 20-11-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My main two.

[spoiler]Sometimes we use this
    What tactic is that threeback? I want to use one, as ive never gone down that route before.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been off this for a bit, gonna give this a whirl. One friendly looks good:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    My first signing for the club, that guy is just ridiculous. Although he's meant to be a midfielder, I mostly played him as a left wing-back and he was amazing. 6 goals and 16 assists in 28 games is an amazing return, but what's more impressive is his average rating of 8.26. I don't remember having a player that got 9s with no assists or goals, but he did it quite often.
    Case in point:

Friesenbichler scored a goal and created another, a defender scored a goal (which is often an automatic MotM in FM), yet O'Connor just casually gets a 9.4 with no direct involvement in any goals. Just a case of a player being way big for the league he's in.

Edit: Very next game (6-0 win):

Last edited by Adramelch; 21-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing 2 strikers in the MC Mez position, set to man mark the AI's CDs. Pure strikerless, one SS. Game has no idea how to handle it as its interpreting the SCs and their roles wrong, giving space to the SS. Lovely stuff.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your brain works in mysterious ways.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working so well though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This seasons intake suggests we are going to get another keeper, strikers and wingers. We need the striker as we are incredibly thin behind Mandron.

I havent updated in a while but I have played through three seasons.

2024/2025
    Toggle Spoiler

2025/2026
    Toggle Spoiler

2026/2027
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Byrne will rule the world, surely.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is developing nicely. The physicals are catching up. Worryingly his finishing hasnt moved but is obviously very good.

He struggled last season and 4 in 33 not being the return I was hoping for but obviously he is still a kid. 6 in 8 for Wales says he can do it, maybe I am misusing him.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senegal - World Cup qualifying

There isn't much to say about the two-legged playoff against Tunisia. The first bit was in Carthage and we were put under quite a bit of pressure, but managed to hold it off for a pretty tiresome goalless draw. We came back to Dakar and again Tunisia were a lot more impressive than they had been in the African Nations. Edouard Mendy had to make a couple of great saves, and then just before half time they had one which hit the inside of the post and rolled horrifyingly along the goal line before being hacked clear by Kouyaté. That was as close as they would come, though, and straight after half time my man Boulaye Dia pounced to give us what turned out to be the decisive 1-0 lead. Tunisia carried on attacking but Dia scored again on the break a few minutes from time to finish the tie off and confirm qualification for Senegal's third World Cup.

A sedate two-legger for the most part, then, but elsewhere there was all sorts of chaos:

As well as DRC there would be World Cup debuts for Syria and Uzbekistan, who both sprung a surprise in the Asian section, and Israel, who somehow managed to completely mug Denmark and Scotland in their group to make an oh-so-hilarious World Cup bow in Qatar.

The draw was relatively difficult, I think, even though I don't think there was a clear group of death anywhere - maybe F or G, I guess.

A: Qatar, Uruguay, Norway, DR Congo
    B: Portugal, Senegal, South Korea, Scotland
    C: Spain, Netherlands, Ghana, Japan
    D: England, Colombia, Nigeria, Uzbekistan
    E: Belgium, Mexico, Australia, Israel
    F: Brazil, Italy, USA, Syria
    G: Argentina, Germany, Czech Republic, Morocco
    H: France, Croatia, Chile, Costa Rica

Before then we had to negotiate an African Nations qualifying section which basically served as a six-match World Cup warm-up programme - I'm not planning to stick around for the finals. Qualification would not be difficult, with two spots up for grabs and Malawi and Lesotho both weak opposition, but the two games against Mali would surely provide a test.

Or not. BUT AT WHAT COST?

Onwards to Qatar, with the 2nd-24th best players in all Senegal, for my final fling with the Lions of Teranga.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you reckon is a realistic goal for the World Cup? Happy with just making it out of the group, I reckon? Although I guess if you make it out, you cross with group A so you have a decent chance of going deeper in the competition.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 21-11-2021 at 09:36 PM.